DS4.5RC & frozen Optitex cloth sims in Carrara ANSWER YES YES YES

Comments

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited August 2012

have got your tinfoil hat on

Stan with a tinfoil hat on? Now that would be funny.

Post edited by argus1000 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

another go, yeah my hair sucks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGXLdf1dA8

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yet another thing I will never figure out why doesn't work. I wouldn't be as aggravated by it; there are quite a few things I can't wrap my head around, if I hadn't been doing it before. Something got changed in some install some place that broke this, and I have done everything shy of whipping my HDD, reinstalling W7, and starting again from scratch.

I know I am doing it right. I'm doing it the same as I was when it worked.

edited December 1969

welp Stan, I lost dynamic clothing in DS4 64bit a month ago and got it back 2weeks ago after MANUALLY deleting a dll that reinstalling qnd uninstalling would not remove.
    a Year ago I could not reinstall iClone4 on my laptop no matter what I did it ALWAYS detected a previous version that had to be unistalled but the uninstaller and Reallusion's support reg cleaner could not find, and it is locked with limited goes, I had to get a computer savvy friend to go into the registry and remove all traces of it.
    I wrote a few colourful emails to Reallusion about it too, basically saying while I WAS happy and impressed with their program I could no longer use it on my machine and the 5 times installation limit meant I will never be able to again, I CAN now thanks to my friend but not thanks to them, their support told me my laptop did not meet the minimum specs for the program yet it did, and now indeed still does work so be gratefull Daz DOES give you unlimited tries and the option to install to a new machine I suggested.
    I did go on to buy iC5 and love the program, got accepted in their beta testing and scored iC5 3dxchange pipeline for free, only used it on my desktop though that exceeds the minimum requirements.
    But having had something that once worked and for a while no longer did, I do understand your frustration.
    but
    also can see how Daz cannot do anything about it if it is unique to your machine.
    you do get unlimited reinstalls (my gripe with Reallusion)
    you can use it on multiple machines
    you can reinstall Windows or buy another machine if utterly needed.
    other than that, not much ANYONE Daz or anyone else can do unless you are really lucky and find the conficting program or hardware conponent
    (and it could be just one dll file! not just in the Daz folder!)
    or a Hkey whatever somewhere in the registry

edited August 2012

My character is so happy to have been imported in Carrara 8.5 (she loves DUF) that she's doing her happy dance (dutifully motion capture'd by my 2 Kinect Ipisoft setup).

http://youtu.be/bb0R1fNDzWs

Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited December 1969

did you wear a granny nightie when you captured that Argus?
    (I am wearing one but no kinect, I would trip on the hem if I tried that!)

edited December 1969

argus you need a smack

;) lol

edited December 1969

did you wear a granny nightie when you captured that Argus?
    (I am wearing one but no kinect, I would trip on the hem if I tried that!)

Please don't laugh at my character. She is not a granny. She's supposed to be in her 40s. I had to work hours to age her just like I wanted. It's not easy, you know...

edited December 1969

I do not mean the character, YOU doing the dance for mocap, your wife/girlfriends sexy negligeé would not fit and the Optitex nightie IS a granny style!!
    I am 50, not a granny though, but wear them in flannelnette! warm and toasty!

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hi argus

Could you please explain in detail how to get the sim on a V4 to work in Carrara?

It works great in Studio and I can get a .duf of v4 with clothing into Carrara in a T-pose, also get a naked animation to work. Tried with several simple shirts on a single animated pose over 30 frames and get "An i/o error has occurred". .duf loads back fine into Studio.

My steps are - load V4, load a pose at frame 30 - back to frame 0. Load a shirt, fit to V4. Deselect the parts of V4 it won't need to collide with and do a static drape. Then do an animated drape. Freeze the sim and save as scene.

Please help out here - you guys are getting bit to work and I'm envious.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Hi argus

Could you please explain in detail how to get the sim on a V4 to work in Carrara?

It works great in Studio and I can get a .duf of v4 with clothing into Carrara in a T-pose, also get a naked animation to work. Tried with several simple shirts on a single animated pose over 30 frames and get "An i/o error has occurred". .duf loads back fine into Studio.

My steps are - load V4, load a pose at frame 30 - back to frame 0. Load a shirt, fit to V4. Deselect the parts of V4 it won't need to collide with and do a static drape. Then do an animated drape. Freeze the sim and save as scene.

in C8.5 - new scene - import DUF

edited December 1969

Nope - new scene -> import, or simply open - same thing i/o error

edited December 1969

sorry to hear that - some cloth works better then others
    open done not work - I think you must use import after setting up your scene
    heres one I just did today

http://youtu.be/e92S8gCZ99I

edited December 1969

just to add - you are using the new version - DS4.5.0.114 ?

edited December 1969

Yes, latest version. Made some small progress - if I save without freezing the sim, it loads in Carrara - with the old very informative "an error has occurred", which is better than an i/o error.

The clothing is correctly draped in the T-pose, but no animation.

I have tried a number of clothing items - will keep testing.

For now, would you say my process is correct - or am I missing a step?

edited December 1969

sound right to me - maybe some one can add some thing else to try

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Hi argus

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean that you can properly simulate a scene with dynamic clothing in DS 4.5 RC3 and that you cannot import it as DUF in Carrara 8.5?

edited December 1969

Hi argus - yes I can sim it correctly, but get an i/o error importing into Carrara - talking here about V4 with V4 clothing - don't have any Genesis clothing - using the latest DS 4.5 Pro, not RC3.

I've trid every trick i can - have now reported https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47640

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Hi argus - yes I can sim it correctly, but get an i/o error importing into Carrara - talking here about V4 with V4 clothing - don't have any Genesis clothing - using the latest DS 4.5 Pro, not RC3.

I've trid every trick i can - have now reported https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47640

You got me confused. I thought the latest Daz Studio 4.5 was RC3. That's what I'm using. Maybe you should download it?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

4.5 Pro is the latest release. Just reset you 4.0 and it will give you all the 4.5 files

edited December 1969

Not having both carrara and studio up to date could give you that error. I just recently; last week{?}, downloaded the latest version of both.

All I can do with this now is static poses, I can do those in carrara with soft cloth; bullet physics. Takes a bit of fiddling and fussing to get it set up, but works as well for static poses.

edited December 1969

Bth my Studio and Carrara are the very latest - I avoided RC3 because of all the horror stories and not knowing how long the RC would last before being replaced - don't think it's worth taking a retrogressive step just for clothing sims.

Stan, are you saying you can do a static pose using Optitex clothing and import that to Carrara? All I can get is a properly draped T-pose.

edited August 2012

No, it works with any clothing, how well depends on how many seams are in the clothes. With seams buttons and such you need to pin them. For some reason it doesn't work on a moving figures; but works fine for a rolling ball :snake: You will have to do some polly pulling to make the clothes cover the body before the drape.

Here is an extreme pose from studio using the dynamic clothing. This is the last frame, she was neked before this lol That is what I mean by the clothes are fine in the last frame of the drape.

Doc3.jpg
    640 x 480 - 16K
    Post edited by ManStan on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    4.5 Pro is the latest release. Just reset you 4.0 and it will give you all the 4.5 files

I' m sorry, but the latest version of Daz Studio doesn't work for me. In my download section, it says that I have both version 4.0.3.47 and 4.5.0.114. I tried installing them both (why is there 2 versions?) and they can't even load Genesis! Besides, there's not even an FBX exporter. So I went back to DS 4.5 RC3. It works for me.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

It was explained by DAZ in another thread, the old 4.0 is there for folks resetting who either want or need it. It will be going away and it's the last chance for those who want or need it to get it. If you want 4.5, just install 4.5 out of its download files. In mine, 4.5 was first.

edited December 1969

I noticed Wendy and argus were using C.149, so I reverted - it's a better version than .176 anyway. Gives me the exact same errors importing Optitex sims, so I wonder just was changed, apart from breaking the morphs?

Just finished using DS4.5 to rig my first home-made figure and the process really is brilliant, if somewhat convoluted. Works fine in Carrara.

Now that Daz has finally got DS4.5 out, let's hope the focus shifts to Carrara.

edited December 1969

don't know why you all can't use the new versions

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    don't know why you all can't use the new versions

The fun part is keeping up with what the new version is. Seems there is a new version of studio every other week.

edited December 1969

It was explained by DAZ in another thread, the old 4.0 is there for folks resetting who either want or need it. It will be going away and it's the last chance for those who want or need it to get it. If you want 4.5, just install 4.5 out of its download files. In mine, 4.5 was first.

I installed te latest version of Daz Studio Pro (4.5.0.114). Now this time they have included the FBX exporter, but where is the dynamic cloth control for this version? I bought this plugin and it isn't in my downloadable files.