DS4.5RC & frozen Optitex cloth sims in Carrara ANSWER YES YES YES

1235»

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited August 2012

yes to all the above
    C8.5.0.149
    DS4.5.0.90
    for Genesis the exported pz2 files I have saved can be loaded by alternatively browsing to the folder it is in and adding it to content as Poser content even if in documents or pictures etc.
    you then just load them on the selected figure without limits

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Well I downloaded and installed the release of studio 4.5. Still opens to my windows tool tray and not the desk top. No big surprise there.
    The big surprise is my aniblocks are gone, poof, deleted from their folder. No where to be found.

Thanks DAZ, you are a big help in this >:-(

Starting a thread on this in the studio forum.

Post edited by ManStan on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Well I downloaded and installed the release of studio 4.5. Still opens to my windows tool tray and not the desk top. No big surprise there.
    The big surprise is my aniblocks are gone, poof, deleted from their folder. No where to be found.

Thanks DAZ, you are a big help in this >:-(

Starting a thread on this in the studio forum.

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials?

edited December 1969

And here we go with the logging back in every 15 minutes.

All I got was the studio 4.5 release, there was so much there I wasn't sure what else to down load. but how; or more to the point why, would that have deleted my aniblocks?

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    And here we go with the logging back in every 15 minutes.

All I got was the studio 4.5 release, there was so much there I wasn't sure what else to down load. but how; or more to the point why, would that have deleted my aniblocks?

As has always been the case, installing DS 4.5 uninstalls the default content from DS 4.0. The default content is now in a separate installer, Genesis Starter Essentials.

edited December 1969

Downloading, but I don't see where stuff for genesis would effect my already installed content.

I also see I have a ton of V4/M4 updates for carrara, guess I'll download them while I'm at it.

edited December 1969

It only removes content which was installed by the previous version.

edited December 1969
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    I fully realise that - but if I follow your steps exactly - and you have confirmed earlier that my steps are correct - and I get an i/o error, which is pretty serious, then it can't be done on my setup, which is what is being investigated.

How about helping out here - can you save an animation - any animation, in .duf and import it into Carrara? Can you export an animated .pz2 and load it into Carrara?
    Can you save a static posed figure with conforming clothing as .duf and get it to load correctly in Carrara?

All of these don't work for me.

Which version of Carrara and DS are you using?

I'd really appreciate your help to try to narrow the fault down.

1- yes
    2- don't use .pz2 - so never tryed it - just use .duf
    3- yes - Genesis - V4 with dynamic clothing and conforming

C 8.5 pro
    DS 4.5.0.114

edited December 1969

Yes, pz2 has worked; I'd have to check to be sure it still does, never know with DAZ.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info - I see Wendy is using DS RC3 and the previous Carrara Beta, while bigh, like me, is using the latest of both. You are both probably n Win 7, 64bit?

I'm on XP 32 bit - that may be the difference.

I can import .duf scenes and stationary figures, as well as stationary .pz2 files, but when anything is baked, it fails for me - baking involves making morphs and that seems to be the problem. In my version of Carrara, Genesis morphs, apart from the body shaping ones, don't work at all. So there may be some connection.

For instance, C172 won't import an animated .pz2 made in Poser, but 149 does.

Will just have to leave it for Pierre to do his magic - it's no big deal for me as my only use for DS is to do rigging, which works just great. Would like to get dynamic clothes working, but that's just because I like things to work.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited December 1969

yes Win7 64bit but I use the 32bit of DS4.5 for lipsync and that imports into Carrara too although I have the Mimic plugin anyway.
    the latest Carrara will not do facial expressions or mimic for me so that is why I dropped back a build.

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Thanks for the info - I see Wendy is using DS RC3 and the previous Carrara Beta, while bigh, like me, is using the latest of both. You are both probably n Win 7, 64bit?

I'm on XP 32 bit - that may be the difference.

I can import .duf scenes and stationary figures, as well as stationary .pz2 files, but when anything is baked, it fails for me - baking involves making morphs and that seems to be the problem. In my version of Carrara, Genesis morphs, apart from the body shaping ones, don't work at all. So there may be some connection.

For instance, C172 won't import an animated .pz2 made in Poser, but 149 does.

Will just have to leave it for Pierre to do his magic - it's no big deal for me as my only use for DS is to do rigging, which works just great. Would like to get dynamic clothes working, but that's just because I like things to work.

yes - win 7 , 64bit
    so you can not do any morphs in C - I can do what I want just like DS - except DY. cloth - every thing else work just the same

edited December 1969

so let keep going - using DS 4.5.0.114
    clear the scene - Genesis went on a trip
    now load a new V4 ( not some thing from the past ) - plan jane - no nothing with purple
    now load your Dy. cloth
    now drape it no animation - did it work - yes - freeze - save it as scene DUF
    clear scene - open it - works - good
    now clear scene - load new V4
    load Dy. cloth - drape - now start timeline - goto frame 30 - move V4 arms down to side
    go back to frame 0 - drape animation - run - if you like it freeze it - save as scene Duf
    clear scene - load the animation back
    is it ok

edited December 1969

now do same thing using say V4 she freak
    is it ok

edited December 1969

moving on to C .
    now in C 8.5 make new medium scene
    import the first file from DS
    is it ok

if it worked
    try the animation

if they work try V4 she freak

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

@Wendy - only the Genesis morphs are bust in C172 - Daz-Spooky and others mentioned the same problem, but apparently not as severe as mine. I'm reverting to C149 - don't see what improvements have ben brought in on C176.

@bigh - the cloth sims work great in DS - I can save as .duf and reload into DS, no problem. Getting into Carrara as an animation is where it all goes south - getting a single frame drape on a T-posed figure, no problem.

edited December 1969

ok guess you will have to wait for next beta