New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2022

Here's some M's and N's.

Makasha and Nasha. I did them together as I wasn't sure it's worth getting both, they seemed super similar to me.
    Makasha
    Nasha
    Malka
    Malka Scuba Suit
    Margo
    Minha
    Minha 2
    Moshi (CAT) and VYK Marilyn.  Love this one! :) 
    MR Mindy (in Dress)
    MR Mindy (Portrait)
    Myleen 
    Myleen closeup
    Norah
    Norah hand on hip

Makasha and Nasha.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Makasha Claire Cocktail Dress.png
    525 x 700 - 565K
    Nasha Juliet Homewear.png
    700 x 700 - 481K
    Malka Windflower Latte Mornings.png
    900 x 1200 - 2M
    Malka Windflower Scuba Suit.png
    900 x 1200 - 692K
    Margo EzraHr Alivia Candy Dress 5 Luminar.jpg
    670 x 1100 - 1M
    Minha 2.png
    761 x 800 - 852K
    Minha Nineties Nostalgia Briggs Hair.png
    900 x 1200 - 3M
    Moshi And Marilyn.png
    1100 x 1000 - 2M
    Mindy Axya Outfit Ingrid Hr 2.png
    400 x 800 - 336K
    Mindy Axya Outfit Ingrid Hr 3.png
    800 x 896 - 1M
    Mylene.png
    900 x 1000 - 1M
    Mylene closeup.png
    900 x 1000 - 920K
    Norah Sea Salt hr LY Nightwear 2.png
    714 x 1000 - 1M
    Norah Sea Salt hr LY Nightwear.png
    714 x 1000 - 669K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2022

Here's some
    Pablo 8.1 front
    Pablo 8.1 Side
    Paris
    Paris closer
    Philadelphia (experimenting w special effects w hair IIRC)
    Philadelphia Side
    RY Elysa
    RY Elysa red dress
    Shiina
    Shiina closeup
    VYK Baylee
    VYK Baylee Side view
    VYK Gnome (bump increased)
    Zak
    Zak Side
    Zhi
    Zhi another dress
    Zhi

Hope this helped :) 

Pablo 8.1 Beau Fade Flip Hair.png
    1198 x 1320 - 2M
    Pablo 8.1 Beau Fade Flip Hair 2.png
    892 x 1280 - 1M
    Paris.png
    720 x 900 - 481K
    Paris 2.png
    720 x 900 - 592K
    Philadelphia.png
    400 x 600 - 453K
    Philadelphia 2.png
    400 x 600 - 433K
    RY Elysa.png
    875 x 1000 - 1M
    RY Elysa 2.png
    470 x 1000 - 527K
    Shiina 2.png
    780 x 1000 - 1M
    Shiina 3.png
    908 x 1000 - 1M
    Baylee.png
    804 x 900 - 611K
    Baylee3.png
    560 x 856 - 597K
    VYK Gnome Bump Increased.png
    611 x 900 - 904K
    zak.png
    726 x 800 - 577K
    zak 2.png
    726 x 800 - 693K
    zhi.png
    850 x 1400 - 3M
    zhi 3.png
    611 x 900 - 875K
    Zhi SweetPieHair LandAdventurer Lum no godrays.png
    1280 x 1400 - 3M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Novica said:

Heaven (I looked it up so while I am there, here's her link. She's the adult in the scene.)

There is a RN HD Judy Love 8.1 and there is no page for her anymore. Interesting!  She's cute. My note, however, says I used VYK Judy for Girl 8 as a child.

Judy Love was by Rarestone, so is no longer in the store.

vwrangler said:

Novica said:

Heaven (I looked it up so while I am there, here's her link. She's the adult in the scene.)

There is a RN HD Judy Love 8.1 and there is no page for her anymore. Interesting!  She's cute. My note, however, says I used VYK Judy for Girl 8 as a child.

Ahh, makes sense. How do we find out who the Rarestone characters were? I've never been able to figure that out as you can't search by vendor if they aren't there. 

Want to see if your water has PFAS?  Here's a map of some of some of the tested sites. I have a Zero Water pitcher and love it. I got curious about the latest with the PFAS.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Pendraia said:

Thanks for the info and links...I don't buy much these days so it's always good to know it's as good as it's promos.

I agree First Bastion sets are always good.

Does anyone know of a set with a tiny house? Inside and out for preference...

thanks 

Pen

@Pendraia

There was a Tiny House that would have met you needs exactly by a PA Mirage sold in 2017, but when I checked for the links it is no longer in the store. SKU 49033 and 49147. It actually looked like one of the tiny homes you see on TV.

Mary 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited September 2022

This is Minami. She comes with the hair in this image. You can get her and her hair "free" today with minimum required purchase.
    Be careful, though. I set her mesh resolution to 4 and she exploded into a million triangles, kind of like a dForce explosion. I set mesh resolution back to 3 and she was fine. I don't remember ever seeing a character explode like that before.

Minami and her hair_003.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited September 2022

Novica said:

vwrangler said:

Novica said:

Ahh, makes sense. How do we find out who the Rarestone characters were? I've never been able to figure that out as you can't search by vendor if they aren't there. 

Someone has been tracking what's available and where in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/527956/rarestone-gone-part-2-what-s-currently-available/p1

Some things have come back as Daz Originals, some things have come back at other stores under their new Ravenstone identity. You actually can do a search here under "rarestone" and get a number of results for the buyouts, but of course that's not going to give you results for the stuff that's no longer here. (And the results you get may be confusing. A couple of the morph sets only have "Daz Originals" as the PA, even though the main promo says "Rarestone Face Morphs". A couple things don't say anything that would lead you to understand why they're in the results, either on text or promos, but if you drill into the readme, the file list says "rarestone" in the paths. And for some reason, the search pulls in a merchant resource by Vyusur, and a morph set by Zev0 and Dogz,)

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited September 2022

I have 17 of RareStone's characters and thankfully keep a chart of all my characters, with their PAs noted. Here is the list I have of RareStone. I am not listing the one that is exclusive to Renderosity, but you can check out her store under her new name.

Difa Character and dForce Difa Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) - Panda RareStone

Gou Luk Bundle - Nirvana RareStone

Grace Yong and Grace Yong Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s) - RareStone Sprite

HD Fredda and Fredda Hair for Genesis 8 Female - Nirvana RareStone

HD Kayla Remake and Kayla Hair for Genesis 8 Female - Nirvana RareStone

RN HD Alisa and Alisa Hair for Genesis 8 Female  - Nirvana RareStone

RN HD Judy Love 8.1 and Judy Hair for Genesis 8 Females  - Nirvana RareStone

RN HD Minto Elder and Minto Cute Poses - RareStone

• Sakura 8 - Daz Originals (See RareStone’s name in file list)

Edit to add RareStone's lovely Halter Tops for Genesis 3 Females and School Sports Outfits for G3F both now under Daz Originals. 

Now that I think about it, there is probably more clothing running amok in my runtime from her that I can't recall. If anyone else can, please add.

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

y11971alex said:

I just came from a previous edition of this thread where Novica reviewed various Gen 3 HD characters; I was wondering if someone might point me to anything of that kind for Gen 8 and 8.1?  Thanks~

There is also this thread but I will say it hasn't been posted to in awhile.  Its straight shots of G8F characters under the same lighting.  

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

I have been compiling a list of all products, including the original artists at release date. We can see that the information changes with time (intentionally or not), so it can be quite revealing after the fact. Artists leave or change their name; sometimes the product stays, sometimes it doesn't.

Other Rarestone contributions and collaborations still available that were not mentioned above. The name is often scrubbed from all references, but just as often is still in file lists on the ReadMe pages as Rarestone, RS, RN (for Rare&Nirv), and maybe others.

All Sweet Fashion Poses for Genesis 8 Female

Anime Bun Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Sweater Shaders Merchant Resources

Japanese Anime Poses for Sakura 8 and Genesis 8 Female(s)

dForce Kitty Sweater for Genesis 8 Female(s)

dForce Bunny Outfit for Sakura 8

Fairy Outfit for Karyssa 8 and Genesis 8 Female(s)

All Sweet Fashion Poses Series 2 for Genesis 8 Female

Rare n Nirv Shoes Collection for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Rare n Nirv Shoes Collection 2 for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8

All Sweet Fashion Poses III for Genesis 8

FE Modern Bathroom GreyRoom

FE Modern Study

FE JK Hemmed Blazer 01 for Genesis 8 Female(s)

FE Short Hair Vol 2 for Genesis 8

All Sweet Poses 4th Youth Collection

FE Long Hair Vol 01 for Genesis 8 Female

Others no longer available as DAZ:

67637 FE Decoration Background Vol 1
    68593 FE Decoration Background Vol 2
    68931 FE Chinese Tea Restaurant
    69023 FE Decoration Background Vol 3
    69707 FE Sauna Room
    69915 FE Girl's Bedroom
    70645 FE Bedroom
    70651 FE Sofa Tea Table Combination Props
    72979 dForce RN Kids Outfits and Poses for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    79951 Rare n Nirv Shoes Collections the 3rd
    82033 RS Genesis 8.1 Female Skin Merchant Resources Vol 01

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

memcneil70 said:

Pendraia said:

Thanks for the info and links...I don't buy much these days so it's always good to know it's as good as it's promos.

I agree First Bastion sets are always good.

Does anyone know of a set with a tiny house? Inside and out for preference...

thanks 

Pen

@Pendraia

There was a Tiny House that would have met you needs exactly by a PA Mirage sold in 2017, but when I checked for the links it is no longer in the store. SKU 49033 and 49147. It actually looked like one of the tiny homes you see on TV.

Mary 

Thanks Mary...I'll have to keep looking. It's sad it's no longer available.

barbult said:

This is Minami. She comes with the hair in this image. You can get her and her hair "free" today with minimum required purchase.
    Be careful, though. I set her mesh resolution to 4 and she exploded into a million triangles, kind of like a dForce explosion. I set mesh resolution back to 3 and she was fine. I don't remember ever seeing a character explode like that before.

Thanks for showing her, your lightng is lovely (as usual!)  

Thanks folks! I will post links to those posts after I get some sleep so will be later today. I'll put it in the References under Rarestone Characters & Products. 

I've had quite the day- my grocery delivery got messed up (I'm trying Walmart+) and I had only gotten two and a half hours of sleep when thunderstomrs rolled in, but I had to get up and get the food. Then I was on with customer service for 45 minutes (with a gal who didn't speak good English and was slow as molasses)  So I was keyed up and of course couldn't go get any sleep.

THEN my husband called, he and my son are stuck in another state because their flight got cancelled (not theirs, the connection in Dallas. Man, they had storms today!)  So they were stuck in Tulsa, OK all day yesterday and today, and can't fly out until tomorrow.

So I haven't been online to the forums today. Appreciate all the hard work in posting those links, we'll make sure they get a permanent reference link.

@NorthOf45 I forgot about those and I have most of them. My brain is not working very good right now and everything just hurts.

@Novica, I am sorry about your order and the delays your family experienced. It seems life kicks you one way or the other sometimes. I recommend cat videos. Seriously. A laugh helps. Well, the stitches don't like it, but the heart and soul do.

Mary

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Novica said:

Thanks folks! I will post links to those posts after I get some sleep so will be later today. I'll put it in the References under Rarestone Characters & Products. 

I've had quite the day- my grocery delivery got messed up (I'm trying Walmart+) and I had only gotten two and a half hours of sleep when thunderstomrs rolled in, but I had to get up and get the food. Then I was on with customer service for 45 minutes (with a gal who didn't speak good English and was slow as molasses)  So I was keyed up and of course couldn't go get any sleep.

THEN my husband called, he and my son are stuck in another state because their flight got cancelled (not theirs, the connection in Dallas. Man, they had storms today!)  So they were stuck in Tulsa, OK all day yesterday and today, and can't fly out until tomorrow.

So I haven't been online to the forums today. Appreciate all the hard work in posting those links, we'll make sure they get a permanent reference link.

Sorry for your trouble.

Dallas always has lots of trouble with thunderstorms causing delays at Love & DFW airports. I can remember once I was supposed to be flying from DFW to DCA and by their by 9:00 EST for a 7:00AM meeting but I (we on the plane) kept being held grounded by thunderstorms alnight & morning long. I finally got to DCA at 3:00 AM in the morning and nothing was running to get to my hotel room and I was flat exhausted. Lucky DCA was close enough to walk everywhere, well the walks were long but doable, so I just walked to my hotel room, dropped off my luggage, and then walked to the meeting location, got there at 6:00 AM and waited for an hour. LOL, I think they had to wake me up when they arrived!

Much more scary was when thunderstorms and tornados forced the plane I was in to have to circle LEX for over 2 hours overhead. The plane was shaking, the noise horrible, but they just kept us in the sky going in circles on and one. It was after 11PM we were started circling in that small prop plane & it was exhausting. Kids were screaming and crying. Mom's surpressed their cries so they wouldn't further frighten their kids. When we finally did land thunder and lightning actually struck the airport and caused a bunch of reservation terminal computers to explode and burn out in sparks and puffs of smoke. Lights went out for about 30 minute or longer until they got emergency generators working. Scary as heck. A few years later the son of the owner of a acquaintance that owned a couple of skating rinks I went to as a kid died in a plane crash as LEX in very similar circumstances. I've been sort of scared of those smaller planes to are used to hop to these smaller cities since then! 

edited September 2022

No matter how many times I do it (and I've checked the link) the link to memcneil70s post will NOT go to that post. Northof45's works fine. I put it under Tips/FYI  for Rarestone. I will try again later. Very frustrating. See if it works for you? It is on the first page under tips alphabetically (R) , you can spot it quickly as it has New Sept 2 in red letters. 

Post edited by Novica on

Novica said:

No matter how many times I do it (and I've checked the link) the link to memcneil70s post will NOT go to that post. Northof45's works fine. I put it under Tips/FYI  for Rarestone. I will try again later. Very frustrating. See if it works for you? It is on the first page under tips alphabetically (R) , you can spot it quickly as it has New Sept 2 in red letters. 

The link shows ".../new-novica-forum-members-tips-product-reviews-pt-14#latest". To get the proper reference, right-click on the date of the post, and Copy Link. Paste that into the URL for the link. It should look like this: "https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7673841/#Comment_7673841"; (i.e., Link 1).

edited September 2022

NorthOf45 said:

Novica said:

The link shows ".../new-novica-forum-members-tips-product-reviews-pt-14#latest". To get the proper reference, right-click on the date of the post, and Copy Link. Paste that into the URL for the link. It should look like this: "https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7673841/#Comment_7673841"; (i.e., Link 1).

I know- and no matter how many times I do it, it won't replace it, even with a hard refresh/exit and come back in.

Post edited by Novica on

Novica said:

NorthOf45 said:

Novica said:

I know- and no matter how many times I do it, it won't replace it. 

Okay, I think I know what's wrong. There is a second link in there; the open parenthesis and the space immediately before it has the proper link. Just delete it all and replace it.

@pendraia There's Forest Tiny House which is just the interior, I'm wondering if some of the other homes have the ladder leading to a loft? Seems like there was one. I typed in house in my Product Library but can't really tell too much about the setups. Maybe you could use the interior of Forest Tiny House with another house?

@NorthOf45   Thanks, that worked.

Tim82 said:

thought I would share :D

Tim, thought I'd check in and see how your baby girl is doing? Not a baby anymore LOL, she was born in March (that's when you posted, I assume March/ end of February.)  Anyway, I want photos :)  
    I also want to mention you came to mind because I saw your STUNNING bathroom over at the other store and the first thought was, "With four kids, how in heavens name does he have time to do that?!!!!!"  

edited September 2022

There's a bunny in one of Hameleon's store Rendo's promos (with a gal sitting on a couch, hugging him, it's actually quite cute) and I thought, "I'd like to have that rabbit."  Well, the vendor posted a link and to my surprise, it's a freebie. It looks cute IMO when rendered, the image shown looks harsh. The ears do remain a bit stiff but overall if you are doing a scene with toys, he'd be a fun addition.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2022

Hey this is so cool!  A weather map with lightning flashes. Type in your location. LOL my jaw dropped when the first one started flashing because it took me by surprise LOL. Edit- after watching it, it must just be major strikes or something. That huge glob in Louisiana MUST have some lightning in it, but there's hardly ever a flash. However I checked on two other sites and they didn't show lightning either.

Then play with all the things you can see over to the right. The ozone layer was an eye opener.

Post edited by Novica on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Novica said:

Hey this is so cool!  A weather map with lightning flashes. Type in your location. LOL my jaw dropped when the first one started flashing because it took me by surprise LOL. Edit- after watching it, it must just be major strikes or something. That huge glob in Louisiana MUST have some lightning in it, but there's hardly ever a flash. However I checked on two other sites and they didn't show lightning either.

Then play with all the things you can see over to the right. The ozone layer was an eye opener.

Have you looked at this one? The farther away the station picking up the strike is the higher in the atmosphere the strike was.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Didn't know Windy now has live lightning as well, cool. I usually use LightningMaps.org

Nath said:

Didn't know Windy now has live lightning as well, cool. I usually use LightningMaps.org

Yeah, that's the one which came up when I googled lighting maps, to check why that big Louisiana blob didn't have any lightning. It was weird a huge area of dark green and light green had zero lightning in it, until I thought about all the days we've had rain without a peep of thunder. Pensacola is getting these intense, but small cells of purple and red pop up, while the neighborhoods half a mile down the road are getting ziltch. Seecms to be happening more often.

But no hurricanes yet in the Gulf of Mexico, so happy dance. They're saying the season will be more back loaded and November should still be active. I worry more about Stetson (the barn, out on a peninsula) than I do my brick house (more inland.)  

@fishtales   That's neat too! Wow, active today. This map reminds me, wonder where are the sharks are? Ah, here it is.

Novica said:

Nath said:

Yeah, that's the one which came up when I googled lighting maps, to check why that big Louisiana blob didn't have any lightning. It was weird a huge area of dark green and light green had zero lightning in it, until I thought about all the days we've had rain without a peep of thunder. Pensacola is getting these intense, but small cells of purple and red pop up, while the neighborhoods half a mile down the road are getting ziltch. Seecms to be happening more often.

But no hurricanes yet in the Gulf of Mexico, so happy dance. They're saying the season will be more back loaded and November should still be active. I worry more about Stetson (the barn, out on a peninsula) than I do my brick house (more inland.)  

The Weather Radar map sounds like a bug zapper, a little bzzt for every flash.