Daz Studio 4.20[.0.x] Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

14567810»

Comments

• JenXJenX Posts: 12

DoctorJellybean said:

JenX said:

I just want to know how to fix this on my end, because I have projects with timelines. 
    I can't render with either iray or 3Delight. It crashes no matter what I put in the scene. I tried to build a scene. I tried an old scene. I tried a cube with one light. The renders crash, Sometimes the program crashes. I have DS Set to send bug reports automatically, but the bug reports don't tell *me* anything. 
    What windows settings do I need to roll back to? What settings on my Nvidia graphics card do I need to roll back? Do I need to roll back my installation of DS? I'm not as tech savvy as I used to be in fixing things, I just need to be told what to do to fix it :/ 

Try a simple scene again. e.g. a cube and light. If it crash, save the log and attach to your post.

This is what happens. 

crash.png
    1920 x 1080 - 501K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901

JenX said:

PerttiA said:

JenX said:

I just want to know how to fix this on my end, because I have projects with timelines. 
    I can't render with either iray or 3Delight. It crashes no matter what I put in the scene. I tried to build a scene. I tried an old scene. I tried a cube with one light. The renders crash, Sometimes the program crashes. I have DS Set to send bug reports automatically, but the bug reports don't tell *me* anything. 
    What windows settings do I need to roll back to? What settings on my Nvidia graphics card do I need to roll back? Do I need to roll back my installation of DS? I'm not as tech savvy as I used to be in fixing things, I just need to be told what to do to fix it :/ 

We can't help, if you don't give us any information about your system and drivers you are using. 

*Intel Core i7
    *16GB RAM
    *Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super
    *512GB NVMe SSD
    *Windows 10

all 3 (DS, Driver, and Windows) updated yesterday, and now I can't run DS. Do I rollback all 3? Do I do one at a time to see what broke? 

Maybe there is already an instance of DS running if it won't start? Reboot and try again.

I've rebooting roughly 50 times today, so that's not it. 

edited July 2022

JenX said:

DoctorJellybean said:

JenX said:

Try a simple scene again. e.g. a cube and light. If it crash, save the log and attach to your post.

This is what happens. 

If you can start DS, open the Render Settings tab and see what render engines you have available.

By the way, what is the NVIDIA driver version #?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

DoctorJellybean said:

JenX said:

DoctorJellybean said:

JenX said:

This is what happens. 

If you can start DS, open the Render Settings tab and see what render engines you have available.

By the way, what is the NVIDIA driver version #?

I'm using driver version 516.59, and these are my render options.

render options.png
    522 x 245 - 20K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149
    edited July 2022

JenX said:

PerttiA said:

JenX said:

We can't help, if you don't give us any information about your system and drivers you are using. 

*Intel Core i7
    *16GB RAM
    *Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super
    *512GB NVMe SSD
    *Windows 10

all 3 (DS, Driver, and Windows) updated yesterday, and now I can't run DS. Do I rollback all 3? Do I do one at a time to see what broke? 

"Updated yesterday" is inadequate information if you really want help. Give the exact version numbers of Daz Studio and the driver. Don't just say something like 4.20. Give all 4 digits of the Daz Studio version and the full Nvidia driver version. It is quite possible that a Windows 10 update loaded an older Nvidia driver version. We need numbers.

Edit: Sorry, between the time I typed and when I hit Post Comment, I got called away. In the meantime, you already responded with additional information,.

Post edited by barbult on

AHA!! Found an error code log. I don't know what any of this means. If anyone has any idea, or what I did wrong, I just want to fix this :/ 

2022-07-26 15:36:59.732 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(1486): MDL Import Error (4006) : C120 could not find module '::daz_3d::basic' in module path
    2022-07-26 15:36:59.732 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - MDLC:COMPILER ::   1.0   MDLC   comp error: C120 could not find module '::daz_3d::irayubermaterial' in module path

JenX said:

AHA!! Found an error code log. I don't know what any of this means. If anyone has any idea, or what I did wrong, I just want to fix this :/ 

2022-07-26 15:36:59.732 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(1486): MDL Import Error (4006) : C120 could not find module '::daz_3d::basic' in module path
    2022-07-26 15:36:59.732 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - MDLC:COMPILER ::   1.0   MDLC   comp error: C120 could not find module '::daz_3d::irayubermaterial' in module path

How did you install DAZ Studio, Install Manager or DazCentral? The 2 missing modules (basic.mdl & irayubermaterial.mdl) should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\daz_3d. Can you verify that they exist?

DoctorJellybean said:

JenX said:

How did you install DAZ Studio, Install Manager or DazCentral? The 2 missing modules (basic.mdl & irayubermaterial.mdl) should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\daz_3d. Can you verify that they exist?

I have 4.16 installed via the install manager (I kept it in case the version introducing Volumetrics didn't work and I still had something), but I installed 4.20 manually, and have updated it from within the program since. That file location doesn't exist on my PC. 

Ok, found the files. 

• JenX said:

DoctorJellybean said:

JenX said:

I have 4.16 installed via the install manager (I kept it in case the version introducing Volumetrics didn't work and I still had something), but I installed 4.20 manually, and have updated it from within the program since. That file location doesn't exist on my PC. 

Having a mix of install emthods can itself cause problems.

Ok. I'm backing up saved files and morphs to my Drive, and then I'm gonna do a completely clean install. 

• visiblemanvisibleman Posts: 178
    edited August 2022

Where are these settings??? its not showing up here. I'm trying to use BOOST TO DAZ Cloud Server.

Where is the BRIDGE tab in Render Settings????

unknown000000000000000.png
    772 x 764 - 73K
    20220808_212206.jpg
    4000 x 2252 - 1M
    Post edited by visibleman on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

visibleman said:

Where are these settings??? its not showing up here. I'm trying to use BOOST TO DAZ Cloud Server.

Where is the BRIDGE tab in Render Settings????

You're actually on the Bridge tab. Hopefully this 6 min. video by Jay V. on it will help.

• Light controls (lumen and temperature) disappeared after update. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ, but no change. I'm either blind or they're just not there. 

• sonya_hazard said:

Light controls (lumen and temperature) disappeared after update. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ, but no change. I'm either blind or they're just not there. 

It is still there. Attaching a screenshot for a spotlight.

LightControls.jpg
    486 x 1078 - 57K
  • sonya_hazard said:

Light controls (lumen and temperature) disappeared after update. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ, but no change. I'm either blind or they're just not there. 

Thanks! I tried that. I still don't see it. Attached another screen shot. Mine doesn't have the photometrics 

light problem 3.png
    406 x 1050 - 56K
    edited August 2022

sonya_hazard said:

sonya_hazard said:

Thanks! I tried that. I still don't see it. Attached another screen shot. Mine doesn't have the photometrics 

Do you have NVIDIA Iray selected as the Engine in Render Settings (Editor tab)? You may need to create a new spotlight if it wasn't.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • sonya_hazardsonya_hazard Posts: 16
    edited August 2022

sonya_hazard said:

sonya_hazard said:

Do you have NVIDIA Iray selected as the Engine in Render Settings (Editor tab)? You may need to create a new spotlight if it wasn't.

You are a lifesaver!! I figured it had something to do with rendering, but I couldn't find anything in the render tab. Never even checked that, since I always use Iray. That's exactcly what it was. It was set to 3Delight after the update. Changing it to Iray brought it back. Thank you! I knew I was being an idiot.

Post edited by sonya_hazard on
  • sonya_hazard said:

sonya_hazard said:

sonya_hazard said:

You are a lifesaver!! I figured it had something to do with rendering, but I couldn't find anything in the render tab. Never even checked that, since I always use Iray. That's exactcly what it was. It was set to 3Delight after the update. Changing it to Iray brought it back. Thank you! I knew I was being an idiot.

The update won't chnage the render engine, settings would if you had loaded a scene that was set to use 3Delight.