NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

There's nothing special about that dress, normal rigging.. it's mid-poly count.. I believe it loads with sub-d applied already, but most of my outfits do. I have no idea.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Yep, that's why I said it made no sense- love your stuff and never had a problem! :)

I had read that getting over a million in memory wasn't a good thing (I am not technical) and it's handling 2,446,072 in memory during the render I'm doing right now (I have 8GB RAM total) so that's why I don't know what was going on. Using the same light set, same everything. I read so many things to try (load the scene, save, exit, retry, etc) but nothing worked. I'll try the twisty dress on someone else in the next day or so and see if that solves it for me. Fun outfit!

edited February 2015

FW Kenzi Character And Accessories (Daz Originals / Fisty / FWArt / Sabby)
    Jena Hair For Genesis 2 Female(s) and Victoria 4 (SWAM)

http://www.daz3d.com/jena-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4
    http://www.daz3d.com/fw-kenzi-character-and-accessories

Playing around with desaturation and hues, experimenting on Kenzi. She is for Stephanie 6, a figure I wish would be more supported with things designed especially for her- what a great figure! She doesn't look anything like the promos IMO- her eyes are so realistic that I had to do a large render and closeup (aka, NINE hours to render.)

The hair is out of the box, IMO it needs smoothing to get rid of the crinkles by the face and other places as they look stiff too.
    I noticed the details of the hair go the wrong direction for several strands-the lines on the hair strand go slanted semi-horizontally on the vertically hanging strands. Look closely at the one over her eye and closest to her face. (You will need to click to enlarge/click again, large renders.) Is that common with texture maps?

The hair has a lot of morphs and is very thick.
    I think you'll like Kenzi!

In these photos, Kenzi reminds me somewhat of the actress Jacqueline MacInnes Wood although tweaks would be necessary.

BE SURE TO CLICK AND ENLARGE/CLICK AGAIN AND LOOK AT THE EYES, particularly on the second one. So realistic.

EDIT: Thought you'd like to see how different she looks in the viewport! It always amazes me how these things render compared to what they look like there.

Any product I render is also an Open Session- -Anyone else who has these rendered, feel free to share.

kenziG2JenaHair3.jpg
    1185 x 1723 - 736K
    kenziG2JenaHair2.jpg
    1300 x 2000 - 2M
    kenziG2JenaHair.jpg
    780 x 1200 - 772K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Well, I am sticking to my budget, getting what I know I will / can really use.

One thing to look for- get your money's worth as this is a BUNDLE! And it's for G2F!
    If you have this http://www.daz3d.com/garden-party-dress

Get two texture sets for $5.
    http://www.daz3d.com/summer-fresh-for-garden-party-dress

Sugar Overload http://www.daz3d.com/sugar-overload would be cute for a park playground, when added to Funland that features candy.
    http://www.daz3d.com/funland

Happy shopping. I've been up all night painting so I am going to crash.

edited December 1969

Okay, I really need someone to test that outfit and see what's going on- as you know, I did Kenzi with the Peplum top and no problem- and had a render intensive hair. Took 9 hours to render. My Task Manager showed the 2 million + for memory and had no problems. (I have 8GB Ram, not sure how all this relates as I am SO not technical.)

I put the Twisty Dress outfit on Kenzi, took off the hair and put on Estal (which is extremely quick rendering compared to the other one, as it's a short haircut vs very long and thick and I know the render times for both) And when I put the Twisty Outfit on, kaboom, crash again. The memory was only a million, compared to 2 million which went through without any problem on several renders.

I tried the dress on a few other G2F figures, same thing. Something about that outfit is crashing my computer. It was downloaded through DIM and loads fine, materials go on fine. Again, I have never had trouble with Fisty's stuff, or FWArts- so this is puzzling. Before submitting a bug report, I want clarification that it isn't my computer. (Someone other than the vendors please- I know it had to work for them or the product wouldn't have been submitted :) )

It's the outfit from here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/fwf-britany-hd-character-and-dress

Anyone got that who can test it, and tell me what your memory is doing before/after you start rendering?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Try looking at your log file and see what it says just before "BOOM!".. Ok so it may not say boom..but there should be something at the end about the crash.

edited December 1969

Khory, how do I get to my "log file?" Thanks for helping.

edited February 2015

In studio, up at the top: (in case others need to ever find it) Found it under Help>Troubleshooting. Be right back.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2015

So I have Kenzi/ Estal Hair / and the Twisty Outfit.

Compiled C:/Users/Cathie/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/brickyard/{407f8e5c-3a9b-4708-b5e5-799ff1fe7c1d}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    Compiled C:/Users/Cathie/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/brickyard/{407f8e5c-3a9b-4708-b5e5-799ff1fe7c1d}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziLimbsB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziLimbsS.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziLimbs.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziFaceB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziFaceS.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziEyesB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziEyes01.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziMouthB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziCornea.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziMouth.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziFace.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziLashes01.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziTorsoS.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziTorsoB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/LuneDesigns/Twisty/LD_TwistyTex1.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWSA/Kenzi/FWSAKenziTorso.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/LuneDesigns/Twisty/LD_TwistySpecCl1.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/LuneDesigns/Twisty/LD_TwistyBump1.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/SWAM_Art/EstalHR/SW_Estal11.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/LuneDesigns/Twisty/LD_TwistySpec1.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/SWAM_Art/EstalHR/SW_Estal_TR.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/SWAM_Art/EstalHR/SW_EstalBaseTR.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/SWAM_Art/EstalHR/SW_Estal11_Base.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/SWAM_Art/EstalHR/SW_Estal10.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/SWAM_Art/EstalHR/SW_Estal10_Base.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/DAZ/Content/Runtime/Textures/FWArt/Light/HDRI_Soft.jpg
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 1 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 30 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 1 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 30 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for DzActionMgr)

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I'll test the dress. Just give me a moment.

edited December 1969

Do you have either Ambie or Kenzie that you can put it on? I used Estal Hair but we've used that so much we know there's no issues with it. That's why I used it.

edited December 1969

No, I don't own those figures. Did you want only people who have them to test? I sadly do not.

edited December 1969

No, thats okay- test it on a figure you've used before and that should be fine- and thanks!

edited February 2015

Wow, look at this. Crashed my DAZ Studio Will try one more time just to make sure. But simple character simple pose and the outfit.

Capture.JPG
    672 x 697 - 63K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

Wow is right. Join the crash club?

edited December 1969

Can you go into your log too and see if it matches my crash data?
    Found log under Help>Troubleshooting (but you probably already knew that.)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Have you tried it without the HDRI light? That seems to be the last thing before it goes haywire. Just wondering.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Have you tried it without the HDRI light? That seems to be the last thing before it goes haywire. Just wondering.

Did. With only distant lights. CRASH.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited February 2015

K. Have you tried rendering with the non-HD version of the dress?

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

I tried again. I was successful at rendering the figure with a different outfit. It is the dress. I only load the default one from the character, apply the texture and crash.

Capture2.JPG
    1010 x 839 - 88K
    Alexa-1.jpg
    700 x 800 - 275K
    edited December 1969

The only option I have in the Content Library is the HD one. It says DressHD.duf. I dont have any other options.
    Okay, so there is a problem. I guess I'll do a Bug Report. Thanks so much SereneNight :)

edited December 1969

A: I don't think it is the lights. I tried rendering without lights on a bald Britney and it crashed.

I could render the dress solo without a figure and without textures though without a crash. It seems to be something with a figure added- at least that is my take.

A: My log file was huge and didn't look like yours at all. I know I have rendered the dress before. Perhaps something with the upgrade?

I've found DAZ 3d software for me has been lagging a lot since this last upgrade.

edited December 1969

I filed a Bug Report so they could look at my log- directed them to the info in this thread and a brief writeup. Moving on- I don't expect to hear from them as I know we have filed reports and months and months go by without a word. When I filed one two years ago, I never heard back.
    Again, thanks for everyone's help and suggestions. :)

edited December 1969

Are you both using 4.7? I'm still on 4.6 which that dress was created in 'cause 4.7 is still too buggy for me to risk my livelyhood on.

edited December 1969

I am :)
    Does that log report mean anything to you? To me, it's Greek. (no offense to those fine people. Beautiful language, but not mine.)

edited December 1969

I sent you both a PM with something to try.

edited February 2015

Nope, not a clue on the log

Edit - and it's 2am here so I'm going to crawl off to bed before I get key shaped imprints on my forehead...

Post edited by Fisty on
    edited February 2015

Working on that now. :) Will let you know via PM
    EDIT: Yeah, get some sleep. This might take me awhile.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Fisty, your mailbox is full. :) You're popular!

edited December 1969

Nah, I just hadn't cleaned it out in about a year and a half. Ugh. 199 messages 5 messages per page and no way to select all.

Anyway.. all good now.

This discussion has been closed.