[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144

Platnumk said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Have a little issue:
    Would like to create some GoTo Poses in a completely different folder under /People/ - but Cotent Wizard won't let me showing a "no customer facing files"-error. I do even get this error once I have /People/Genesis 8/Poses/Subfoldername/ as the only directory in my ZIP. The soon as I replase "Genesis 8" with "Genesis 8 Female" everything is working fine. Guess CW is a bit too strict with regards to which directories are allowed and which not.

This often happens when someone uses a non standed compression when creating the zip file or when the folders are nested inside a master folder,  Unzip the file & re-zip it using standed compression.

See images for incorrect & correct folder stuctures.

Thanks, but that is not the case. No nested folders. And as mentioned I succeded just renaming the path but I would like to have an individual path under /people/.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    edited July 2022

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Platnumk said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Have a little issue:
    Would like to create some GoTo Poses in a completely different folder under /People/ - but Cotent Wizard won't let me showing a "no customer facing files"-error. I do even get this error once I have /People/Genesis 8/Poses/Subfoldername/ as the only directory in my ZIP. The soon as I replase "Genesis 8" with "Genesis 8 Female" everything is working fine. Guess CW is a bit too strict with regards to which directories are allowed and which not.

This often happens when someone uses a non standed compression when creating the zip file or when the folders are nested inside a master folder,  Unzip the file & re-zip it using standed compression.

Thanks, but that is not the case. No nested folders. And as mentioned I succeded just renaming the path but I would like to have an individual path under /people/.

It should work as I have done it before & tested it before posting.   How are you renameing the path? 

Post edited by Platnumk on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

RiverSoftArt said:

tsroemi said:

I'm not very good working with Content Wizard yet unfortunately, so this is maybe a very dumb question: Can CW install items in such a way that I can switch libraries in DAZ Studio without getting those pesky 'Missing file' icons once a library, say, on an external SSD isn't connected? I'm desperately trying to spread my content since my internal disk is overflowing, and I have so much stuff that I use occasionally, but really don't need present in my library all the time, since everything gets so awfully cluttered. DIM lets me install to different locations alright, so I can create a special library for Sci-Fi, for Fantasy stuff, etc.; but they all have to be present and connected all the time, so to speak, cause otherwise: Missing files'. Can CW work around this somehow? 
    Thanks and sorry for bothering you!

Sorry, unfortunately that is a Daz Studio feature.  CW cannot do anything about that.

No prob, thanks for letting me know! 

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Platnumk said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Have a little issue:

Can you post the log for when it scans the zip?

Will do so later on.

Also one other question. In the past I only had long installation times with characters. Thanks to Turbo Loader and disabling morphs now also character installations are quick. But recently I encounter rather long installation times with clothing. Is there a reason for this - maybe once the library is already quite big?

Once I install clothing nowadays with Turbo Loader sometimes a piece of clothing is loaded into the scene and then it takes quite long until the next piece of clothing is loaded. This happens usually at least one time with say a 4-piece outfit. Is there anything one might be able to do about it. Don't know whether OS (Mac) or any other things might have an impact on this.

edited July 2022

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Will do so later on.

Also one other question. In the past I only had long installation times with characters. Thanks to Turbo Loader and disabling morphs now also character installations are quick. But recently I encounter rather long installation times with clothing. Is there a reason for this - maybe once the library is already quite big?

Once I install clothing nowadays with Turbo Loader sometimes a piece of clothing is loaded into the scene and then it takes quite long until the next piece of clothing is loaded. This happens usually at least one time with say a 4-piece outfit. Is there anything one might be able to do about it. Don't know whether OS (Mac) or any other things might have an impact on this.

Regarding library size: I have currently > 8.000 products installed via DIM (mostly DAZ but also some CW installs where I placed the created CW ZIPs in the package folder) plus probably already also quite a large number of CW installs which I do not yet show up in DIM. Not that many but probably > 500.

Some more details:

Did some tests. 2 single piece clothing products installed quickly taking about 30 seconds for each product. Whereas another multi-item outfit took nearly 6 minutes. Some parts (like included props or gloves etc.) installed quickly but items like the shirt for example stayed in the scene for over a minute without any signs of progress. Do the number of morphs connected to the relevant body part maybe have an impact? Would it maybe speed up things having Turbo Loader deactivate all morphs or are there maybe other reasons?

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Will do so later on.

Regarding library size: I have currently > 8.000 products installed via DIM (mostly DAZ but also some CW installs where I placed the created CW ZIPs in the package folder) plus probably already also quite a large number of CW installs which I do not yet show up in DIM. Not that many but probably > 500.

Some more details:

Did some tests. 2 single piece clothing products installed quickly taking about 30 seconds for each product. Whereas another multi-item outfit took nearly 6 minutes. Some parts (like included props or gloves etc.) installed quickly but items like the shirt for example stayed in the scene for over a minute without any signs of progress. Do the number of morphs connected to the relevant body part maybe have an impact? Would it maybe speed up things having Turbo Loader deactivate all morphs or are there maybe other reasons?

Huh, good question.  I don't know, but your theory about morphs might make sense.  I would probably watch the Daz Log while it is struggling to load the offending piece of clothing to figure out what is going on.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Anything that comes with hierarchical presets or props that fit to characters take a long time.

• EltonBEltonB Posts: 4
    edited July 2022

I'm having issues when I Export Zip File(s) & Self-Installer.

The script edits the Product Name I set. The script removes any spaces (This is fine, it's the way it should be), but it also changes the remaining words to Title Case (Capitol letter for each word), and it's here I have the issue.

I will often include an all uppercase prefix or vendor name, or the product itself uses all uppercase or non-standard capitilization. These get get changed by the script, but it would be preferred for them to remain as capitol letters.

Also, when using dForce in the product name, this always gets changed to Dforce.

e.g., Product Name   = OneSix dForce Body Sweater for Genesis 8 Female
            Archive Name    = OnesixDforceBodySweaterForGenesis8Female.zip
            Name Preferred = OneSixdForceBodySweaterforGenesis8Female.zip

Is there any way to disable this case change in the script? Can I edit any of the script files to get the behaviour I'd like?

Thank you.

Post edited by EltonB on
  • EltonBEltonB Posts: 4
    edited July 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

eltonb said:

Looking for some help for Genesis 8 and 8.1 figures.

Some of the figures I'm trying to install have been created for both Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1. There are separate .duf files for each (G8 & G8.1) figure. However, the Genesis 8.1 figure file is under the Genesis 8 folder in my Content Library, so when Content Wizard analyzes the files, it sets the Compatibility Base to Genesis 8, not Genesis 8.1.

I know I can manually set the Compatibility Base, however, when I click on the button for Compatibility Base it only displays 'Female' or 'Male'.

How can I change this so I can set the correct Compatibility Base? What path do I need to use?

Thank you.

I can confirm you cannot set it.  I will have to look into it.

Any update on this? 

Post edited by EltonB on

eltonb said:

I'm having issues when I Export Zip File(s) & Self-Installer.

The script edits the Product Name I set. The script removes any spaces (This is fine, it's the way it should be), but it also changes the remaining words to Title Case (Capitol letter for each word), and it's here I have the issue.

I will often include an all uppercase prefix or vendor name, or the product itself uses all uppercase or non-standard capitilization. These get get changed by the script, but it would be preferred for them to remain as capitol letters.

Also, when using dForce in the product name, this always gets changed to Dforce.

e.g., Product Name   = OneSix dForce Body Sweater for Genesis 8 Female
            Archive Name    = OnesixDforceBodySweaterForGenesis8Female.zip
            Name Preferred = OneSixdForceBodySweaterforGenesis8Female.zip

Is there any way to disable this case change in the script? Can I edit any of the script files to get the behaviour I'd like?

Thank you.

There is nothing in the code you can change.  However, these are suggested names; you can change the names to whatever you like (including the case).

eltonb said:

RiverSoftArt said:

eltonb said:

Looking for some help for Genesis 8 and 8.1 figures.

Some of the figures I'm trying to install have been created for both Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1. There are separate .duf files for each (G8 & G8.1) figure. However, the Genesis 8.1 figure file is under the Genesis 8 folder in my Content Library, so when Content Wizard analyzes the files, it sets the Compatibility Base to Genesis 8, not Genesis 8.1.

I know I can manually set the Compatibility Base, however, when I click on the button for Compatibility Base it only displays 'Female' or 'Male'.

How can I change this so I can set the correct Compatibility Base? What path do I need to use?

Thank you.

I can confirm you cannot set it.  I will have to look into it.

Any update on this? 

No update.  I am trying to get the Bone Minion products out and it is sucking up all of my time.

• degarrdegarr Posts: 0

Hi

I have had some challenges so starting again from a fresh install both CW and BCW throw the same error.

2022-07-23 10:17:48.838 [INFO] :: Loading script: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/batch content wizard.dse2022-07-23 10:17:48.910 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa2022-07-23 10:17:48.937 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa

2022-07-23 10:17:48.952 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rsbuildpanels.dsa2022-07-23 10:17:48.966 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/seedrandom.dsa

2022-07-23 10:17:48.975 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 131

2022-07-23 10:17:48.975 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sIncludeFileExt

2022-07-23 10:17:48.975 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@//SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/batch content wizard.dse:131

Tried to un/reinstall via DIM but no joy. Any hints please?

• arstropicaarstropica Posts: 49

Not sure if this has already been addressed in a previous post, but is there a way to completely remove products installed through CW? 

I've tried copying the zip file to the DIM directory and install/uninstall from there, but the files and metadata are unaffected.

Thanks.

degarr said:

Hi

I have had some challenges so starting again from a fresh install both CW and BCW throw the same error.

2022-07-23 10:17:48.838 [INFO] :: Loading script: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/batch content wizard.dse2022-07-23 10:17:48.910 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa2022-07-23 10:17:48.937 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa

2022-07-23 10:17:48.952 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rsbuildpanels.dsa2022-07-23 10:17:48.966 [DEBUG] :: Found: //SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/seedrandom.dsa

2022-07-23 10:17:48.975 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 131

2022-07-23 10:17:48.975 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sIncludeFileExt

2022-07-23 10:17:48.975 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@//SKYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/batch content wizard.dse:131

Tried to un/reinstall via DIM but no joy. Any hints please?

This log file shows it is still installed via Daz Connect.  After uninstalling, you need to actually delete the files in KYLER/Engine_Vaults/AlmostDaz/data/cloud/1_67507

arstropica said:

Not sure if this has already been addressed in a previous post, but is there a way to completely remove products installed through CW? 

I've tried copying the zip file to the DIM directory and install/uninstall from there, but the files and metadata are unaffected.

Thanks

No, there is not.  You need to uninstall the product (using DS Smart Content) and then delete files (which can be tricky and very manual unfortunately)

• arstropicaarstropica Posts: 49

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Thanks

No, there is not.  You need to uninstall the product (using DS Smart Content) and then delete files (which can be tricky and very manual unfortunately)

I can see the product in the smart content tab, but there is no uninstall option.  I've even tried installing and then uninstalling the generated zip through DIM, but the product metadata still remains.  I feel there must be a solution to this as it is just a scripting issue with the smart metadata.  BTW Content Wizard is such an awesome product, I don't know what I'd do without it.

arstropica said:

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Thanks

I can see the product in the smart content tab, but there is no uninstall option.  I've even tried installing and then uninstalling the generated zip through DIM, but the product metadata still remains.  I feel there must be a solution to this as it is just a scripting issue with the smart metadata.  BTW Content Wizard is such an awesome product, I don't know what I'd do without it.

Sorry, I slightly miswrote.  I start in Smart Content so I can find the product to then delete.  From the manual:

Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to delete a product from Daz Studio’s Smart Content using the scripting interface. If you find you want to delete a product from Smart Content, you need to do it manually. To delete a product: 1. Find the product in Smart Content. 2. Right-Click on the Product and Select “Show Product in Content Library”. After a few moments, Daz Studio will show the product in the Products list of the Content Library. 3. Right-Click on the title of the product and Select “Delete…”. Click Ok when the confirmation dialog appears. The Smart Content for the product has been deleted. Note that this procedure does not delete the content files from Daz Studio.

(I am so glad you like CW.  I am very proud of it smiley)

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Thanks

If you have to stick to a one-machine workflow, that is indeed a limitation of mainly DIM, not CW.

DIM tries to be smart, and does not allow to delete files it has not installed. If you install a CW ZIP file with DIM, it checks if a file already exist. If it does, it will not install the file (as it have to overwrite the original). Thus, it will "know" that it has not installed the file - so it won't uninstall it, no matter what.

There is a work-around, but it requires a workflow involving a second machine. I am using a virtual machine on my primary system. I create all CW sets using that "second" installation. Then, I am moving the ZIP file CW creates to the primary system's DIM install directory and let DIM continue. This time, as DIM installes it "fresh" without overwriting existing files, it can also fully uninstall the product should need be.

As said, this requires a sort of "second" machine with a minimum installation of DS plus its default products plus CW.

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762
    edited August 2022

@Mark_e593e0a5 This is the same process I use for Content Wizard and it really seems to be the ideal way to use CW, with the only caveat being that you need 2 computers.

On my Windows PC I have Daz Studio loaded with lots of characters, outfits, props, etc. and everything is installed via DIM... This is the PC where I typically render.
    On my Mac, I have the base Daz Studio loaded (along with the base characters), and therefore DS loads quickly since it is the bare minimum install files. On this Mac is where I initially install 3rd-Party content (to generate Zip product files with Smart Content).

In Content Wizard after you install the product and Smart Content, click "Export Zip Files and Self-Installer" and click "Save". These product Zip files are for use with DIM on my Windows PC (simply place them in the DIM Downloads Folder) to automatically install your 3rd-Party Products with Smart Content. 

I also "Save Configuration File" in CW, in case I ever need to come back to a product to make changes (such as the original product creator made an update to the Daz product).

Now if desired, I can delete any 3rd-Party content off my Mac, and on my Windows PC all 3rd-Party content is installed and uninstalled via Daz Install Manager (DIM).

Post edited by robertswww on

Thank you @Mark_e593e0a5 and @robertswww for sharing your workflow.  That can really help some people.

• I've used content wizard on hundreds of products from rendo on my desktop pc and have encountered very few problems in both installation and creating smart content.

I'm now trying to replicate the process on my laptop but CW fails when trying to create the smart content.

(Not sure if this is relevant but my desktop is windows 10 and my laptop is windows 11).

After a successful install and analyze i get a error message when installing smart content (see log below).

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Installing Product to Daz Studio...

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Version Number 1.2.1

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Verifying "Nightbird for G8 and G8.1 Females" product does not exist already

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Creating "Nightbird for G8 and G8.1 Females" product (Store="Renderosity", ID="151634") in Daz Studio...

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Building product metadata...

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Unable to open file for writing: C:/Content Wizard_Renderosity/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_151634_Nightbird_for_G8_and_G8_1_Females.dsx

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: C:/Content Wizard_Renderosity/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_151634_Nightbird_for_G8_and_G8_1_Females.dsx

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): There were errors during installation.

• SolitarySandpiper said:

I've used content wizard on hundreds of products from rendo on my desktop pc and have encountered very few problems in both installation and creating smart content.

I'm now trying to replicate the process on my laptop but CW fails when trying to create the smart content.

(Not sure if this is relevant but my desktop is windows 10 and my laptop is windows 11).

After a successful install and analyze i get a error message when installing smart content (see log below).

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Installing Product to Daz Studio...

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Version Number 1.2.1

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Verifying "Nightbird for G8 and G8.1 Females" product does not exist already

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Creating "Nightbird for G8 and G8.1 Females" product (Store="Renderosity", ID="151634") in Daz Studio...

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Building product metadata...

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Unable to open file for writing: C:/Content Wizard_Renderosity/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_151634_Nightbird_for_G8_and_G8_1_Females.dsx

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: C:/Content Wizard_Renderosity/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_151634_Nightbird_for_G8_and_G8_1_Females.dsx

07:49:36 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time): There were errors during installation.

It sounds as if the Runtime\Support folder doesn't exist when creating.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Whats happened is that when i installed daz studio on my new laptop it put my content library into 2 different places the usual place and a second place (the second place is where DIM has been placing everything) but content wizard has been looking in the usual place... it's all very odd and of course i blame windows 11 and its insistence that everything must always be placed into and OneDrive (which i never asked it to and totally disagree with). Anyway i've sorted it out (hopefully)... i just wish Microsoft, Google and myself could agree on who has control over my my stuff (although they would probably argue that it's all their stuff and that i should read the small print!)

SolitarySandpiper said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Whats happened is that when i installed daz studio on my new laptop it put my content library into 2 different places the usual place and a second place (the second place is where DIM has been placing everything) but content wizard has been looking in the usual place... it's all very odd and of course i blame windows 11 and its insistence that everything must always be placed into and OneDrive (which i never asked it to and totally disagree with). Anyway i've sorted it out (hopefully)... i just wish Microsoft, Google and myself could agree on who has control over my my stuff (although they would probably argue that it's all their stuff and that i should read the small print!)

I am glad you got it sorted!  

(@DoctorJellybean I was thinking the same thing.  Thank you for your help)

• RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Thanks

Sorry, I slightly miswrote.  I start in Smart Content so I can find the product to then delete.  From the manual:

Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to delete a product from Daz Studio’s Smart Content using the scripting interface. If you find you want to delete a product from Smart Content, you need to do it manually. To delete a product: 1. Find the product in Smart Content. 2. Right-Click on the Product and Select “Show Product in Content Library”. After a few moments, Daz Studio will show the product in the Products list of the Content Library. 3. Right-Click on the title of the product and Select “Delete…”. Click Ok when the confirmation dialog appears. The Smart Content for the product has been deleted. Note that this procedure does not delete the content files from Daz Studio.

(I am so glad you like CW.  I am very proud of it smiley)

Thanks RiverSoft. 

I think that did it.  I should be able track down and delete the actual files using the DIM installer.  The main thing for me was to eliminate the bloat caused by thousands of metadata entries relating to a handful of products.

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Thanks

If you have to stick to a one-machine workflow, that is indeed a limitation of mainly DIM, not CW.

DIM tries to be smart, and does not allow to delete files it has not installed. If you install a CW ZIP file with DIM, it checks if a file already exist. If it does, it will not install the file (as it have to overwrite the original). Thus, it will "know" that it has not installed the file - so it won't uninstall it, no matter what.

There is a work-around, but it requires a workflow involving a second machine. I am using a virtual machine on my primary system. I create all CW sets using that "second" installation. Then, I am moving the ZIP file CW creates to the primary system's DIM install directory and let DIM continue. This time, as DIM installes it "fresh" without overwriting existing files, it can also fully uninstall the product should need be.

As said, this requires a sort of "second" machine with a minimum installation of DS plus its default products plus CW.

Due to the falling-out between Apple and NVidia, I've maintained a second install on a Windows machine which powers my main GPU.  So I design on my iMac and render on my Windows machine. I guess I've been using the system you described to install CW products on my second machine, but a VM may be an even better way to go.

Can DIM install product metadata from a zip file without RiverSoft's .dsa script? I've never looked under the hood of Daz's smart content system.  

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

arstropica said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Thanks

Due to the falling-out between Apple and NVidia, I've maintained a second install on a Windows machine which powers my main GPU.  So I design on my iMac and render on my Windows machine. I guess I've been using the system you described to install CW products on my second machine, but a VM may be an even better way to go.

Can DIM install product metadata from a zip file without RiverSoft's .dsa script? I've never looked under the hood of Daz's smart content system.  

Yes, it can. You can just throw the created CW ZIP file into DIM's installer file directory (e.g where your downloaded DAZ store content goes) and install it from there. 

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

arstropica said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Thanks

Yes, it can. You can just throw the created CW ZIP file into DIM's installer file directory (e.g where your downloaded DAZ store content goes) and install it from there. 

Yup.  You need to use the suggested filename for the zip or follow the guidelines for zip filenames for DIM.

• Thanks Mark and Riversoft. Both of you have been very helpful.