Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,986
    edited June 2022

Horo - fantastic abstract, a bit busy but very colorful

Using the Island Cluster from Island 2 again and the LowPath Hdri as a backdrop.

lakeview-lowpath.jpg
    925 x 462 - 357K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,108

mermaid - thank you, yes, it is busy but with a lower mrd setting (now 16) it looks boring and empty.
    Your render looks great, good idea, too. Just two hours ago I crossed (the lake laugh) when moving my old bones a bit.

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited June 2022

adbc: Thanks!

NGartplay:
    > Hubert, 2001: A Space Odyssey comes to mind.  Where are the primates?  Very cool land texture.
    In my own case: PEBCAK! --- i.e. "primate exists between chair and keyboard". :)
    Kidding aside: I just verified.... those guys are still on Mars, where I put them in November 1999 (with a little help of Bryce4). They obviously objected to any progress!

Here are the corresponding images (re-rendered now for bigger/modern image size). The inclined viewer might notice that I had included the obligatory bone! (Disclaimer: The "ape" was a free mesh from 3D-Cafe then. I had modeled the Bryce4 controls in Bryce.)

2001 on Mars

Horo: A beautiful and sorta floral result. Cool idea!

mermaid: A nice scene. Is (dynamite) fishing and bathing allowed there??  ;)

Post edited by hubert on

hubert - thank you. Two funny ape images.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,095
    edited June 2022

Horo : very colourful abstract, good idea.

mermaid : peaceful very detailed image.

hubert : love the apes !

A few trees, a terrain, genesis and a bird. 

Nature scene.jpg
    1000 x 450 - 99K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - thank you. Beautiful scene, looks like early morning.

Horo: Thanks. Am always glad to share bryced fun (in this case here veeeery old stuff).  :)

adbc: A lovely scene with magical atmosphere.

Thanks Horo, Hubert and Adbc for the nice comments

Hubert - cool apes

Adbc - beautiful render,love the little birdie

Horo, hubert, mermaid : thank you.

edited June 2022

The terrain is from Grand Mountains with an adjusted material from High Resolution Terrains 2. The castle was made with Incendia and given a self made material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI.

Castle above Dale

CastleAboveDale.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 258K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 2022

Horo – wow superb landscape, perfect lighting and materials.

Doodling with spheres and tori again, another abstract. The materials for the tori are Hubert’s.

torii-madness.jpg
    950 x 712 - 573K

mermaid - thank you. Cool abstract.

Thanks Horo

Horo: Great rock texture with that layered structure. I like also the ground's crisp material and coloring.

mermaid: A cool abstract sculpture. The sparse clashy/hubistic coloring fits well. :)

edited June 2022

Horo : perfect landscape, realistic materials and sky.

mermaid : cool abstract, love the colours.

Just 3 tori, used a self-made posterization filter.

abstract24.jpg
    626 x 563 - 106K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc: An otherwordly result. Fantastic mat work and cool background!

edited June 2022

Thanks Hubert and Adbc

Adbc - wow, the abstract is awesome, love the material.

hubert - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Great render, could be an abstract or some sort of a space scene.

hubert, mermaid, Horo : thank you.

edited July 2022

The flowers were made with booleaned spheres and cylinders and given self made materials. They stand with the camera within a six-sided column (Additional Primitives) with transparency and reflection. Light and colour by an HDRI and the sun. When I had finished the 6 and 8 petal flowers, I had no idea of a scene where I could use them.

Flowery Room

FloweryRoom.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 358K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,807

Horo, such an intricate, abstract design.  Loving the colors.  Your boolean flowers are precious, and again, I like the colors you chose.  Your landscapes are always amazing.  Nicely done.

Mermaid, a very Asian look to your landscape.  I like the walkway or breakwall that you put in the image.  I can imagine myself walking along viewing this.  I'm a fan of Bryce abstracts.  Wonderfully done shiny objects.  My faves.

Hubert, what a hoot!  Hal got a monkey...hehehe.

adbc, the miasma on the ground of your landscape is fantastic.  I really love the abstract.  Reminds me of our just for fun abstracts we all did.

Horo : great idea, fantastic fragile flowers.

NGartplay : thank you.

• Retro3DCGRetro3DCG Posts: 12

mermaid010, huber - that 75 days was really stretching my patience... see the thing is, when I started the render, estimated time was 7 days - not bad , not great, as was said in that Chernobyl documentary.  However, once more and more pyramids entered scene, and started overlapping, the render times just kept going up.  At that point i was just too invested and wanted to see it through, lol!  

I'm fascinated by Bryce's reflections/glass type effects, and this latest one only took 7 days to render!  (The animated one, that is.  Each frame only took about 6 minutes this time)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftr7ApvaGRM

cub02_hd_0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Retro3DCGRetro3DCG Posts: 12
    edited July 2022

[accidental double post]

Post edited by Retro3DCG on

Thank you NGartplay and adbc.

Retro3DCG - nicely done animation.

Horo: A great surreal flower field. Simple yet effective modeling and beautiful mats. Nicely put into scene.

Retro3DCG:

- Glad to read that you had the patience to let this 75-days render finish then.

- Your animation "Inside A Warped Infinity Cube" is wonderful. I like the smooth movement and the slightly distorted reflections. Makes it sorta dreamlike experience.

> I'm fascinated by Bryce's reflections/glass type effects
    Hehehehe, so true!! --- I too am addicted to shiny stuff with often totally unexpected and very "surbrycing" results. Especially considering a dedicated "Landscape" piece of software. ;)

@ All: These recent images triggered an idea.... now excuse me, gotta launch Bryce to set up an according scene.

Horo - Wow I love it, beautiful work, absolutely awesome.

NGartplay - thanks

Retro3DCG  - I admire and salute you for your patience. 1 day render is all my Laptop and I can handle.wink. Awesome animation.

Hubert - looking forward to your idea.

Thank you hubert and mermaid.

• Horo, lovely flowers.

Retro3DCG : mesmerizing animation.

hubert : I also look forward to see the result of your idea.

This discussion has been closed.