[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,149

Recently updated my Mac. Unfortunately I do run into problems now using Content Wizard:

- I start CW as usual, choose "New Product", pick the ZIP and an Image.
    - Installing the ZIP and Smart Content works fine.
    - Creating the ZIP with the Smart Content works fine as well.
    - But once I click on "Save" to close CW I get a "beachball of death" on Mac and can no longer use studio.
    - Need to force quit studio and restart it to work again.

Have macOS 12.4 and Studio 4.20.0.17. Any idea?

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Recently updated my Mac. Unfortunately I do run into problems now using Content Wizard:
    - But once I click on "Save" to close CW I get a "beachball of death" on Mac and can no longer use studio.

@Rod Wise Driggo I'm not using the same version of DS on my Mac, but try these 2 tests to see if your Mac still hangs...
    Instead of clicking the "Save" button, try:
    1. Click the "Cancel" button which should also exit CW
    2. If cancel hangs, then instead try clicking the "ESC" as the Escape key also exits CW on my Mac.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,358

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Sounds like an infinite loop.  Can you post the log?  Bring up the log in a text editor like Notepad++ BEFORE starting CW (or before clicking Save).  Click Save.  Go back to the Text Editor; it should say external application updated it, reload?  Do so.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I can confirm that this is an issue. While it does work with 4.15 and 4.16, 4.20 behaves differently. I will doing some checks, as I have quite a lot of Rendo content waiting for some CW magic laugh

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I can confirm that this is an issue. While it does work with 4.15 and 4.16, 4.20 behaves differently. I will doing some checks, as I have quite a lot of Rendo content waiting for some CW magic laugh

Mine beachballs but after 30sec - 1min everything goes back to normal 

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439
    edited June 2022

Apologies if this is a repeat question. I've tried searching and the specific question hasn't come up.

The Smart Content tab in CW doesn't display user created sub-categories. I can add user sub-cats in Table View without problem, but then when I switch to the Smart Content tab for a quick overview of what content is going to land in which category, I can't see my user categories.
    Is this normal or have I missed an option somewhere?

Post edited by ecks201 on
  • EltonBEltonB Posts: 4

Looking for some help for Genesis 8 and 8.1 figures.

Some of the figures I'm trying to install have been created for both Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1. There are separate .duf files for each (G8 & G8.1) figure. However, the Genesis 8.1 figure file is under the Genesis 8 folder in my Content Library, so when Content Wizard analyzes the files, it sets the Compatibility Base to Genesis 8, not Genesis 8.1.

I know I can manually set the Compatibility Base, however, when I click on the button for Compatibility Base it only displays 'Female' or 'Male'.

How can I change this so I can set the correct Compatibility Base? What path do I need to use?

Thank you.

Daz-CW-01.jpg
    1378 x 211 - 40K
  • sakrilassakrilas Posts: 10
    edited June 2022

Sorry for asking this again, but it's really being a big issue for me. Am I really the only one still having this problem?

I'm using the latest version (v1.2.1), but Content Wizard is constantly creating duplicated smart content references for me (one as LOCAL_USER and another as  the actual Product).

How can I stop it from making the LOCAL_USER version? Or at least how can I easily remove the LOCAL_USER entries afterwards, because manually going over the thousands of alphabetically sorted LOCAL_USER files to remove reference is a lot of work.

Any sort of assistance is appreciated.

Post edited by sakrilas on

Platnumk said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Mine beachballs but after 30sec - 1min everything goes back to normal 

On Windows with 4.20.0.17, I do not see this issue.

ecks201 said:

Apologies if this is a repeat question. I've tried searching and the specific question hasn't come up.

The Smart Content tab in CW doesn't display user created sub-categories. I can add user sub-cats in Table View without problem, but then when I switch to the Smart Content tab for a quick overview of what content is going to land in which category, I can't see my user categories.
    Is this normal or have I missed an option somewhere?

I don't see how you are adding "user sub-cats in Table."  CW does not allow that. 

eltonb said:

Some of the figures I'm trying to install have been created for both Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1. There are separate .duf files for each (G8 & G8.1) figure. However, the Genesis 8.1 figure file is under the Genesis 8 folder in my Content Library, so when Content Wizard analyzes the files, it sets the Compatibility Base to Genesis 8, not Genesis 8.1.

I know I can manually set the Compatibility Base, however, when I click on the button for Compatibility Base it only displays 'Female' or 'Male'.

How can I change this so I can set the correct Compatibility Base? What path do I need to use?

Thank you.

I can confirm you cannot set it.  I will have to look into it.

sakrilas said:

Sorry for asking this again, but it's really being a big issue for me. Am I really the only one still having this problem?

I'm using the latest version (v1.2.1), but Content Wizard is constantly creating duplicated smart content references for me (one as LOCAL_USER and another as  the actual Product).

How can I stop it from making the LOCAL_USER version? Or at least how can I easily remove the LOCAL_USER entries afterwards, because manually going over the thousands of alphabetically sorted LOCAL_USER files to remove reference is a lot of work.

I can confirm I am seeing this in DS v4.20.0.17.  I think this is because Daz changed the behavior for SC in a recent release.  No idea how to fix this though

• sakrilassakrilas Posts: 10
    edited June 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

sakrilas said:

I can confirm I am seeing this in DS v4.20.0.17.  I think this is because Daz changed the behavior for SC in a recent release.  No idea how to fix this though

Hi there RiverSoftArt, thanks for getting back right away, I appreciated it.

It's a bummer that we can't solve this.

With that said though, even with this issue, I want to say that "Content Wizard" and "Smart Collections" are amazing products that are worth every cent invested, thanks!

Post edited by sakrilas on

sakrilas said:

RiverSoftArt said:

sakrilas said:

Hi there RiverSoftArt, thanks for getting back right away, I appreciated it.

It's a bummer that we can't solve this.

With that said though, even with this issue, I want to say that "Content Wizard" and "Smart Collections" are amazing products that are worth every cent invested, thanks!

You're welcome!  I am glad you like them both! smiley

• EltonBEltonB Posts: 4

RiverSoftArt said:

eltonb said:

Thank you.

I can confirm you cannot set it.  I will have to look into it.

Okay. Thank you.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Is it possible to run two instances of Content Wizard in two different instances of Daz Studio?  Some things, like texture sets are quick to install, while others, especially character presets, can take a long time.  I was wondering if I could save time by running more than one instance.  My concern is that I'd just end up with two really slow instances, or that something could get screwed up in some other way.

Sevrin said:

Is it possible to run two instances of Content Wizard in two different instances of Daz Studio?  Some things, like texture sets are quick to install, while others, especially character presets, can take a long time.  I was wondering if I could save time by running more than one instance.  My concern is that I'd just end up with two really slow instances, or that something could get screwed up in some other way.

I don't know as I have never tried.  From CW's perspective, you should be able to.  However, I don't know how well DS will like hitting the Daz database at the same time.

• RaketeRakete Posts: 89
    edited July 2022

I have another product that can't be inserted into the DB by Content Wizard (I previously posted that "blue backed manakin" bird one). It is this: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/saraluca-for-genesis-8-female/152747/

And it seems like CW has a problem with unicode(?) characters, like in this products case the rendo page claims the figures name is SaraLuca/SaraLucia, but in reality its SaraLucía.duf, note the í in her name. And almost all files in that product contain that character.

I ended up adding the figure manually, but when I tried to use CW all I would get is a completely empty product (one broken asset was in it). It did however detect all assets (as far as I can tell) correctly when I analyzed the zip, but adding those to Smart Content then failed.

Post edited by Rakete on

She's probably on Renderosity as SaraLuca because their store software couldn't deal with the í either.  One thing you could do is try and contact the vendor and let them know there's an issue.  I have installed two of their other characters that didn't have any problem.

Sevrin said:

She's probably on Renderosity as SaraLuca because their store software couldn't deal with the í either.  One thing you could do is try and contact the vendor and let them know there's an issue.  I have installed two of their other characters that didn't have any problem.

I kind of thought about telling that vendor that using the í was a bad idea, but then I do think it's a software problem. So it should be fixed in the software, then this would also help when some other product uses unicode characters.

Also, if that vendor now renames all files, everyone who already installed the product and then installs the update will have a duplicate in their library, so probably not something the vendor would like to do, or rendo.

Does the character show up correctly in Daz Studio?

Rakete said:

I have another product that can't be inserted into the DB by Content Wizard (I previously posted that "blue backed manakin" bird one). It is this: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/saraluca-for-genesis-8-female/152747/

And it seems like CW has a problem with unicode(?) characters, like in this products case the rendo page claims the figures name is SaraLuca/SaraLucia, but in reality its SaraLucía.duf, note the í in her name. And almost all files in that product contain that character.

I ended up adding the figure manually, but when I tried to use CW all I would get is a completely empty product (one broken asset was in it). It did however detect all assets (as far as I can tell) correctly when I analyzed the zip, but adding those to Smart Content then failed.

If I had to guess, it is writing it to the XML file that is a problem.  From a cursory google, it looks like special characters need to be encoded in a special way, which will not be supported at this time.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgit said:

No software should be without UTF support in 2022.

This is being worked on, I blieve - the work is why files with doubled /s in paths are now failing to find their files.

edited July 2022

Sevrin said:

Does the character show up correctly in Daz Studio?

Yes, it does.

SaraLucia.PNG
    179 x 197 - 23K
    Post edited by Rakete on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,149

Have a little issue:
    Would like to create some GoTo Poses in a completely different folder under /People/ - but Cotent Wizard won't let me showing a "no customer facing files"-error. I do even get this error once I have /People/Genesis 8/Poses/Subfoldername/ as the only directory in my ZIP. The soon as I replase "Genesis 8" with "Genesis 8 Female" everything is working fine. Guess CW is a bit too strict with regards to which directories are allowed and which not.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,337

I'm not very good working with Content Wizard yet unfortunately, so this is maybe a very dumb question: Can CW install items in such a way that I can switch libraries in DAZ Studio without getting those pesky 'Missing file' icons once a library, say, on an external SSD isn't connected? I'm desperately trying to spread my content since my internal disk is overflowing, and I have so much stuff that I use occasionally, but really don't need present in my library all the time, since everything gets so awfully cluttered. DIM lets me install to different locations alright, so I can create a special library for Sci-Fi, for Fantasy stuff, etc.; but they all have to be present and connected all the time, so to speak, cause otherwise: Missing files'. Can CW work around this somehow? 
    Thanks and sorry for bothering you!

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Have a little issue:
    Would like to create some GoTo Poses in a completely different folder under /People/ - but Cotent Wizard won't let me showing a "no customer facing files"-error. I do even get this error once I have /People/Genesis 8/Poses/Subfoldername/ as the only directory in my ZIP. The soon as I replase "Genesis 8" with "Genesis 8 Female" everything is working fine. Guess CW is a bit too strict with regards to which directories are allowed and which not.

This often happens when someone uses a non standed compression when creating the zip file or when the folders are nested inside a master folder,  Unzip the file & re-zip it using standed compression.

See images for incorrect & correct folder stuctures.

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 20.06.57.png
    1690 x 1288 - 792K
    Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 20.07.28.png
    1690 x 1288 - 763K

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Have a little issue:

I would not think CW is that strict.  Can you post the log for when it scans the zip?

tsroemi said:

I'm not very good working with Content Wizard yet unfortunately, so this is maybe a very dumb question: Can CW install items in such a way that I can switch libraries in DAZ Studio without getting those pesky 'Missing file' icons once a library, say, on an external SSD isn't connected? I'm desperately trying to spread my content since my internal disk is overflowing, and I have so much stuff that I use occasionally, but really don't need present in my library all the time, since everything gets so awfully cluttered. DIM lets me install to different locations alright, so I can create a special library for Sci-Fi, for Fantasy stuff, etc.; but they all have to be present and connected all the time, so to speak, cause otherwise: Missing files'. Can CW work around this somehow? 
    Thanks and sorry for bothering you!

Sorry, unfortunately that is a Daz Studio feature.  CW cannot do anything about that.