NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0 Shader Presets

13»

Comments

• ShareCG is no longer accepting new logins. Please provide an alternate download location.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 362

joshua241415 said:

What is meant by install NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0 Shader Presets for DS?  I downloaded the zip file and unpacked it.  Then I ran the scripts from there.  It all seemed to go as planned but there are no new materials.  Any help would be appreciated. 

The shader presets should be in subdirectories from where you ran the script from. Does your Content Library not look like the image in the first post?

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2022

thanks i needed a stone-tiles floor for this floor which has visible tiling-patterns

needsbetterfloors_outWeb.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 433
    edited October 2022

I am trying to get this working at the moment.

Note about one issue:

The mega.nz download has the two scripts in a subfolder not in the root.The install screenshot on the first page shows:

But the files in the zip are in:

I copied them manually into the root and it is working.

@Omniflux
    @Catherine3678ab
    @Bejaymac

Thanks for creating the presets.

(theese forum stalls are annoying, took me three attempts to post this)

MDL-Presets.png
    599 x 385 - 74K
    MDL-Presets_2.png
    338 x 307 - 14K
    Post edited by cgidesign on
  • vmaterials 2.10 has released, is there anything in it worth making new shader presets?

2.1 has minor changes

• a few new variants on existing materials
    • a couple new materials
    • renamed some materials
    • moved some MDL file locations

That last one is a problem as it means not all the existing 2.0 presets will work if you only install vMaterials 2.1, so I will generate new presets.

At least one of the MDL files in vMaterials 2.1 crashes DS 4.21.0.5 (the current release version) upon rendering. I downloaded the 4.21.1.26 beta and verified the issue appears to be resolved with it, but I am going to hold off on releasing Presets for vMaterials 2.1 until a version of DS it does not crash is generally available so that people who ignore warnings don't lose work when they inevitably try to use them anyway.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

Thanks for the update and will watch for that, pretty sure the version I have is noticeably older since my computer was in the shop for over 6 months.lol

• SnowSnow Posts: 95
    edited March 2023

deleted

Post edited by Snow on
    edited March 2023

deleted

Post edited by Snow on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Just to let people know in regards to ShareCG, it appears that (at least from here) they have fixed the issue to allow new members to join.

edited March 2023

deleted

Post edited by Snow on
    edited February 2023

Question:

I noticed the OP states "A few shaders are updated versions of jthose in vMaterials 1.7, but most are different. You probably want both."

I think I've successfully installed vMaterials 2.0, but I'm not finding some of the materials in the thumbnails, particularly the copper patina and a few others like colored glass/precious minerals... are they only included in the vMaterials 1.7 and not 2.0?... or should they be in there?

And therefore to have the full library, one needs to install both...?

The wording seems to imply the differences between 1.7 and 2.0 are minor color differences, but it seems like perhaps there are actually whole materials types not present in my installation.

Post edited by McGyver on

The previews shown on the first page of this thread are all from 2.0, you should not need to install 1.7 for them.

edited February 2023

Thanks for the quick reply and info... I'll look around and see if those materials manifested somewhere else.

Edited To Add... After opening DS a second time the materials seem to all be there, some of the materials I was actually imagining because I confused NIVDIA's materials with something else... either I missed the patinas or they loaded properly after I shut DS down. 

Thanks again!

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how to get vMaterials into Substance Painter?

The vMaterials page lists Substance Designer as a supported app but I wondered if they can be used in SP as well?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295
    edited April 2023

This might sound like a dumb question or 2 or etc., since I just read the entire thread. The very first option for installing was either next or finish. So my question is if this is where I click finish or is there any extra thing that needs to be installed. I have no idea where to install the shader presets after, since my main Daz is on C drive, however, I have external Libraries on D drive, including one called scripts and shaders. In order for the presets to work, where do I maually install them.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87

Firstly you want to click next not finish on the installer. 

Secondly I tend to stick scripts and shader in my primary runtime, but if your other stuff works from there, these should work too. Id stck everything in the shaders library though, so you dont have to go looking in scripts for your shaders.