Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

1272829303133»

Comments

• ibr_remote aka infinity10 said:

Yikes why is my upgraded DS Pro looking like this...

Installed something missing... all is well now. DIM does a good job.

• Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 104

ibr_remote aka infinity10 said:

ibr_remote aka infinity10 said:

Yikes why is my upgraded DS Pro looking like this...

Installed something missing... all is well now. DIM does a good job.

Often problem write in FAQ daz xD

You installed new and old run.... When you quitt DAZ a problem is not closed, closed manually with Windows panel. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

OK this is new and exceedingly annoying.

the animation range reverting to 217 on reopening scenes is always annoying and stopped for a few builds

now it is back with sprinkles on top, it does it on the fly everytime I do something like pan a camera angry

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the animation range reverting to 217 on reopening scenes is always annoying and stopped for a few builds

now it is back with sprinkles on top, it does it on the fly everytime I do something like pan a camera angry

OMG guys use DAZ for animation is soo ridiculous cheeky 

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    edited May 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

It happens when you have more on less 217 frames in the animation? I tried the latest release yesterday and I didn't get that problem.

I remember I had a similar issue some time ago but, as far I can remeber, it stopped with no apparent reason. I suspect I had some plugin/script that caused that. indecision

P.S.

But the camera wasn't involved, just on scene reload.

Post edited by Imago on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Try to create the simplest possible scene, with all third-party plug-ins disabled, that shows the issue and attach it to a bug report, or attach the base scene and give instructions on what happens next so that support can reproduce it.

• eheugaldeeheugalde Posts: 3

Before the update, I was rendering a scene with 3 G8 chars and simple geometry no problem, now when I do either an IRay preview or full render (at only 720 resolution), the computer crashes to a black screen of death (PC still runing but no video on either monitor).

I tried :

• Updating NVidia Studio drivers
    • Running my scene trough Scene Optimizer reducing textures to 2k and 4k from larger 5k and 8k in most assets.
    • Still no luck, and I'm at my wits end with this.

My rig:

• AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor    3.80 GHz
    • RAM 128 GB
    • Video: RTX 3090 latest studio driver

eheugalde said:

Before the update, I was rendering a scene with 3 G8 chars and simple geometry no problem, now when I do either an IRay preview or full render (at only 720 resolution), the computer crashes to a black screen of death (PC still runing but no video on either monitor).

I tried :

• Running my scene trough Scene Optimizer reducing textures to 2k and 4k from larger 5k and 8k in most assets.

My rig:

• RAM 128 GB

Given the apparent severity of the reaction the first suspicion has to be hardware issues, or at least deep-seated, system-level software. Do you know how to check Event Viewer after a restart to see if it says what happened?

• eheugaldeeheugalde Posts: 3

Richard Haseltine said:

eheugalde said:

I tried :

My rig:

• RAM 128 GB

Given the apparent severity of the reaction the first suspicion has to be hardware issues, or at least deep-seated, system-level software. Do you know how to check Event Viewer after a restart to see if it says what happened?

I checked Event Viewer and get this : 

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: DAZStudio.exe, versión: 4.20.0.17, marca de tiempo: 0x6260fe76
    Nombre del módulo con errores: nvoglv64.dll, versión: 30.0.15.1259, marca de tiempo: 0x62607218
    Código de excepción: 0xc0000409
    Desplazamiento de errores: 0x000000000126f825
    Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x1148
    Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d860171cb90256
    Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe
    Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_207a6cc3059bae3d\nvoglv64.dll
    Identificador del informe: 01641962-34eb-44bf-9235-ac3cb758268b
    Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 
    Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores:  

Below theres another error with this:

No se encuentra la descripción del id. de evento 1 en el origen NVIDIA OpenGL Driver. El componente que provoca este evento no está instalado en el equipo local, o bien la instalación está dañada. Puede instalar o reparar el componente en el equipo local.

Si el evento se originó en otro equipo, la información que se va a mostrar tenía que haberse guardado con el evento.

Se incluyó la siguiente información con el evento:
    Unable to communicate with the display driver.  The application must close.

Error code: 2
     (pid=4424 tid=7432 dazstudio.exe 64bit)

Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

El recurso de mensaje está presente, pero el mensaje no se encuentra en la tabla de mensajes

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, as it was working correctly before the update. Now even rendering a simple environment in iray preview crashes the PC... 

Richard Haseltine said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Try to create the simplest possible scene, with all third-party plug-ins disabled, that shows the issue and attach it to a bug report, or attach the base scene and give instructions on what happens next so that support can reproduce it.

seems fixed now next update so no worries 

Anarkia333 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

OMG guys use DAZ for animation is soo ridiculous cheeky 

yeah, just spent 17 hours rendering the New Sponza Atrium from Intel with iray 1800 frames 

https://www.facebook.com/wendy5/videos/3939049862886761

back to Filament and sanity now wink

BTW DAZ does not import the FBX nicely so unless you have something that does Like Carrara with textures and glow on bulbs! to export an obj, don't bother

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/topic-technology/graphics-processing-research/samples.html

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yeah, just spent 17 hours rendering the New Sponza Atrium from Intel with iray 1800 frames

IRay it's just too heavy... Can I suggest you OctaneRender? It has a free tier for DAZ Studio, DAZ Studio itself has a lot of tools to easily convert materials and give results similar to IRay in shorter times.

edited May 2022

Imago said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

IRay it's just too heavy... Can I suggest you OctaneRender? It has a free tier for DAZ Studio, DAZ Studio itself has a lot of tools to easily convert materials and give results similar to IRay in shorter times.

but I wanted to see it with iray surprise

it works perfectly in Unreal Engine, Twinmotion and Carrara with or without the Octane plugin wink 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

eheugalde said:

Richard Haseltine said:

eheugalde said:

I tried :

My rig:

• RAM 128 GB

I checked Event Viewer and get this : 

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: DAZStudio.exe, versión: 4.20.0.17, marca de tiempo: 0x6260fe76
    Nombre del módulo con errores: nvoglv64.dll, versión: 30.0.15.1259, marca de tiempo: 0x62607218
    Código de excepción: 0xc0000409
    Desplazamiento de errores: 0x000000000126f825
    Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x1148
    Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d860171cb90256
    Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe
    Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_207a6cc3059bae3d\nvoglv64.dll
    Identificador del informe: 01641962-34eb-44bf-9235-ac3cb758268b
    Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 
    Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores:  

Below theres another error with this:

No se encuentra la descripción del id. de evento 1 en el origen NVIDIA OpenGL Driver. El componente que provoca este evento no está instalado en el equipo local, o bien la instalación está dañada. Puede instalar o reparar el componente en el equipo local.

Si el evento se originó en otro equipo, la información que se va a mostrar tenía que haberse guardado con el evento.

Se incluyó la siguiente información con el evento:
    Unable to communicate with the display driver.  The application must close.

Error code: 2
     (pid=4424 tid=7432 dazstudio.exe 64bit)

Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

El recurso de mensaje está presente, pero el mensaje no se encuentra en la tabla de mensajes

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, as it was working correctly before the update. Now even rendering a simple environment in iray preview crashes the PC... 

It clearly is driver-related, it may be worth trying another version or using DDU to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.

edited May 2022

I put 64giga of RAM in my computer and now DAZ up to 50giga with one body and one Hair force....

And render is more slow....

I thing DAZ has a big problem for gestion RAM....

Need hardware is a big problem we can't continue as that.... If I put 512 RAM sure DAZ up to 499go.... xD

On 3DS max or Blender 16go is needed for make One body, why DAZ up to 50giga???

I think DAZ must works to optimisation, STOP tu put all in MAXIMUM.... We can't now run, Hardware needed want a computer at 10 0000000$! xD

Post edited by Anarkia333 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

eheugalde said:

I tried :

My rig:

• RAM 128 GB

Always worth trying an earlier driver, as long as has the necessary spec.

edited May 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You tickled my curiosity! I'll grab this scene and try it myself. smiley

It will be a good test for the latest release.

Post edited by Imago on
  • ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132

Has anyone else had this bug in  Daz studio's latest beta that after a while the view screen goes black and that's it cannot render unless you like black :) have to shut down studio and start all over again.

Also if you render in acescg which I am a mighty fan well up to now if you try to render anything vaguely red it spits the dummy and renders everything reddish black. hey got a theme going here :)  Never had to send a bug report before as there has always been someone way ahead of me. So if it's not been reported (silly question) but I don't know    how do you go about reporting my two problems

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited May 2022

ragamuffin57 said:

Has anyone else had this bug in  Daz studio's latest beta that after a while the view screen goes black and that's it cannot render unless you like black :) have to shut down studio and start all over again.

Also if you render in acescg which I am a mighty fan well up to now if you try to render anything vaguely red it spits the dummy and renders everything reddish black. hey got a theme going here :)  Never had to send a bug report before as there has always been someone way ahead of me. So if it's not been reported (silly question) but I don't know    how do you go about reporting my two problems

We discussed the problems with Spectral Rendering in this thread, you might find some work-a-rounds:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/560266/rec-2020-turns-reds-black-any-fix/p1

Post edited by prixat on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

It clearly is driver-related, it may be worth trying another version or using DDU to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.

He has the latest driver version (512.59) which I am using with RTX 3090 and 4.16.0.3 without issues.

The error code 0xC0000409 is STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN. The crash is in DAZStudio.exe and the fact that NVIDIA OpenGL DLL is mentioned doesn't automatically imply the crash was caused by the driver, it could be due to a bug in the DAZ Studio code related to OpenGL viewport drawing.

• ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132

prixat said:

ragamuffin57 said:

We discussed the problems with Spectral Rendering in this thread, you might find some work-a-rounds:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/560266/rec-2020-turns-reds-black-any-fix/p1

Thanks prixat

• weiglhweiglh Posts: 5

About 10 minutes ago, I started loading G8F Basis Female into my scene. Using DS4.20.0.17. It still hasn't loaded yet. DS4.20.0.17 keeps telling me 'No response'. What did you change (or shall I say mess up) making the software becoming so insanely slow? Just before you start guessing around about hardware or driver issues: My system didn't change at all! Only the DS version changed! I'm still waiting for G8F! What a piece of garbage!!!!!

weiglh said:

About 10 minutes ago, I started loading G8F Basis Female into my scene. Using DS4.20.0.17. It still hasn't loaded yet. DS4.20.0.17 keeps telling me 'No response'. What did you change (or shall I say mess up) making the software becoming so insanely slow? Just before you start guessing around about hardware or driver issues: My system didn't change at all! Only the DS version changed! I'm still waiting for G8F! What a piece of garbage!!!!!

What it will actually be saying is "Not responding" which is correct, it's busy processing the figure and having it also try to process events such as clicks would make it even slower. The issue is almost certainly that, by itself or in a clash with another character, a character you just installed is triggering Duplicate Formula errors.

• MaydayMayday Posts: 0

I'm getting some wicked memory leaks from this version. I can basically do one 4K render, and then I have to shut down Daz and restart it before starting the next render. Same goes for working in Iray Preview. After I'm done working on it, I basically have to restart Daz or that render will take ages to finish. Meaning 3-ish hours and still not being halfway done when a 4K render can take me just over an hour tops. I know the memory has always kind of existed, but I was able to get two or three renders before Daz needed a reboot - not after every render. Been looking around, have yet to find a competent answer from anyone.

If it matters, I'm on a i7-10700 / Asus TUF 3080 (10 GB) / 64GB/3600Mhz/CL18.

• Mayday said:

I'm getting some wicked memory leaks from this version. I can basically do one 4K render, and then I have to shut down Daz and restart it before starting the next render. Same goes for working in Iray Preview. After I'm done working on it, I basically have to restart Daz or that render will take ages to finish. Meaning 3-ish hours and still not being halfway done when a 4K render can take me just over an hour tops. I know the memory has always kind of existed, but I was able to get two or three renders before Daz needed a reboot - not after every render. Been looking around, have yet to find a competent answer from anyone.

If it matters, I'm on a i7-10700 / Asus TUF 3080 (10 GB) / 64GB/3600Mhz/CL18.

same here I can preview a scene 3 times in iray then it just keeps loading and doesn't show the iray preview anymore until I restarted daz