SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

did I buy the same thing I already had?
    I bought the Pickup Truck
    Item Number 7134 and when I installed it I thought it looked like i had a folder already with the same item in it in my runtime.
    Do we not get a warning anymore when we are trying to buy the same thing we have already bought?
    Love esther

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    It would appear the store still cannot tell that you have already bought an item -- even if it's a freebie. I just put the Genesis Bracers in my cart (because it came up in the New Items) then wondered if I hadn't already downloaded it. Lo and behold, I had, just yesterday. But not a peep out of the store software about having already purchased this product.

This was something that it was known would not be working on launch, it isn't a bug. As a result I wouldn't expect it to change until the main bug-swatting is done.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I also want to easily select only to see poser compatible products.
    Love esther

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

Has anyone tried buying anything via DAZ since the revamp? I tried completing a check out twice and both times it kicked back to the original page after I'd already typed in my Paypal password. I don't want to keep trying just in case it's charging me.

I then tried to send in a support ticket and that still seems to be down. :\

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

Merging this post with the Official thread about this sort of issue

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I love how I call DAZ and ask them if they're having any issues regarding purchasing items and they're like, "No, call Paypal it must be on their end." And then here we have an entire thread on purchasing issues.

:sigh:

btw -- contacted paypal. Of course the issue is on DAZ's end.

edited December 1969

So my issue is fixed apparently -- but beware it's still kinda funky. After my purchase finally went through, they still sent me back to the Checkout page again with the item I'd just purchased still loaded.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Chohole,

I am very confused how the log in works.

Today I used an email link to get to the Forums. I tried to log in but got about 100 lines of error code. Never happened before. It took several tries before the system accepted my log in. From the Forums I clicked on my Account and expected to get another log in box to verify who I am. But nothing happened. I could freely move around from Forum to my Account and the Store.

This doesn't seem very secure since members are addressed by user names that are not their own. So once someone else is loged in and is suddenly called pinkdaisy, this person can actually access all my account info. With the extra Account log in missing one has to cross once fingers and hope that all members are honest. I am checking my bank account every day to check for you know what.

What is going on Chohole? This is not "State Of The Art Security" DAZ is mentioning again and again. This is an open invitation to hackers.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited December 1969

BC Rice said:
    Has anyone tried buying anything via DAZ since the revamp? I tried completing a check out twice and both times it kicked back to the original page after I'd already typed in my Paypal password. I don't want to keep trying just in case it's charging me.

I then tried to send in a support ticket and that still seems to be down. :\

I bought some items yesterday with credit card, no problems.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Thank you for being patient with us. The Support Ticket System that we use Zendesk is now functional.

This is the preferred method to contact our Sales and Customer Support teams.

Here is how you create a support ticket:
    Go to DAZ3D.com
    Select the Help Tab
    Contact Us
    Submit a Help Request

You can also browse the Knowledge Base. This contains many articles that are frequently asked.

Here is a link to the Contact Us page: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us

Please DO NOT use the email address that was provided while we were down.

edited December 1969

If you have entered your credentials (user name and password) or accessed a secure area of the site within the last twenty minutes the store should not prompt you again for a log in. That as true on the old site and is true here, as far as I know.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Thank you for being patient with us. The Support Ticket System that we use Zendesk is now functional.

Go to DAZ3D.com
    Select the Help Tab
    Contact Us
    Submit a Help Request

You can also browse the Knowledge Base. This contains many articles that are frequently asked.

Here is a link to the Contact Us page: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us

If we have already sent an email that hasn't been answered do we have to send the request again using zendesk

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

I have now updated my post to this thread with some more details and also updated the contact info now that ZenDesk is back up :)

Anyone having a serial number issue with Free Bryce, Hex, or DAZ Studio please see the very first post in this thread for the serial numbers :)

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

I am exceedingly angry.

Taking my money and refusing to supply the goods is incompetent and unforgivable.

Please inform me as to what date you folks will get your s**t together. I want to know. I have a right to know. You have my money. Enjoy. I am not.

Will I ever receive a reply to my emails about incomplete orders?

edited December 1969

If you have entered your credentials (user name and password) or accessed a secure area of the site within the last twenty minutes the store should not prompt you again for a log in. That as true on the old site and is true here, as far as I know.

How quickly things are forgotten. On the old site I was never able to access my Account, Cart, and Wishlist without a second log in for SECURITY REASONS. After that I had approx 20 minutes to move around freely.

I assume that members do log in using their personal credentials. Still some of them end up being somebody else. Once one is in another members Wishlist one can also access the account info. This was explained in detail by another member some time ago. I wouldn't call this secure. How can this happen? Please, explain in detail.

O.T.
    I have sent an email to Support to have my Credit Card info removed from the DAZ servers. With an email there is no longer a confirmation number for follow up. How do I no it will ever be read? How will I know that this issue will be dealt with in a timely manner? I no longer feel safe when I look at this incredible mess.

I just experienced the most disturbing action I have had so far.
    I clicked on the the DAZ email link and ended up in my Account - showing loged in.
    When I went to the forums I was loged out. When I tried to log in I got the message that I am not authorized to do so. When I clicked on the log out I was told I need to log in. Error message again. I actually don't know anymore how I finally managed to get in without ending up in my Account and leaving the error message behind.

Richard, this is getting from bad to worse. Clicking on a Forum email link and being put directly into my Account without any questions asked is terrifying? It seems DAZ has lost total control over the site.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    It would appear the store still cannot tell that you have already bought an item -- even if it's a freebie. I just put the Genesis Bracers in my cart (because it came up in the New Items) then wondered if I hadn't already downloaded it. Lo and behold, I had, just yesterday. But not a peep out of the store software about having already purchased this product.

This was something that it was known would not be working on launch, it isn't a bug. As a result I wouldn't expect it to change until the main bug-swatting is done.

Huh? This is the first time I see someone from DAZ mention that they knew the new site was not working properly before it was released. So they were just surprised that the problems are far bigger than they thought they would be. I feel like a guinea-pig right now.

edited December 1969

adzan said:

Go to DAZ3D.com
    Select the Help Tab
    Contact Us
    Submit a Help Request

If we have already sent an email that hasn't been answered do we have to send the request again using zendesk

I would like an answer to this question too. I have sent an email to Support about a very important subject (at least to meit is). Will emails be answered or do they just hit the delete button. Do we have to submit it again via Zendesk?

Why bother with emails when nobody was willing to deal with them? I never received a reply.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

We do keep saying that there is no security issue.

We have also told you that these issues have all been reported, and there is currently a bug report going through the bug tracker.

I am merging this thread with the official thread on website issues, so all problems are in one place.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

There is no need to re-submit your problem within Zendesk if you have already sent an email. The team is going through each email and creating a ticket for your fix.

As you can imaging we have a lot of emails and tickets to go through at the moment. We will be getting to yours very shortly.

edited December 1969

Some of you are seeing an artifact of the new site with a refresh issue we are dealing with on the store. Some are seeing someone else as a name when you are logged into your account. This is a refresh issue on the store. We are working internally for a fix so this won't show up anymore.

As mentioned in this thread from our CTO Taylor Wilson, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/86_98/ your data and credit card information is safe and secure. This information is encrypted and in a secure section of the servers. Please know that we are working on the fix so you won't see this problem any more.

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    edited December 1969

Should I contact support if I cannot see PC pricing or see the PC listed under My Subscriptions or is that a issue being worked on?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    We do keep saying that there is no security issue.

We have also told you that these issues have all been reported, and there is currently a bug report going through the bug tracker.

I am merging this thread with the official thread on website issues, so all problems are in one place.

Dear Chohole,

I have such good memories of you and your wonderful texturing. But, this is something for Richard or higher up to deal with.

I have asked very specific questions and DAZ Management has refused to answer any of them. Not a single one. Does this boost a members confidence? When no answer can be given there is usually a very serious problem. Does Richard think I am to stupid to understand? Why is he hiding and putting you on the receiving end?

I have no quarrel with you and I would like to hear these assurances from the Presiden of the Company. A sorry, we have a few problems is truely an understatement for an epic catastrophy. I have taken this matter a few floors higher. Let's see what happens. As I promised, I am not going away until my CC Info (including Pin Number) has left the DAZ Servers for good. I don't care very much about State of the Art encryptions. My CC Info was compromised a few years ago by a very large Company with State of the Art security. Thousands of Credit Cards were outomatically cancelled by the Banks and had to wait a month for my new card to be issued. Once bitten I never trust again.

• Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 389
    edited May 2012

Edited to remove the message, as I see that the problems are all still being worked on..

Post edited by Strange Voyager on
  • Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

To keep things in Perspective, If you think DAZ has problems withy their store, You should see Cornucopia ! I tried many times over 2 days to buy something on sale and I STILL don't know if I got it.
    Keep up the good work DAZ!!!
    Gus

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

argel1200 said:
    Should I contact support if I cannot see PC pricing or see the PC listed under My Subscriptions or is that a issue being worked on?

Your profile still shows you as a PC member. If you log out and clear your cache, then log in again, are you seeing PC prices?

• edited December 1969

Go to DAZ3D.com
    Select the Help Tab
    Contact Us
    Submit a Help Request

It's about frakking time! Two weeks just to get Customer Support back online? Unbelievable. It seems the priority here is to release new products. I don't understand why DAZ hasn't taken the site down to work on fixing all the major issues and just do a relaunch. I think most of your customers would understand. It would've been less painful for all of us. Are there too many big egos?

There is a limit to patience.

• MoonTalkerMoonTalker Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

apriori said:
    Hi, I have been trying to contact support for the last week.

I first noticed a problem with my account when I received a second notification of me paying a monthly PC subscription within a day a previous notification. I checked in my account and saw that I had been paying for two PC memberships since August last year. I tried contacting DAZ using the shortcut in the notification but that just came back undelivered.

At the time this forum was not working and the customer service form give a 404 error.

I telephoned DAZ (from the UK) and was told that the person I needed to talk to was busy, they took my details and said that they would contact me. They also said that if I needed to email them then the address was 'cs @ daz3d.com'.

I was not contacted by DAZ so I sent an email with all the details, order numbers, dates etc to the cs address. I also read, in this thread, that account problems should be sent to 'support'. I still heard nothing so I sent a copy of my email to 'support'.

In all this time I have received nothing from DAZ, not even an acknowledgement, except for the usual sales letters (For some odd reason I always get two of them).

What else do I need to do to get DAZ to look into this?

I have now received an acknowledgement and a ticket from DAZ (in two emails). This was all I wanted, to know that my problem was being looked at. Thank you DAZ.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited May 2012

My Account has just developed a serious problem as of today. Though my Account name and password are verified as being correct, I keep on being sent back to the login page. I can only access my Wishlist and the Forums - I CAN NOT access Zendesk to report this issue and I CAN NOT access any other parts of my account like downloads etc. Everything sends me back to the logon page.

I have no option but to report it here in the hope that the message can be passed on as I live in Australia and so phoning DAZ is not a desirable option, both financially and time zone wise.

:(

Edited to add:

And now that I have been to the forum I can now access my account details?!?

Post edited by s l f on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2012

So who checked your Knowledge Base now?

who has responsibility about Knowledge Base?

"Where can I learn to use DAZ Studio better?"
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123988-where-can-i-learn-to-use-daz-studio-better

then I go there.
    There are many links. but links not arrive yet.

did someone checked the link?

I am now amazed "DAZ make an evasive answer to get out of a difficulty."

your public documentation are like a drawing lots.

or only exploreing in maze.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

s l f said:
    My Account has just developed a serious problem as of today. Though my Account name and password are verified as being correct, I keep on being sent back to the login page. I can only access my Wishlist and the Forums - I CAN NOT access Zendesk to report this issue and I CAN NOT access any other parts of my account like downloads etc. Everything sends me back to the logon page. I have no option but to report it here in the hope that the message can be passed on as I live in Australia and so phoning DAZ is not a desirable option, both financially and time zone wise.

:(

Edited to add:

And now that I have been to the forum I can now access my account details?!?

I've had problems with being logged in on some pages but not others. The suspicion has to be that it's some kind of caching issue, but for now I've found it works to log out on a page that shows me logged in and then log in again after that.