How Many Pages in Your Product Library?

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

And I'm at 633.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 948

At the end of the Daz+ sale in 2021 I owned every available PC+/Daz+ item available in the store plus many more no longer available ... which brings my count to 553. I seem to use a lot of people and a lot of scenes as well as some props ... where I am overspending seems to be in clothing.

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 598

I have 40. I feel better after reading some of the others!

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited May 2022

I added 2 pages today (171 pages now) but dollars are very expensive these days, my wallet hates that.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited May 2022

Back in 2019 when this thread was probably new, I had 33 pages... at this point it's grown to 45... 

Now if I could just show the same kind of restraint with pound cake and pork chops...

Post edited by McGyver on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited May 2022

Weeeelll.... I haven't checked in a while, so I just did and I'm just ten items short of completing...

847 pages 

Technically, that works out to 33,870 items, but 39 pages are actually "fake" items, since the library shows both bundles and all of the items inside, adding an extra item per bundle, but even so... I now own approximately four/fifths of the items in the total store.  So, I imagine that most of the rest of you can sleep a little better knowing that you're nowhere near as bad as some other folks.  And if someone else happens to have more pages... my condolences.  

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,709

256 at this point in time

it hasn't changed much this year

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

Cybersox said:

Weeeelll.... I haven't checked in a while, so I just did and I'm just ten items short of completing...

847 pages 

Technically, that works out to 33,870 items, but 39 pages are actually "fake" items, since the library shows both bundles and all of the items inside, adding an extra item per bundle, but even so... I now own approximately four/fifths of the items in the total store.  So, I imagine that most of the rest of you can sleep a little better knowing that you're nowhere near as bad as some other folks.  And if someone else happens to have more pages... my condolences.  

Four Fifths of the store...?  At half you should get a special badge like some people get under their Avatar... at three quarters you should get a bronze plaque of your avatar that doubles as a novelty belt buckle.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,523

Up to 310 pages ......

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

422. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

McGyver said:

Cybersox said:

847 pages 

Four Fifths of the store...?  At half you should get a special badge like some people get under their Avatar... at three quarters you should get a bronze plaque of your avatar that doubles as a novelty belt buckle.

That would be nice but, unfortunately, DAZ doesn't work like that.  Quite the opposite really, given that it seems that the only way their sales team seems to know for promoting sales of new products is to offer freebies or heavier discounts on a selection of older products as part of the deal... which is a strategy that fails completely when the intended customer already owns all the older products in that selection that they might ever have any conceivable interest in.  Now, if we were allowed to sell surplus and duplicate items to other users it would be a rather different story, as I could probably make a living just selling all the redundant "Free" Pro Bundles that I keep being offered.  But if wishes were bicycles... I'd still take an uber because it's too dang hot right now.   

Jason Galterio said:

Well, you've apparently learned the ultimate secret of Life, The Universe, And Everything 100 times over (with two left to tip the barrista), so maybe... enlightened?   

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

Cybersox said:

Jason Galterio said:

Well, you've apparently learned the ultimate secret of Life, The Universe, And Everything 100 times over (with two left to tip the barrista), so maybe... enlightened?   

I guess there is some truth to this...  Since all I have learned is that I need to build a bigger computer. :)

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

~  and then ~  

21 _  thanx 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556

174 pages ... my Product Library is growing very slowly now. I own what I wanted the most. 

56 items are in my wishlist queue, I don't know when they will be purchased.

• YIKES!  236 pages since Fedruary of 2006 when I stumbled upon the Daz website.

This is what Daz3D.com looked like then:  https://web.archive.org/web/20060221175826/http://www.daz3d.com/

This is the first product I purchased:  Bryce 5.5

• Wow.  That hurts my eyes.  Guess we shouldn't complain as much about the current web site.

And I'm 4 products in to page 391.  Ugh.

• Ok. I guess I'll play this game.

Just 9.

937 pages.  I'm beginning to wonder if I should have chosen drugs as my addiction instead...

• I don't think drugs sound nearly as fun as 3D art. I have 67 pages now.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,709
    edited February 2023

inception8 said:

Ok. I guess I'll play this game.

Just 9.

wow, am damned curious which few made the cut

I am guessing you create a lot of stuff yourself and use D|S as mostly a render engine

(I see you are of course a PA)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • OK I had to look. I'm up to 127.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

nonesuch00 said:

Since the freebie today of the business classroom I now have 4001 products installed vis DIM.

The above was July 2019. 4001 products in DIM translates to roughly 73 pages in the "My Product Library" in the DAZ Store would be my best guess. Now, in Feb 2023 I have 144 pages with 7725 products in DIM. That is a big purchasing slow down but expected as DAZ+ members wrap up buying the back catalogues of all the DAZ+ items they actually want.

15.5 pages since March 2022 to March 2023 for about 635 products, most though are the DAZ+ monthly batch of freebies which I honestly don't even know what products they are meant for as most are very obscure texture sets from 10 years ago or longer.

While I did join DAZ in the oughts, I mostly did so as a reminder to be waiting for hardware and software to mature to make DAZ's products easier to use as the goal was always making games, when I felt technology was getting close, I then I made most of my monetary purchases since March 2016.

Of course AI art could supercede all of that 3D technology I spent all that money on but I have no interest in subscribing currently to any AI art service. I have tried a couple and they are good for general visual style  inspiration sometimes. AI services that help utilize 3D models though would be considered. And more practially possible in the near term would be AI art services for backgrounds used in animations with the properly placing of shadows and lighting changes on those backgrounds and all that. That would be very much worth considering should such be developed, but no such AI services for creating and animating easily differentiable protagonist and antagonist 3D characters is expected for quite some time in my opinion. The needed speed and RAM are both sorely missing and far too expensive in order to make that a reality sooner, rather than later.

I've slowed way down again yet more in purchases since last summer. It will be interesting if I again have about 16.5 pages 635 products purchased from March 2023 to March 2024. There were a few great bundles last year I couldn't pass on like the Nutcracker/Sugar Plum Ballet Bundles (actually I think those were both late 2021 but it took me until 2022 to purchase most of the items in them).

• 293. Should I worry that my DAZ library cost more than my car?

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,402

76 pages - Not a lot and way too much. Does not include items from other stores.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,402

jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:

293. Should I worry that my DAZ library cost more than my car?

Probably. surprise

293. Should I worry that my DAZ library cost more than my car?

Kinda depends on your car and what you paid for it.  I knew a guy who had a car he bought for $100 and drove it for years... and it didn't look as good as this:

• Now that is a flashback. I remember Schlep. What was it called. Wonderbuggy?

Now that is a flashback. I remember Schlep. What was it called. Wonderbuggy?

Wonderbug, part of the Kroft Supershow, along with Dr. Shrinker, Bigfoot & Wildboy, Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, & hosts Captain Kool & the Kongs 

A few things to keep in mind when looking at Page Counts in the library is that those numbers can be deceptive.  For example, if you buy a lot of bundles, there's an extra group ltem added to your library for most of them, and that can add up.  For example, if I do a search for just the word bundle, I'm current showing 47 pages of just that alone, and most (but not all) of those are redundant as the individual items in the bundle are usually (but not always) also shown individually.  47 pages = 1880 items in the product library, so that's a significant offset. 

Similarly, older buyers like miyself know that they had to buy more items than newer customers did in order to get a comparable product, as in the early days we often had to buy the figure broken down into far more components = for example, even though I had Victoria 3, to purchase the complete base Stephanie Petite (aka Stephanie Petite) figure, my library shows that I had to acquire the following items:

·  Stephanie 3.0 Petite Starter Pack

·  Stephanie 3.0 Petite Head Morphs

·  Stephanie 3.0 Petite Body Morphs

·  Stephanie 3.0 Petite Universal Texture Maps (Standard Res)

·  Stephanie 3.0 Petite Base (Upgrade From Stephanie)

Stephanie 3.0 Petite Universal Texture Maps (Hi Res)

By comparison, when I bought Stephanie 4, I only had to buy the base genesis morphs once to cover ALL of the characters of that generation, and all of Step 4's skins came with the S4 base figure. And that pattern is reproduced for most of the generation 3 figures and many of the clothing items were also configured to a single figure, so I had to buy a new version of the Morphing Fantasy Dress for each new figure, as well as seperate versions of each of the MFD ADD-ons.  Needless to say, that all adds quite a few extra items to the ultimate product library total.