Camera Lock Script?

Once I settle in on a camera angle, I like to lock my rendering camera down by locking the translation and rotation transforms. It's not a huge effort, I'd really love a script to have one-clock lock/unlock of transforms. Unfortunately, when I open up the scripting window, I'm completely lost. I don't know how to target the camera or how to switch between lock and unlocked modes for transforms. Has anybody written such a script? Or, if not, would it be easier to write than I think?

Comments

• // Camera lock// (c) Richard haseltine, Jan 2017// get list of selected itemsvar selectedNodes = Scene.getSelectedNodeList();var control;// go through listfor ( var n = 0 ; n < selectedNodes.length ; n++ ) {	// is it a camera?	if ( selectedNodes[ n ].inherits( "DzCamera" ) ) {		// get and lock its transforms		control = selectedNodes[ n ].getXPosControl();		if ( control ) {			control.lock( true );		}		control = selectedNodes[ n ].getYPosControl();		if ( control ) {			control.lock( true );		}		control = selectedNodes[ n ].getZPosControl();		if ( control ) {			control.lock( true );		}		control = selectedNodes[ n ].getXRotControl();		if ( control ) {			control.lock( true );		}		control = selectedNodes[ n ].getYRotControl();		if ( control ) {			control.lock( true );		}		control = selectedNodes[ n ].getZRotControl();		if ( control ) {			control.lock( true );		}	}}

change true to false throughout for an unlock script

• Thanks Richard, that's excellent

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Here's a couple of icons for this...

Rename them CameraLock.dsa.png/CameraUnlock.dsa.png (if that's what you named the scripts) and drop them along side the scripts.

CameraLock.dsa.png
    91 x 91 - 10K
    CameraUnlock.dsa.png
    91 x 91 - 10K
  • FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

Just curious, can I include this camera lock script in a commercial product as a very useful tool but not the primary purpose of the product?  Thank you.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 359

Here's a version with undo and unlock support you can use

// DAZ Studio version 4.12.1.118 filetype DAZ Script// Lock (or unlock) selected cameras position and rotation.//// Hold SHIFT when running script to unlock.//// Author: Omniflux// Version: 1// Date: 2021-01-21(function (bUnlock) {	function lockControls (object) {		functions = [object.getXPosControl, object.getYPosControl, object.getZPosControl,		             object.getXRotControl, object.getYRotControl, object.getZRotControl];		functions.forEach (function (control) { if (control) control().lock (!bUnlock) });	}	function undoString() {		var sUndo = bUnlock ? "Unlock" : "Lock";		var sName = (Scene.getNumSelectedCameras() == 1) ? Scene.getSelectedCamera (0).getLabel() : "Cameras";		return "%1 %2".arg (sUndo).arg (sName);	}	if (Scene.getNumSelectedCameras() == 0)		MessageBox.warning ("This action requires one or more cameras to be selected.", "Selection Error", "&OK", "");	else {		beginUndo();		Scene.getSelectedCameraList().forEach (lockControls);		acceptUndo (undoString());	}})(App.modifierKeyState() & 0x02000000);

If you want to use it as two separate scripts to lock / unlock, change the last line

})(true);	// Unlock})(false);	// Lock

Omniflux, thank you very much!

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited May 2022

Guys if it's ok with you,  I'm merging the codes into another old  camera project. We will rename it project since there are a lot of us on it.

mcjcamlock2022.PNG
    408 x 234 - 10K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

@Omniflux here is the shell for the project.

edited May 2022

New version of CamLock2022 has been released. Check out the related video.

CamLock2022v2 allows you to easiy lock your Beauty/Production camera during scene composition.

Updated with "Camera Locked" scene indicator.

Files linked below

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/camlock2022v2

Click image below for video tutorial

CamLock2022v2.PNG
    1075 x 713 - 2M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited May 2022

Tugpsx said:

New version of CamLock2022 has been released. Check out the related video.

CamLock2022v2 allows you to easiy lock your Beauty/Production camera during scene composition.

Cool. Thanks. 

Post edited by AnEye4Art on

Be sure to grab the new version it has the camera locked scene indicator.

Got it, thanks Tugpsx, nice update!

I did a Create Custom Action to save it to the Scripts Menu, then, because I use it a lot, I gave it a keyboard shortcut:  "Window>Workspace>Customise find the script's entry under Custom on the left, right-click on it, Change Keyboard Shortcut, and press the combo you want."

FirePro9 said:

Got it, thanks Tugpsx, nice update!

I did a Create Custom Action to save it to the Scripts Menu, then, because I use it a lot, I gave it a keyboard shortcut:  "Window>Workspace>Customise find the script's entry under Custom on the left, right-click on it, Change Keyboard Shortcut, and press the combo you want."

Glad you are enjoying the update. The shortcuts do come in handy. Thanks for sharing. 

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601

Hi there

I posted CamLock2022V2 on its own google-sites site page

this way :  https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/camlock2022v2

i will also make a thread for it in the freebies forum

camlockpromo.jpg
    1013 x 493 - 83K
    item503.png
    240 x 240 - 28K
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Nice idea.  Didn't work for me.  Perhaps it is because I still use 4.12

2022-05-09 17:56:40.663 WARNING: Script Error: Line 80
    2022-05-09 17:56:40.663 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'wLockBtn.clicked.scriptConnect' [undefined] is not a function.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 359

@gitka1

Yes, Function::scriptConnect isn't available in DS versions older than Jan. 2021, it was introduced when Function::connect was deprecated.

Just for you, here is a modified version that I believe will work with 4.12. Please respond if it does!

zip
    zip
    camlock2022v2Modified.zip

@Omniflux thanks for the update and addressing the issue.