[Released] ABAS: Animated Shaders System Plugin

AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381

ABAS is an Animated Shaders System for Daz Studio. Now, you can animate the properties of the surface shaders of any geometric object. You can animate the colors, the sliders of properties, and others.

Any surface shader that can be edited in the Daz Studio Surfaces Pane is suitable for animation with ABAS.

Note: ABAS cannot animate some non-standard custom properties; however, the remaining properties of the shader are still animatable. ABAS does not work with Octane renders.

https://youtu.be/6WYVz3SIed4

Maps and OpenVDB sets

Post edited by Alberto on

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Cool, will this work with any existing shader or Iray Uber only?

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381

V3Digitimes said:

Cool, will this work with any existing shader or Iray Uber only?

Works with any shader that uses the Daz Studio Surface Pane.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Good thanks!

V3Digitimes said:

YouGood thanks!

You're welcome! 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Does this allow you to animate the dForce surface parameters? 

RGcincy said:

No, only the shader parameters. 

• XornflXornfl Posts: 102
    edited January 2022

can be used for modify opacity of the shader?

Post edited by Xornfl on

Xornfl said:

can be used for modify opacity of the shader?

Yes. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Alberto said:

RGcincy said:

No, only the shader parameters. 

thanks 

• 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 218

Hi,

Is there anyway this can work with the new Volumetric Shader to create animation like fire or explosion with VBS created elsewhere?

Thanks.

3DMinh said:

Hi,

Is there anyway this can work with the new Volumetric Shader to create animation like fire or explosion with VBS created elsewhere?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, no, because the file property of the shader isn't an animated one. However, I'm working on a Fluidos II update to do it. And maybe, I could implement it later in ABAS too.

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Unfortunately, no, because the file property of the shader isn't an animated one. However, I'm working on a Fluidos II update to do it. And maybe, I could implement it later in ABAS too.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to that.

edited February 2022

3DMinh said:

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Hi,

Thanks.

I implemented it already!

I'm going to submit the update to DAZ. It should be available to ABAS owners in about two weeks.

edited March 2022

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Hi,

Thanks.

I'm going to submit the update to DAZ. It should be available to ABAS owners in about two weeks.

The update is ready for installation now. 

edited March 2022

What’s new in Version 1.1:

• Fixed a bug that prevented the saving with the scene the maps in the Animated Shader.

• Added support to animate maps in properties and file properties (like the one in the Daz Studio’s “Simple OpenVDB MDL Volume shader”).

• Added a primitive prop to visualize OpenVDB files in ABAS’ content.

• The manual was updated to include the new features.

Tutorial:

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,028

Sounds promising. Does this update allow one to animate a volume?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Instead of creating new and larger cubes to hold the VDB, why not just rename the surface from Default to Volume and turn off Clip to Geometry?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,028

barbult said:

Instead of creating new and larger cubes to hold the VDB, why not just rename the surface from Default to Volume and turn off Clip to Geometry?

Eesh. I'm watching the tutorial right now, and there's a lot of time wasted futzing with something that is already a solved problem.

Gordig said:

Sounds promising. Does this update allow one to animate a volume?

Yes, if you have the files. 

barbult said:

It's another possibility (and easier). Thank you.

Alberto said:

barbult said:

It's another possibility (and easier). Thank you.

I updated the tutorial.

Tutorial:

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 861

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere so once you animate the surface properties how do you save them? Are they saved the same way that key frames are for a character's node such as key framing an arm being rotated and saved as an animation for that character. Can the keyframes of a surface property be saved as an Aniblock?

kwannie said:

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere so once you animate the surface properties how do you save them? Are they saved the same way that key frames are for a character's node such as key framing an arm being rotated and saved as an animation for that character. Can the keyframes of a surface property be saved as an Aniblock?

They're saved as keyframes of properties of the Animated Shader node as any other keyframe. This node is saved with the scene unless the user deletes it.

The keyframes can be saved as an aniblock, but the user has to bake it to Studio keyframes before rendering because the Animated Shader doesn't work through aniblocks.

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 861

Thank you so much for clearing that up.

• Is the animated shader a merchant resource?  Can someone make an asset and distribute it that uses the animated shader?  The end user would obviously need to have purchased the plugin.

RobotHeadArt said:

Is the animated shader a merchant resource?  Can someone make an asset and distribute it that uses the animated shader?  The end user would obviously need to have purchased the plugin.

Yes, the Animated Shader nodes are distributable in the way you said.

Alberto said:

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Hi,

Thanks.

This is great! Thank you.

One more thing, is the plugin capable of displacement map animation?

Like I have a bunch of displacement maps, can I animate a figure with these maps using the plugin?

Thanks.

3DMinh said:

Alberto said:

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Alberto said:

3DMinh said:

Hi,

Thanks.

This is great! Thank you.

One more thing, is the plugin capable of displacement map animation?

Like I have a bunch of displacement maps, can I animate a figure with these maps using the plugin?

Thanks.

Yes, you can animate displacement maps using the plugin.

You're welcome!

• Unable to locate file. I have the Animated Water Normal maps found here: https://textures.pixel-furnace.com/texture?name=Animated Water

This consists of 120 png files named from 0001.png to 0119.png. I load the first file 0001.png and when I move the completion slider, it gives the following warning: Could not find file: F:/Animated Water Normal Map/0001.pn0001

It is not looking for .png, rather it seems to be looking for the .pn(filename).