[Released] Smart Collections [Commercial]

Comments

• Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

I can't seem to get the it to create anything other than an Empty Product,  I also get an error that it can't find or create runtime support directory

That is strange.  Usually, DS has already created that folder as part of downloading and installing stuff.  Do you have /Runtime/Support somewhere in your DS folders?  For me, it is at D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support  Please create one in your My DAZ 3D Library.

Mine is located at Volumes/DAZ3D Library/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support 

PS. Just incase it matters I'm using macOS 12.2.1 Monterey

Huh?  Out of curiosity, is the LOCAL_USER_78900000...[blah blah].png in that directory?  Can you post the Daz Log of the run?  It has more information that I will need to figure this out.

No the Icon is not in there.  Here is the Daz Log File with just the Smart Collections run in it.  Just incase the video didn't upload to the forum here a link to it Video Of Full Run

One thing I just noticed that looks strange:

Loading product image: /Volumes/DAZ3D Library/VM Icons/Smart Collection Product.jpg

It should be something like this: Loading product image: /Volumes/DAZ3D Library/My DAZ 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Data/Smart Collection Product.jpg

Did you move it?  Have you tried Reseting the image or changing it to something else entirely?

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    edited February 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

I can't seem to get the it to create anything other than an Empty Product,  I also get an error that it can't find or create runtime support directory

That is strange.  Usually, DS has already created that folder as part of downloading and installing stuff.  Do you have /Runtime/Support somewhere in your DS folders?  For me, it is at D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support  Please create one in your My DAZ 3D Library.

Mine is located at Volumes/DAZ3D Library/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support 

PS. Just incase it matters I'm using macOS 12.2.1 Monterey

Huh?  Out of curiosity, is the LOCAL_USER_78900000...[blah blah].png in that directory?  Can you post the Daz Log of the run?  It has more information that I will need to figure this out.

No the Icon is not in there.  Here is the Daz Log File with just the Smart Collections run in it.  Just incase the video didn't upload to the forum here a link to it Video Of Full Run

One thing I just noticed that looks strange:

Loading product image: /Volumes/DAZ3D Library/VM Icons/Smart Collection Product.jpg

It should be something like this: Loading product image: /Volumes/DAZ3D Library/My DAZ 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Data/Smart Collection Product.jpg

Did you move it?  Have you tried Reseting the image or changing it to something else entirely?

Thats where I tried adding a custom icon but got the same result 

Post edited by Platnumk on

RiverSoftArt said:

I am baffled then.  Any Mac users got this working?

EDIT: Maybe it is a permissions problem?  Is that directory able to accept user files?

Appears to accept user files  

Screenshot-2.png
    2826 x 1554 - 1M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Is Mac case sensitive? Could something like that be causing problems?

barbult said:

As far as I know, No it isn't 

• Platnumk said:

barbult said:

Mac is case insensitive by default.  The user *can* make it case sensitive from what I understand but rarely do.

• I just thought of something.  To Macs, I believe this "/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900000__SC_My_Smart_Collection_-_Hair.png" will be considered an absolute path.  Can you create a Runtime/Support directory at the top-level?

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

barbult said:

Mac is case insensitive by default.  The user *can* make it case sensitive from what I understand but rarely do.

Something I have noticed that when you script creates the local user file it has a double underscore after the number but all of the other local user files don't,  could that be causing a problem

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited February 2022

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

barbult said:

Something I have noticed that when you script creates the local user file it has a double underscore after the number but all of the other local user files don't,  could that be causing a problem

It might... get rid of the "!" in your Smart Collections name. (That is in options)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited February 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

barbult said:

It might... get rid of the "!" in your Smart Collections name. (That is in options)

Ok, Getting rid of the ! didn't work.  The Runtime/Support is in the top level.

This is how macOS determans where is folder is Volumes/DAZ3D Library "This is the same as the drive letter in Windows" /My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support "this is the folder location"

Post edited by Platnumk on
  • I can confgorm that it does not install a product on macOS. My log file is:

2022-02-13 15:59:26.544 DEBUG: Installing "!SC My Smart Collection 2" product...
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.545 Installing "!SC My Smart Collection 2" product...
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.546 DEBUG:      Creating "!SC My Smart Collection 2" product...
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.546      Creating "!SC My Smart Collection 2" product...
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.553 DEBUG:      "!SC My Smart Collection 2" product created
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554      "!SC My Smart Collection 2" product created
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554 DEBUG: Is INSTALLED true
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554 Is INSTALLED true
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554 DEBUG: Is Vendor false
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554 Is Vendor false
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554 DEBUG: Is Local User false
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554 Is Local User false
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.554 DEBUG: Is Local User Store true
    2022-02-13 15:59:26.555 Is Local User Store true
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.053 DEBUG: Icon Path /Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.054 Icon Path /Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.054 DEBUG: Loading product image: /Volumes/DAZ Network Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Data/Smart Collection Product.jpg
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.054 Loading product image: /Volumes/DAZ Network Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Data/Smart Collection Product.jpg
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.060 Loaded image: Smart Collection Product.jpg
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.061 DEBUG: Saving product image file: /Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.061 Saving product image file: /Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.061 DEBUG: Cannot find or create runtime support directory: /Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png
    2022-02-13 15:59:27.062 Cannot find or create runtime support directory: /Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png

Seems that the script is not using the full path to write. for loading the defualt icon, it refers to /Volumes/DAZ Network Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Data/Smart Collection Product.jpg, on the writing part it refers to /Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png where the full path should be /Volumes/DAZ Network Library/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900001__SC_My_Smart_Collection_2.png

It is a guess, currently trying some trick to see if is the target directory path that is failing. Will report.

• RiverSoftArt said:

I just thought of something.  To Macs, I believe this "/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900000__SC_My_Smart_Collection_-_Hair.png" will be considered an absolute path.  Can you create a Runtime/Support directory at the top-level?

Took a bit of time, as the root directory on macOS is read-only and requires some tricks to add a writeable directory to it.

The tool tries to write to an absolute path. The product ends up in /Runtime Support on the system root. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

RiverSoftArt, you should consider recruiting a Mac guys as a beta tester. Mark_e593e0a5 sounds like a good candidate. yes

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I just thought of something.  To Macs, I believe this "/Runtime/Support/LOCAL_USER_78900000__SC_My_Smart_Collection_-_Hair.png" will be considered an absolute path.  Can you create a Runtime/Support directory at the top-level?

Took a bit of time, as the root directory on macOS is read-only and requires some tricks to add a writeable directory to it.

The tool tries to write to an absolute path. The product ends up in /Runtime Support on the system root. 

So that was it.  The script queries a Daz function for whether the path is relative, which obviously it is NOT with the leading slash.  It looks like DS puts the wrong information in a product's Icon Path, and then that makes the script go off the rails.  I think I am going to have to see if I can hack it somehow on Mac sad  @Mark_e593e0a5, I will try and send something to you?  Or, @PlatnumK, if you could please PM me your email, I could try and send something to you.

• barbult said:

RiverSoftArt, you should consider recruiting a Mac guys as a beta tester. Mark_e593e0a5 sounds like a good candidate. yes

It is definitely a thought.  Most products I don't need it as there is nothing special about the file-handling, but stuff like Content Wizard and Smart Collections need it.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

It is definitely a thought.  Most products I don't need it as there is nothing special about the file-handling, but stuff like Content Wizard and Smart Collections need it.

And yet Content Wizard works perfectly (It's my goto script when installing 3rd party content)  

• RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

So that was it.  The script queries a Daz function for whether the path is relative, which obviously it is NOT with the leading slash.  It looks like DS puts the wrong information in a product's Icon Path, and then that makes the script go off the rails.  I think I am going to have to see if I can hack it somehow on Mac sad  @Mark_e593e0a5, I will try and send something to you?  Or, @PlatnumK, if you could please PM me your email, I could try and send something to you.

Feel free to send something once finished. I am more than happy to give it a try. 

• Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

And yet Content Wizard works perfectly (It's my goto script when installing 3rd party content)  

CW has had LOTS of testing and updates. smiley  I just sent a test update to you.

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

CW has had LOTS of testing and updates. smiley  I just sent a test update to you.

Got the Update, what every you did has fixed it ;) Emailed you back with log files 

• issue seems to be fixed on all versions of macOS I have tested laugh. Sent the logs as well.

edited February 2022

Thank you @PlatNumK and @Mark_e593e0a5 for testing it.  I will plan to submit an update this week.  

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

RiverSoftArt said:

Thank you @PlatNumK and @Mark_e593e0a5 for testing it.  I will plan to submit an update this week.  

Seems like your fix has caused a slight side effect,  The Add Product Button brings up the window,  but doesn't populate the window the selected items.  Selecting the items from the Smart Content still works as normal tho. 

• Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Seems like your fix has caused a slight side effect,  The Add Product Button brings up the window,  but doesn't populate the window the selected items.  Selecting the items from the Smart Content still works as normal tho. 

My guess is that is caused by OTHER files being out of sync.  I have been updating 4 different files and was unsure if some link between them might be messed up by sending you only one.  Once I package up the update for submission, I will send it to you and you can quickly try it to see if that issue is fixed.

• Is the User Manual freely available? I'd like to read it before deciding whether to buy it or not.

DoctorJellybean said:

Is the User Manual freely available? I'd like to read it before deciding whether to buy it or not.

Sure.  Attached

pdf
    pdf
    Smart Collections User Manual.pdf
    1M
  • RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Is the User Manual freely available? I'd like to read it before deciding whether to buy it or not.

Sure.  Attached

Thank you!

• kerrykerry Posts: 74

This was the tool that managed to pry open my wallet after months of not spending!

Love it, feeling super organized it's already making the creation process feel way smoother, more fun, and less of a chore of wading through irrelevant items. You can see how I'm using the product in the attached pic. 

The one thing I'm not sure about is how to delete any products created that I don't want anymore, as I got used to using this tool I started to develop a naming convention and a system for organising myself. Actually, now I have a better idea of what I want from my library if I could I would just delete the whole lot and start over. sure it's possible to override stuff but some tool created products i just plain don't want anymore. 

Now I have a bunch of stuff cluttering up my smart content that I wish I could delete but don't know how. 

Exactly the same thing is happening with content wizard too. Had a few fails as I figured it out and now I can't get rid of them in my smart content. 

how used.png
    737 x 892 - 493K
    Screenshot 2022-03-05 001727.png
    617 x 427 - 172K
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

kerry said:

This was the tool that managed to pry open my wallet after months of not spending!

Love it, feeling super organized it's already making the creation process feel way smoother, more fun, and less of a chore of wading through irrelevant items. You can see how I'm using the product in the attached pic. 

The one thing I'm not sure about is how to delete any products created that I don't want anymore, as I got used to using this tool I started to develop a naming convention and a system for organising myself. Actually, now I have a better idea of what I want from my library if I could I would just delete the whole lot and start over. sure it's possible to override stuff but some tool created products i just plain don't want anymore. 

Now I have a bunch of stuff cluttering up my smart content that I wish I could delete but don't know how. 

Exactly the same thing is happening with content wizard too. Had a few fails as I figured it out and now I can't get rid of them in my smart content. 

You can remove the product basically like any other product in DS (you might want to clean up the directory where the shortcuts will be located afterwards, or just leave them, tehy are not taking up a lot of space)

As for the product deletion, select the SmartCollections product in the SmartContent pane. Right-clicking should produce a menu. From that popup-menu, choose "Show Product in Content Library". 

This will take you to the "Products" section on your content library pane, with the product selected. Sometimes, this does not work on the first attempt. Either try to manually locate the product in the library pane, or retry from the SmartContent pane

One you have the product selected in the library pane, right-click on it. A popup menus shows up. From that popup menu, select "Delete".

You will be asked if you really want to remove that product. Select OK. Your SmartCollections product is gone.

This only removes the metadata. For the shortcuts that SmartCollections is creating, you have to remove them from the file system. 

@RiverSoftArt: could a "Remove SmartCollection" be a potential option for the next version?

• Does the removal of the metadata also removes the database entries?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

DoctorJellybean said:

Does the removal of the metadata also removes the database entries?

Yes, removing the product entry should remove all related entries in the database.