[Released] Smart Collections [Commercial]

124»

Comments

  • kerrykerry Posts: 69

    Thanks @Mark_e593e0a5 very good to know, my content library is now just that bit better organised.

     

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    Does the removal of the metadata also removes the database entries?

    Yes, removing the product entry should remove all related entries in the database. 

    Good question @DoctorJellybean 

     

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 5,311

    kerry said:

    This was the tool that managed to pry open my wallet after months of not spending!

    Love it, feeling super organized it's already making the creation process feel way smoother, more fun, and less of a chore of wading through irrelevant items. You can see how I'm using the product in the attached pic. 

    The one thing I'm not sure about is how to delete any products created that I don't want anymore, as I got used to using this tool I started to develop a naming convention and a system for organising myself. Actually, now I have a better idea of what I want from my library if I could I would just delete the whole lot and start over. sure it's possible to override stuff but some tool created products i just plain don't want anymore. 

    Now I have a bunch of stuff cluttering up my smart content that I wish I could delete but don't know how. 

    Exactly the same thing is happening with content wizard too. Had a few fails as I figured it out and now I can't get rid of them in my smart content. 

    That is so awesome that you are using the product to its full potential!smiley  As far as answering your questions, @Mark_e593e0a5 has done that admirably.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 5,311

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    kerry said:

    This was the tool that managed to pry open my wallet after months of not spending!

    Love it, feeling super organized it's already making the creation process feel way smoother, more fun, and less of a chore of wading through irrelevant items. You can see how I'm using the product in the attached pic. 

    The one thing I'm not sure about is how to delete any products created that I don't want anymore, as I got used to using this tool I started to develop a naming convention and a system for organising myself. Actually, now I have a better idea of what I want from my library if I could I would just delete the whole lot and start over. sure it's possible to override stuff but some tool created products i just plain don't want anymore. 

    Now I have a bunch of stuff cluttering up my smart content that I wish I could delete but don't know how. 

    Exactly the same thing is happening with content wizard too. Had a few fails as I figured it out and now I can't get rid of them in my smart content. 

    You can remove the product basically like any other product in DS (you might want to clean up the directory where the shortcuts will be located afterwards, or just leave them, tehy are not taking up a lot of space)

    As for the product deletion, select the SmartCollections product in the SmartContent pane. Right-clicking should produce a menu. From that popup-menu, choose "Show Product in Content Library". 

    This will take you to the "Products" section on your content library pane, with the product selected. Sometimes, this does not work on the first attempt. Either try to manually locate the product in the library pane, or retry from the SmartContent pane

    One you have the product selected in the library pane, right-click on it. A popup menus shows up. From that popup menu, select "Delete".

    You will be asked if you really want to remove that product. Select OK. Your SmartCollections product is gone.

    This only removes the metadata. For the shortcuts that SmartCollections is creating, you have to remove them from the file system. 

    @RiverSoftArt: could a "Remove SmartCollection" be a potential option for the next version?

    Thanks @Mark_e593e0a5 for all the help!  

    As far as your question, I looked into an uninstall option and Daz recommended doing exactly what you described but through a script.  It was error prone enough that I decided to leave it out.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 5,311

    kerry said:

    Thanks @Mark_e593e0a5 very good to know, my content library is now just that bit better organised.

     

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    Does the removal of the metadata also removes the database entries?

    Yes, removing the product entry should remove all related entries in the database. 

    Good question @DoctorJellybean 

    Yes, it should.  However, it seems like for the product record itself something is retained.  When I go to create a Smart Collection product with a different name but the token id is the same, I can get the old name back sometimes.  That is why I added a New button for the token in case this issue came up.

  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 540

    I would just like to say that the Update appeared in DIM today and so far all is working as it should on MacOS.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 5,311

    Platnumk said:

    I would just like to say that the Update appeared in DIM today and so far all is working as it should on MacOS.

    Awesome!  Thank you for sharing!

Sign In or Register to comment.