[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Maybe, instead of loading a zip, it can analyze a temp folder and create smart content for the files in the temp folder.

I could possibly do this, but then nothing better be put in that folder that shouldn't be there.  At least with the zip files, I can verify things.

Did it ever get implemented? 

No, it did not.  Sorry.

Bummer. Thanks.

• I'm having a problem installing the smart content. I've created a custom DAZ Studio Content directory, so that the files doesn't get installed in my main directory. The reaon being that I don't actually want to install the files, I just want to create the smart content files in a custom folder. Screenshot of my installation directories attached.

It installs the content, but not the smart content. This is from the log:

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Building product metadata...

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Unable to open file for writing: E:/_CPA/_Content Wizard/Product/Runtime/Support/Rendo_55555_dForce_Sleep_Over_Boxers_For_G8F.dsx

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: E:/_CPA/_Content Wizard/Product/Runtime/Support/Rendo_55555_dForce_Sleep_Over_Boxers_For_G8F.dsx

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): There were errors during installation.

Custom Directories.jpg
    912 x 677 - 140K
  • DoctorJellybean said:

I'm having a problem installing the smart content. I've created a custom DAZ Studio Content directory, so that the files doesn't get installed in my main directory. The reaon being that I don't actually want to install the files, I just want to create the smart content files in a custom folder. Screenshot of my installation directories attached.

It installs the content, but not the smart content. This is from the log:

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Building product metadata...

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Unable to open file for writing: E:/_CPA/_Content Wizard/Product/Runtime/Support/Rendo_55555_dForce_Sleep_Over_Boxers_For_G8F.dsx

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: E:/_CPA/_Content Wizard/Product/Runtime/Support/Rendo_55555_dForce_Sleep_Over_Boxers_For_G8F.dsx

15:58:40 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): There were errors during installation.

Please make sure the Runtime/Support directory exists.

• RiverSoftArt said:

That did it, thank you. I was thinking that the script would create it automatically if it doesn't exists.

• RaketeRakete Posts: 88
    edited February 2022

I've started using Content Wizard to add content from other stores into the Smart Content tab, and its been a great help so far. But I would like to automate the process a bit more. There is a Batch Content Wizard to extract multiple zips, but it does not add anything to Smart Content. Would it be possible to add that functionality to Content Wizard?

If you're willing, then you can also just tell me the function names and their arguments inside the "content wizard.dse" script that I can call to write this functionality myself. If I knew those, then I assume I could write something that recursively goes through a directory structure of zip files, calls content wizard to extract and analyse the contents, adds product name, image, vendor etc. and then uses content wizard to push that to the content database.

Post edited by Rakete on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

RiverSoftArt said:

That did it, thank you. I was thinking that the script would create it automatically if it doesn't exists.

I am adding that functionality in a patch but have not yet.

• Rakete said:

I've started using Content Wizard to add content from other stores into the Smart Content tab, and its been a great help so far. But I would like to automate the process a bit more. There is a Batch Content Wizard to extract multiple zips, but it does not add anything to Smart Content. Would it be possible to add that functionality to Content Wizard?

Correct.  Since CW can be very wrong in its analysis, I did not want to automate it.

If you're willing, then you can also just tell me the function names and their arguments inside the "content wizard.dse" script that I can call to write this functionality myself. If I knew those, then I assume I could write something that recursively goes through a directory structure of zip files, calls content wizard to extract and analyse the contents, adds product name, image, vendor etc. and then uses content wizard to push that to the content database.

Unfortunately, there is a lot and it would not be easy (if even possible) for you to automate.  It would be enough work for me to support you that it would be better for me to write that.  Perhaps I will in the future. Sorry.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited February 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I am adding that functionality in a patch but have not yet.

That would be great, thank you in advance. I do like CW.

An ability to create\export the smart content files without installing anything would be appreciated. I don't install everything, just when I need to. That way I can create the smart content and add it when I decide to install the product.

Also, the ability to scan the working folder and add the contents if anything is present. I could then manually unzip the zip instead of loading and unzip it with CW.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • dustinmeyer1234dustinmeyer1234 Posts: 120
    edited February 2022

for the life of me whenever I try doing this for character that are compatible with genesis 8 it will over ride my genesis 8 character defult settings, I feel so lost trying to figure this out. I use a ton of poser content as custom daz3d content I thought this addon will help me but not its backfireing and I have to adjust so much of the core files.

dazContentWizzard.PNG
    1641 x 131 - 30K
    Post edited by dustinmeyer1234 on
  • dustinmeyer1234 said:

for the life of me whenever I try doing this for character that are compatible with genesis 8 it will over ride my genesis 8 character defult settings, I feel so lost trying to figure this out. I use a ton of poser content as custom daz3d content I thought this addon will help me but not its backfireing and I have to adjust so much of the core files.

I'm pretty sure this was fixed... have you downloaded the latest update to Content Wizard from DIM (Install Manager)? 

Below is what the PA said  on page 13 of this thread (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/387911/released-content-wizard-commercial/p13):

RiverSoftArt said:

I have submitted an update with the cumulative fixes including supporting tags in the smart content (unfortunately, this bug required changing a lot of files so I couldn't post a patch):

• Fixed Error importing product into Smart Content database error
    • Added Load/Save Installation Options feature
    • Fixed ability to load/save tags and install in smart content
    • Fixes the issue where installing a character's smart content breaks the smart content for all characters of that generation
    • Fixed issue with writing out support assets with an ampersand (&) in the filename
    • Updated GetCategory for materials to include the product name when the materials are under the characters path
    • Fixed GetCompatibilityBase to return the character generation for characters (e.g., /Genesis 8/Male) instead of the product name

• robertswww said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

I'm pretty sure this was fixed... have you downloaded the latest update to Content Wizard from DIM (Install Manager)? 

Below is what the PA said  on page 13 of this thread (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/387911/released-content-wizard-commercial/p13):

RiverSoftArt said:

I have submitted an update with the cumulative fixes including supporting tags in the smart content (unfortunately, this bug required changing a lot of files so I couldn't post a patch):

• Fixes the issue where installing a character's smart content breaks the smart content for all characters of that generation
    • Fixed issue with writing out support assets with an ampersand (&) in the filename
    • Updated GetCategory for materials to include the product name when the materials are under the characters path
    • Fixed GetCompatibilityBase to return the character generation for characters (e.g., /Genesis 8/Male) instead of the product name

That is what i thought... but I wouldn't think you can even download the old version now.

• RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

That is what i thought... but I wouldn't think you can even download the old version now.

do I need to maunlly update it I use the Daz Inststall Manager? 

• dustinmeyer1234 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Any updates should automatically show up as an update in DIM.

• DoctorJellybean said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I uinstilled it and re-instilled it with the same effect,  manully instilled it same effect. I am using Version 1.2.1 is there a special version?

• dustinmeyer1234 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I uinstilled it and re-instilled it with the same effect,  manully instilled it same effect. I am using Version 1.2.1 is there a special version?

Make sure there is not another version installed somewhere.  It is easy to accidentally install with Daz Connect and then you have 2 versions messing each other up.  

edited February 2022

Does CW automatically ignore a folder named Templates? If not, maybe it would be very useful for Template and Templates. I tend to put it with the product zip, so it is alltogether instead of multiple zips for a product.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Does CW automatically ignore a folder named Templates? If not, maybe it would be very useful for Template and Templates. I tend to put it with the product zip, so it is alltogether instead of multiple zips for a product.

I believe if there is a Content folder at the top, it ignores any other folders also at the top.  As far as inside the Content folder, the sSKIPDIRS constant in the data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa lists the folders it ignores.

• RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

I believe if there is a Content folder at the top, it ignores any other folders also at the top.  As far as inside the Content folder, the sSKIPDIRS constant in the data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa lists the folders it ignores.

Ah, thank you. That is one I can add myself smiley

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762
    edited February 2022

For others who would like to alter this bit of code in the file: data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa

NOTE: sSKIPDIRS variable lists the folders that CW ignores.

Original line of code:

var sSKIPDIRS = ['data', 'runtime', 'general', 'documentation'];

Altered line of code:

var sSKIPDIRS = ['data', 'runtime', 'general', 'documentation', 'docs', 'template', 'templates', 'readme', 'readmes', 'license', 'weblinks'];

Post edited by robertswww on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Ummm This is strange (see red arrow in image)  I have looked over the zip file and this product is not in it.  Also this was a fresh opened DS and Content Wizard.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 691K
  • Maybe some leftover files in the working directory?

• DoctorJellybean said:

Maybe some leftover files in the working directory?

That is what I would think.  Delete manually all files in the working directory and try again.

• Has anyone done a vid tutorial for V4 and Genesis ?? I cant get them to work. Works on newer Genesis (2 thru 8.1) but those seem to all have smart content already.It does install but the Install Smart Content or Export Zip button do not highlight, just stays gray and unclickable. Need to see how they are done.

• Prospector said:

Has anyone done a vid tutorial for V4 and Genesis ?? I cant get them to work. Works on newer Genesis (2 thru 8.1) but those seem to all have smart content already.It does install but the Install Smart Content or Export Zip button do not highlight, just stays gray and unclickable. Need to see how they are done.

Older V4 zips won't work because they put everything in runtime/libraries.  CW needs things in the more modern folder structure, e.g., People/Genesis/Clothing.  It sounds like you are never clicking "Analyze..." and then "Install Content".  After installing the content, you will be able to "Install Smart Content"

• So Genesis is earliest hu? then will try that with Genesis.

Thanks

• I believe I found a bug, unless it is the intention.

Add a zip and unzip it. Click Analyze and it appears to unzip once again. Now if one add and unzip, make changes to the directory layout and Analyze, it unzips once more, overwriting any changes made.

• DoctorJellybean said:

I believe I found a bug, unless it is the intention.

Add a zip and unzip it. Click Analyze and it appears to unzip once again. Now if one add and unzip, make changes to the directory layout and Analyze, it unzips once more, overwriting any changes made.

By "one add and unzip" do you mean add another zip file?  Yes, it will completely delete all files in the working directory any time there are changes to the zip file list.

edited February 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

By "one add and unzip" do you mean add another zip file?  Yes, it will completely delete all files in the working directory any time there are changes to the zip file list.

Sorry for the confusuion, but no.

I add zip A and unzip it. I then makes some changes to the directories layout where it unzipped (the working folder) and click Analyze. That causes Zip A to unzip again and analyzed, overwriting the changes one made.

• No joy. So I tried a ver 8. Still no joy. Following page 8 of the PDF. (To Create Smart Content for a Product), Going down list I come to number 5 and its same on any Genesis model or clothes....Comes up [No User Facing Files were detected in the product], so in line 5 of PDF "it will automatically switch you to table view".  It never does. On anything analized.All buttons are non fuctional. in the installation options button I can click Simulate Install ald comes up successful, so Zip and product are fine. I just can't get past line 5 on any Genesis thru Genesis 8.1 be it people,clothes, or textures.I followed your vidio but you already had smart content so it worked as it should (gone to table page), but nothing on going from nothing to ADDING smart content, unless I can't find that video.

• DoctorJellybean said:

RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Sorry for the confusuion, but no.

I add zip A and unzip it. I then makes some changes to the directories layout where it unzipped (the working folder) and click Analyze. That causes Zip A to unzip again and analyzed, overwriting the changes one made.

It is intended that the "Analyze" unzips to the working directory.  The "Refresh Analysis" does an analyze without unzipping.