Studio 4.16 Grays Out Options For Translation, Rotation SOLVED!

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited January 2022 in The Commons

[Studio 4.16 Grays Out Options For Translation, Rotation, etc] Yes, the object is selected in the scene. The studio says select something in the scene. How do I fix this? Going in and restarting doesn't fix it. 

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• is this with all objects or a specific one? Please post a screen shot.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

It's doing it with all objects in the scene. The item is selected in Scene tab, in Parameters it names the object, showing it is selected, I tried the Universal Tool and the node tool, it just keeps saying What Do I Do? and Select an item in the scene. Everything in Parameters is grayed out. 

edited January 2022

As one of the examples, rat is selected. All Parameter options are grayed out. Correct tool is being used.

Screenshot 2022-01-10 141339.jpg
    900 x 211 - 98K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • A screen shot would still help - failing that, the first thing it occurs to me to check is that you have Show Sub Items checked at the bottom of the group list, if not it appears as in my screen shot

Effect of Show Sub Items.jpg
    1098 x 681 - 86K

Already did. Was working on it when you posted.

Wow the forums are doing LOUSY at images- that is a 120dpi 900 wide image shrunk DOWN to 800 in the post. It shouldn't be blurry at ALL!

Richard Haseltine said:

A screen shot would still help - failing that, the first thing it occurs to me to check is that you have Show Sub Items checked at the bottom of the group list, if not it appears as in my screen shot

Never knew what that was, but they are all checked, so that's not the problem. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

You have something written in the search bar, could that be the problem?

Hylas said:

You have something written in the search bar, could that be the problem?

KISSES AND HUGS!!!!!!!  That was it!  

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

And yes, I only ever upload PNG anymore, the forum software will butcher every JPG.

edited January 2022

Thanks for trying to help Richard! smiley  I marked it solved.

Post edited by Novica on