Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• edited December 1969

alright. im waiting for admin apporval

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Done, you should be able to log in and get the beta.

• edited December 1969

Okay, thank you

• edited December 1969

Hello again . :) I ve tried beta. looks "Bit" more stable but it still keep crashing. specially i want to chose shavegroups in some ready lamh projects.

I dunno if its gonna help

my specs :
    i7 4790k
    8 Gb ddr3 ram
    Zotac gtx 650 ti boost

edited December 1969

Hello again . :) I ve tried beta. looks "Bit" more stable but it still keep crashing. specially i want to chose shavegroups in some ready lamh projects.

my specs :
    i7 4790k
    8 Gb ddr3 ram
    Zotac gtx 650 ti boost

Thanks for the PC specs but I'd need more data, specifically the LAMH log file after a crash that you experience. If you can, please email me that info at '[email protected]'. Cheers

• edited December 1969

my specs :
    i7 4790k
    8 Gb ddr3 ram
    Zotac gtx 650 ti boost

Thanks for the PC specs but I'd need more data, specifically the LAMH log file after a crash that you experience. If you can, please email me that info at '[email protected]'. Cheers

Sended ^^

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

This seems a reasonable place to ask if there are any issues with the new 4.7 release version of Studio. Do we need to reinstall, or wait for an update?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    This seems a reasonable place to ask if there are any issues with the new 4.7 release version of Studio. Do we need to reinstall, or wait for an update?

We recently released (about a week ago IIRC ), the LAMH 1.5.15 update for both player and full version, for Windows 64bit systems only.
    This version should work just fine on DS4.7 and have solved some of the existing issues.

edited December 1969

And on a Mac?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    And on a Mac?

The 1.5.15 has not been yet finalized but is stable and available as beta at http:://lamh.ovbi.org
    I suggest you to try it.

• kreartenitkreartenit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello I have the 1.5.15 free LAMH plugin. I know when I first switched over to 4.7 the LAMH plugin was missing and I had to redownload and install. I had to deal with a few crashes but in the end the plugin seems to be stable. After the holiday I will make some tests and let you know if there are any problems. I'm very happy with the results of a render I did a few days ago Wolf Pack. Looking forward to a stable platform to work from.

Wolf_Pack.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 568K
    edited December 1969

Hello I have the 1.5.15 free LAMH plugin. I know when I first switched over to 4.7 the LAMH plugin was missing and I had to redownload and install. I had to deal with a few crashes but in the end the plugin seems to be stable. After the holiday I will make some tests and let you know if there are any problems. I'm very happy with the results of a render I did a few days ago Wolf Pack. Looking forward to a stable platform to work from.

Hello kreartenit, I've seen this render in the gallery, it's very good, congrats!
    We are always looking for feedback on our LAMH beta versions (and the release one of course), and we have a dedicated forum where to discuss issues at http://lamh.ovbi.org , along with newest beta releases as well.
    Cheers

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    And on a Mac?

The 1.5.15 has not been yet finalized but is stable and available as beta at http:://lamh.ovbi.org
    I suggest you to try it.

In fact, it is not completely stable, it will crash DS on exit all the time. This was reported at http:://lamh.ovbi.org forum.

edited December 1969

Ah. I'm not in a rush to use it. I downloaded and installed it, but I can wait for the official release to use it.

edited December 1969

The crash on exit, on Mac, is indeed one of the issues yet to be solved.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

I ask for the sake of me, and others that may have similar issues in the future.

Were these LAMH related crashes, or other? What steps did you find to remedy them? If it was in another thread, a link to it will do.

• Altaica12Altaica12 Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Hello,
    Just doing some research on plugins and does anybody know if Look at my Hair can import hair presets from Maya 2015? Input would be much appreciated.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Merging this into the Official LAMH thread, as the PAs concerned are active in that thread.

edited December 1969

Hello,
    Just doing some research on plugins and does anybody know if Look at my Hair can import hair presets from Maya 2015? Input would be much appreciated.

Nope, it can't. Sorry.

• JonnyLostJonnyLost Posts: 2
    edited December 2014

Hello.

I purchased LAMH on December 2nd and downloaded it. The webpage states that it is compatible with Daz Studio 4.7. After installing it, I couldn't find it in Daz Studio anywhere. I went to the official Look at My Hair thread on the forum and found out that it is only compatible with Daz Studio 4.7 on Windows Machines. I sent a request to be added to the Beta of the OS X version that works with 4.7, but I have not had any response back and I can't login to the Beta because I haven't been approved.

Do you know if there is any update coming soon?

Thanks,
    Jonathon Cox

Post edited by JonnyLost on
    edited December 1969

Hello.

I purchased LAMH on December 2nd and downloaded it. The webpage states that it is compatible with Daz Studio 4.7. After installing it, I couldn't find it in Daz Studio anywhere. I went to the official Look at My Hair thread on the forum and found out that it is only compatible with Daz Studio 4.7 on Windows Machines. I sent a request to be added to the Beta of the OS X version that works with 4.7, but I have not had any response back and I can't login to the Beta because I haven't been approved.

Do you know if there is any update coming soon?

Thanks,
    Jonathon Cox

Hello Jonathon, I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. Please contact me at '[email protected]' and we'll worked it out. Thanks.

• JonnyLostJonnyLost Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks you for the quick response. I just sent you an email! :-)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,489
    edited December 1969

Ug everything I've heard of 4.7 makes me totally not inclined to go use it. Sticking with my 4.5 a bit longer. I keep seeing bug reports for 4.7 and it scares me into waiting....too busy right now to struggle with a new DS version and I love my LAMH too much to figure it out! LOL

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

I held tight to stable-enough 4.5.1.6 for so long and finally relented and went 4.7. A few oddities and new things to get used to, but no regrets overall. Loving the new features like Auxviewport and IPR. Smart content also makes more sense now.

IPR certainly adds to LAMH workflow. Nice to see the hair rendered with shadow cast on characters.

I also manually updated to latest LAMH after 4.7. I can confirm it works but is not stable.

Inconsistent behaviors:

Left click on background sometimes auto goes back to rotate camera, mostly doesn't. (hate the fact that the gizmo is placed at awkward screen bottom right instead of more intuitive screen upper right)

Export as geometry instances mostly doesn't work. I tested using very simple low poly meshes, only had one success.

Wishes for LAMH next version: Ability to save RiCurves as poses per hair object and set poses to studio timeline.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,489
    edited December 1969

I have no clue what IPR or Auxviewport is T_T

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I have no clue what IPR or Auxviewport is T_T

New in 4.7, second viewport you can open which displays using a fast 3delight progressive render, which adjusts in real time, so you can see those shadows and shaders and transparencies properly that you can't in the regular viewport.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 2014

Basically every time you change some surface settings of anything in the scene or move your camera in the viewport, the small Auxviewport will auto-update with final render quality lighting and shadows and hair without typical DS weird transparency artifacts. (DS's openGL real-time render is very primitive and visually uninspiring for artists as everything is not what it seems at final render)

You can set IPR to 3delight draft quality or high quality depending on your CPU and RAM. You can turn it on/off on the fly, pretty cool.

This AuxV + IPR addtion really helps LAMH instanced hair - you see the silly looking wiry instance hair in main viewport, and have the option of seeing the hair fully rendered in the small Auxviewport. Speed up workflow.

When IPR gets improved 2X from this point, I will probably make Auxviewport the main viewport. :)

Post edited by Mythmaker on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Rim Light Rig is a combination prop and multiple light set for figures and props. The dramatic effect is a halo outline and silhouette that separates prop/figure from background adding dimension to your scene. The spotlights are parented to a non-rendering torus for easy positioning and scaling to fit your main subject. All of the spotlights follow a light target for the ability draw attention where you want it.

Rim Light Rig
    RLR works great with the Look At My Hair default shaders.

The cub render was created by Alessandro_AM.

There is an extra Lion render below that is not in the promo pics. I made so many promo renders for this product it was a tough call to leave some of them out. Once the product was refined it was quick to compose a scene and render so I just kept going and going.

Rim_Light_Rig_LAMH_Marshian_Lion2.jpg
    910 x 700 - 292K
    Rim_Light_Rig_LAMH_Marshian_Lion.jpg
    700 x 538 - 242K
    Rim_Light_Rig_LAMH_Marshian_cub.jpg
    538 x 700 - 221K
    edited December 1969

Excellent quality delivered by these lights Jay, well done!

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Excellent quality delivered by these lights Jay, well done!

Thank you! What a wonderful discovery to find out that LAMH glows from backlighting like real hair does.