Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited May 2021

The character used is Valentina HD for Genesis 8 Female by Emrys.

https://www.daz3d.com/valentina-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Amethyst Bride.jpg
    738 x 881 - 455K
    Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • mr clammr clam Posts: 707
    edited May 2021

Here's Nyarai for G3.

Karen Carpenter.png
    1650 x 1650 - 5M
    Post edited by mr clam on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited June 2021

roguekoii299 said:

I just went through this thread, absolutely love this! Here are few from me, my character named 'Layla' from a webserial I have been writing called 'Potentials'

Those are great characters and images. Thanks for sharing. 

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Mousso's Nefeli

roguekoii299 said:

I just went through this thread, absolutely love this! Here are few from me, my character named 'Layla' from a webserial I have been writing called 'Potentials'

Very nice character. Also cool Deviant site. Thanks for sharing. 

edited June 2021

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 291

Trying out the PBRSkin shader and post-work techniques with PaintShop Pro .  I'm very shy about posting my artwork, mostly because I'm my own biggest critic.  I see so many wonderful artists here and hope to one day be just as good.  So many of you are inspiring and your work takes my breath away!

AlwaysSmile01a.png
    1129 x 923 - 1M
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,079

You have absolutely nothing whatsoever to be shy about. It's a gorgeous image - I just wish I could do as well. Keep it up.

Regards,

Richard

Write Idea said:

Trying out the PBRSkin shader and post-work techniques with PaintShop Pro .  I'm very shy about posting my artwork, mostly because I'm my own biggest critic.  I see so many wonderful artists here and hope to one day be just as good.  So many of you are inspiring and your work takes my breath away!

Great job, she look beautiful. Thanks for sharing your artwork with the community. I agree you have nothing to be shy about. Looking forward to more artwork from you.  

Thank you very much, Richard and Tugpsx!  Words of encouragement are always appreciated!  And Richard, I looked at your gallery on Renderosity--you're very talented!  Great camera angles and lighting!  Your work is very good!

KeepSmiling.png
    882 x 886 - 1M
    edited July 2021

Lavonne is an excellent new character by Emrys.

Post edited by Sevrin on
    edited July 2021

Yes she is a great character. Here is a quick test render.

LavonneDLCFactory0DOFFill.png
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

A lot of these characters are simply overlooked and we get them for a great deal.

• jimmyzpopjimmyzpop Posts: 116

Tugpsx said:

A lot of these characters are simply overlooked and we get them for a great deal.

I totally agree. So glad PA's create characters like Lavonne, Berenice, Otis and etc. I want the PA's to know that there is a market for them, and their characters are usually straight into my cart for ista-buys. I might be in the minority (no pun intended), however glad to know some PA's produce high quality POC characters.     

• Darius 7 (G3M) with some muscular physique types added in.  Darius is a superb character.  So happy I have him in my library. :)

Lee

DariusHerculean-UpperBodyPortrait-1A.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 3M
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,783

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Darius 7 (G3M) with some muscular physique types added in.  Darius is a superb character.  So happy I have him in my library. :)

Lee

Why hello there blush

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Darius 7 (G3M) with some muscular physique types added in.  Darius is a superb character.  So happy I have him in my library. :)

Lee

Great job as always, Lee!

• Thank you so very much, Hylas and Write Idea!

I'm still tinkering with Darius and have several variations of him at present.  He's one of my favorite characters. :)

Lee

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

This is Kande in the Simple Room

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,504

Something's definitely going on here.

Black Girl in yoga pants, grey shirt, plants in background.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited October 2021

Black is Beautiful 2021

blackisbeautiful_1 copy.png
    400 x 505 - 172K
    blakisbeautiful_2 copy.png
    400 x 505 - 146K
    blackisbeautiful_3 copy.png
    401 x 505 - 154K
    Post edited by Fauvist on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,504

Black Girl In Blue Dress

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited December 2021

It was time to render a guy instead of talking about rendering guys, so why not the rightful King of Wakanda? (LOL)

Not really Killmonger, tho. I don't have scarification morphs, and I didn't try to make the face look like Michael B Jordan... but SamSil's hair is so good here, you can't help but think of Killmonger.

Base skin is FWSA Kheiron, who was a Centaur 7-era guy. (Makeup choice from Kheiron is my nod to Killmonger's scarification.) This is Genesis 3. The Kheiron skin has a better translucency map than other Genesis 3 maps, but it's just a duplicate of the Diffuse. I made a new set of trans maps to create more interesting skin effects.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on

He's a hottie!

• Hylas said:

He's a hottie!

Thanks. smiley Just showing my support for the thesis of this discussion topic, LOL.

All respect to the late Chadwick Boseman's Black Panther, but Killmonger is just a more interesting character to me.
    Plus, Killmonger's got all that "bad boy"/"naughty" edge to him. Just a lot more fun.

Brought up the light levels this time. (I didn't try too hard to make him look like Michael B Jordan, as I said. It's mostly just SamSil's hair doing the work here.)

I should get the African blades from Merlin Studios... next time they're discounted or I need to use my PC+ coupon, I guess.

Killmonger, why did you break your hockey stick in two? cool

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735

Some old G2 renders.

shaneka_g2f_just_wet_01.png
    888 x 921 - 1M
    shaneka_g2f-just_wet_02.png
    1021 x 933 - 2M
    monique6_skin_masters_1200_01.jpg
    1200 x 1270 - 892K
    g2f_anyana_elysium.png
    799 x 901 - 964K
    eastern_tent_room_02.png
    1044 x 930 - 2M
  • The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited December 2021

Here's a Genesis 8 figure... NOT.

This one also is Genesis 2!
    Just because it's older doesn't mean you can't work with them.

I noticed the props that I used were set up for both Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 in the product decriptions.
    So why not go with some Genesis 2?

IMO, one of the best base figures of the G2M era is Darius 6. If I use Genesis 2, Darius 6 is usually one of the first that I think of.

He is also, IMO, the best of all the Dariuses (Darii?). Darius 7 and Darius 8 just aren't as good as the Genesis 2 version.
    I usually have to rearrange his face because Darius 6 is so distinctive, it takes me out of the fiction when I see him. Same goes for Victoria 6/7/8 and the Michaels.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on

The Blurst of Times said:

Here's a Genesis 8 figure... NOT.

This one also is Genesis 2!
    Just because it's older doesn't mean you can't work with them.

I noticed the props that I used were set up for both Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 in the product decriptions.
    So why not go with some Genesis 2?

IMO, one of the best base figures of the G2M era is Darius 6. If I use Genesis 2, Darius 6 is usually one of the first that I think of.

He is also, IMO, the best of all the Dariuses (Darii?). Darius 7 and Darius 8 just aren't as good as the Genesis 2 version.
    I usually have to rearrange his face because Darius 6 is so distinctive, it takes me out of the fiction when I see him. Same goes for Victoria 6/7/8 and the Michaels.

Very nice! yes