Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• Sigh... more of my WIP stuff, I guess.

I think this one is done, now. I changed around her facial structure. Swapped out the hair... this is actually Killmonger hair, but with one of the shaping presets.

I noticed SamSil isn't at the other store now. Maybe someone mentioned that already. Must be at one of those other sites, I guess.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,222

The Blurst of Times said:

I noticed SamSil isn't at the other store now. Maybe someone mentioned that already. Must be at one of those other sites, I guess.

https://www.sdebstore.com/

• Gordig said:

https://www.sdebstore.com/

Thanks! Another store to look at, I guess. I hate adding more stores to my list of places to look at, but nobody really does hair like that...

Okay, one more go at this guy.

I found the BDUs in my library. (More appropriate for the year 2000 time frame.) Except the BDUs are for G3M, and they fit really poorly on G81M. I had to go into many different nodes to adjust them by hand and make them work, but I think the end product is good.

Not sure about the BDUs, though. If they create too much overhead, I'll swap them out. Kind of a pain to work with.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited January 2022

Transporting this good fellow back in time to the Regency era in London, England.

I imagined him as a Corsair that's been helping the Royal Navy in the war against Napoleon. He converted to the Anglican faith... and was granted a Letter of Marque and Reprisal.
    So, now he's all clean and official, living life as a Privateer.

(Privateer = A "legal" Pirate, not one of those shabby, grubby Pirates!)

The clothes are a mashup of Genesis 2 and Genesis 8.1 outfits. I had to get the Regency bit, but also the Pirate parts.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, the neck tie. I actually took it apart since it distorts when you move the neck/upper chest. (Autofit doesn't help that at all.)

So, I borrowed a trick from Mada... deleted one part of the tie, created a Rigid Follow node, and then put a second tie piece onto the node. (The tie is 2 pieces using the same prop. Mada's example is a belt buckle, but the idea is the same.)

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • The Blurst of Times said:

Transporting this good fellow back in time to the Regency era in London, England.

Love it! What shirt is he wearing?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,793

Gorgeous!

• Glad everyone likes him so far. I tried a few outfits on him before I got to this combination. The others were too Pirate-y, and I wanted him to have the look of a Regency gentleman... but with a little Barbary Coast flair.

nynico_8c2302db09 said:

Love it! What shirt is he wearing?

I used Regency for G2M for the Shirt and the Waistcoat, along with the necktie.
    The textures for the Shirt/Waistcoat come from the Gentlemen for Regency set.

(The lace sleeves from the Gentlemen textures are quite nice, I think.)

It fit well together, anyway, especially since the belt on the Corsican Raider set has such a wide cloth band.

Autofit works well enough on it, and the extra controls still work afterwards (like the chest frills, which can move around to fit the associated Waistcoat or Vest).

(Oskarsson also has a nice dforce Regency outfit, but for kitbashing? The conforming Genesis 2 outfit is maybe a little easier to work with.)

• Thanks! I need to make the time to check out the rest of this thread ASAP.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Sigh... more of my WIP stuff, I guess.

I think this one is done, now. I changed around her facial structure. Swapped out the hair... this is actually Killmonger hair, but with one of the shaping presets.

SamSil has had his own store for a bit (even when he was also sending at Rendo):   s d e b s t o r e . c o m   (remove the spaces)

edited January 2022

Over at the competition, Kimora by Heatherly is currently heavily discounted.

The character is pretty bare-bones but I think she's worth checking out just for the freckled skin.

Two very quick renders using just Kimora's skin. Shape, eyes, brows are all from other characters

kimora02.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    kimora03.png
    800 x 1000 - 916K
    Post edited by Hylas on

Gallery link

I bought Kimora for her freckled skin... so here's a render where you can barely see the freckles! It only makes sense.

The shape here is Sierra by Jadyn & Sabby, plus quite a lot of Darcy's head morph.

edited January 2022

Ha! Nice.

One thing I like about Darcy is the freckles, though I'm not usually one for freckles.

Kimora's skin does look really nice, though.

Okay, for me... I've been playing with Sangriart skins a lot lately. Not so much the shape. I really don't like celebrity shapes... but I collect Sangriart's work nonetheless. Something about the duality of man, the Jungian thing.

Anyway, not a lot of melanin-blessed figures from Sangriart. (The one from Game of Thrones, I think? Dunno... she's an older figure now.)

So, I took one of the darker-skinned newer Sangriart figures and went for a biracial look whilst spinning the dials.

I was thinking about Shakespeare's "The Tempest" while I was dialing her in, and then I scrolled down to AprilYSH's Miranda hair.
    I had to go with Miranda, as the Muses and Fates conspired.

edited January 2022

I forget how much I liked Jada at the time... just resurrecting an old contest image.

(I think I got Underbelly's outfit texture literally from a sofa prop...)

Jada's great. I made a trio of renders with her shortly after I got her that I apparently never posted here.

Podracing

Part of Your World

Four on the Floor

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162

I bought Aniyah a while back but never got around to using her until now.  Dialed in two other morphs to give her a little variation.  Her textures are wonderful.  

Oh right, I also used Jada for this one:

Spa Day

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

Dandene said:

I bought Aniyah a while back but never got around to using her until now.  Dialed in two other morphs to give her a little variation.  Her textures are wonderful.  

Isn't Aniyah wonderful? She's quickly becoming a fave as is and as a base to start dialing from. She looks great here too and loving all these fun renders :)

Aniyah is great all by herself.

Your version is also wonderful, I wouldn't have recognised her!

• Hylas said:

Over at the competition, Kimora by Heatherly is currently heavily discounted.

Rats! i missed the sale.

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162

sunnyjei said:

Isn't Aniyah wonderful? She's quickly becoming a fave as is and as a base to start dialing from. She looks great here too and loving all these fun renders :)

I remember buying Darcy, just to use Aniyah (so a double purchase hehe).  I wish I'd used her in a render sooner!

Hylas said:

Aniyah is great all by herself.

Your version is also wonderful, I wouldn't have recognised her!

She definitely is.  I was very tempted to use her on her own, because she looks amazing by herself.  But I always mix morphs (I dunno why, I've just always done it) and I do like the results.  I'll have to do a render with just her base morph.

• testing creating video. using my Lila for G8 character. didn't work on the model appearance to much so she don't look to hot. was just attempting the animation

Dancing The Night Away

• Dandene said:

amazing work

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited May 2022

Lighting experiment.  Character is (mostly) P3D Brittany.

No post work

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • A mix of Conrad and other figures/morphs with Kola skin materials and Conrad tattoos.

Lee

Conrad.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 1M

Thought I'd hone my skills in Arnold before I plunk down the money for a license, so enjoy a heavily watermarked Aniyah.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited July 2022

Character study for Nakia, She was in the $2 section. How could I pass up such a good character.

https://www.daz3d.com/nakia-for-genesis-81-female

NakiaTest2a.jpg
    1206 x 759 - 1007K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • Very proud of the post-work I did on this image.  Hope you enjoy!

• I'm sooo happy this thread exists. I've been rendering for 14 years, so here's one of my recent renders.

319web2.jpg
    2000 x 2300 - 5M
  • Write Idea said:

Very proud of the post-work I did on this image.  Hope you enjoy!

This looks incredible!

edited December 2022

More Arnold lighting/rendering practice, plus hair I made myself.

Post edited by Gordig on