Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2021

The Dropship awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

The extraction of the poison was successful, but the poison did considerable damage. Harry is going to require some careful tending before he is recovered.

The prcedure also took a lot out of Snape, who tends to be techy at the best of times.

Meanwhile, Vernon has returned with Harry's trunk, and some healthy mice for the owls. He immediately sounds off with an accusation which Snape takes strog exception to. There is an altercation on the hallway outside Harry's door.

5-Confronting-Vernon.jpg
    800 x 989 - 114K
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 522

Bacon Sarnie

edited November 2021

Playful

Playful pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited November 2021

An oldie - M4 era..

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/67/56135ec0ef73b83088d41b04f3df63.jpg

montague_duel_day_dof.jpg
    1050 x 1680 - 919K
    Post edited by hacsart on
    edited November 2021

...Alphabase...signing off

Alphabase awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited November 2021

"The  Third Return of the Evil Lizzardians" no Blockbuster, as it appears...

No Blockbuster awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M

It's dinner time. Snape has specified invalid fare for Harry. Petunia grudgingly complies. Not pleased at all. Nor can she resist mouthing off during the meal.

Harry's weakened state means he has less than his usual  control over his magic. There is another accidental outburst.

6-Dinner.jpg
    797 x 1174 - 184K
  • EthinEthin Posts: 995

I guess I could start off with some oldies from 2011.

Ethin said:

I guess I could start off with some oldies from 2011.

Nice ones, tks for the nostalgia trip:) I bet that tail took a while to render out back then...

edited November 2021

...just an interior, trying to figure out a plausible lighting scenario...

M Casa awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited November 2021

Sven Dullah said:

Nice ones, tks for the nostalgia trip:) I bet that tail took a while to render out back then...

Thanks! Yep, but it was worth it! :D

Post edited by Ethin on

2012 highlights.

• 2005 highlight, and probably one of my very early DS images. Seems to have been uploaded on 14 September 2005:

It wasn't long after I started playing with DS, version 0.7.* beta possibly. Anyway I tried some suggestions made by LiquidRust (who years later became a PA here), modified them a bit & got that image. Character, Jim Burton's Glamorous Vickie with the V3 medium res texture tweaked a bit, my own displacement map for the lips & a home made noise map for the skin displacement to simulate pores.. Think it took hours & hours to render.

edited December 2021

Hours and hours? Luxury I say! Since we're going down Memory Lane I'll post an early render made on a 2007 Macbook in maybe 2012 or so...rendertime 8 days... and I aborted at 92% because the remaining 8% would have taken another week:)

I had to replace the cooling fan after that, and the laptop is still live and kicking. Infact I made this testrender some weeks ago  on the very same machine, using aweSurface with abberation, which is a very slow process. Rendertime was a couple of hours (luxury, I know).

I just find it interesting to compare UE tech and standard DS 3delight with scripted pathtracing...

Btw @richardandtracy nice sheen effect for sure! You weren't brave enough to use raytraced shadows though?cheeky For the record, I have all the 4k LR V4 textures in the store, big fan:)

edited December 2021

latest...

Gymnast mbpp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    edited December 2021

Oh, where going back that far? Well... Umm... Ok.. here you go, my first saved render out of D|S, 07-07-2005. Never before seen the light of day and I had no idea what I was doing. {cringe >_<}

tracking.jpg
    524 x 631 - 230K
    Post edited by Ethin on

2013 highlights.

edited December 2021

Snape loses patience with the whole situation. Getting the poison put of Harry took a fairl amount of his reserves, and he's not at his best in the summer anyway.

He petrifies Vernon and Dudley, animates a chair, ties Petunia to it undoes Harry's accidental magic, has the chair take her upstairs and locks her in Harry's room. Then he splits the bed in the master bedroom into two beds.

He locks Vernon in Harry's cupborrd under the stairs. Has the chair take Harry up to bed in one of the two beds in the master bedroom, and then tries to decide whether there is any use to be made of Dudley.

7-Snape+Dudley.jpg
    799 x 1241 - 196K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2021

first test over Botanica by Howie Farkes, a little more contrast in ps

a 12 min render

1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited December 2021

magaremoto said:

first test over Botanica by Howie Farkes, a little more contrast in ps

a 12 min render

Nice! Maybe translucency a tad strong on the leaves? In any event it's a beautiful render.

edited December 2021

thank you for the hint:)

this one took only 3 minutes to render

3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on

Incredible speed, what's your secret? smiley

well, I guess because all the figures have only one or few scan maps optimized for quick renders; moreover the lighting and the render settings have been set up to get the best quality/speed ratio

magaremoto said:

well, I guess because all the figures have only one or few scan maps optimized for quick renders; moreover the lighting and the render settings have been set up to get the best quality/speed ratio

Well done!

edited December 2021

...couple of recent efforts...

Sven's Diner awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Indoor pool2pp awe.png
    800 x 1257 - 1M
    Indoor pool awe.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M

edited December 2021

Marg Library awe.png
    1600 x 989 - 2M

Dudley is a fool who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut, but he's the only Dursley who is remotely useful. 

8-Snape+Dud-2.jpg
    799 x 738 - 109K

2015-2016