Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• skboaskboa Posts: 59

memcneil70 said:

4.16 has shown up in DIM for the BETA and normal release. Is it okay? I don't see a thread about it.

Read Daz_Rob's post a little further up, the new iray version is not included, so it should be fine.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited November 2021

...so I guess for those on W7 no GPU rendering (driver 471.41 and up is W10 only) so looks like 4.15.0.30 is end of the line. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

kyoto kid said:

...so I guess for those on W7 no GPU rendering (driver 471.41 and up is W10 only) so looks like 4.15.0.30 is end of the line. 

472.12 is still W7 

edited November 2021

...NM. read the  driver number wrong (tired old eyes).

kyoto kid said:

...on the Bta highlights thread it mentions diver 471.41 for GPU rendering while Nvidia recommends "Studio Drivers" that are not available on W7.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/528771/daz-studio-pro-4-16-1-was-4-15-1-beta-highlights#latest

472.12 is still newer than 471.42 and there has never been studio drivers for W7 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

...do you have a copy of the installer? 

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...on the Bta highlights thread it mentions diver 471.41 for GPU rendering while Nvidia recommends "Studio Drivers" that are not available on W7.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/528771/daz-studio-pro-4-16-1-was-4-15-1-beta-highlights#latest

472.12 is still newer than 471.42 and there has never been studio drivers for W7 

...so what's the advantage of the "Studio" Drivers?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

kyoto kid said:

I used the advanced driver search on the Nvidia driver page, selected the 10 series cards, 1080 ti, and windows 7 64-bit; 472.12 was released September 30. I'm using 471.68 on my W7 pro system. I've also mapped out my upgrade to W10 pro process, currently scheduled for sometime around new years day or immediately after.

edited November 2021

...as I mentioned I read the driver number wrong, apologies for the panic. Due to my dyslexia I sometimes see words and numbers slightly different from what is presented. Was just one of those days.

Already have plans myself to make a hardware upgrade for moving directly to W11 (one less OS learning curve to deal with) but it will take a bit of time to get the funds saved up for that (10 also has never been my "cup of tea" so to say).  Currently looking at about 1,200$ (which includes W11 Pro .Retail Version).

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...so what's the advantage of the "Studio" Drivers?

They claim the 'studio' drivers have been more rigorously tested for those that are not looking for the latest tweaks for the newest games, but as the game drivers and studio drivers are released about the same time, when do they do this 'extensive' testing...

I have always chosen a driver that's one or two versions newer that the oldest supported, which doesn't manifest problems in programs that I use.

edited November 2021

...ah so no real performance difference then.

ETA

OK  downloaded installed loaded in a single character test rendered and Leela went for being fair skinned and freckled to looking much darker than expected.  Test rendered another character with albino skin and the same exact result. Both had skins created in Skin Builder 2 but that should not be the issue.  Checking the render settings All the environmental and Tone Mapping ones are correct..  

Checking through the logfile I saw this:

2021-11-22 23:20:48.326 WARNING: QColor::setRgb: RGB parameters out of range

However clothing end everything else seems fine just the skin and the hair seems much darker. My displays are calibrated so it has to be something somewhere in the render settings. 

Iray view mode gives the same result.

There is also a noticeable lag manipulating parameter sliders even in texture shaded mode..

Using Nvidia Driver 472.12

Attached is are images of the albino character first in the 4.16 beta and then 4.15 general release.

Tracey 4-16 test.jpg
    933 x 1200 - 226K
    Tracey 4-15 test.jpg
    933 x 1200 - 220K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Well, I don't see any new menu extries for this new content type so I guess I'll have to see if their is a DAZ 3D Store product with this mystery new content type or a new "DAZ New Mystery Content Type Examples Essentials" package later this week.

edited November 2021

...so when I checked back to see if there was a 4.16 essentials package I found this in the Install Manager, I clicked on the Information icon and it pulled up the Daz Documentation page that I also included in the SS attachment below.

So there's already a 4.16 General release?   Not going to overwrite the 4.15 one if the shader bug is still there.

Daz 4-16-03.jpg
    1422 x 871 - 341K
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

One of the issues I had on 4.16 Beta last night was my pane for Power Pose was not up and when I tried to open it and attach it to the side of the screen where I like it, nope not happening. I am not sure why that happened, so I need to see if it is my issue or the Beta's. I have not had this issue before.

The other is the Perspective View is default and the Default Camera is from 'Waaaay' up in elevation. Again, not sure what is going on. 

But for the past number of months I have been working on projects that have had me out of D|S except to work on re-installing content slowly. So actual rendering has been a rare treat.

On Nvidia drivers, my flatmate and I have different ones in three computers and we both had updates barely a week or two after a recent one for both game ready and studio recently. 

But does this update fix the mess in Smart Content caused by the store update last year? 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

Great, the same molasses-slow viewport bug rears its ugly head AGAIN! I'm only getting 1 fps while orbiting around one character, one prop scene...

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039

Downloaded the Beta and loaded up a scene that I have rendered a few times in 4.15. Took a while to load and I hit the render button...35 minutes and still nothing in the render window.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 video card and 472.47 Studio driver Windows 10.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

cridgit said:

Just installed 4.16 and it is utterly unusable for me.

4.15 was already slow when applying pose presets, changing pose or resetting pose (due to the large number of G8 morphs I have) but things that took 2-3 minutes yesterday on 4.15 are hanging 4.16 for >15 minutes before I kill it.

How do I go back to 4.15 please?

You don't unless you already made a backup, you can fill out a ticket but that is not guaranteed, so it looks as though you may be stuck with it until the next update.

Fishtales said:

Downloaded the Beta and loaded up a scene that I have rendered a few times in 4.15. Took a while to load and I hit the render button...35 minutes and still nothing in the render window.

I let it run for 50 minutes and still nothing so I cancelled the render. it wouldn't cancel so I had to kill Studio to get rid of it :) I will go and try again. 

Fishtales said:

Fishtales said:

I let it run for 50 minutes and still nothing so I cancelled the render. it wouldn't cancel so I had to kill Studio to get rid of it :) I will go and try again. 

Started it again, loaded the scene and pressed Render. I have cancelled it again after 15 minutes with nothing in the render window and have had to kill Studio again as the render wouldn't finish.

Started up 4.15 with the same scene and it loaded faster and started rendering after a few minutes.

• 3CPO3CPO Posts: 156
    edited November 2021

Checked my ocean project scenes ( made in v.4.12) against this latest beta and discovered that, in uber shader at least, even the slightest amount of top coat weight strengh, regardless of the layering mode used, darkens and dulls the overall glossy effect instead of brightening it. Can anyone else confirm this weird behavior?  This might explain the obvious color change in similar surfaces.(As seen in the example kyoto kid posted above)

Similarly, using SSS Mono mode effect, found that by comparison with version 4.12,in order to get equivalent effects, the transmitted measurement distance needs to be about 40% higher in the latest beta.

Simple tweaks and geometry manipulations such as translations or resizeing or camera movements during interactive Iray rendering causes it to switch from GPU to CPU, regardless of the available GPU memory. (my card has 8 Gb of dedicated GDDR6 video memory)

Since I am about to finalize my project and prepare it for release, I would be very grateful to get some confirmation from the developers or anyone in the know if the shader will remain as is in the current version of Studio or is it still in the process of debugging and subject to further modifications. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Post edited by 3CPO on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Was the 4.16 general release sent out the same time as the 4.16 beta release? i.e. there was no beta test of the 4.16 build before general release?

• barbult said:

Was the 4.16 general release sent out the same time as the 4.16 beta release? i.e. there was no beta test of the 4.16 build before general release?

The only change in the general release from 4.15.0.30 is in the PowerPose pane, which was also in the previous beta(s).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,213
    edited November 2021

3CPO said:

Checked my ocean project scenes ( made in v.4.12) against this latest beta and discovered that, in uber shader at least, even the slightest amount of top coat weight strengh, regardless of the layering mode used, darkens and dulls the overall glossy effect instead of brightening it. Can anyone else confirm this weird behavior?  This might explain the obvious color change in similar surfaces.(As seen in the example kyoto kid posted above)

Similarly, using SSS Mono mode effect, found that by comparison with version 4.12,in order to get equivalent effects, the transmitted measurement distance needs to be about 40% higher in the latest beta.

Simple tweaks and geometry manipulations such as translations or resizeing or camera movements during interactive Iray rendering causes it to switch from GPU to CPU, regardless of the available GPU memory. (my card has 8 Gb of dedicated GDDR6 video memory)

Since I am about to finalize my project and prepare it for release, I would be very grateful to get some confirmation from the developers or anyone in the know if the shader will remain as is in the current version of Studio or is it still in the process of debugging and subject to further modifications. Thank you in advance for your reply.

See the last entry in the change log, currently (the only one under the Private Build header) http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

• Implemented a partial workaround for NVIDIA Iray thin-film changes

• Approximates (does not replicate) the previous behavior

• Cannot fully match the previous behavior, but does match color characteristics to some extent

• Affects reflection and transmission - the previous behavior only affected reflection

• Cannot match three-or-more color variations

also see the thread on Iray versions https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/529616). The change in Iray is deliberate, and will presumably remain, as the old behavior was not physically correct.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Okay, just a miinor question, but where could I read more about the "Spectral Conversion Color Space" options?

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

Timeline: Broken
    Puppeteer: Broken
    Autofit: Broken
    G3/8's IKs: Broken
    D-Formers: Broken
    Undo Stack: Broken
    Frame Selected: Broken
    Add Level of details: Broken
    3Delight: Broken
    IRay: Broken
    Filament: Broken
    And there's more... Most of these are years old bugs, reported to the helpdesk many times.

Perhaps DAZ Studio itself it's free but I paid for the assets, I would like at least to be able to use them... sad

I guess I'll go 4.12.0.86 Public Build in secula seculorum...

• Imago said:

And there's more... Most of these are years old bugs, reported to the helpdesk many times.

Perhaps DAZ Studio itself it's free but I paid for the assets, I would like at least to be able to use them... sad

Broken in what way?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited November 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

The only change in the general release from 4.15.0.30 is in the PowerPose pane, which was also in the previous beta(s).

How can a person draw that conclusion from the Change Log? Where should I look to see the derivation of the released 4.16.0.3 in the change log? I see a statement about "Extracted From Public Beta (4.15.1.84)", which is not 4.15.0.30.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Could you pleae be more specific?

Richard Haseltine said:

Imago said:

Broken in what way?