Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• nonesuch00 said

I don't know your exact combination of shaders and DAZ products causing your problem but I have DAZ Studio 4.15.1.96 public beta and nVidia vMaterials 2.0 installed & configured for DAZ Studio and don't have shader problems when rendering.

Completely removed vMaterials 1.7 from Daz and installed 2.0. Seems to works just fine \o/. Sands and trees with 1.7 in the picture would render just black.

Weird thing is that Uber/PBRSkin/vMaterials was rendering correctly - everything else was randomly broke.

xxxxxx.png
    2539 x 1419 - 6M
  • johndoe_36eb90b0johndoe_36eb90b0 Posts: 235
    edited November 2021

I don't even have vMaterials installed and I have the problem.

EDIT: Reverted to 4.15.1.72 until there is a fix for ghost lights, shaders, and hair transparency.

Post edited by johndoe_36eb90b0 on
  • johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

I don't even have vMaterials installed and I have the problem.

Only thing I did was open the Shader Mixer (windows>panes>shader mixer). Edit > Open MDL Directory manager, in Base Paths I had few folders (those used by vMaterials), just removing them bring me back to normal.

• ledom30 said:

Hello. since I installed version 4.15.1.91 (and 4.15.1.96), the skin of my characters is transparent! I am under Windows 11, with an Nvidia 3090 graphics card, driver 472.47 (the latest version). I do my renderings in Iray. I checked the opacity of the surface (cutout opacity). if I use version 4.15.0.30 my renderings are done correctly. I added a checkered background so that we can see it clearly.

I'm surprised not more people reported it. Quick test with Victoria 8 :

Switching SSS mode to mono remove the transparency.

Photoshop_YRkqlYQ7VA.jpg
    2535 x 1421 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

no__name said:

ledom30 said:

Hello. since I installed version 4.15.1.91 (and 4.15.1.96), the skin of my characters is transparent! I am under Windows 11, with an Nvidia 3090 graphics card, driver 472.47 (the latest version). I do my renderings in Iray. I checked the opacity of the surface (cutout opacity). if I use version 4.15.0.30 my renderings are done correctly. I added a checkered background so that we can see it clearly.

I checked the renders I've done again with 4.15.1.96 & yes, the human skin are transparent with that same grid pattern.

• I am seeing the checkerboard transparency issue as well, although it is not as pronounced as the one shared here.  I wonder if these Iray changes are the cause:

• Changed handling of extinction in SSS materials/volumes if non-watertight meshes are used.
    • Improved rendering of SSS materials/volumes (less temporary artifacts, better convergence).
  • I have a weird issue as well, havent run into  shader issues perse, however trying to change geometry into an emmisive crashes the renderer. Also, its not doing a GPU render at all. I have a GTX 1660 card with latest drivers. It lists my card in the advanced tab, and i have changed them and saved, restarted my computer changed them back and saved and restarted my machine. It compiles the shader and when it does the first Iteration it usually says "Cpu" or GPU for render type and then starts counting. Now it says nothing, in my perfomance monitor its using 99% CPU, and 0 percent GPU. The real weird thing is that its loading the scene into the GPU i can see the memory allocation. But its using the CPU to render the scene.

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

no__name said:

ledom30 said:

Was your SSS mode previously set to Chromatic?

I have the Studio team looking into this right now but their test renders have all had non-ghost figures so we are trying to figure out the secret to being able to reproduce this on our side. 

•  

no__name:

I tried to reproduce your problem on my machine with Victoria 8 and Victoria 8.1 using a checkboard background. Can you post a scene file or a material preset so I can try and reproduce the issue?

no__name said:

ledom30 said:

• TWRaven_4227671TWRaven_4227671 Posts: 2
    edited November 2021

D. Robinson,

I tried out rendering the Genesis 8 figure on my desktop with a 1660 Ti (which I am guessing is the same card as yours) with an updated studio driver and it used the GPU as detected by GPU-Z and recorded in the log files. There were no GPU failures. I am using a nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with a TU116 GPU revision A1. I am running Windows 10 with the 472.39 Studio Driver with a Driver Date of Oct 13, 2021. Can you tell me what driver (studio vs. game) and driver version you are using? Also, how complex of a scene are you rendering? You may be running out of VRAM too.

D.Robinson said:

I have a weird issue as well, havent run into  shader issues perse, however trying to change geometry into an emmisive crashes the renderer. Also, its not doing a GPU render at all. I have a GTX 1660 card with latest drivers. It lists my card in the advanced tab, and i have changed them and saved, restarted my computer changed them back and saved and restarted my machine. It compiles the shader and when it does the first Iteration it usually says "Cpu" or GPU for render type and then starts counting. Now it says nothing, in my perfomance monitor its using 99% CPU, and 0 percent GPU. The real weird thing is that its loading the scene into the GPU i can see the memory allocation. But its using the CPU to render the scene.

Post edited by TWRaven_4227671 on
  • TWRaven said:

no__name:

I tried to reproduce your problem on my machine with Victoria 8 and Victoria 8.1 using a checkboard background. Can you post a scene file or a material preset so I can try and reproduce the issue?

DAZ_Rawb said:

Was your SSS mode previously set to Chromatic?

I have the Studio team looking into this right now but their test renders have all had non-ghost figures so we are trying to figure out the secret to being able to reproduce this on our side. 

Drivers are 472.47 (studio)

Skin is default Victoria 8 materials.
    I thought at first mono SSS were not affected, but it is, just at a way lower level
    Default tonemapping/environement setting (hidden dome).
    That said when looking at the raw render the effect can be subtle to catch (I nearly missed it at first).
    If someone got Photoshop, opening raw render with it will make transparency nearly impossible to miss.

duf
    duf
    V8matPreset.duf
    3M
    v8_raw_render.png
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    v8_Photoshop_screenshot.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    g8f_Photoshop_screenshot.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Mine uses 8.1 PBR shaders on some (Rocco) and 8.0 IRay shaders on another (Nikoline for G8F). What all the renders I have done have in common are bright emmissive lights, which is from the Render Studio iRay product. 

• D.RobinsonD.Robinson Posts: 283
    edited November 2021

TWRaven said:

D. Robinson,

I tried out rendering the Genesis 8 figure on my desktop with a 1660 Ti (which I am guessing is the same card as yours) with an updated studio driver and it used the GPU as detected by GPU-Z and recorded in the log files. There were no GPU failures. I am using a nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with a TU116 GPU revision A1. I am running Windows 10 with the 472.39 Studio Driver with a Driver Date of Oct 13, 2021. Can you tell me what driver (studio vs. game) and driver version you are using? Also, how complex of a scene are you rendering? You may be running out of VRAM too.

D.Robinson said:

I have a weird issue as well, havent run into  shader issues perse, however trying to change geometry into an emmisive crashes the renderer. Also, its not doing a GPU render at all. I have a GTX 1660 card with latest drivers. It lists my card in the advanced tab, and i have changed them and saved, restarted my computer changed them back and saved and restarted my machine. It compiles the shader and when it does the first Iteration it usually says "Cpu" or GPU for render type and then starts counting. Now it says nothing, in my perfomance monitor its using 99% CPU, and 0 percent GPU. The real weird thing is that its loading the scene into the GPU i can see the memory allocation. But its using the CPU to render the scene.

I am currently using 496.76 game ready driver. It actually was released yesterday. The scene i am rendering is actually quite simple. 1 gen 2 figure, 1 car, a ground plane and 2 low poly buildings. I hardly ever run out of vram for my work. On rare occasion i do, but its a 6 gig card. I will do some experimenting with the scene, drop elements in and out and see if i can find out whats going on. The other issue is the emmsive shader is messed up. I see from others in this thread that its a known issue. Its a bummer for sure.

PS i also mispoke , i have a GTX 1060 6gig card, not a 1660

Post edited by D.Robinson on
  • @DAZ_Rawb

Try this character's hair:

https://www.daz3d.com/amber-character-and-hair-for-genesis-8-female-s

For me in 4.15.1.96 blonde hair renders almost black (I attached a screenshot few posts back).

• I am also experiencing the Transparency issue like no name.

Older figures do not do this as far as i can see. It is effecting Gen 8 and Gen 8.1 figures. I will test some newer Genesis 3 models and see what happens.

• Is the emissive part of the shader crashing studio? If so, it is related to a problem where if you have bump maps, emission, and cutout opacity? on it crashes studio.

D.Robinson said:

TWRaven said:

D. Robinson,

D.Robinson said:

I am currently using 496.76 game ready driver. It actually was released yesterday. The scene i am rendering is actually quite simple. 1 gen 2 figure, 1 car, a ground plane and 2 low poly buildings. I hardly ever run out of vram for my work. On rare occasion i do, but its a 6 gig card. I will do some experimenting with the scene, drop elements in and out and see if i can find out whats going on. The other issue is the emmsive shader is messed up. I see from others in this thread that its a known issue. Its a bummer for sure.

PS i also mispoke , i have a GTX 1060 6gig card, not a 1660

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370
    edited November 2021

no__name said:

ledom30 said:

I am also experiencing this weird error. I'm using 4.15.1.91

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • skboaskboa Posts: 59

Regarding the transparency issue, I noticed that using a hdri and not showing it, produces the checkerboard in some scenes as well. What really susprised me though is that when I saved a render to show as example here, the checkerbox was just gone.

Could it be that it just shows up in the render window? I know it never showed in iray preview and this was the first time I ever saved such a render... need to do more testing here.

skboa said:

Regarding the transparency issue, I noticed that using a hdri and not showing it, produces the checkerboard in some scenes as well. What really susprised me though is that when I saved a render to show as example here, the checkerbox was just gone.

Could it be that it just shows up in the render window? I know it never showed in iray preview and this was the first time I ever saved such a render... need to do more testing here.

Okay, so it seems to also completely depend on what image viewer you use, so I opened it in a few different ones and especially in photoshop it shows its ugly face:

Top is the render window, bottom is the saved render open in photoshop, viewed in windows native image viewers (old and new) it looks totaly fine, xnview shows some of it, irfanview shows no checkerbox.

aura-test3.jpg
    1311 x 2160 - 1M
  • nonesuch00 said:

no__name said:

ledom30 said:

I checked the renders I've done again with 4.15.1.96 & yes, the human skin are transparent with that same grid pattern.

ah well yes, the problem came from there! thanks :)

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585

I'm also getting the transparency in the render preview. That's with the test scene used in the Benchmark thread.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370

Also, it seems like Spectral rendering is no longer acting the same as before. I previously had skin calibrated with the SSS from "Proper Subsurface Scattering for Iray," but in the latest Beta the skin looks gray, which is how it typically looked in non-Spectral rendering.

Is Spectral working?

• Leonides02 said:

Also, it seems like Spectral rendering is no longer acting the same as before. I previously had skin calibrated with the SSS from "Proper Subsurface Scattering for Iray," but in the latest Beta the skin looks gray, which is how it typically looked in non-Spectral rendering.

Is Spectral working?

Seems working to me. 

Transmitted color seems to no longer create gray/green seams at UV border.

Faithful seems alright, Natural still under-expose spotlights.

I havn't used spectral rendering in ages tho, maybe I miss something.

ball_nospectral.png
    1000 x 1000 - 309K
    ball_spectral.png
    1000 x 1000 - 403K
    zzzzzzz.jpg
    1137 x 1925 - 932K
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

Any chance to see the Timeline and the Autofit fixed soon or later? At least those two, for the Frame Selected and the Puppeteer I gave up three years ago...

I can't load ANY of my old scenes in 4.15, ALL the clothes and hair gets deformed, misplaced or weirdly resized! This happens when the char has some of its "size" parameters not at default value.

For the timeline, it still refuse to move the triangles until you hit the "Create kayframe" button in the timeline itself, it's just obnoxious do it at EVERY keyframe! Just think a complex scene with multiple chars with multiple clothes fitted on them... One of the simpliest have "just" 80 keyframes for a single char, so I have to click on that button 80 times for every char in order to be able to move the triangles and rearrange the animation!

I know I "could" move the circles, but try to do it... It's just crazy!

In 4.12.0.86 everything works fine! Please give us animators a tad more consideration.

using oot, left 4.15.0.2, right current beta.

eburnbeta.jpg
    2760 x 660 - 825K
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

We have raised these issues to Nvidia and they are working on fixes for them. Thank you all for doing such a great job of testing, I really appreciate it.

In the next day or two you are going to see a Daz Studio 4.16 release, it was originally planned to go out with this new version of Iray but with the issues that you all have found we are going to hold that back. Instead the 4.16 release of Daz Studio is going to be more closely based on 4.15.0.30 with some enhancements for an upcoming new type of content (keep your eyes peeled). Those enhancements for the new type of content are in this beta as well, so feel free to try it out.

We will be continuing work on this beta and be giving you updates when we get the fixes back from the team at Nvidia, they have been working hard and have fixed most of the issues already but we now need to wait for a release from them. You'll also probably see an update (not this week) to change the version number of this so that it makes a little more sense.

• DAZ_Rawb said:

We have raised these issues to Nvidia and they are working on fixes for them. Thank you all for doing such a great job of testing, I really appreciate it.

In the next day or two you are going to see a Daz Studio 4.16 release, it was originally planned to go out with this new version of Iray but with the issues that you all have found we are going to hold that back. Instead the 4.16 release of Daz Studio is going to be more closely based on 4.15.0.30 with some enhancements for an upcoming new type of content (keep your eyes peeled). Those enhancements for the new type of content are in this beta as well, so feel free to try it out.

We will be continuing work on this beta and be giving you updates when we get the fixes back from the team at Nvidia, they have been working hard and have fixed most of the issues already but we now need to wait for a release from them. You'll also probably see an update (not this week) to change the version number of this so that it makes a little more sense.

i told you guys before it will be 4.16 . that is Awesome Studio update before the Holidays .wink

• lukaluka Posts: 0

Hi there,

I don't know if anyone reported this or had this kind of issues, but my Ghostlights are not working once I updated to 4.15.1.91 or 4.15.1.96. They are working on 4.15.0.30 and 4.15.1.72 so hopefully someone knows what's going on. I'm using a 3090 with the latest Studio drivers 472.47 and windows 10 v21H1.

bad v1-96.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 90K
    good v0.30.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 151K
    good v1.72.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 151K
  • luka said:

Hi there,

I don't know if anyone reported this or had this kind of issues, but my Ghostlights are not working once I updated to 4.15.1.91 or 4.15.1.96. They are working on 4.15.0.30 and 4.15.1.72 so hopefully someone knows what's going on. I'm using a 3090 with the latest Studio drivers 472.47 and windows 10 v21H1.

Yes, this is a known issue due to a chnage nVidia made to Iray (which is more physically correct, but a nuisance). I don't know if that is oen of the things that is being fixed by the nVidia team, since it arguably isn't a bug as such.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

4.16 has shown up in DIM for the BETA and normal release. Is it okay? I don't see a thread about it.