• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

thank you all, great model by ten24
    here is a try with a different skin set

33.jpg
    1464 x 2000 - 1M
  • pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Working with displacement map and a little postwork.
    Low resolution image because my old pc (only dual core) is very slow :red:

tecnnoangel_2014.jpg
    2000 x 865 - 1M
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2014

I've been trying to work on my modeling skills; I'm not totally thrilled with this arm, especially the elbow area, but I think I'm getting a little better with each thing I attempt.

The character is Victoria 4 with the arm and forearm switched to not visible, textures adjusted in Carrara, and cyber arm entirely modeled in Carrara, I adjusted the shadows some, clone stamped out a little bit of visible nipple, added the DOF using the depth pass and added my signature in Photoshop but otherwise this is the straight Carrara 8.5 render.

I tried turning on caustics, thinking I might get some cool reflected lights, but all I got was a smattering of bright little spots. :(

Mark

(Mod edit: image removed as per forum ToS.)

EDIT: Sorry about that - I thought I had posed and edited the image enough to pass. I posted another version below with the torso completely cropped out to show just the shoulder and arm. - Mark

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:
    I've been trying to work on my modeling skills; I'm not totally thrilled with this arm, especially the elbow area, but I think I'm getting a little better with each thing I attempt.

The character is Victoria 4 with the arm and forearm switched to not visible, textures adjusted in Carrara, and cyber arm entirely modeled in Carrara, I adjusted the shadows some, clone stamped out a little bit of visible nipple, added the DOF using the depth pass and added my signature in Photoshop but otherwise this is the straight Carrara 8.5 render.

I tried turning on caustics, thinking I might get some cool reflected lights, but all I got was a smattering of bright little spots. :(

Mark

Turn the filter size up in Caustics to see if that helps.

edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:

Mark

Forgot to add that that looks really cool. What don't you like about the elbow?

edited December 1969

pimpy said:

Really neat render. Anybody that sees this, click on the picture to expand it, so that you see the really cool details in this scene!

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Another really great render!

pimpy said:

Very impressive - especially for a dual core machine!

Mark

I really like it Mark - very well done! The arm/elbow looks good to me.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I'm with evil on this one -- that cyber arm looks really good. Keep posting work on it, I'm curious to see where you take it.

edited December 1969

Whoops! Apparently the full image violated the TOS. I thought I had been careful enough with the posing and editing that it didn't, but I guess it was a borderline case and the mods decided I was not careful enough. Genuinely sorry about that!

Here's a cropped version showing just the arm, which is really what I wanted to show. :)

JustArm.jpg
    750 x 1116 - 49K
    edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:
    Whoops! Apparently the full image violated the TOS. I thought I had been careful enough with the posing and editing that it didn't, but I guess it was a borderline case and the mods decided I was not careful enough. Genuinely sorry about that!

Here's a cropped version showing just the arm, which is really what I wanted to show. :)

Shoulda' grabbed some typical skankware and metalized it. ;-)

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my "in-progress" cyberarm.

I misjudged the length of the upper arm when modeling it and had to stretch it a bit to fit in the Assembly room, so a part that is supposed to be round is now a bit egg shaped. Also, where the forearm and the upper arm meet, I don't have any logical connection between them, so I hid it with that cup shaped piece right at the elbow. It looks ok, but knowing that it doesn't really make any mechanical sense bothers me.

Mark

edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:
    Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my "in-progress" cyberarm.

I misjudged the length of the upper arm when modeling it and had to stretch it a bit to fit in the Assembly room, so a part that is supposed to be round is now a bit egg shaped. Also, where the forearm and the upper arm meet, I don't have any logical connection between them, so I hid it with that cup shaped piece right at the elbow. It looks ok, but knowing that it doesn't really make any mechanical sense bothers me.

Mark

I just figured that oval shaped bit was due to the angle it was at relative to the camera. It still looks great. Now go and find some robotic skankware so you can put the whole thing up again. Got to keep the Puritans happy!

edited November 2014

thank you Cripeman and Dustrider,
    minor adjustments here in post

5.jpg
    1565 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Isn't that Edinburgh?
    He's on my wishlist and about to go on sale...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

Ouch!
    Awesome renders, all! Bravo!
    Remo, that last one looks eerily like one of my students of custom stone from about twelve years ago... I mean... that's him!

edited December 1969

@ estroyer: yes he's Edinburgh by Danae except for eyes: Look at my eyes 2, here: http://www.daz3d.com/look-at-me-eyes-2

@ DartanBeck: thank you mon amì, the C engine does its work fine but a couple of issues are always along the way (teeth and ears

in primis).

I struggle to find a wig that's okay for him, which hairstyle did your friend had? I would get himself up like Stephen Baldwin in The Flinsotnes

movie :cheese:

edited November 2014

His (Garret) was sort of like this, but many styles would work with that face
    this hair is for G2, what figure are you using?
    http://www.daz3d.com/sai-fon-hair-for-genesis-2-male-s

Hair-SaiFon.jpg
    380 x 494 - 18K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

I struggle sometimes with teeth too. So I've gone to my original style of Light Design, using no GI. Then add subtle helpers to assist. If I get the angle just right, and parent the light to the head, I can get just what I need throughout the entire animation sequence, which can amount to dozens of individual animated renders - just carrying the same rig through. I'll actually parent the whole rig to the character(s) and save the character that way, for specific sessions. Works great - I Love the Carrara Browser!

edited December 1969

I struggle sometimes with teeth too. So I've gone to my original style of Light Design, using no GI. Then add subtle helpers to assist. If I get the angle just right, and parent the light to the head, I can get just what I need throughout the entire animation sequence, which can amount to dozens of individual animated renders - just carrying the same rig through. I'll actually parent the whole rig to the character(s) and save the character that way, for specific sessions. Works great - I Love the Carrara Browser!

thank you DB for the hint, I'll try your method as well as a short hair like that one, maybe zac hair will do the job, it works fine on M4
    About teeth I guess the issue is due to AO and/or glow applied on them, well more other funny times for magaremoto :-)

edited December 1969

thank you DB for the hint, I'll try your method as well as a short hair like that one, maybe zac hair will do the job, it works fine on M4
    About teeth I guess the issue is due to AO and/or glow applied on them, well more other funny times for magaremoto :-)Yeah... I was looking for Zac hair, but had to get going to work... that looks a lot like his! :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited December 1969

Decided to venture into Runtimes unknown and render something with what I've found but never if very rarely used...

most of it I didn't know I had!

Unused_stuff.jpg
    900 x 675 - 508K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Decided to venture into Runtimes unknown and render something with what I've found but never if very rarely used...

most of it I didn't know I had!

That is fantastic! I am now wondering if I have those same items buried in my runtime. Only problem is the title. It is now "used" stuff. ;-) There is a regular challenge in the commons for using random combinations of old stuff from your runtime (RRRR) if you want to check it out.

edited December 1969

first try with zac hair, no postwork

ss.jpg
    1565 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Just a weird idea I had. ;)

Carrara 8.5 render; the only post work is adding some extra suds, a slight vignette and adding my signature.

TheQueensDayOff.jpg
    1200 x 1400 - 183K
    edited December 1969

Stezza - Very cool!
    Magaremoto - Zac hair looks pretty good on him ;)
    MDO - In this case, Weird = Very Cool!!!

Fine renders!

edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:
    Just a weird idea I had. ;)

Carrara 8.5 render; the only post work is adding some extra suds, a slight vignette and adding my signature.

Haha! That's cool!
    edited December 1969

another closeup
    such a good map would deserve an actual carrara hair, yet pretty difficult to my skills

Doc40.JPG
    1400 x 1820 - 2M
    edited November 2014

another indoor-outdoor lighting test, minor work in post

Doc200.JPG
    2000 x 1535 - 2M
    aa.jpg
    2000 x 1535 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited December 1969

I'm working on a Rubik's Cube model for a project I've had in mind for ages, but my skill level has never been up to it. For a simple little toy it's deceptively difficult to model for a beginner. Next step is to cut up my model so I can twist it. :)

Here's a quick test render. Modeled, textured and rendered in Carrara 8.5 Pro. No post work.

Mark

TestRender_1000px.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 69K
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

I think it looks awesome.

This discussion has been closed.