Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

178101213100

Comments

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,009
    edited December 1969

    Had been having strange render room errors. Never figured out what caused them. Not sure why they stopped. "The Birds" probably would have said it better, but I had the creech figure from when I bought poser. Anyway, glad to be rendering again.

    render_error_black_lagoon.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 354K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,959
    edited December 1969

    diomede64 said:
    Had been having strange render room errors. Never figured out what caused them. Not sure why they stopped. "The Birds" probably would have said it better, but I had the creech figure from when I bought poser. Anyway, glad to be rendering again.

    Glad things are working again for you!

    Nice render. A wee suggestion.... if he's moving... then even though she is limp in his arms, her hanging-down hair should show some motion vs as it looks as if he's standing stock still. Or is he? Sorry if I have that wrong.

    Just grab a couple of guide hairs on the side facing the camera and whip them out. That should give a more natural look.

    :) Silene

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,009
    edited December 1969

    Thanks for the suggestions, Silene. That would make it much better. Actually, I was just doing a test because of the render room errors so I just wanted to make sure that I had hair, a replicator, plants, water reflection, etc. to see if the error occurred again. I don't plan to do anything more with the lagoon. But if I do, your ideas would improve it a lot.

    I don't suppose anyone else had the strange render room error?

  • Cross22Cross22 Posts: 66
    edited November 2014

    EDIT: Removed- wrong thread

    Post edited by Cross22 on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,644
    edited December 1969

    thanks SileneUk :)
    believe it or not I am still waiting for my board! (I havent seen it it's being made 7 hours drive away) so fingers crossed :)
    My piece did get a small mention in the Newspaper art review - so that was cool :)

    I had another one done at a Sydney Printer 78 by 181 cm at 300 dpi, on super paper and it looks grande (so I think it's the printer you pick) Cost my just under $400 dollars though with postage - off to the framers tomorrow

    Wow, Andrew, that is powerful…the body paintwork is amazing and I enjoyed reading about the two warding off the evil eye (Boori Nazar).

    Congratulations!!!

    By the way, how did your large format print come out with the 150 vs 300 dpi??? Is that what you meant by the details in the dark parts?

    grin Silene

  • EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

    Studying lighting, here is another render:

    locationLocationLocation1.png
    1024 x 768 - 501K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

    Eyos said:
    Studying lighting, here is another render:

    nice - think I will wait for next car

  • EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

    I think I should call the picture: "Home? How?..."
    :)

  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,959
    edited November 2014

    I just wanted to thank all who have helped me so far with my ongoing project with book covers. :cheese:
    I sort of got thrown in at the deep end with Carrara to crank these out and still have two more to go :gulp:, but feel I have learned so much from all the very kind and patient boardies here. Thank you so much for helping me muddle through these. I hope I am improving. :kiss:

    Now... Susan Henry is my friend and is a lovely lass from South Shields,Tyne and Wear which is in the northeast of England and I did do these for her gratis as she is an indie author and was very involved with the styling and presentation. :-P

    If you have any interest in alternative universe prehistoric fiction, have a look at the first group. The books are all tied together in a saga and the last two will be as well. (Thorn's Tale & Gentle-The Cruel Path) Just FYI: Two of the books are more expensive as they are omnibus editions and the paperbacks are pricey as they are printed on demand via Create Space. So, Misty is Book 1 / Kenig is Books 2+3 / Gulec is Books 4+5 / and finally Books 6 + 7 will be Thorn and Gentle respectively when their covers are done. They just have generic Create Space covers now.

    There are BACKS to all these covers with added scenery, but you have to choose the paperback option to see them. Create Space puts the thumbnails up in all sorts of sizes and colour intensity no matter how I stick to their dimension and colour requirements for PB or Kindle. Kinda of hit or miss with them. But I have ordered all the paperbacks of everything and they came out fine, nice and crisp and rich, especially the Magical Wall series.

    These are links to Amazon UK. I am not sure if Create Space has updated all the new covers onto the US site yet, but you can enter the titles if interested and see what comes up.

    Misty Spirit

    Kenig - Man of the Kin

    Gulec-Young Kir-Ahn

    And these are her Magical Wall children's series in the Narnia vein. The covers are the same, just different titles and some textures.

    Book 1 - The Magical Wall

    Book 2 - The Magical Wall : Kimi's Rescue

    Book 3 - The Magical Wall: Warden of the March

    Book 4 - The Magical Wall: The Forbidden Realm

    Thanks for looking and thanks for all the help from posts and PM's. It's what makes the Carrara Forum so fantastic!
    Hopefully by next spring I will be starting on my own illustrated stories for publication.Then Susan can help me! I still have educational courses to take as well. Knowing the quality of the help here is what makes me believe it will actually happen.

    Sorry to be long winded.....

    %-P Silene

    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,614
    edited December 1969

    head wax said:
    nufin serious, just started having my work printed out pigment prints on watercolour paper etc, biggest work so far has been 78cm by 181cm, looks a charm if watch the contrats/ detail in the darks

    there's one of them on show in a gallery here in Newcastle Oz at the moment,
    there's a picture of it here and details in this online magazine page 97 ,
    thanks for looking ;)

    http://issuu.com/robynwerkhoven/docs/slp_arts_zine_nov-dec_2014_-/1


    Congratz on getting your work into a gallery show! Very impressed with the image as well!
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,614
    edited December 1969

    de3an said:
    Most of my stuff seems to end up in a dark, dusty sector of my hard drive. Usually unfinished. So I don't get around to posting very often. But this one turned out kind of nice I think.
    After poking at it for way too long, I guess it's "finished".
    It's the DAZ barn with a little interior modification. The figure is Stephanie, with several of the alternate personality morphs tweaked into it.
    The outdoor background is a photo that I took.
    I was contemplating this as a possible entry for last month's Carrara contest, but I don't think it had all of the required elements for that month's rules.

    The barn looks fantastic, the textures and lighting are perfect!
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,614
    edited December 1969

    Eyos said:
    Studying lighting, here is another render:


    Those pesky little kitty's! Looks really really good, as does the elephant.
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,614
    edited December 1969

    SileneUK said:
    I just wanted to thank all who have helped me so far with my ongoing project with book covers. :cheese:
    I sort of got thrown in at the deep end with Carrara to crank these out and still have two more to go :gulp:, but feel I have learned so much from all the very kind and patient boardies here. Thank you so much for helping me muddle through these. I hope I am improving. :kiss:

    Now... Susan Henry is my friend and is a lovely lass from South Shields,Tyne and Wear which is in the northeast of England and I did do these for her gratis as she is an indie author and was very involved with the styling and presentation. :-P

    If you have any interest in alternative universe prehistoric fiction, have a look at the first group. The books are all tied together in a saga and the last two will be as well. (Thorn's Tale & Gentle-The Cruel Path) Just FYI: Two of the books are more expensive as they are omnibus editions and the paperbacks are pricey as they are printed on demand via Create Space. So, Misty is Book 1 / Kenig is Books 2+3 / Gulec is Books 4+5 / and finally Books 6 + 7 will be Thorn and Gentle respectively when their covers are done. They just have generic Create Space covers now.

    There are BACKS to all these covers with added scenery, but you have to choose the paperback option to see them. Create Space puts the thumbnails up in all sorts of sizes and colour intensity no matter how I stick to their dimension and colour requirements for PB or Kindle. Kinda of hit or miss with them. But I have ordered all the paperbacks of everything and they came out fine, nice and crisp and rich, especially the Magical Wall series.

    These are links to Amazon UK. I am not sure if Create Space has updated all the new covers onto the US site yet, but you can enter the titles if interested and see what comes up.

    Misty Spirit

    Kenig - Man of the Kin

    Gulec-Young Kir-Ahn

    And these are her Magical Wall children's series in the Narnia vein. The covers are the same, just different titles and some textures.

    Book 1 - The Magical Wall

    Book 2 - The Magical Wall : Kimi's Rescue

    Book 3 - The Magical Wall: Warden of the March

    Book 4 - The Magical Wall: The Forbidden Realm

    Thanks for looking and thanks for all the help from posts and PM's. It's what makes the Carrara Forum so fantastic!
    Hopefully by next spring I will be starting on my own illustrated stories for publication.Then Susan can help me! I still have educational courses to take as well. Knowing the quality of the help here is what makes me believe it will actually happen.

    Sorry to be long winded.....

    %-P Silene


    Wow! Congratulations Silene on all those covers. Very well done, you've come a very long way in a very short time with Carrara.
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,644
    edited December 1969

    dustrider said:
    head wax said:
    nufin serious, just started having my work printed out pigment prints on watercolour paper etc, biggest work so far has been 78cm by 181cm, looks a charm if watch the contrats/ detail in the darks

    there's one of them on show in a gallery here in Newcastle Oz at the moment,
    there's a picture of it here and details in this online magazine page 97 ,
    thanks for looking ;)

    http://issuu.com/robynwerkhoven/docs/slp_arts_zine_nov-dec_2014_-/1


    Congratz on getting your work into a gallery show! Very impressed with the image as well!

    thank you - a collector even bought one !

  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,644
    edited December 1969

    Thanks for looking and thanks for all the help from posts and PM’s. It’s what makes the Carrara Forum so fantastic!
    Hopefully by next spring I will be starting on my own illustrated stories for publication.Then Susan can help me! I still have educational courses to take as well. Knowing the quality of the help here is what makes me believe it will actually happen.

    Sorry to be long winded…..

    Silene

    congrats, that's a wonderful body of work - you should be very proud of yourself

  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,614
    edited December 1969

    head wax said:
    dustrider said:
    head wax said:
    nufin serious, just started having my work printed out pigment prints on watercolour paper etc, biggest work so far has been 78cm by 181cm, looks a charm if watch the contrats/ detail in the darks

    there's one of them on show in a gallery here in Newcastle Oz at the moment,
    there's a picture of it here and details in this online magazine page 97 ,
    thanks for looking ;)

    http://issuu.com/robynwerkhoven/docs/slp_arts_zine_nov-dec_2014_-/1


    Congratz on getting your work into a gallery show! Very impressed with the image as well!

    thank you - a collector even bought one !
    That is simply awesome!!

  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,614
    edited November 2014

    I thought maybe I should start posting a few renders done with the Octane plugin here, since there may be people would be interested in seeing the renders, but not going through all the discussion in the Octane thread. If y'all would prefer this to be a Carrara internal rederer only thread, just let me know and I'll "cease and desist" :-)

    This was the final draft render I did leading up to the actual final render for the the Annual PC render contest. I wasn't completely happy with it, and made a few changes to it for the final version. But, I still really like this version so I thought I'd share it rather than just letting it sit on my hard drive. The final version can be seen here: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/43777

    There is no post work (other than re-sizing) on this image, and the final render had just a touch of adjustment to the levels and a sig added. The major changes were the lighting, the hair, the materials on the spell/plasma ball, and the framing/zoom. I really like how the spell ball came out in the final version. the base model and texture map is from Shadowcaster Spellribbons available here (was PC a freebie years ago) which has two round planes enclosed by two spheres. I set it up with a fairly complex shader combination of SSS for volumetrics on the sphere and some blackbody emitters.

    It would be quite easy to do a very similar setup/image using Carrara's internal renderer, with very similar quality, but it's simply soooo much easier and fun for me in Octane.

    Oh....the figure is a G2F/V6 based character. Please click on the image, as the down sampling for the forum really reduces the quality/impact of the image, the textures on the outfit are amazingly detailed.

    Mage_Tower.jpg
    2000 x 1700 - 616K
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,185
    edited December 1969

    congrats SileneUK, very imaginative and inspiring
    Dustrider wow :ohh: some uncertanties on hair but very realistic. I think such high definiton and sharpness are very hard to achieve in carrara

  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,644
    edited December 1969

    It would be quite easy to do a very similar setup/image using Carrara’s internal renderer, with very similar quality, but it’s simply soooo much easier and fun for me in Octane.

    Oh….the figure is a G2F/V6 based character. Please click on the image, as the down sampling for the forum really reduces the quality/impact of the image, the textures on the outfit are amazingly detailed.

    Dustrider, that's an amazing render, interestingly how close to reality it is, but doesn't cross that fine line that weirds us out. Wonderful the composition and the pose looks so natural. In a way I prefer this to the finished work because we get more involved in the whole scene, - whereas in the finished work it's more about the girl

  • cripemancripeman Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

    This is a render of Nybras using the glare effect.

    Nybras,jpeg.jpg
    1280 x 1707 - 622K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

    cripeman said:
    This is a render of Nybras using the glare effect.

    fire looks cool

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 18,491
    edited December 1969

    cripeman said:
    This is a render of Nybras using the glare effect.
    Fantabulicious!
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 18,491
    edited December 1969

    dustrider said:
    I thought maybe I should start posting a few renders done with the Octane plugin here, since there may be people would be interested in seeing the renders, but not going through all the discussion in the Octane thread.
    Thanks for that! Wow... fine job! Wonderful render, my friend!
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,644
    edited December 1969

    cripeman said:
    This is a render of Nybras using the glare effect.

    good enough for a Tarot Card that one :)

  • cripemancripeman Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

    Thanx Guys ... I was shooting for a tarot card kinda render.... :)

  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,185
    edited December 1969

    another skin test with daylight, some issues on loaded maps

    ten24_head_displ2.jpg
    1400 x 1670 - 835K
  • EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

    WOW, looks so real!!

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,009
    edited December 1969

    Eyos said:
    WOW, looks so real!!

    Yes, great work.

  • EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

    Just exploring lighting and shaders, no artistic aspirations...

    YellowCar2.png
    1024 x 768 - 583K
  • cripemancripeman Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

    wow magarmoto!!! great render

This discussion has been closed.