Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    Snipped

Erm... isn't it against TOS to promote books or art here that is for sale elsewhere? :ohh:

:) Silene

No, especially not if they are made using DAZ 3D content or programs.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    bigh, nice bear! But the question now is, does a bear crap in the woods or on a footbridge?

Silene, that looks great! Glad I was able to help you out. BTW, that text looks a little blurry. You may want to fix it before you submit it. ;-)

Pimpy, very cool scene. Love the frogs hopping across the road. Whent through North Dakota once in lizard season. Looked a lot like that, but with more scurrying and no hopping. Still made the same kind of mess.

Erm... isn't it against TOS to promote books or art here that is for sale elsewhere? :ohh:

I am going to try your skin shader soon, it's all those layers to apply it that might be intimidating me.

I'd be the one poo-ing on the footbridge!

Nice frogs caught in the headlamps, Pimpy... It reminded me of the crabs that do that someplace in the world... but that would be too messy.

Could be. I was just trying to make a joke. I knew you purposely blurred it for any number of legitimate reasons.

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    bigh, nice bear! But the question now is, does a bear crap in the woods or on a footbridge?

Silene, that looks great! Glad I was able to help you out. BTW, that text looks a little blurry. You may want to fix it before you submit it. ;-)

Pimpy, very cool scene. Love the frogs hopping across the road. Whent through North Dakota once in lizard season. Looked a lot like that, but with more scurrying and no hopping. Still made the same kind of mess.

I am going to try your skin shader soon, it's all those layers to apply it that might be intimidating me.

I'd be the one poo-ing on the footbridge!

Nice frogs caught in the headlamps, Pimpy... It reminded me of the crabs that do that someplace in the world... but that would be too messy.

If you're using a V4 figure, drag the shader to the multi-colored ball at the top of the domain list and drop it. It should fill in the shading domains for you.

The only reason I say to use a V4 is because the distribution maps to soften the transitions between the lips and face, and nipples and torso were painted on a V4, so the UVs are based on that. You could replace the distribution maps in the nipples and lips domains with ones for A3, M3, Genesis 2 male or female, etc. etc. with no problem. You would just need to find the template and use an airbrush tool in PS or another image editor to paint a black and white image with feathered edges.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited December 1969

not really a render, but parts of it are renders combined - along with ron's brushes
    this is the design that will go on the bottom of my new board - so the framing will be different - it's influenced by Blade Runner , that almost human replicant thing

AndrewFinnieKneeboardSendDa.jpg
    2000 x 606 - 486K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    not really a render, but parts of it are renders combined - along with ron's brushes
    this is the design that will go on the bottom of my new board - so the framing will be different - it's influenced by Blade Runner , that almost human replicant thing

Hello Head Wax

Very nice, love the faces within the structure.

Comment (no offense intended as I really do love it), the pipes that run horizontally in the centre of the picture, on the right hand side they feed into a guage/circle. At the left hand side they just end. Is this on purpose ?
    Or would it help the look if they fed into another circle/guage in the background, or another face ?
    ( I personally thought it would fit in nicely if they fed into another face in the background in the same way that you have the other faces integrated into the scene )

It's your render, it's only a comment from me on what I could see/feel from the render.
    Love the work, also had a look at your website, great work in there as well !!!!!!

(On the Cathedral I have almost finished the plan view Number 2 as I found a better one to work from.
    Hoping to get into the modeling side of things next week. If I make good progress I will keep you informed in the other thread)

edited December 1969

Hi Bunyip02, nice call, yes the image could be much better integrated - the organic and the non organic - your idea is very good.
    I sent it off to the printers yesterday but would be very happy if he says he didnt get it so I could do more work on it.
    When I started the image i didnt know where I was going - I started with a medusa head I made many years ago and wanted to use that, but the res wasnt high enough (the final image is 72 inches wide by 150 dpi)

and I knew I wanted to get the Blade runner quote in there as well

but now I know where I wanted to go, but just didn't quite make it :)
    If I had my druthers I would make it cleaner and more precise rather than having some of the layers transparent etc

great news about the cathedral - I am impressed! looking forward to seeing the results

thanks for the feeedbackon the image too :)

cheers from here

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Wow headwax, that's fantastic, crazy interesting and nuanced, so cool and well textured. Major kudos!

edited December 1969

ha ha , thanks :)

I did it after a hard day of doing santa claus renders _ I picked up a big commission here recently for our Council - but I'm starting to dream about it - actually santa was in there for a while but I managed to cyborg him out :)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    I started with a medusa head I made many years ago and wanted to use that, but the res wasnt high enough (the final image is 72 inches wide by 150 dpi)

That is so coooool!! Don't you need 300 dpi for printing?

:wow: Silene

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    head wax said:
    I started with a medusa head I made many years ago and wanted to use that, but the res wasnt high enough (the final image is 72 inches wide by 150 dpi)

thanks !

yes I always work at 300 dpi - the printer asked for 150 dpi, so hopefully he knows his gear!!

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    SileneUK said:
    head wax said:

thanks !

yes I always work at 300 dpi - the printer asked for 150 dpi, so hopefully he knows his gear!!

I am surprised at that... truly, especially at those dimensions. Is it a walk-in and pick-up local service or an online printer? Downsampling is a huge industry no-no. If you have that in writing and it does not come out to your satisfaction, make them do it again!

:-/ Silene

edited December 1969

thanks for that advice,

yes it is on an online decal service that my board shaper uses
    trouble is, I wont see the art work until I see the board - and by then it will be sitting under a layer of resin!

fingers crossed!

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    thanks for that advice,

yes it is on an online decal service that my board shaper uses
    trouble is, I wont see the art work until I see the board - and by then it will be sitting under a layer of resin!

fingers crossed!

Perhaps you can ask your board-shaper to give it a good look. At that size if it's blurred or pixelated, I think he will notice. But if he contracted the printer for you and you don't like the end result, it needs to be done again. If you are selling it or exhibiting it, you want it right.

Post a pic with you by your art!

Good luck!

x Silene

edited December 1969

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hey, that is some seriously cool work right there - and you're going to stand on it in the ocean!

No need for any mind-altering substances - you'll have it all right under you:)

Cheers!

edited October 2014

Thought I would post another take on Evil Producer's FREEBIE procedural skin shader here (since last ones on thread below) so it might get some more views by people who might have a phobia about these things, like I thought I'd have.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46128/

I can't stop playing with this...it's so addictive and as long as I write down my level changes and save things, I'm OK. Just trying a different skin tone and eye colour, etc out. So much easier than messing with texture maps for some things.

If I can use this and play with it, anyone can. It's a piece of cake to install on a V4 figure. Save shader to Shaders tab. Then just drag and drop onto the Multi-Colour Ball at the top of the shader tree. And wah-lah...all the bits fall onto her bits in the right places. Magic! Best to put on a fresh Vickie with standard shaders/textures in place.

Thanks again, Evil!

ETA: I tried to use SSS a bit, especially as I know her palms should be lighter but didn't know how to split that shading area to do that without losing the hierarchy.

Vics4.png
    1472 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by SileneUK on
    edited December 1969

Hey, that's a great job on altering the pigment! I've been meaning to do something like that as well, but learning my lines and my rehearsal schedule have sapped away at my free time.

I have been working on an SSS version to see how it works. I'll check to see where I may have left off.

edited December 1969

Hey, that's a great job on altering the pigment! I've been meaning to do something like that as well, but learning my lines and my rehearsal schedule have sapped away at my free time.

I have been working on an SSS version to see how it works. I'll check to see where I may have left off.

I said that wrong... I did use "some" SSS so she would not look so matt finished, Then increased turbulence to get the texture back up. Just an amateur try. Next I will try and go green!

But I meant I wanted to split the hands shading area so the palms, and guess soles of feet should be done as well, could be shaded lighter. I had her darker but could not get it to look natural so settled for a warm deep tone.

Are you in a play/musical??? Enquiring minds want to know!

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:

Yup! Not a musical though. I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle. Do to stage availability it's going to be one of those minimalist black box type shows. Not my favorite format, but beggars can't be choosers. It's actually two one act plays.

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:

Yup! Not a musical though. I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle. Do to stage availability it's going to be one of those minimalist black box type shows. Not my favorite format, but beggars can't be choosers. It's actually two one act plays.

Post a piccie link of you in the show when you have one! :-P Silene

edited December 1969

To avoid the flat look in the skin when using an HDRI or a light dome, you could use a light to provide highlights. Because of the atmospheric type light provided by the HDRI or light dome, the intensity of the highlight light doesn't need to be very high. I usually start around 40% or 50% to start and then go up or down from there depending on my scene. If I'm using an HDRI or some other image I try and match the angle and color of the light to the highlights in the background image.

If you're using one of DTs HDRI sets, then he usually has a light included in his preset scenes, although I tend to dial the intensity down a bit. Still, it's great to have the light because he has already aimed the light.

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Hey, that is some seriously cool work right there - and you're going to stand on it in the ocean!

No need for any mind-altering substances - you'll have it all right under you:)

Cheers!

hehe,thanks Roygee, I have already had my mind altered I think :)

SileneUK - nice work, I dont think a denisovan woman has ever looked so attractive :)

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited October 2014

Playing around with the Octane Render demo for Carrara while I save up :-) Mainly focusing on eyes and skin detail right now.

octanetest.jpg
    1021 x 613 - 376K
    Post edited by stringtheory9 on
  • Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited October 2014

I dunno, another unfinished W.I.P. Decided to get my inner Sock Monkey on today. Pretty rough, was experimenting with bump and normal.

sockmoneyrogues.jpg
    800 x 554 - 227K
    Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Playing around with the Octane Render demo for Carrara while I save up :-) Mainly focusing on eyes and skin detail right now.

Looks great!
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

testing light and ambient occlusion

dining.jpg
    2000 x 1052 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Wow.. I can even read the titles on the books!

Only thing I cannot see is the flat-screen on that dark wall. Otherwise AMAZING as usual.

I have some of your products and want to compliment you on their reasonable pricing for such useful tools!

xx :) Silene

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I often think that your images are too bright for my taste (sorry), but this one is exceptionally well done !
    I must say that it's the first time that I see a so realistic lighting.
    Congratulation!

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:

Wow.. I can even read the titles on the books!

Only thing I cannot see is the flat-screen on that dark wall. Otherwise AMAZING as usual.

I have some of your products and want to compliment you on their reasonable pricing for such useful tools!

xx :) Silene

thank you SileneUK, too kind,
    the set has been taken somewhere from here: http://www.sketchuptexture.com/
    and I had a lot of fun to set up shaders and lighting; that's why I love carrara, a diamond in the rough to be worked finely

edited December 1969

I often think that your images are too bright for my taste (sorry), but this one is exceptionally well done !
    I must say that it's the first time that I see a so realistic lighting.
    Congratulation!

yes they are, because I've always been working for images to be reproduced on tablets and smartphones where contrast is more enhanced and colors more brilliant; this is the reason you see washed and bright images (but not on my 24" led monitor) :-P

This discussion has been closed.