Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696

still a bit new to daz

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Jada 8.1, Tworest eyebrows, Tallia hair, Oso Alien Scenery backdrop, one of Orestes' skies

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited September 2021

Are you Zen? No matter what?

21_xmasrose-promo A.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • SonayMonaySonayMonay Posts: 12
    edited September 2021

My Gallery:

SonayMonay

Post edited by SonayMonay on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Bonnie with some very accurate 1920s hair and outfit. Well... film accurate

and if youre saing "now wait a minute they didn't have poofy glowing hair in the 20s :("

behold

and if you think thats wild

• Awesome nice renders there :)

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299

Forward Operation

While most major events of the Afghanistan conflict that Athena fought in would be familiar to people from our own timeline, the actual on-the-ground tactics and equipment were (unsurprisingly) very different.

Autonomous military drones had been involved in ground, aerial and naval operations in conflicts in the late 1990s, but the Afghanistan conflict was the first major conflict in the wake of the 2001 Berlin Convention and its effective outlawing of unaccountable autonomous weapons.

As the reintroduction of accountable operators in the loop was so recent, most NATO forces only had access to a limited number of relatively inexperienced drone operators during the early days of the conflict; naturally, this limited the number of operations where the drones could be deployed.

Consequently, the relatively small numbers of HUGV (Heavy Unmanned Ground Vehicle) drones in most NATO armouries saw disproportionate deployment during the early years of the conflict; originally intended as mid-weight support for drone deployments, the HUGV's battlefield role was most dissimilar to traditional infantry or tracked vehicles - carrying more firepower than the former, but remaining more mobile in urban environments than the latter - making them a logical choice to prioritise for the limited numbers of trained operators.

As more operators were trained, and the software interfaces better optimised to allow operators to handle more drones simultaneously, standard infantry drones were brought to the field to be deployed in greater numbers, frequently accompanying human deployments so that semi-autonomous drones could take hazardous positions in patrols. As significant upgrades were made to the equipment of traditional infantry at the same time, with many soldiers now being equipped with augmented reality hardware and exoskeleton assistance, these drones were much better able to operate alongside human soldiers than in previous conflicts. As such, casualties from improvised explosive devices were considerably reduced. 

They also facilitated the more aggressive placement of NATO forward operating bases; with networked drones able to patrol a perimeter effectively at any time of day or night, bases could be situated closer to potentially hostile areas, improving reaction times and interfering with insurgent action.

However, in many ways, drones were ill-equipped for other counter-insurgency tactics; unable to engage without human oversight, they could be slow to react to unexpected attacks, as happened on several occasions when Afghan Army soldiers defected to the Taliban.

These shortcomings of semi-autonomous drones are what ultimately lead to experimentation with fully-sapient combat AIs, heralding a new paradigm in warfare that is yet to be fully understood...

~~~~~

This particular image dates from mid-2012, near the start of Athena's second year of deployment. She's seen seated atop an Onager-type HUGV (likely under refit at the time, as evidenced by several empty weapon hard points).

Gallery Link

• t0mgt0mg Posts: 48

Inspired by NGE Asuka:

edited October 2021

Climbing:

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

Getting ready for Halloween -

Halloween_is_Coming.jpg
    2500 x 3000 - 993K
  • TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

A few others 

Forgotten_World.jpg
    3834 x 3576 - 1M
    DreamScape01.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 907K
    edited October 2021

A relatively simple test of the centaur clothing aids I've just put out as a freebie - some morph sliders intended to assist with simulating dForce dresses, skirts and longer shirts on to the centaur geograft. (In this case, the dForce Attitude Dress).

(G8F for now, but G8M centaur support will be coming soon).

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

Masterstroke said:

Roxy @ Potzdamer Platz, Berlin

Extremely photographic, I love it!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039

Mousetery

Click on image for full size.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited October 2021

One figure I wish was re-released for G8F/G8.1F. If only to have her HD morph as those do not convert and had to be substituted from somewhat similar characters.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 805
    edited October 2021

"...  In the 24th century, a large part of global labor is made of humans cultured in amniotic tanks 
    and conditioned by AI — slave labor. Visser Robotics is a key player in the production of synthetic humans. 
    A few of you support the SM2, the Synth Manumission Movement. What a blow against the Mega Corps 
    if you break into Visser, hack their data servers, and steal their manufacturing codes! "

Post edited by csaa on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,757
    edited October 2021

I'd like to thank CCox for making this dress by my request. Search for his website, to download this dress.

A Girl From The North lowres.jpg
    962 x 1240 - 321K
    Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Nice pic

I like the dress but doing a search for CCox has proven to be useless

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,757

Robert Freise said:

Nice pic

Check your pm :) 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2021

Well I figured since i was in the halloween mode and thinking about submitting something for the contest, I might as well do some warmup renders.

This doesn't fit the contest scenario, but I liked the idea so I went with it, LOL

evilhouse.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • Masterstroke said:

Robert Freise said:

Nice pic

Check your pm :) 

yesyes 

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 601
    edited October 2021

"Trick or Treat"...you say ?

Trick or Treat Indeed.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • UHFUHF Posts: 512

I was really just digging the Old Library so I had to do a render.

https://www.daz3d.com/old-library

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4986713818529792#image=1176858

... um, I think I might have found a bug in the spotlights.

Gallery Link

• Playing with Dasan 8... on Genesis 8.1 base, and Dasan skin converted to nuPBR with the Michael 8.1 skin (including Detail channel).

This is a blend with Christian 8.

• Experimentation time again... Luthbel's Cyclops suit on a Genesis 8.1 female.

Some parts look worse than others, but the autofit is mostly pretty good.

• charlescharles Posts: 775

Matt_Castle said:

... um, I think I might have found a bug in the spotlights.

Gallery Link

Ha! Cool effect! 

• charlescharles Posts: 775
    edited November 2021

j cade said:

Bonnie with some very accurate 1920s hair and outfit. Well... film accurate

and if youre saing "now wait a minute they didn't have poofy glowing hair in the 20s :("

behold

and if you think thats wild

Total kick ass! I first thought this was from Salomes Last Dance, by Ken Russell. But no from an ealier version I haven't seen yet.

Post edited by charles on
  • BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited November 2021

A couple of elf princess sisters and a sci fi space captain I'm testing shaders on tho the gray and black outfit rendered as is and testing the scorpio bundle 

Princess Sisters Posing Throneroom 1 b.png
    1600 x 2080 - 7M
    Captain 8.png
    2000 x 2600 - 5M
    Captain 12.png
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Captain 11.png
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Captain 4.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Scorpion Render 1 Resized.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M