Genesis 8 Centaur dForce Clothing Aids (now includes males)

Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299
edited October 2021 in Freebies

This pack includes morphs to help simulate dForce dresses, skirts and long t-shirts to fit Daz3D's Genesis 8 Centaurs, hopefully considerably increasing the clothing available to these figures.

As a bonus, there is also an additional projection morph included for the Female Centaur that should dial in automatically with RawArt's Annicellea morph, to correct the issues she has with clothes that cross the geograft boundary and improve the overall clothing fit on her morph. This should also function well with non-dForce clothing, but note that it will need to be manually dialled out in the parameters of most geografts. (It has already been disabled for the centaur geograft).

Download links:

Mediafire
Renderosity
ShareCG
DeviantArt

~~~~~

CHANGELOG:

V1.0 (2021-10-07): Female Centaur morphs
V2.0 (2021-10-17): Male Centaur morphs added

~~~~~

FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS:

Probably nothing more for this pack, but I am looking into making JCMs to increase the flexibility of the centaurs.

~~~~~

INSTALLATION:

As usual for manual installation of Daz Studio content, the "data" folder included should be installed at the base level of a Daz Studio content directory.

For reliability of installation, everything has been packaged as one to make it more foolproof, but if you don't have one or other of the products this supports (Genesis 8 Female Centaur, Genesis 8 Male Centaur, Annicellea for Genesis 8 Female Centaur), then do a search in the extracted package and remove the following folder names (and their children)

To remove the:
... Female Centaur morphs, search for "G8Female Centaur"
... Male Centaur morphs, search for "G8Male Centaur"
... Annicellea projection morphs, search for "Annicellea"

~~~~~

USAGE:

There should be three accessible sliders on the Female Centaur geograft under Actors/Simulation/StrangeMatter:

- Centaur Clothing Sim 1
- Centaur Clothing Sim 2
- Centaur Clothing Sim 2 Adjust

The two main Clothing Sim options fold up and move the centaur body in different ways, and may work better for different purposes. However, fundamentally, the intention is that they move the Centaur Body out of the way of the clothing at the start of the simulation.

They require timeline simulation (i.e. "Frames to Simulate" must be set to one of the Animated options. This is particularly true as the centaur geografts do not have a memorised pose by default, and don't respond properly to "Simulate from Memorised Pose", which should be off).
This should be started from a zeroed pose at Frame 0 with one or other of the simulation sliders set to 100%.
The desired pose should be set at Frame 30, with the simulation sliders faded out to 0%

"Centaur Clothing Sim 2 Adjust" is used to move the centaur body backwards and forwards in conjunction with the "Sim 2" slider in order to correct any clipping in the starting frame of the simulation. It is set up to fade out with the main slider, so its effect will only be apparent when the Sim 2 slider is active and it does not need to be manually keyframed by the user.

~~~~~

PERMISSIONS:

I give permission to store, access, use and modify this content for personal and/or commercial renders. Credit is not required, but is appreciated.

Redistribution of the morphs included in this package is however not permitted in either original or modified form without my express permission; if you want to share it with someone else, send them a link to my original download page!

RinaSunDress30_MC.jpg
2400 x 2400 - 1M
Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Comments

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Thanks for this

• Forum bug struck again ... the zip and image attachments have vanished from sight. Whenever this happens, so far, if one goes to Edit their own post, drop in a period or something, save, then hopefully the zip and attachments will reappear.

They don't vanish for everybody but they do for others. Happens regularly - I keep hoping one day they'll fix this bug. It's annoying.

• I can see them...
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299
    edited October 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

Forum bug struck again ... the zip and image attachments have vanished from sight.

I wasn't aware of this bug, so I've included a link to a mirror on my Mediafire account.

(I will probably also upload it to some common freebies sites when I've sorted the G8M version to go with it. Hopefully some people will get back to me about any bugs or fixes that may be needed before that point).

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,989
    edited October 2021

Matt_Castle said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Forum bug struck again ... the zip and image attachments have vanished from sight.

I wasn't aware of this bug, so I've included a link to a mirror on my Mediafire account.

(I will probably also upload it to some common freebies sites when I've sorted the G8M version to go with it. Hopefully some people will get back to me about any bugs or fixes that may be needed before that point).

Thank you. Yes it's an old bug ... I don't know why it happens but have noticed it happening after I reply in my own threads even, had to return and 'edit' the posts to get them to appear again.  And yes, I've also taken to posting stuff over at sharecg or DA.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Really looking forward to giving these a shot, so thank you for making them.

Although it's taken a little longer than expected, matching morphs for the G8M Centaur are now available:

Download Link (Mediafire)

~~~~~

As far as future developments, I can't promise when or even if this will be available, but I'm working on some JCMs for the G8 figure and geograft that can be used to increase posing limits and make the centaur more flexible:

CentaurMaleFitPromo30_MC.jpg
    2400 x 2400 - 2M
    CentaurPelvis3.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 331K
  • Is there a chance for a G3 Centaur version of these?

edited October 2021

I've considered a G3 version, but for technical reasons I'd need to do a lot of the work over again, so I'd need to be convinced that it's something that's actually useful to people.

The main thing is, these require the use of dForce assets/simulation to be useful and there's very few natively dForce assets for Genesis 3. So it's a question of whether there's enough people that still use the G3 centaurs and are prepared to spend time converting assets - and these already seemed pretty niche use as they are.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited October 2021

This has always made me kind of chuckle... 

The Centaur only seems to be modest about the "Human" parts... never mind the 2 foot long horse tally whacker.

Post edited by Chumly on
    edited October 2021

Well, in that respect, I have actually started to dress centaurs more extensively, but because this is all custom meshes that I'm not yet ready to release (or converted Horse 2 assets, in some cases), I've left them out of most of the images for these dForce simulation aids.

Gallery Link