[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Zwyt said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Zwyt said:

Okay this may have been asked before I didn't go through the whole thread to find out but, is there any easy way to uninstall a package that was installed by Content Wizard or must I go into My Daz 3D Library and tediously uninstall it manually? Thanks. If there is no way to undo an installation done through CW then that would be a great feature to add man if you could.

There is not an uninstall option in CW.  As files can be shared by numerous products, this became a problem I didn't want to deal with.  If you have Exported as Zip file and used those with DIM, DIM will have an uninstall option for them.

Hmm okay, perhaps I should export as zip file and install with DIM from now on then. By the way really love this product.

Thank you!  I would recommend the whole export as zip file anyway, as when you go to a new computer, this is the best way to get all those products into Daz.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited September 2021

Hi @RiversoftArt,

I ran into a very small issue with CW (again). A package created from a Rendo package installs perfectly fine when executing the generated DSA file. BUT, if I try to install the very same file with DIM, I get an "Install failed" every time. It seems that DIM is choking on the Manifest.dsx file in the ZIP. You may guess: it contains an ampersand. If I remove every occurence of that in the file, DIM is working as it should. Example of such a line in the file:

<File TARGET="Content" ACTION="Install" VALUE="Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Jadyn & Sabby/Auri/Materials/Auri All Maps.duf"/>
      <File TARGET="Content" ACTION="Install" VALUE="Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Jadyn & Sabby/Auri/Materials/Auri All Maps.png"/>

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Hi @RiversoftArt,

I ran into a very small issue with CW (again). A package created from a Rendo package installs perfectly fine when executing the generated DSA file. BUT, if I try to install the very same file with DIM, I get an "Install failed" every time. It seems that DIM is choking on the Manifest.dsx file in the ZIP. You may guess: it contains an ampersand. If I remove every occurence of that in the file, DIM is working as it should. Example of such a line in the file:

<File TARGET="Content" ACTION="Install" VALUE="Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Jadyn & Sabby/Auri/Materials/Auri All Maps.duf"/>
      <File TARGET="Content" ACTION="Install" VALUE="Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Jadyn & Sabby/Auri/Materials/Auri All Maps.png"/>

Thanks for the report.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Hi @RiversoftArt,

Thanks for the report.

Can you message me your email so I can give you an update and you can test the fix?

• sent laugh

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited September 2021

Im having an issue.  I purchased a Bee Swarm from the other store any was trying to install with Content Manager.  I set all the catagories up like usual, then I usually check the tabs to make sure everything is in the right place. The Props are correct but there is no Animals catagory showing at all.  I unchecked the Filters to look and theres not one listed there either but when I look under Smart Content in DS the Animals folder is there (It only shows the land animals since I didn't set the catagories for previous air animals).

I have not installed yet just in case I need to test something but it is not really that big of deal because I don't use Smart Content but I do like to have things set right if I decide to.

Update: So I looked in Smart Content for other animals that was installed with Daz so now im not sure how the Animals catagory got there (last image) because those are all from the other store also. (And I can't remember what I did when I installed them.... They were installed before I decided I needed to get more organized.) 

SmartContent.jpg
    1176 x 579 - 240K
    SmartContentList.jpg
    396 x 618 - 123K
    TableView.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 751K
    smartcontentds.jpg
    1073 x 661 - 213K
    sc2.jpg
    1076 x 661 - 253K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Daventaki said:

Im having an issue.  I purchased a Bee Swarm from the other store any was trying to install with Content Manager.  I set all the catagories up like usual, then I usually check the tabs to make sure everything is in the right place. The Props are correct but there is no Animals catagory showing at all.  I unchecked the Filters to look and theres not one listed there either but when I look under Smart Content in DS the Animals folder is there (It only shows the land animals since I didn't set the catagories for previous air animals).

I have not installed yet just in case I need to test something but it is not really that big of deal because I don't use Smart Content but I do like to have things set right if I decide to.

Update: So I looked in Smart Content for other animals that was installed with Daz so now im not sure how the Animals catagory got there (last image) because those are all from the other store also. (And I can't remember what I did when I installed them.... They were installed before I decided I needed to get more organized.) 

Weird, in my CW, I see both Animals and Figure->Animals.  In CW, the Smart Content tab will only show categories for the categories used in the current product.  

I had set the catagories up myself as seen in the first image.  Something else weird with a different product, the Content Library tab doesn't show the files.  But it installed just fine......

MDDRosa.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 535K
  • Daventaki said:

I had set the catagories up myself as seen in the first image.  Something else weird with a different product, the Content Library tab doesn't show the files.  But it installed just fine......

I don't know what is going on.  What are the products?  Perhaps (unlikely but perhaps) I have them and can reproduce the behavior so I can debug it.

edited September 2021

character Rosa by MMD was the blank folders.  And the animals were Ken Gilliland Songbird Remix Characters Vol 3 and NW Bee Swarms.

Could the character be from them being overlays?

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Daventaki said:

character Rosa by MMD was the blank folders.  And the animals were Ken Gilliland Songbird Remix Characters Vol 3 and NW Bee Swarms.

I don't have any of them.  But the Bee swarms I have wishlisted. smiley

Do you mean it is only shape presets?  Maybe?  I will look for another character that is only shape presets.

Its decription says overlays and it doesn't show up unless rendered so that makes me think LIES (im not sure what to look for looking at the files)  but that still doesn't explain why they dont show the icons since those are the standard duf and png file.  It was just a weird thing and I have not seen it before.  Thankfully though they install as intended.  

As far as the Animal thing I don't think its specific to that product(s).  The Animal category doesn't show at all on the Smart Content tab no matter what im installing even thought it is an option when I set up the categories for each asset.  Not a big deal and noone else has mentioned it. The reason it threw me off is because the Hivewire animals are there which I am 98% sure I used CW to install them....  BUT I cannot remember if I actually bothered to set up or look at the smart content at that time.  

• Daventaki said:

Its decription says overlays and it doesn't show up unless rendered so that makes me think LIES (im not sure what to look for looking at the files)  but that still doesn't explain why they dont show the icons since those are the standard duf and png file.  It was just a weird thing and I have not seen it before.  Thankfully though they install as intended.  

As far as the Animal thing I don't think its specific to that product(s).  The Animal category doesn't show at all on the Smart Content tab no matter what im installing even thought it is an option when I set up the categories for each asset.  Not a big deal and noone else has mentioned it. The reason it threw me off is because the Hivewire animals are there which I am 98% sure I used CW to install them....  BUT I cannot remember if I actually bothered to set up or look at the smart content at that time.  

Hmmm.  Well, I will keep an eye out for an animal product at least.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Daventaki said:

I installed MDD Rosa with CW and she's as expected in Smart Content and the Content Library.

Sevrin said:

Daventaki said:

I installed MDD Rosa with CW and she's as expected in Smart Content and the Content Library.

Thank you for checking but yes she installed fine everything were it was suppose to be, the issue was within CW- it showed the makeup folders as empty.

•  btw. @RiversoftArt, installation packages created by Content Wizard do trigger a bug in DIM. Whenever a non-standard character is part of the file name, DIm will not consider the file for installation. A rename of the install file fix taht issue. 

E.g. a set "Blabla's outfits" would convert to XX000abcde_Blabal'sOutfiit.zip" in CW. That does not work within DIM. Removing the ' helps.

• The allowable filename characters are documented here - Package Naming.

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

btw. @RiversoftArt, installation packages created by Content Wizard do trigger a bug in DIM. Whenever a non-standard character is part of the file name, DIm will not consider the file for installation. A rename of the install file fix taht issue. 

E.g. a set "Blabla's outfits" would convert to XX000abcde_Blabal'sOutfiit.zip" in CW. That does not work within DIM. Removing the ' helps.

In data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa, there is a variable: REProductNameInvalidChars  This is used by CW to sanitize the name to be correct for DIM; if you add the single quote that should fix it.

• Thanks a lot both @Omniflux and @RiverSoftArt wink

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684
    edited September 2021

Over a month ago, I had my DAZ content deleted on my desktop due to a 'Reset Database' and since then, I have been selectively reinstalling my files. Initially, my scripts and utilities were first to be installed. At that time, I had no failed content during the install. Then a few weeks ago, an update came in for Content Wizard and I went ahead and installed it on both of my DAZ computers. 

This morning, I was ready to install on the desktop, files from Rendo, using Content Wizard. I first opened the User Manual, then clicked on thumbnail for Content Wizard in Smart Content and it failed. I tried again, failed again. So I looked at the Help Log, see attached. Something is missing. 

I uninstalled Content Wizard and tried to reinstall by DIM and the install failed. I tried a manual download and that failed when placed in DIM's Downloads folder. I looked at the files, and not knowing where 'Script Error : Line 2964' would be, I can't tell if there are missing files. But I also tested Content Wizard on my laptop, which also had the update and it works fine.

Is there another program, script or something that should be installed that I may not have installed yet, that Content Wizard is dependent upon?

That is the only variable between the two set-ups I can think of. It worked fine before the reset of the database and this is the first time I have tried to use it since.

Thanks,

Mary

CW Help Error Lines.PNG
    1765 x 564 - 111K
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • you seem to have a partial CW installation via DAZ connect. See the lines that contain "data/cloud". 

Uninstall CW again. Then, kill that cloud folder you see in the log above (only the 1_67507 folder). Then install CW again using DIM. This should fix the issue

That is just it, I haven't had Connect on since the User reset. Not sure how that happened. Everything is by DIM.

But I will try what I can.

@Mark_e593e0a5, thank you, that worked!

I seem to have a large number of files left in that cloud folder, from before I stopped signing into DAZ in the studio. The deletion of that file cleared my issue up in a snap.

Mary

• Glad I could help laugh

• Thaks for helping @memcneil70 @Mark_e593e0a5!

• RiverSoftArt said:

adam_fe6a705d said:

That was it. The directory was MIA. Created it, and now able to install products. Thank you for the support!

Excellent!  I am glad you got it resolved.

Glad I found this did a reimage of my PC and was figthing this for two hours it was the missing Support folder.   I will have to make sure these folders exitst in other thrird party directories

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

i finally bought this product today, but the very 1st product i tried to install to smart content generated an error and it never installed. Is there a way to get rid of whatever files it already installed so it can start fresh?  What is the recommended procedure to try and correct this problem.  It did install to Content Library. 
    I tried another product, wentt hrough the procedure and it installed just fine, so its something with the 1st one. It had 2 zip files, the 2nd product 1. 
    Both from Rendo. 

ANOTHER QUESTION: I have a bunch of stuff sitting in lost and found in smart content. Can this prodcut be used to get them into the correct categories? 

• daveso said:

i finally bought this product today, but the very 1st product i tried to install to smart content generated an error and it never installed. Is there a way to get rid of whatever files it already installed so it can start fresh?  What is the recommended procedure to try and correct this problem.  It did install to Content Library. 
    I tried another product, wentt hrough the procedure and it installed just fine, so its something with the 1st one. It had 2 zip files, the 2nd product 1. 
    Both from Rendo. 

ANOTHER QUESTION: I have a bunch of stuff sitting in lost and found in smart content. Can this prodcut be used to get them into the correct categories? 

To get rid of the SmartContent for a product:

• locate the product in your smart content, right click on the product and select "Show Product in Content Library". The view should change from the SmartContent tab to the Content Library tab, with the product selected. If not, you my have to try a second time.
    • On the product in the Content Library, right click the product. From the menu, select "Delete". Confiirm the deletion in the popou that appears. Not that this does ONLY remove the SmartContent data; all product files stay where they are.

It is hard to guess what has exactly gone wrong with your installation.

This is the workflow I follow in CW (CW is already started):

• Add the product ithumbnail (the thumbnail from e.g. Rendo)
    • Add the product ZIP's (all of them. I usually ignore any template files.
    • Fill in the product data (product name will be pre-populated based on the first ZIP file CW loads) for the product ID, I usually use the SKU if the store provides one, or the number the first ZIP file contains (e.g. Rendo)
    • Once all data is in, I start the "Analyse" process. After finishing that.
    • check the SmartContent tab, if all items are categorized the way you want them. Some PA's do have weird directory structures and namings, so CW might guess some items incorrect.
    • correct the metadata for misplaced items (poses are very hard for CW to categorize, as there is no naming convention and even "looking into"! the pose file would not help. So poses are extra work in categorizing.
    • once all is done, I save the configuration.
    • Then, I hit the "install Content" button. You may get some dialog that files already do exist. Usually, these are readme or licence files you can safely ignore or overwrite.
    • Once that is finished, I click on "Install Smart Content". Note that this can tike some time depending on the type of item CW has to load. SmartContent has to load items into a scene to create renders of it. So this can be time consuming if you e.g. create the smart content data for a Genesis 8 figure 
    • Once that is finished, I save the file(s) using the "Export ZIP file(s) and Self-Installer. That should do it.

A side not: I use a DS installation on a virtual machine for CW. This is to avoid the long scene loading process with my library of Genesis 8 figures. Plus I can use DIM for installing and un-installing(!) the freshly created CW files 

Another side note: you may find out that sometimes CW cannot unzip the ZIP files. This is a limitation of the zip decoder within DS. In that case, open the zip file in e.g. WinZIP and save it again.

To your other question: yes, you CAN use CW to fix metadata issues with DAZ products. If you D/L a DAZ product, you get a ZIP file that starts with IM. That file contains all you need, including the thumbnail. (you have to extract that one first, it is located in Content/Runtime/Support.

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

daveso said:

Both from Rendo. 

To get rid of the SmartContent for a product:

• locate the product in your smart content, right click on the product and select "Show Product in Content Library". The view should change from the SmartContent tab to the Content Library tab, with the product selected. If not, you my have to try a second time.
    • On the product in the Content Library, right click the product. From the menu, select "Delete". Confiirm the deletion in the popou that appears. Not that this does ONLY remove the SmartContent data; all product files stay where they are.

It is hard to guess what has exactly gone wrong with your installation.

This is the workflow I follow in CW (CW is already started):

• Add the product ithumbnail (the thumbnail from e.g. Rendo)
    • Add the product ZIP's (all of them. I usually ignore any template files.
    • Fill in the product data (product name will be pre-populated based on the first ZIP file CW loads) for the product ID, I usually use the SKU if the store provides one, or the number the first ZIP file contains (e.g. Rendo)
    • Once all data is in, I start the "Analyse" process. After finishing that.
    • check the SmartContent tab, if all items are categorized the way you want them. Some PA's do have weird directory structures and namings, so CW might guess some items incorrect.
    • correct the metadata for misplaced items (poses are very hard for CW to categorize, as there is no naming convention and even "looking into"! the pose file would not help. So poses are extra work in categorizing.
    • once all is done, I save the configuration.
    • Then, I hit the "install Content" button. You may get some dialog that files already do exist. Usually, these are readme or licence files you can safely ignore or overwrite.
    • Once that is finished, I click on "Install Smart Content". Note that this can tike some time depending on the type of item CW has to load. SmartContent has to load items into a scene to create renders of it. So this can be time consuming if you e.g. create the smart content data for a Genesis 8 figure 
    • Once that is finished, I save the file(s) using the "Export ZIP file(s) and Self-Installer. That should do it.

A side not: I use a DS installation on a virtual machine for CW. This is to avoid the long scene loading process with my library of Genesis 8 figures. Plus I can use DIM for installing and un-installing(!) the freshly created CW files 

Another side note: you may find out that sometimes CW cannot unzip the ZIP files. This is a limitation of the zip decoder within DS. In that case, open the zip file in e.g. WinZIP and save it again.

To your other question: yes, you CAN use CW to fix metadata issues with DAZ products. If you D/L a DAZ product, you get a ZIP file that starts with IM. That file contains all you need, including the thumbnail. (you have to extract that one first, it is located in Content/Runtime/Support.

Wow, Mark, great write up!  One correction, save your configuration again after the Install Smart Content step as that step generates some information that should be saved in the configuration file.  And people should archive the configuration file and the exported zips (as well as the original zips of course).

With your permission, I am going to put the contents of this post at the top of the thread for others.

• daveso said:

Both from Rendo. 

Thanks @daveso for your support.  Mark's post answers your questions. smiley