(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• krickerdkrickerd Posts: 184
    edited January 2014

I am liking this tool so far. I used the transfer utility on the Evilson Pants for M4 and, after following the manual and saving the pants as a support asset, I am able to crank the basic female, V4, and Voluptuous shapes all the way to 1 each and the pants still fit PERFECTLY! NICE!

Post edited by krickerd on
    edited December 1969

Even if Gen4 dresses have some fit issues, such as stretches in the skirt, the fact that SRMS preserves the handles, which the regular autofit does not, makes it easy to make some slight bends to fix these issues.

SRMS_Dress_Fix_1.jpg
    1000 x 607 - 86K
    edited December 1969

Would SRMS work for Genesis 2 with gen4 clone figures such as Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male ? I've had some success using it to rig a gen4 for Genesis, then taking that saved asset and transferring it using autofit for Genesis 2. Maybe with the clone figure SRMS would work even better than autofitting?

• joramabbasjoramabbas Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I bought this product as it impressed me. However, I'm finding it difficult to use it-any chance of tutorials....Please, I need some help!!

Regards

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I bought this product as it impressed me. However, I'm finding it difficult to use it-any chance of tutorials....Please, I need some help!!

Regards

There are 3 separate zips for this product, one of which contains the manual -- "15816_srms-manual-and-instructions.pdf"

• joramabbasjoramabbas Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Regards

There are 3 separate zips for this product, one of which contains the manual -- "15816_srms-manual-and-instructions.pdf"

I found the manual-thanks!!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

krickerd said:
    Would SRMS work for Genesis 2 with gen4 clone figures such as Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male ? I've had some success using it to rig a gen4 for Genesis, then taking that saved asset and transferring it using autofit for Genesis 2. Maybe with the clone figure SRMS would work even better than autofitting?

At that point you technically don't need SRMS. You can convert directly from V4 to G2F and M4 to G2M.

To make that happen for both sexes you need:

V4 for G2F
    M4 for G2M

Dress Rig G2F
    Tunic Rig for G2M

• am999am999 Posts: 33
    edited March 2014

I'm having the same problem as Strixowl last year. The rigging system is installed and I can find the SRM... templates in the library folder, but they don't show up in the projection template combo box of the Transfer Utility dialog. Was there a solution to this problem?

Post edited by am999 on
    edited December 1969

am999 said:
    I'm having the same problem as Strixowl last year. The rigging system is installed and I can find the SRM... templates in the library folder, but they don't show up in the projection template combo box of the Transfer Utility dialog. Was there a solution to this problem?

OK, I figured it out myself. I'm using two different content directories, one with manual installations and one for the managed installations. I'd think that this is rather common for older installations as it's still no fun to move content from manual to managed installation (just uninstalling and reinstalling with the installation manager does not update the content database...).

I checked the DAZ Studio behavior on opening the "Transfer Utility" dialog with Sysinternals ProcMon and it did not search the managed library for Genesis projection templates (only the old library folder). Probably this happens, because I have manually installed Genesis Base long time ago, while the rigging system was installed by the installation manager.

After copying all data from "Managed Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Projection Templates" and "Managed Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Tools\Projection Templates" to the corresponding old library folders, the "Transfer Utility" seems to work as expected.

This is still a bit strange, because DAZ Studio has no problems to find Genesis morphs that were installed to the managed library. I don't know whether there are any technical reasons, not to search for projection templates in all library folders, while this is done for other data like morphs. Maybe it's a bug.

edited March 2014

I sent a bug report about the template search problem. But I have a different question:

I like the extra handles that are added to dresses when fitting them with the SRMDressBase template. Though they aren't quite as useful for loins or other dresses that are composed of separate front and back parts. Would it be very difficult to add an option for front and back handles as alternative for the right and left handles? :cheese:

Post edited by am999 on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Today's bonus tutorial: Saving Extra Bones in M4/V4 Products. This one's not in the manual because, well, I didn't know the technique yet back then. ;)

Load a Gen 4 or other item.

In Scene Tab, go to edit--rigging--convert figure to weight mapping. Choose TriAx.

Start transfer utility. Choose template--SRMS bodysuit or dress or boots as appropriate.

Uncheck everything but morphs. Add a smoothing modifier. Also choose Clone or Morph V4 on the left dropdown, and check Reverse Source Shape from Target.

Let it run. It will ball up when it's done. This is normal.

Select Genesis and then the item with ctrl+click in Scene Tab. Edit--rigging--transfer rigging (figure space). Now it should be fitted to Genesis properly but still have its extra bones.

Save to library and reload. DO NOT MOVE OR MORPH GENESIS BEFORE YOU DO THIS.

Worked when I tried it on the V4 Sorceress dress, keeping all of its fancy skirt bones (as it turns out the sleeves weren't an issue since they were moved originally with morphs only).

Stupid questions time! :D

Which template would you use for something like karate belt that has a couple extra bones? I tried knee length skuirt and it seems to work.

And of all the things you can save it as, which do i do?

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

support asset -> figure/prop assets

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Fisty.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Sickle Rigging and Morphing System...
    this product works for Poser Pro 2012 also?
    I'm with a problem here, the images below rendered in poser

clot.jpg
    1000 x 1415 - 404K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited June 2014

I purchased this product today and I am working with the War Vixen top.

When I went to use the Transfer Utility I selected the SRMBodysuitBase template as I think this was the only other template that made sense to use.

Was this correct? Or overkill? If I don't use an SRM template, as I did before purchasing this product, the conversion is not that great and has issues. Now it is way better.

Never mind, I found my answer in the Introduction of the manual.

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

The SRMS is a winner in my book. I used one of the toughest armors I have for V4 and M4, the Supreme Armor by Powerage. These are for Poser only and using them in DAZ Studio means a lot of work on the materials, displacements, and even the use of SubD on many of its pieces.

The V4 shoes can't be used in DAZ Studio, I tried to get help at Separate V4 Shoes? but it wasn't going to happen with my current level of experience. The M4 versions of the shoes however don't have any issues and are even better to use on Genesis after conversion. They fit much better because they are wider, no poke through.

The final result is a clean armor.

Here is the finished armor. The metal and water shaders are by Phoenix22 available at ShareCG.

Supreme_Armor_Genesis.jpg
    900 x 900 - 407K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    edited December 1969

Looking great, nDelphi, and thanks for pointing out the shaders you have used.
    Just wonder if SRMS could also be used to rig the characters in .obj format?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

It can. I believe that's what Wilmap uses in all of her Genesis clothing to get the rigging, body fits, and handles.
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Artini said:

It can. I believe that's what Wilmap uses in all of her Genesis clothing to get the rigging, body fits, and handles.

So basically I can rig a clothing in object format? Like say, the Roman Senator Clothing sold at Content Paradise for the Poser G2 Males? As in use the Objects in the geometries folder and start with that?

I have Hexagon. If this is so, can anyone explain to me the process in basic terms? I have tutorials for Hexagon that should help with this.

edited June 2014

Import the .obj(s), use Poser scale on the import window so they're basically the right size.

Scale, translate, rotate, d-form them until they basically fit G2. Turning the opacity down on the surface tab occasionally to check for polys on the inside that are poking through is helpful, they need to all be outside the skin or the smoothing modifier will cause you issues in the end. I find it much easier to get a rough fitting with d-forms rather then Hex because D-forms don't care if you have 30 little pieces of mesh that aren't connected, they all move together, doing that in Hex is really really fiddly and time consuming.

Bridge everything to Hex, including G2, finish fine tuning the fit.. anything you couldn't easily do with the d-formers.

Delete G2 in Hex. Figure out which pieces you want separate, if it's just one whole figure export .obj from Hexagon, use 100% scale. If it's more than one delete all but one, export that one, undo a few times til you get the others back, etc, until you have all of them exported as separate .objs. (probably want to save your Hex scene before doing that just in case it crashes or you do too many things to undo back far enough) Once you have them all exported undo until you have all of the pieces back in your Hex scene and minimize Hex, don't close it yet for security reasons.

Go back to DS (don't bridge, just maximize it) delete all your d-formers and the original clothing .objs

Import the new .objs you saved out from Hex, use Silo scale on the import window options. (if they all look right you can close Hex, don't bridge when it asks)

Click on the transfer utility button, chose G2 as the source and an obj as the target, pick the most logical type from the drop down box. Click on more options and turn on the smoothing modifier. Replete with all your items.

Post edited by Fisty on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the step by step, Fisty.

So it is doable, I just need to learn some new skills.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I have been having some problems with Auto Fitting shorter dresses onto G2F. I have both the Sickle Rigging and Morphing System for Genesis and the Sickle Dress Rig Genesis 2 Female. To image below illustrates the problem. This is dress is Japanese Style Fashion Space Cadet V4. On the left I show it on V4 and on the right what is looks like when auto fitted to G2F. This auto fit was selecting V4 figure the dress was made for and Dress -> BasicDress as the type. I have tried the Knee Length Dress and V4 Skirt with the same result. I have circle the V shape intention in the dress between the legs and there are some minor problems under the breasts too.

I'm wonder what is the best way of dealing with this. In the next post I will show the best I have been able to do.

v4g2f_1.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 88K
    edited December 1969

The best I have been able to do is to use the Transfer Utility method. I enable the "Near Vertices" option and increase the value to 1000%. This produces larger, more spread out V shown on the left in the image. On the right is what happens when I up the smoothing modifier to 20. It has mostly smoothed out the V shape.

I don't like using smoothing modifiers at 20 iterations. They sometime cause the clothes to blow up and they are slow.

The only other thing I've found that might work is to send the dress to Hexagon and push the mesh around to get rid of undesirable indents. I'm not very good at Hex, but I was able to push the mesh around to create a morph for the dress that mostly got ride of the V. It was just a lot of work.

Any better ideas of what I could try?

v4g2f_2.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 102K
    edited December 1969

One additional note, this problem is worse on G2F than on G1 with this dress and most of the other dresses where I have seen this problem. This shows the same dress auto fit to G1 Female shape.

SJ_SpaceCadet_G1.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 37K
    edited December 1969

Bridge to Hex, run that over a few times til it's nicer (be careful around the edges and fold-overs, you night need to do a little manual vertex pushing there instead) Bridge back to DS, save as a morph and leave it on, or delete G2, export the dress as an obj, then load another g2, load the now g2 shaped dress, and run the transfer utility on it again.

smoothing.jpg
    782 x 647 - 93K
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited October 2014

I don't have the V4 for G2F product or SRMS either but I do have V4, Genesis and V6. I followed Sickleyield's tutorial here:

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Saving-Gen-4-Custom-Bones-on-Conversion-417250347?offset=0#comments

I was able to save a V4 dress for G1 but the results were not good. First V6, then Genesis Basic Female ...

Screen_Shot_2014-10-09_at_15.06_.43_.png
    687 x 643 - 318K
    Screen_Shot_2014-10-09_at_15.02_.47_.png
    471 x 824 - 218K
    Post edited by marble on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

In the above, if I unparent from Genesis 1, the dress shape is returned to a dress shape. On V6, I sent to ZBrush to smooth out the polygons but, while it looks perfectly smooth in ZBrush, when it is returned to DS it is distorted again. Posing the character just emphasises the problem. Applying any built-in morphs to the dress screws it up completely.

This was my second attempt. First I tried a pair of V4 panties which came across to both G1 and G2F nicely so I was encouraged. Now I'm looking at my library full of V4 clothing and trying to decide whether to stick with V4 and forego the realistic G2F/V6 body shapes. I have not bought any of the morphs or characters yet - this exercise in clothing conversion was to help me decide.

• EorthmanEorthman Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

"It shouldn't matter where you installed the dress. It's possible the SRM templates are in the wrong place, though."

I've had the problem with the SRM templates not showing up when I try to auto fit. Where should they be installed? I may have to move them manually. (?)

edited October 2014

\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Projection Templates

That's for Genesis 2.. but that's the basic idea.

Post edited by Fisty on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

What Fisty said. Somehow I got unsubscribed from the thread again.