Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• colongraphics colongraphics Posts: 77
    edited April 2021

Kerya said:

DoctorJellybean said:

colongraphics said:

In an effort to avoid having to download all the assets I brought, I nuked the hard drive, reinstalled the OS and updates, applications and assorted software, and spent the better part of the week slowly using DIM 1.4.0.67 to re-install my assets. It was patchwork. It appears that the application is not designed to download and install earlier assets. I'm currently updating from back-ups to move data, files and runtime folders en masse, and I'll have to map the files so the Daz applications can find them properly. I seem to be paying a "tax" for adopting Daz Studio 2 as my primary render program, and buying assets from that time. The application seems to favor recent adapters and only the latest assets and hardware to run them.

DAZ Studio 2 hasn't been supported for a very long time, nor DS 3. That said, you should still be able to install content and use the exe installers for the application and plug-ins.

I think colongraphics is talking about assets bought during that time ...

Yes, the installer for DS 2 was an .exe file and you still can get it through your product library, if you "bought" it back then.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_2075

Thank you Kerya, that is exactly what I mean. Some assets bought around the 2008 timeframe (Daz 2.x) do not seem to automatically download and install. As DoctorJellybean alluded to, these would be Poser compatible assets. Daz made some of these assets DIM installable, but probably not all. The recent difficulty I had with the latest version of DIM failing to download and install anything at all--since fixed--only added to my frustration.

In any case, I'll manually download and install missing assets, either from backups or from the product library. The URL you provided will be very helpful. Thank you!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Looking for a filter option for tutorials. I purchase several tutorials over the years and would like to filter them in DIM. it would be great to also have an option in Studio for sorting by tutorials or even vendor. The vendor one will be hard since vendors come and go. 

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 740

Tugpsx said:

Looking for a filter option for tutorials. I purchase several tutorials over the years and would like to filter them in DIM. it would be great to also have an option in Studio for sorting by tutorials or even vendor. The vendor one will be hard since vendors come and go. 

The ones I have seem to mostly use the tag "General", which doesn't help much.  I try to install all the tutorials in a separate content manager directory, so that provides a search "path::Tutorials" or (though it doesn't matter in my installation) "path::rx::Tutorials$".  I believe this is all you can do with DIM and there doesn't seem to be any consistent installation in the content manager directory tree to help searching on the disk, though you could search for "*.mp4".

It's easy with DAZ Deals; just go to store, select Resources & Addons/Tutorials and "Curriculums" [sic] or go to "https://www.daz3d.com/tutorials"; then select the DAZ Deals "Only show owned" checkbox.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

jbowler said:

Tugpsx said:

The ones I have seem to mostly use the tag "General", which doesn't help much.  I try to install all the tutorials in a separate content manager directory, so that provides a search "path::Tutorials" or (though it doesn't matter in my installation) "path::rx::Tutorials$".  I believe this is all you can do with DIM and there doesn't seem to be any consistent installation in the content manager directory tree to help searching on the disk, though you could search for "*.mp4".

It's easy with DAZ Deals; just go to store, select Resources & Addons/Tutorials and "Curriculums" [sic] or go to "https://www.daz3d.com/tutorials"; then select the DAZ Deals "Only show owned" checkbox.

Thanks.  

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

It was suggested I repeat my DIM problem in this thread ...

Why does my DIM not always accept my password? Very frustrating since I just bought stuff for a project and can't find everything and want to look at the location of the installed files in DIM and although I logged in successfully last night to install everything, today, it won't let me in. I even updated it and no luck. Ideas?

I'm online and streaming my tv shows on the tv and my connection is strong. 

---------------

After rebooting the modem and checking the connection online ... that's not the problem ... still can't sign into DIM ...

"Unable to login to the specified account. Verify the email and/or password and try again."

So I try to "add" myself again and I get:

"An account with the name entered already exists. Choose another name and try again."

-------------------

So I tried "adding" myself again using another name with the same email and password ... this time it let me in but all my hidden settings are reset, like what's hidden. Am I going to have to keep adding new variants of me just to log in?

Any new suggestions?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited August 2021

..OK this is weird.  When I opened the IM I was queried for my password.  Haven't had that occur for a some time. 

I then downloaded my recent purchases and when I selected all on the Ready to Install tab a Windows dialogue popped up about whether I wanted to give permission to run something called the Daz3DDIMhelper.  I clicked no and it took a minute or so for products to start installing then one of the products, the Hedge Maker failed.  I tired to install it by itself the popup appeared again I clicked the "no" button and the install failed again. I tired it a third time and just clicked the close button on the top corner of the dialogue box but the install failed once more.

Is this some new bug feature that's been added?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

kyoto kid said:

..OK this is weird.  When I opened the IM I was queried for my password.  Haven't had that occur for a some time. 

I then downloaded my recent purchases and when I selected all on the Ready to Install tab a Windows dialogue popped up about whether I wanted to give permission to run something called the Daz3DDIMhelper.  I clicked no and it took a minute or so for products to start installing then one of the products, the Hedge Maker failed.  I tired to install it by itself the popup appeared again I clicked the "no" button and the install failed again. I tired it a third time and just clicked the close button on the top corner of the dialogue box but the install failed once more.

Is this some new bug feature that's been added?

The Dim helper is a background process used by DIM to install anything that needs elevated permissions - among other things, plugins. It's been around for several years - but I don't know why you're getting the prompt, unless your security package is getting persnickety.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

HedgeMaker contains a plugin that is installed into DAZ Studio Plugins which requires system permissions (and also tht DS is not running while installing, goes for all plugin based products)

..OK thanks.  Yeah my AV updated recently however I've never seen that message before.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

DIM 1.4.0.80 Update. Here goes... Change Log [Documentation Center]

Looks good.

edited August 2021

...hope this doesn't break it on me again to where the .JSON file was sent to the wrong location, the .ini was hosed, and I had to manualy recreate all my install paths (I have a custom setup). To open the IM, I had to manually enter my password each time for if I saved it, the IM would crash the next time I opened it, with the JSON file ending up on my desktop again and the ini file corrupted.

The current version somehow fixed that and has been working fine since that update.

Also saw a 1.5 version in the works which the changelog mentioned would be updated for the QT 5 SDK.

Not sure how that would work for those of us staying with Daz 1.4.x.x

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713

1.4.0.80 update installed and works fine here (Windows 10).

...installed it and no glitches...this time (W7).

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

New DIM downloads not working.

Download Failed everytime.

Install & Uninstall work okay

Win 10 64bit

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Correction Spanish Rose Chalet de Sevilla DS is not working.

Other downloads look okay.

• coralyncoralyn Posts: 46

Wow, DIM 1.4.0.80 update seemed to have suffered a massive amnesia attack :-)

The first thing it did was claim to 'uninstall' all 522 of the items I had installed (in a custom location on drive "F:"). I kind of panicked seeing 'installed' count run down to zero, yet DIM did NOT seem to affect "My DAZ 3D Library" at all. Yet the NEW problem is DIM now claims I have 519 'new' packages to download! I suppose I can do what I did before - create a NEW DAZ account to cause DIM to 'forget'. I did that last December when I moved from Poser to DAZ, because my 12 year old DAZ account had far too much V3/V4 stuff (over 1400 items I think) and I didn't want to re-download all this old stuff because I also moved my DAZ app location. I do have all those ZIP/exe installers archived seperately.

Now, I suspect this is partially MY FAULT, because I use DIM in a 2-step process. First, I download and DO NOT install. I manually archive a copy of the IM*ZIP files to what I call my 'topical catalog', which is where I save the PDF 'order/invoice', plus the ZIP, plus a collection of the promo images. Once the 'purchase' is safely stored under my own control, I have DIM install & delete the downloads.

Unless there is an easy solution to avoid downloading so much again (which will pass my monthly broadband limits!), I suppose it is time for a third DAZ account? :-).

• I would not delete the downloads, saves the bandwith.

• Mouser said:

Correction Spanish Rose Chalet de Sevilla DS is not working.

Other downloads look okay.

That product has failed for a number of people and I have reported it. It does seem to download from the product Library page, so you could grab that and drop it in the DIM downloads folder then install while working offline (so it didn't show the "update").

DoctorJellybean said:

I would not delete the downloads, saves the bandwith. 

I don't 'delete' the downloads, I archive/copy elsewhere, where I can manage them, then have them removed from the downloads directory. Having 150GB of files sorted by some IM-number in my F:\DAZ 3D\CoraLyn\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads makes no logical sense.

Anyway, what works for me might not work for others.

edited August 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

That product has failed for a number of people and I have reported it. It does seem to download from the product Library page, so you could grab that and drop it in the DIM downloads folder then install while working offline (so it didn't show the "update").

That's an idea - i could move a few of my archived IM files back to the downloads, see if DIM recognizes. Although making a new DAZ account might be easiest wink. I don't see DAZ giving special awards to logins/account for being 10-year veterans or anything. I first joined DAZ in 2006, back when Aiko3 was my obsession. Did a lot with Aiko4, then Aiko6 (skipped Gn), and now am back with G8F, but using modified G8F forms - Aiko8 isn't to my taste.

Post edited by coralyn on
  • I have transferred my Daz and Dim data to a new drive a few weeks ago, and then realised yesterday that the transfer was botched (by Windows or else)
    I have different installation folders (Male, Female, etc...) and in the Installed tab some are installed but pointing towards their old location, which I, unfortunately, deleted last Sunday.
    Is there a way to sort items by their installation path?

• Select them (you can filter by path in Install manager), right-click, and use the option to reinstall all selected using current paths. If you want separate directories you will have to do that in batches since theere can be only one active path for instalaltion at a time.

• edited September 2021

Hmm...
    I know it's must be big, obvious, and just right under my eyes blinking; but I cannot find how in DIM I can filter items by their installation paths

Post edited by gabazieuteeshopping on
  • gabazieuteeshopping said:

Hmm...
    I know it's must be big, obvious, and just right under my eyes blinking; but I cannot find how in DIM I can filter items by their installation paths

There is a checkbox named Show Details at the bottom right, check that.

• gabazieuteeshopping said:

Hmm...

It isn't immediately obvious, sorry - I was vaguely thinking it was in the default filters but in fact you have to roll your own http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#path

• Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

V 1.4.0.80 64bit

replicative bug

when downloading a product the software crashes and then makes the computer's SSD disappear for use from windows. A reboot is required... try again and same

only happened since this latest update of DiM

Windows11 Pro RTM 64bit

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited September 2021

so, I tried to download DiM again

but I can't .... hmmm

DiMerror.png
    486 x 438 - 43K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,103

Stezza said:

V 1.4.0.80 64bit

replicative bug

when downloading a product the software crashes and then makes the computer's SSD disappear for use from windows. A reboot is required... try again and same

only happened since this latest update of DiM

Windows11 Pro RTM 64bit

Are you using Windows 11? If so sounds like there are still some show stopper bugs to fix in that.

Stezza said:

so, I tried to download DiM again

but I can't .... hmmm

Also looks like your browser is deciding what software you can, or in this case can't, download. 

• Windows 11 hasn't been released yet, and it may undergo more changes before being released.