Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2021 (CLOSED)

Comments

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

A wonderful image Fae3D. I had a dream once of a glass piano in a rose garden. There was a beautiful young lady. She handed me glass cleaner and a lint free cloth, than she said make it shine, make me proud.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,418

deeleelaw57 said:

A wonderful image Fae3D. I had a dream once of a glass piano in a rose garden. There was a beautiful young lady. She handed me glass cleaner and a lint free cloth, than she said make it shine, make me proud.

Thank you!  And that's too funny, two different people dreaming of glass pianos in gardens, what are the odds!  I'm glad my dream pianist didn't ask me to clean it though lol!

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,215

It is a lot of glass to clean. If you had a cat of children never will look as clean as when you brought it home.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050

Fae3D said:

I've never entered here before, but I always read this thread and enjoy all the art.  So I thought, this month, I'd give it a try!  I hope I did this right!

Crystal Piano

I once had a dream, about a young man in formal clothes playing a glass/crystal piano, in a garden, at sunset. Most of my dreams are nightmares, so this strangely refreshing one was something I remembered. I gave the stage a mirrored surface to try to catch the colors of the sky.

Rendered in Iray.
    No post work except for the watermark.

Oh Fae3D   This is wonderful!  I saw it over at the PC thread with all the other pianos and thought it would be a good GLASS artwork.. and lo and behold... Here it is!  Thanks for joining us and sharing... It's a perfect addition to our little challenge ;)  

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,418

Llola Lane said:

Fae3D said:

I've never entered here before, but I always read this thread and enjoy all the art.  So I thought, this month, I'd give it a try!  I hope I did this right!

Crystal Piano

I once had a dream, about a young man in formal clothes playing a glass/crystal piano, in a garden, at sunset. Most of my dreams are nightmares, so this strangely refreshing one was something I remembered. I gave the stage a mirrored surface to try to catch the colors of the sky.

Rendered in Iray.

Oh Fae3D   This is wonderful!  I saw it over at the PC thread with all the other pianos and thought it would be a good GLASS artwork.. and lo and behold... Here it is!  Thanks for joining us and sharing... It's a perfect addition to our little challenge ;)  

Thank you so much!  I love art challenges, the PC contests always give me great inspiration, and I wanted to try this one, too.  Thanks for doing these challenges, there's always so much beautiful art made for them!

Fae3D said:

Llola Lane said:

Fae3D said:

Crystal Piano

Rendered in Iray.

Thank you so much!  I love art challenges, the PC contests always give me great inspiration, and I wanted to try this one, too.  Thanks for doing these challenges, there's always so much beautiful art made for them!

My pleasure... Feel free to join us every month... ;)  This challenge is open to everyone... Tell your friends ;)  

• OriginalSamhainOriginalSamhain Posts: 38
    edited August 2021

I can't believe I haven't checked this out before! I just threw this silly thing together to enter for this month, but I can't wait for the coming months! 

Hand of Glass 

Once I had a love and it was a gas
    Soon found out I was turning to glass

Hand of Glass.png
    1200 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by OriginalSamhain on

Kind of makes it hard to play guess what hand it's in. Very well done OriginalSamhain.

You took the red pill, didn't you! Awe ya gonna git it.

edited August 2021

OriginalSamhain said:

I can't believe I haven't checked this out before! I just threw this silly thing together to enter for this month, but I can't wait for the coming months! 

Hand of Glass 

Once I had a love and it was a gas
    Soon found out I was turning to glass

YAY  OriginalSamhain... Glad you found us ;)  Can't believe peeps still don't know about this challenge... Please tell your friends... ALL are welcome.. btw... Awesome first post with us.  ;)  Thanks for joining the fun!

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited August 2021

ok gang.. Here's mine...

"Glass Slipper"

What little girl didn't dream of being Cinderella and wearing glass slippers?  Well... I didn't... lol.  But I do so enjoy watching the movie.  ;)

ENJOY!

GLASS SLIPPERS August 2021 DONE SIGN.jpg
    1074 x 1074 - 156K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

I dreamed of being with Cinderella even if this version seems to have some pretty big shoes to fill. Still a classy pair of shoes for a classic tale and so very well done Llola Lane.

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284
    edited August 2021

A Glass Menagerie

Menagerie: a collection of animals, usually exotic, kept for display.

Kaiju enthusiasts might notice that highest level shows Gojira standing between a gorilla and a blue whale. A stegosaurus and a dragon stand below.

I was going to a glass house as an homage to Gary Larson and The Far Side but decided on this instead. Couldn't get it to render very well.

Post edited by Zatetic on

Zatetic said:

A Glass Menagerie

Menagerie: a collection of animals, usually exotic, kept for display.

Kaiju enthusiasts might notice that highest level shows Gojira standing between a gorilla and a blue whale. A stegosaurus and a dragon stand below.

I was going to a glass house as an homage to Gary Larson and The Far Side but decided on this instead. Couldn't get it to render very well.

Well done Zatetic   ... I had to look up Kaiju ... Found out that I AM a fan ;)  We even have a few VHS tape movies to prove it ;)  Glass is very tricky to render as I found out with my slippers... You did the scene wonderfully!  Thanks for sharing.

deeleelaw57 said:

I dreamed of being with Cinderella even if this version seems to have some pretty big shoes to fill. Still a classy pair of shoes for a classic tale and so very well done Llola Lane.

Oh.. I did forget to mention... My wedding shoes weren't glass but as close as I could get..  They were clear plastic... ;)  It was over 90degrees that day and my feet were swolen so bad that I didn't dare take them off for fear that I'd not be able to get them back on!  lol

Llola Lane said:

ok gang.. Here's mine...

"Glass Slipper"

What little girl didn't dream of being Cinderella and wearing glass slippers?  Well... I didn't... lol.  But I do so enjoy watching the movie.  ;)

ENJOY!

My wife wanted to be Cinderella. then we watch "Disaster Movie". Glass slippers can do a number on your feet.

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

ok gang.. Here's mine...

"Glass Slipper"

ENJOY!

My wife wanted to be Cinderella. then we watch "Disaster Movie". Glass slippers can do a number on your feet.

I'll take your word for it... Not seen the movie... My clear shoes sure did a number on my feet on our wedding day though!  lol.

Very well done Zatetic, a great collection of glass animals on glass pillars, so much easier to clean up after.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2021

Very nice glass renders, everybody, interesting approaches for sure:)) Here's mine...it's a re-render of an old scene, hope that's ok.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

Very nice, Sven!

Dana

Sven Dullah said:

Very nice glass renders, everybody, interesting approaches for sure:)) Here's mine...it's a re-render of an old scene, hope that's ok.

I've been doing re-renders of old 3Delight artwork to Iray also Sven...  Sometimes I even like the 3Delight better.  ;)  This is wonderful.  Thanks for sharing... I'd not seen it before.  Great story telling artwork ;)

edited August 2021

Tks DanaTA and Llola Lane:)

Oh but I still use 3DL exclusively, probably only done a handfull of IRay renders since the introduction in 2015:)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Old or new, 3DL or Iray, makes no difference this is still a great piece Sven Dullah. The expression and posture tell the tale, the bones of the bar and/or the lighting really makes this work.

My first thought when I saw this was of Perth Australia. I had the opportunity to visit once many years ago before the America's cup races and visited a local pub that looked very much like this.

Very well done and thanks for the memories.

Sven Dullah  Some day I'll be that good. 

@deeleelaw57 and @AgitatedRiot

Wow, tks for the feedback and for making my dayblush

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Late to the party here. This one was an absolute PitA to get into an acceptable shape. 3DL, since I won't touch Iray if I can avoid it. 

2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 245K

JOdel said:

Late to the party here. This one was an absolute PitA to get into an acceptable shape. 3DL, since I won't touch Iray if I can avoid it. 

Very nice:) Who's the little fellah closest to the camera? Absolutely adorable:)) 

JOdel said:

Wonderful JOdel... I didn't touch Iray til I got my new computer... I've had to cave in since I can't get 3Delight to work as well as it used to (sighs)... You definately got the glass cases to look like glass... Thanks for joining the fun!

Very nicely done JOdel, I don't know the name of the creature at the bottom of the screen but I know he is a star as I have seen him in one of those late night stop motion movies.