Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

egehlin - nice to see you back (also on bryce5.com). Both scenes look great.

mermaid - great space scene.

• egehlinegehlin Posts: 29
    edited August 2021

mermaid -- Thank you for your kind comments.  Your space render is impressive. The cloud effects suggest gas and ice particles sublimating from a comet's surface. I really must purchase the Space Construction Kit and give it a try myself. Very well done.

Horo -- Many thanks!! It's good to be back.

Post edited by egehlin on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Thanks Horo and Egehlin for the nice of the comments

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

papatulus, Horo, mermaid010, adbc, Hansmar - thanks for kind comments.

Sword models used were weekly freebies here at some point. Finally gave them some usage.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

Egehlin : wow, two beautiful renders. The alien trees (plants) are awesome. Great space render, the background is very well done.

mermaid : Excellent space scene.

adbc -- Thanks for your kind comments.

adbc - thanks for your comment

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

adbc, Horo, mermaid, papatulus: thank you.

egehlin, welcome back in the forum. Great renders. Fantastic use of the tree lab in the marsh-render. The sky-effect in the space render is great. But it looks like the moon is very close to the planet, because it is very sharp. Since there is ice on the planet, I think there must be an atmosphere. That would lead to the moon being a bit vague, I think. Maybe put it further away (if the 2D plane allows) and use a bit of haze?

Mermaid: wow, you use that Space construction kit very well!

edited August 2021

Hansmar-- Thank you for your comments. You're correct about the frozen planet render. Even Pluto, which has an icy reflective surface possesses a thin atmosphere that the New Horizons spacecraft detected when it took its final pictures as it passed by. I tried to add some haze to the render but it was burning out the nebula colors near the horizon. Darker haze colors weren't working too well either. Finally, I left it as is. If anyone has any suggestions on this I'm "all ears".

edited August 2021

The S-island from High Resolution Terrains 3 and two in the distance with materials from the same set and HRT-2. The sun rays are from Environment - Inclement Weather, sky and ambient light from Sunless HDRI Skies.

Converse Coves

ConverseCoves.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 188K
    Post edited by Horo on

egehlin, I was afraid of something like that. You could try to play with the texture, try to give it something that is a bit greyish or make it a bit transparent, so it does not stand out as much. Another possibility that might help a bit is to put some light on the shadow side, because it is mainly the very black shadow that jumps out to me. If you use a spotlight aimed at the moon and exclude the 2D face and other elements that might be lighted by the light accidentally, you will get less contrast between the moon and the background.

Horo, what can I say? It is a wonderful render. I love the light reflecting from the mountainside and the atmosphere is great.

Hansmar-- Thanks for the tips. I go back to my finished works from time-to-time and rework them. I've added "Ice World" to the list. It doesn't hurt to revisit a render and try something different. That's how we learn.

Horo-- Thanks for your comment. I know you and David Brinnen have done a lot of work with various lighting strategies. I really must take the time and watch your numerous videos on the subject. I also intend to explore HDRI and IBL. Now that I'm "retired" I should have more time to do so.

edited August 2021

Monument: A memorial structure on an alien world. The terrain, structures and sky were created and rendered in Bryce 7.1 Pro. The galaxy was painted in Universe Image Creator and composited into the background with Corel PhotoPaint.

Monument

Monument_sm.png
    1600 x 800 - 2M

Horo-- I'm really impressed with the colors and lighting in your island render. It's a beautiful and dramatic scene.

edited August 2021

Horo : like always : outstanding render, the light and atmosphere are perfect.

egehlin : Beautiful alien world, great background.

A terrain made from a material, gasclouds HDRI for the sky and "Blade Shrine" from Summoner.

blade shrine.jpg
    640 x 800 - 78K
    Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - thank you.

egehlin - thank you. Great space render.

adbc - thank you. The terrain with the Blade Shrine in it looks fantastic, the sky fits perfectly.

edited August 2021

adbc-- Thanks for your comment. Your Blade Shrine image is great. I can see this as a fantasy book cover or movie poster. Well done.

Horo-- Many thanks for your comment.

Horo - another outstanding render, the lighting is awesome.

Egehlin - excellent the alien world monument

Adbc - awesome render, very well done, cool model.

Thank you mermaid.

mermaid-- Thanks for your comment.

Horo, egehlin, mermaid : thank you for your comment.

edited August 2021

The X Island was used for this render, the lighting is from Exotic Hdri for Fantasy Skies. The spaceship is from Drachenlords.

x3-exotic.jpg
    900 x 600 - 129K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

eghelin, you are right, revisiting old works to try to improve them is a great way of learning. I like your alien memorial and the background is wonderful.

adbc, I agree with egehlin: this would make a great fantasy cover. Love how the shrine more or less emerges from the terrain.

Mermaid, that is a wonderfully lighted scene. Love the sky.

mermaid-- Your x-island render is great. Awesome sky and lighting.

Hansmar-- Thanks for your comment.

mermaid : x-island is a great render, fantastic sky, terrain and water.

Hansmar : thank you.

edited August 2021

mermaid - Beautiful sky, it cheered me up when I saw it while labouring on my rather grey swamp scene.

Xfrog trees and bushes from the Vegetation set on a terrain, all within a fading mirror box. Lots of Fog and Haze and only a bit of sun light.

Misty Swamp

MistySwamp.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 236K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo-- Awesome swamp scene. Found myself looking out for alligators and snakes. Very well done.

Thanks Hansmar, Egehlin, Adbc and Horo for the nice comments.

Horo - the swamp scene is fantastic

egehlin - thank you. Yes, I missed the alligators, too. While I worked on the scene, all of them swam to the left and are now out of sight, darn beasts.

mermaid - thank you.

edited August 2021

Horo : beautifully done swamp scene, great atmosphere.

A mix of rocks and Bryce trees, to assemble a fantasy vegetation.

A strange set of trees.jpg
    1024 x 468 - 102K
    Post edited by adbc on
This discussion has been closed.