Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• Spuddy Thank you very much. I had to use a higher point of view, that I could hide the edges of my terrains (I was a bit lazy, when I created the terrains for the waves). What I like about your terrains is that the waves look like as they would move in one direction. I wonder how you achived this effect.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449
    edited August 2021

Thanks I created  a height map in twistedbrush and refined it in the  TE  .the pics are the terrains from front to back 3 in all

ScreenHunter_2053 Aug. 10 17.07.jpg
    1520 x 915 - 181K
    ScreenHunter_2054 Aug. 10 17.07.jpg
    1581 x 958 - 189K
    ScreenHunter_2055 Aug. 10 17.08.jpg
    1580 x 937 - 180K
    ScreenHunter_2057 Aug. 10 17.25.jpg
    1483 x 906 - 380K
    ScreenHunter_2058 Aug. 10 17.39.jpg
    1871 x 1004 - 573K
    Post edited by spuddy on
  • papayapapaya Posts: 27
    edited August 2021

Electro-Elvis - I really love your 'kitsch' render! The lighting and subtle fog are excellent. The boat over the foamy waves is also stunning.

Horo - very imposing lattice, it almost feels like it's something that's attempting to rise up out of the ocean. The colours on your rainbow render are similarly mesmerizing.

mermaid - fun abstract render, very kaleidoscopic - is that a word?

spuddy - absolutely love how your choppy seas look, that's a very neat trick with the staggered terrains, thank you for sharing how the magic is performed!

akmerlow - very nice render, the blades scattering the foreground looks really cool (at least, I believe they're swords?), looks like an intimidating field of grass.

My own contribution to the thread, a concept I wanted to see if I could make in Bryce. Cutaway dioramas floating in an endless void. Once I put the scene together I flipped the whole scene and camera upside down to make it look like it's above the clouds (there's probably an easier, or more convincing, method)

room1440pa.png
    2560 x 1440 - 862K
    Post edited by papaya on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited August 2021

spuddy - thank you. Great water experiments. Theoretical, water is easy to make in Bryce. However, even though water is water it depends whether it is on a wind still alpine lake looking like a mirror, or on a lake when a heavy wind blows, a storm on the open sea, the beach at low or high tide ... this is the part that makes it difficult to get it right or at least the way you think it is right. And then, there is how it is lit which can make profound differences.

Electro-Elvis - how the boat appears in your water looks quite good. We must not forget that the foamy water can have so many different looks. Our imagination and expectations may judge your result good or not so very good. We ought to be there ourselves to make a valid judgement whether it looks right or wrong.

akmerlow - good to see you back at Bryce. Interesting work. I cannot say what you should change. It is not meant to look real but is a fantasy environment and you are the master of your imagination.

papatulus - thank you. I cannot see your artwork. I suspect that you deleted the small attached image and with it the main image disappeared. If you see the image, then it is in your browsers cache. Please upload it again, I would like to see what you did.

Post edited by Horo on

Horo said:

papatulus - thank you. I cannot see your artwork. I suspect that you deleted the small attached image and with it the main image disappeared. If you see the image, then it is in your browsers cache. Please upload it again, I would like to see what you did.

woops, thank you for catching that! Hopefully it should be re-added to the post now? 

edited August 2021

papatulus - it's back! Great. Very interesting, I like it a lot. Now it appears to be horizontally squashed. It may be your intention that it looks that way and then it's fine. Otherwise, scale the image horizontal to not wider than 800 pixels. The forum calculates the corresponding vertical size automatically so that the aspect ratio stays correct. The uploaded image can be wider than 800 pixels but within the comment section, it must not exceed 800.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Horo - superb colorful abstract, it's awesome.

Spuddy - both your latest ones are very nice renders, I like the 2nd better.

Electro-Elvis- awesome waves, I like the splashes.

Akmerlow - really nice fantasy render, I like the contrast of the bright foreground against the dark sky

Papatulus - wow that came out very nice, I like the effect.

edited August 2021

ah yes, forgot I could resize it when embedding the image, should be less squashed now (hoping I haven't somehow managed to delete the entire image again). Thank you for your kind words Horo and for helping me solve the issues with posting the image. I'll get the hang of it eventually :P

Post edited by papaya on

mermaid - thank you.

papatulus - ah, now it looks even better.

Papatulus - the image looks much better now, thanks for your comment.

edited August 2021

Thanks everyone

papatulus  lovely render it would make a nice print

still playing with water I'm afraid and for fear of teaching granny to suck eggs if I am I apologise

this is how I went about the next experiment 

took this free water ripple picture

trurned it into grayscale

set up new terrain from image in TE

adjusted it useing large brush

to end up with this

this is just a surface water plain with the final material added and the same set up as the final render to show the difference

this is the first render using the new terrain that was made from the picture ..it is just one terrain...different material colours from the final example and a different sun angle gives a much rougherlooking  sea

this is the final render using three terrains with different material colours and sun position there were many different results available by as Horo said changing lighting viewing angle colours etc

turbulence-waves-sea-water-background3.jpg
    580 x 432 - 215K
    turbulence-waves-sea-water-background2.jpg
    580 x 432 - 153K
    ScreenHunter_2060 Aug. 11 11.11.jpg
    1555 x 943 - 302K
    ScreenHunter_2061 Aug. 11 11.12.jpg
    1768 x 926 - 294K
    ScreenHunter_2062 Aug. 11 11.13.jpg
    1717 x 911 - 239K
    ScreenHunter_2059 Aug. 11 10.57.jpg
    1532 x 932 - 172K
    sea experiment6 flat plain.png
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    sea experiment4.png
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    sea experiment7.png
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by spuddy on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : awesome result on the lattice, very colourful.

spuddy : the choppy sea looks very good. You last experiment with the sea is very successful.

Electro-Elvis : very realistic sea, I love the foam.

akmerlow : cool abstract image.

papatulus : beautiful render, great lighting.

spuddy - great experiments.

adbc - thank you.

spuddy - cool experiments

edited August 2021

Thanks everyone

still playing I'm afraid just two terrains sea and shore

seashore4a.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on

spuddy - with playing we learn.

spuddy - nice render, like Horo mentioned with playing we learn. I like the foreground texture.

spuddy : great render.

thank you mermaid, spuddy and adbc.

also spuddy I'm really enjoying seeing the evolution of the sea renders here, your most recent one especially looks really nice with the way the shore meets the water.

Cheers everyone  for looking and comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Spuddy, those are great results and an excelent idea to start with a water picture to create water.

Electro-elvis, I like your water very much too.

Akmerlow, good to see you back and experimenting. I like this kind of work.

Papatulus, Very original. What if you create a volumetric cloud layer and place your cut-outs above it and then render? Maybe gives another nice effect.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited August 2021

I went back to an old file with an abstract scene. There is a sphere, fully reflective and 50% transparent around the scene. A radial light at the back, a red metal cylinder and two half torusses, both with a glass texture. Light comes from the sun and an IBL with the Gasclouds_B06_1280 HDRI from Horo. I made severa; earlier renders with this set of items, but with different positions, textures, skies.

engine3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 754K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar : outstanding abstract, beautiful colours.

Hansmar - very cool looking abstract.

Hansmar lovely abstract, awesome colors.

Hansmar - thank you, I had thought about a cloud layer, I'll need to try it out and see what it looks like - although I've struggled to use volumetric clouds before. I also really like your abstract, excellent effect.

• egehlinegehlin Posts: 29

Greetings everyone. It's been a number of years since I last posted to the Bryce forums but I thought it was high time I jumped back in.

This image: a marsh land on an alien world makes extensive use of the Bryce Tree Lab. Note:This is a heavily reworked version of a Bryce 6 render I did in 2010.

Alien Marshland

The Bogs On Zhayet Ghul_revised 2021_final.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 563K
    edited August 2021

Wow beautiful render egehlin, I love the atmophere, welcome back to the forum. Hoping to see more of your work.

A space scene from me using the Space Construction Kit.

space17.jpg
    654 x 850 - 467K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • egehlinegehlin Posts: 29
    edited August 2021

A space render this time. An Icebound planet and its moon. Terrain and moon created in Bryce. The nebula and star background was painted using Universe Image Creator, Corel PhotoPaint & Affinity Photo, imported into Bryce and applied to a 2D face. All were then rendered within Bryce as a single scene.

Ice World

Ice World_final_sm.png
    1000 x 500 - 872K
    Post edited by egehlin on

Wow Egehlin, I think we cross-posted awesome space scene

This discussion has been closed.