SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

inquire said:

Your guys are so good looking.

aww thanks!

edited July 2021

Boyd and Owen show off two sets of their really big collection of Cargo shorts. Owen's wearing the latest set: Stylized 2021 and Boyd is Wearing Summer Vacation Outfit, with the ever-fashionable socks and sandals, sans hat. Boyd isn't always the most fashion-aware person. I was surprised how much I liked the fit of the tank top in that set. Too bad the textures are sort of...Silly.

Cargo-kings.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited August 2021

I am beginning to wonder if there's something about Stylized21's shirt that does odd things with guys with bigger chests. Boyd looked moobtacular, nemesis10's guy looks positively Amazonian (just the one moob, thanks), and now Owen also looks unusually chesty. I wonder if there's something about the texture that emphasizes chests in an odd way.

It might be how that rectangle in the words cuts right where the pectoral definition is, emphasizing things in a weird way.

Post edited by vwrangler on

Yeah I am beginning think you may be right, we shall look into the matter when I get back from dinner. Perhaps the shirt is clinging weirdly.

edited August 2021

Okay, as far as I can tell, I think I'm siding with the texture emphasizing the valley between the pecs, and the fact that the shirt is super clingy to the chest center, making it appear more moobish.The distortion of the letters might add to the look.

1. Exhibit A. Owen shirtless. He does have a deep area in between his pecs.

2. This is the contours of the shirt. Aside from flaring rather largely at the bottom, which may indicate a female fit, now that I think of it. It does Fit Owen's shape. The hip thing is kind of odd, for a shirt designed for a male toon with small hips.

3. Ths shirt with texture Note, the deep valley in the center of his chest, the white letters on the pec area, and the flaring waist.

4. A similar style shirt, but without moob. 

5. Shirt again, made transparent. The clinging center is really embedded there. It emphasizes the other parts of the shirt I think.

6. Same biker blue shirt from earlier, same pose, but less valley in the center.

shirtless.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 623K
    shirless2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 734K
    shirt.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 718K
    transparent.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 549K
    arm-up24.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 907K
    arm-up.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

OK, that makes sense. I think I might go ahead and pick it up, now that I know what's going on.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited August 2021

I used to have to buy those summer BDU cargo style pants as replacements when I was in the military and I know you complain about DAZ 3D clothing quality sometimes but those things in real life are ragged trash. They only get away with selling those because soldiers are forced to buy them. 

+++++

The center of Owen's chest is concave. I have a cousin with a concave chest and it's similar, but not so deep as Owen's. I don't think Owen's is actually anatomically possible being so deep.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Google bodybuilder torso. It is possible to have a chest like this. 

edited August 2021

It is safe to say that Grandad's resistance activities aren't tied to his carefully cultivated cover identity . 

Grandad's minions work hard to discredit his own genius on the Interwebs and the Virtual World of the future. 

Few remember Silas Kelly, Goodby's former business partner

grandad.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 953K
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I really, really like that image you have there @Serene_Night! The neon magenta and blue/purple and black is gripping.

Mary

Thanks so much, Mary! I tried to capture the dystopian feel which is the reality of the future.

edited August 2021

Owen and Boyd horse around at the beach. Boyd has on Dzheng's Undergear 14 Briefs... The... Latest one? (sorry, there just are so many) And the Kaos3d texture expansion, Urban Cool IT. Owen has on my favorite male sandals which ironically come with On The Beach (60s) Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D  if you turn off the opacity on the saggy socks, the sandals are awesome.

beachtime.jpg
    2572 x 2286 - 3M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

What hair is Boyd wearing?

Boyd's long hair is Osher hair. 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Thank you  ,yup I've got it ..... even organized  the memory is still shot

edited August 2021

Okay, so this figure came up in the deep discount pile. Chase for G 8 Male. I actually think the promos for this one, with the curled beard, did not really excite me. I also did not like the facial pore closeup which triggers a small amount of Trypophobia in me. Nevertheless, I liked his body shape, and think this is a great character. To me there is a slight Chaz Bono vibe with this figure. The figure includes textures for male and female appearing genital parts.

I also used the Graig Tough Guy hair and beard by neftis. I had to recolor it since the blonde was getting somewhat bleached out. I do like this hair. 

chance-.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Serene Night said:

Owen and Boyd horse around at the beach. Boyd has on Dzheng's Undergear 14 Briefs... The... Latest one? (sorry, there just are so many) And the Kaos3d texture expansion, Urban Cool IT. Owen has on my favorite male sandals which ironically come with On The Beach (60s) Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D  if you turn off the opacity on the saggy socks, the sandals are awesome.

Wonderful work, and an absolutely beautiful pose. Is this one of your own, or is it from a pose set? More of these happy gay guys together pose sets should be available.

edited August 2021

Thank you so much.smiley Yes, I do enjoy happy pictures of couples.

The poses are from Better together Genesis 8

Owen's pose is: number 5 in that set. I did not like the corresponding pose for the other partner, it looked a touch feminine,  so I believe I used number 18 from that set for Boyd. Both are pretty tweaked, to make it work, but at least I did not need to start from scratch.

The pose sets include male/male options for the poses even though the initial promos show a heterosexual appearing couple.

edited August 2021

Okay, here is dForce Casual Flannel Outfit for G8.1 and G8 Males. The outfit includes a flannel shirt, rolled-up but somehow relaxed-fit jeans, and hiking boots. 

The shirt fits very tightly for a flannel shirt. The Jeans are bulky relaxed fit but also rolled. I usually see rolled jeans cuffs on tighter 50's style pants. The boots are sort of pointed and desperately need a foot pose since the position of the foot distorts them.  There is an open shirt option as well, but the opened version includes buttons or... Snaps on both sides, which is unusual. The top of the jeans is fairly high-waisted for a contemporary style, and the pockets on the rear are micro given the relaxed fit of the jeans.

What I would probably have liked to have seen, is the shirt needs to be less form-fitting. An undershirt would need to be included, and perhaps thicker soles on the boots. At this point, I think dForce is kind of wasted here since I doubt Owen could move very much in the shirt.

The textures are quite nice. The jeans I think are my favorite bit, since I do like the rolled cuffs, and the stitching.

obvious-mistake4.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1015K

Serene Night said:

Thank you so much.smiley Yes, I do enjoy happy pictures of couples.

The poses are from Better together Genesis 8

Owen's pose is: number 5 in that set. I did not like the corresponding pose for the other partner, it looked a touch feminine,  so I believe I used number 18 from that set for Boyd. Both are pretty tweaked, to make it work, but at least I did not need to start from scratch.

The pose sets include male/male options for the poses even though the initial promos show a heterosexual appearing couple.

Thanks very much. I bought that pose set.

edited August 2021

Question about Dragan HD, just released today: Does he have anatomical elements textures? Does anyone know? Otherwise, he looks good. What interests me is that the info on his page says 

"Dragan is a highly detailed character with a sculpted HD add-on in Sub-D Level 4!

"Also included is a high quality, detailed, baked normal map if you can't afford to render it at high resolution."

This HD Sub_D Level 4 apparently is included in the price for Dragan. And, for PC members, it's only $9.29 for the whole thing.

So, this might make rendering quicker. But, in case I wanted to use nudity, I don't want to have to mess with trying to get textures for the anatomical elements to match up witjh Dragan.

Post edited by inquire on

Dragan has no elements texture.

Serene Night said:

Awww, NO! Anyone know of another figure which will have a close blend with Dragan, if I were to use that figure's anatomical elements textures along with Dragan?

edited August 2021

This is Luthbellina's Dystopian HD Outfit with texture expansion on Boyd. 

This is a great set, with a tremendous amount of detail, and armaments. The texture expansion is awesome.

outfitm.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 2M

inquire said:

Serene Night said:

Awww, NO! Anyone know of another figure which will have a close blend with Dragan, if I were to use that figure's anatomical elements textures along with Dragan?

Tate's https://www.daz3d.com/tate-hd-for-genesis-81-male-and-fred-81

dingus almost works. You might have to add a bit of hair, but the color and skin pallor is nearly identical.

OK. Thank you very much for the investigation.

edited August 2021

inquire said:

Serene Night said:

Unfortunately, Kooki99 doesn't do anatomical elements textures for their characters. Given his complexion, if you have any of the recent Morris/Emrys guys -- Alexei, Rocco, Tate -- they'll probably be a decent match. However, you'll either need a fair amount of hair down there, so to speak, to hide the place where they meet, or to do the blending in postwork. (Unless you want to make the texture, which is mildly complicated and involves getting some tools from Renderotica.)

EDIT: Sorry for the duplication; for some reason, the system didn't show me the last few messages in the thread until after I commented.

I wonder if this is the first instance of Daz including a random (... VERY random) guy in a female bundle, the way they have been with male bundles lately? Can't remember it happening before, but I don't always pay that much attention to female bundles.

Post edited by vwrangler on

Thanks for the info, vwrangler.

Don't worry about duplication. I enjoy your posts vwrangler.

Did that character Zack come bundled with V8.1 ?

No Zak HD for Genesis 8.1 Male

Came with the Brooke Manhattan Style bundle.