Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 624
    edited July 2021

This is inspired by a George Booth cartoon I saw in the New Yorker magazine years ago that still cracks me up.

Caption:   "You twitched and whinnied all night !"

You Twitched and Whinnied All Night - 001.png
    2300 x 1800 - 6M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Cat Fight

2021-07-06 19:53:02.851 Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 4.53 seconds

Catalyzer Fur

Click on image for full size.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2021

Always a fun thread to come back to... lots of good stuff since my last image.

This was mostly warm-up/practice for Fantasy contest, but maybe I enter it as well since we have unlimited entries? Too many good artists here to have a great shot, anyway. You never know what the judges will vote for.

Anyway... this is always my thing when the "practical armor" thread comes up. Practical, realistic armor for women in ye olden times was a dress and a crown, not a suit of armor.

I'm more of a fan of the unrealistic.

And this is Genesis 3. Not Genesis 8 or 8.1 at all. No dForce used in the outfit.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • Needed a break from Fantasy, so here's some denim.

Again, she's Genesis 3. You can still pull pretty good shapes from Genesis 3.

• Now in schoolteacher flavor.

Again, she's Genesis 3. Not bad for older technology.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

As usual, some fantastic renders here!!

I've been in serious lurk mode, but thought I'd come out of hiding and share this image I did to the Sword and Sorcery contest. It's not 100% pure Iray render, but close. I adjusted levels and added a semi transparent unsharp mask layer just to help some of the details pop (and a slight lighting filter from G'MIC), but everything else is all Iray render. (Sorry if you already saw this in the contest thread, but I thought there might be people watching this thread that aren't interested in the contest, so figured I'd share it anyway.)

If your interested in the backstory for the image, It's posted in all my galleries linked below.

• Very nice... always good to see other images. You get into a rut with your own styles and ideas, so it's a good reminder of what else is possible.

I've been working a lot with Genesis 3 lately (conversions to the new PBR skin shader), so here's another one. Genesis 3 can still look pretty good, I think.

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564

DustRider said:

I've been in serious lurk mode, but thought I'd come out of hiding and share this image I did to the Sword and Sorcery contest. It's not 100% pure Iray render, but close. I adjusted levels and added a semi transparent unsharp mask layer just to help some of the details pop (and a slight lighting filter from G'MIC), but everything else is all Iray render. (Sorry if you already saw this in the contest thread, but I thought there might be people watching this thread that aren't interested in the contest, so figured I'd share it anyway.)

If your interested in the backstory for the image, It's posted in all my galleries linked below.

Looks really nice, the lightning is great! Good luck on the contest.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

Rafmer said:

DustRider said:

Looks really nice, the lightning is great! Good luck on the contest.

Thanks!!! laugh 

• Working through a creative block... with swimsuits.

This is Genesis 3 (skin is Maddelirium's Lacie at Renderosity). I converted the textures to the new PBR skin shader using custom SSS maps, Detail maps and overall PBR settings from Victoria 8.1. I reduced the Detail weights to remove some of the scaly skin look... the microdetails were too much for my tastes.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

I was thinking of something annoying for a D&D campaign and this sprang to mind;

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#image=1162627

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

UHF said:

I was thinking of something annoying for a D&D campaign and this sprang to mind;

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#image=1162627

• Just started. after following a few tutorials and reading forums and watching youtube, this is my first render. It's ok but nt nearly as good as what I have seen here. Any tips?

I am running a Sgaer Laptop with a i7, 16gb ram, and a RTX 2080

No post processing on the image (I havent learned that yet)

• I am still learning. This was my first render. I hve been reading the forums and watching youtube to ge tbetter.

I am running a Sager Laptop with a i7 cpu, 16gb Ram and a RTX 2080

No post processing was done on the image (Still dont know how to do that yet)

Rendering took about 20 minutes

Any tips to improve my work? Thanks

Cattriona Spy Girl 2 beach.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    spy girl 3.png
    1000 x 1000 - 604K
    spy girl 1.png
    1000 x 1000 - 295K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited August 2021

The Blurst of Times said:

Very nice... always good to see other images. You get into a rut with your own styles and ideas, so it's a good reminder of what else is possible.

I've been working a lot with Genesis 3 lately (conversions to the new PBR skin shader), so here's another one. Genesis 3 can still look pretty good, I think.

There are many great G3 characters yes, and also some G2 and G1 for that matter.  Here's a couple (EJ Tania and BD Elena, both modded a bit) I bougth in this week's $1.99 sales:

g3f_ej-tania_03.png
    800 x 930 - 579K
    g3f_bd-elena_camping_03.png
    797 x 930 - 1M
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

jd641 said:

j cade said:

A couple clean portraits

What is the morph/morphs used on the first image? The face is really really stunning.

whee very late reply, but a completely custom morph actually. I've been having fun sculpting of late

and my most recent renders, one of which even has scenery!

• sidsid Posts: 396

j cade said:

Damn, Wolfgang is handome, isn't he? And is she your own textures? Looks really nice and the eye shape is great. 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,333

I suspect mine may be the only contest entry Daz get featuring a diesel generator and two portapotties. It might well get thrown out early in the judging as a result, but it's an idea I'd been thinking about doing anyway, which was more important to me than working on some idea specifically for the contest.

~~~~~

"Preparing for Adventure":

Gallery Link

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Hiss.

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited August 2021

Just more shader, lighting, and dforce experiments. The wedding dress kept its original shader but I added a warm white satin shader to her pointe shoes 

I added an ostrich leather shader to her pointe shoes but you can't really tell from this far and added a black silk shader to the main part of her jacket and sleeves 

Skirt With Leather Textures Rock Outfit.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Wedding Gown Pose 2.png
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
    sid said:

j cade said:

Damn, Wolfgang is handome, isn't he? And is she your own textures? Looks really nice and the eye shape is great. 

Wolfgang is *fantastic*. Strong Humphrey Bogart energy. The lady is using either Jacqueline or Catty's textures, with tweaked material settings.
  • Another Genesis 3 test thingy... both are Genesis 3, converted to the new PBR skin shader.

• sidsid Posts: 396

j cade said:

Wolfgang is *fantastic*. Strong Humphrey Bogart energy.

I decided on him as a forum avatar.... he can look on as I post all the dumb questions on the Blender sub-forum. 

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 624
    edited August 2021

"It's not broken.  It's being maintained..."

Not Broken - 001.png
    2300 x 1800 - 5M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
    edited August 2021

I combined pieces from different sets. I combined different figures and adjusted her and used Alice's skin and makeup and used Adeline as my starting point. I used Daz metrics and my adjustments turned out to be 181cm  so she's really tall

The skirt is a wrap skirt with a leather shader over it and I used a metal shader on the buttons. I lengthened it and adjusted its dForce settings and I used Valerya armor for the gloves and top and Mage Apprentice boots since they looked practical and fit the setting. I used a running pose from Fresh Pretty Sakura poses which has many poses I love and while many assume your character wears heels I can just reset the feet if I have to. The setting is Render Studio 3 HDRI 

I like this design and character enough to use in actual scenes 

Elf Armor 1.png
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    edited August 2021

Here's the character again but with adjustments to the shader and I included one without the chestplate 

Elf Princess Armor No Chestplate.png
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Elf Girl Aromor Pose 3c.png
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Elf Girl Armor Pose 3 Purple Rimlight.png
    2000 x 2600 - 2M

some fun lighting

also if you zoom all the way in you can see the the green light refracting and showing the iris hd morp and its nifty

• Okay, I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille.

I've been experimenting with the new PBR skin shader using Genesis 3. Basically, converting Iray skins to the new PBR to see what I like and don't like in the PBR. Ultimately, the goal is to have better control over the results.

I use Victoria 8.1's PBR settings as a base to work from. (I really should look at Mousso's 8.1 PBR settings as well... unless Mousso did V8.1, then it would be duplicative. I have no idea.)

I turned down the Detail Weights, but maybe they still feel heavy. The Detail Weight maps for V8.1 fit on Genesis 3 (since both are "Base Female" (no more unique UVs)), but I still feel like some of the microdetails are heavier than I want them to be.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Splurged on the recent merfolk bundles, because I am what I am.

Terror in the Deep

Spa Day

Sirening the Sirens

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Last Snow

2021-08-06 14:05:01.689 Total Rendering Time: 16 minutes 17.52 seconds

Click on image for full size