Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

Comments

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Thanks Shay. I think the jacket can be quite feminine with the right morphs activated.

This set will really amaze you. Here's a render to show how versatile it is:

family2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 334K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

*Looks carefully at Hitomi's foot.*

I think her toes sink into the shoe. o.o

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

The shoes aren't part of the product. The Base set contains the pants, shirt, jacket, necktie and handkerchief.

Tasseled loafers with socks are part of Expansion 01. People will have to add their own girly shoes, which the market already has quite a few of.

edited December 1969

I think they are just a little big for her. The toes collide with the shoes, so sinking isn't possible. The shoes aren't part of the product, so I'm not concerned about it.

Here's a render to show some new morphs SickleYield has added - to make the shirt longer and make the pants hipster.

V5.jpg
    700 x 910 - 344K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    . . . Here's a render to show some new morphs SickleYield has added . . .

Looking good! At this point there are two things that strike me as off for a realistic business suit. First, thank to the excellent sharp-shoulder morph, the pinstripes are obviously distorted -- can the UV mapping be adjusted (or, since it's a morph, an alternate UV mapping provided) to compensate? Second, the waistband of the pants seem to be riding awfully low on the hips -- except for people slinging under a large belly, men's business suit pants (IIRC) usually come up higher, closer to the navel.

Really looking forward to these coming out -- the promos just keep getting better and better!

edited December 1969

The last pic shown is using a low-hips morph. There are morphs to both raise and lower the waistline.

At this point probably not. I don't know of a good way to integrate the UV switching with the materials. The product already has more features than most customers will ever be able to find and use, so I expect to hear complaints about it not doing things that it can actually do but that people lose in the loooooong lists of morphs (even Marieah has asked me a couple of times to add things that were already there because they were under the Fixes and Layering heading).

edited December 1969

Marieah said:

Looking good! At this point there are two things that strike me as off for a realistic business suit. First, thank to the excellent sharp-shoulder morph, the pinstripes are obviously distorted -- can the UV mapping be adjusted (or, since it's a morph, an alternate UV mapping provided) to compensate? Second, the waistband of the pants seem to be riding awfully low on the hips -- except for people slinging under a large belly, men's business suit pants (IIRC) usually come up higher, closer to the navel.

Really looking forward to these coming out -- the promos just keep getting better and better!

I think you misquoted me. The rest of the sentence is..."to make the pants hipster and the shirt longer." There are lots of images in the thread to show that the pants are not hipster by default. I personally think this is great morph and particularly good on females, which is why I showed it and why I asked Shalen to add it. In that render, it is combined with another morph to make the pants bell bottomed/flared

Any morphs will distort the texture to some degree, and pinstripes are particularly vulnerable. The textures are the equivalent of 6000 by 6000 to minimize this. There is a broadcloth texture included which shouldn't show any noticeable distortion caused by morphs. I included pinstripes in brown, cream, grey, charcoal and navy because they are premium suit textures normally only available in add-on packs, not with a product and I thought people would appreciate having them. If the distortion shows too much, you can always use the included broadcloth in your own diffuse, or use your own shaders.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Marieah said:

I think you misquoted me. The rest of the sentence is..."to make the pants hipster and the shirt longer." There are lots of images in the thread to show that the pants are not hipster by default. I personally think this is great morph and particularly good on females, which is why I showed it and why I asked Shalen to add it. In that render, it is combined with another morph to make the pants bell bottomed/flared

Any morphs will distort the texture to some degree, and pinstripes are particularly vulnerable. The textures are the equivalent of 6000 by 6000 to minimize this. There is a broadcloth texture included which shouldn't show any noticeable distortion caused by morphs. I included pinstripes in brown, cream, grey, charcoal and navy because they are premium suit textures normally only available in add-on packs, not with a product and I thought people would appreciate having them. If the distortion shows too much, you can always use the included broadcloth in your own diffuse, or use your own shaders.

You can bet your sweet patootie that Fabricator is going to be "part in parcel" when this gets used. I already use the Fabricator and Machpack all over the place, and this set is just begging for them.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Marieah said:

I think you misquoted me. The rest of the sentence is..."to make the pants hipster and the shirt longer." . . .
    Whoops, I didn't realize "hipster" was synonymous with "hip-hugger", sorry. :red: And as a morph it's a great option to have, yet another that's gonna make this product an extremely versatile addition to G's wardrobe.

As for setting up an alternate UV to compensate for the inevitable stretching with that nice sharp-shoulder morph, I was hoping it'd be feasible since that's how it's often handled with Genesis's more extreme character morphs. But if you guys can't then you can't -- I appreciate your consideration of it.

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    . . . or use your own shaders.

You can bet your sweet patootie that Fabricator is going to be "part in parcel" when this gets used. I already use the Fabricator and Machpack all over the place, and this set is just begging for them.
    Ditto'ng this! And I notice from the latest pics a familiar necklace . . . %-P This has got "fun with shaders!" written all over it.
    edited December 1969

Kendall

Yes, I know. It's all I can do not to go crazy with Fabricator and Silkessence and stick with the included textures.

KickAir, a character can easily have alternate UVs for a single morph. We have a couple of hundred different morphs, and creating alternate UVs for each one would not be worthwhile.

Here's another render I did to show the versatility of this set with the morphs.. Can a business suit be cool, and wild and funky? Of course!

Hiro.jpg
    700 x 910 - 572K
  • FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

This looks wonderful! :) But I guess that shouldn't be a surprise considering who made it...

edited August 2012

Aw, thanks. :D

We've submitted it and DAZ is looking at the promo art.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • edited December 1969

This is amazing. Simply amazing. You'll have yours truly as a customer the second it's released.

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Wow, this looks so much cooler than last time I checked.
    The shoulder improvements nail it for me.

The morphs are awesome too.
    Superhero quick changes are going to be fun now... :coolgrin:

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Another fabulous product! You two are an awesome team.

Oh, and I seriously owe both of you an e-mail.

edited December 1969

Thanks. :)

And oooo.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited August 2012

Never mind.... sold! lol

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

Just finished the JCM on the jacket. The first pic shows without the Tight Fit morphs, and the second one is with them. Collision must be turned off on the shirt for proper use of the tight fit, and the sleeve material is hidden while the cuff material is visible.

As with any product where I'm allowed and it seems a good idea, JCM are optional under another morph heading, so the amount of them can be adjusted by the user for a given pose. Pic 3 shows another front view with the JCM at maximum.

Ah, yes, picture 3 works for me. :-)

edited December 1969

Well those last few images got me hooked all the way. Now I'm guessing that one on the previous page MIGHT be a sneak peek at Steph 5? I hope to GOD that DAZ is doing a David 5 too! Grrrrrrrrrr

edited December 1969

Heh. No, please don't go by the first few pics, we've been read the riot act enough already for posting before the morphs were done. Trust me, it won't happen again.

I hope there's a D5, too. There just aren't a lot of Genesis characters I don't want. :D

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I can hardly wait to get this, so I can stick my Tauran II into a business suit! MOO!

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

looks awesome... and the toddler in his suit is just cute enough to give me diabetes ^^

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome... cannot wait. Btw Sickleyeild, any news on the Genesis bathrobe?

edited December 1969

mardook said:
    Looks awesome... cannot wait. Btw Sickleyeild, any news on the Genesis bathrobe?

It's kind of sitting meshed and rigged on the back burner at this point. I've got this project plus its expansions plus another one I can't talk about yet to do before I even thinking about finishing that one. It's still going to happen, but it might be a little while.

edited December 1969

Daz still haven't decided whether or not they want to take our Genesis suiting. Obviously, we would prefer it to be sold here, but if not, it will be available at Renderosity where SickleYield's M4 suiting has always done very well.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Well colour me a whole rainbow of impressed. :wow:

I missed this thread originally because of messages not bumping threads but I've found it now and my brain has just exploded with the awesomeness of what you two have been creating in this product.

You've made a definite sale here! I hope Daz decides to accept it but I will be just as happy to follow the product to Rendo and get it there. This is the type of product we need more of for the Genesis figure IMO. :) And knowing the quality of work both Marieah and Sickle have a reputation for producing - well - it only goes to make the item doubly desirable.

Thank you for putting all this time into creating something so awesome. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Aw, thanks!

I hope so, too! But either way, I'm confident in the quality of our work. We've listened closely to all of the input we've had from all of you, and acted on it, and as a result this is a great product.

SMBSUnbuttonShirtSm.jpg
    462 x 600 - 208K
    SMBSLayeringDemoSm.jpg
    462 x 600 - 283K
    edited December 1969

love the shoulder square ... looks very realistic hon! Question.. is there a very extreme small collar starched look for when ties are worn (or not worn). Some guys are anal about their collars being very tidy and stiff.... hmmm lol

edited December 1969

There is a collar size morph. The starched points look to be worn with bow ties is with the expansion.