Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

1235713

Comments

  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 2,908
    edited December 1969

    Marieah said:
    Pendraia said:

    Fantastic...I'm sure that they will still want your textures. Maybe we need another shader set "Pinstripes, suit fabrics and shirts"

    Hugs

    Pen

    Sorry, I didn't read this properly the first time around. There is such a shader set already. It's called MachPack and it's part of my Fabricator family. It's full of masculine-orientated textures including pinstripes, shirts, denims, leathers, camo, chainmail and even metals. I used some of the tiles to texture this product.
    It's also really cheap for what it is.

    This set is great with shaders. You can just click on whatever tie and handkerchief texture you want. Silkessence is fantastic with it, specially on the waistocat that will be in the first expansion. I've actually used tiled textures for the suit and shirt because I can have a resolution of 6000 by 6000 which is terribly important to minimize distortion with extreme morphs. To achieve equivalent quality using a texture map I'd need a minimum of 10,000 by 10,000 and maybe even more. Fortunately, the important thing about a quality tailored suit is that you can't see any stitching. I think that is one of the few shader packs you did that I haven't got. Probably because I had the idea it was mainly camoflauge /war orientated type shaders. I will have to pick it up : )

    The velvets and cords you mentioned in your other response sound good also...

    I'm looking forward to the expansion pack as well.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited August 2012

    Hiya, I followed the link to the M3 suit that Mercedes posted and quite frankly I think this suit beats the pants off of that one, esp when the extra's packs are released. I really love the last couple of renders, shows just how versatile this will be for ALL ages and sexes... can't do that with Gen 3 or 4 suits.

    Now am I to understand that the shirt, tie and coat are ONE obj or 3 that come in together? I see images with the coat and tie off so I'm confused by bit about "Also remember that this is layered and that’s really hard to do, and is why the M4 suit jacket, shirt and tie came in one piece". Can you explain that a bit further or even Miss Sickle?

    In any case I'm thrilled to pieces for you both that you and DAZ are happy and it's going to be sold here. Hope they don't keep us waiting too long. I'm sure this suit will benefit from all of the great new tech in DAZ Studio now that 4.5 is live. :-)

    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Hiya, I followed the link to the M3 suit that Mercedes posted and quite frankly I think this suit beats the pants off of that one, esp when the extra's packs are released. I really love the last couple of renders, shows just how versatile this will be for ALL ages and sexes... can't do that with Gen 3 or 4 suits.

    Now am I to understand that the shirt, tie and coat are ONE obj or 3 that come in together? I see images with the coat and tie off so I'm confused by bit about "Also remember that this is layered and that’s really hard to do, and is why the M4 suit jacket, shirt and tie came in one piece". Can you explain that a bit further or even Miss Sickle?

    In any case I'm thrilled to pieces for you both that you and DAZ are happy and it's going to be sold here. Hope they don't keep us waiting too long. I'm sure this suit will benefit from all of the great new tech in DAZ Studio now that 4.5 is live. :-)

    The jacket, shirt and tie are three items which load separately and layer together. They are 1 in the M4 Business Suit and this is something we definitely wanted to avoid as it deprives the suit of much of its potential versatility.

    So basically, you would load all your suit items, pose your character and then use the morphs and presets to style all items to your taste, and also to eliminate any poke through.

  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 6,938
    edited August 2012

    What she said. ;)

    There are special morphs to layer them together, but all of them can be used separate from one another and are separately loading pieces. This base product is a five-piece set with pants, jacket, shirt, necktie and handkerchief. You will not see merged geometries in any product meshed by me; it takes more work to layer but I feel that it's worth it.

    Since I was asked via PM, I will add that, not only are there utility poses to hide the shirt sleeves, but the buttons on jacket and shirt can also be hidden (or resized, or moved out or in or left or right).

    Post edited by SickleYield on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 4,369
    edited December 1969

    Mercedesk said:
    Marieah said:
    Well, here's a couple more renders that show the versatility.

    Thanks - definitely looking more the part. The latter renders show this suit in a more favorable light - now the versatility is more apparent and certainly attractive!

    Tell you what - when the suit hits the store, drop me a PM and I'll send you a GC to the closest dollar value of the item. If you find yourself really liking it, as I suspect (and hope!) you will you can repay me.

  • WirenutWirenut Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

    This suit looks great. I hope it comes out soo........... ah, shortly.

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

    Wirenut said:
    This suit looks great. I hope it comes out soo........... ah, shortly.

    For Richard, just to make it really clear:

    mesh.jpg
    700 x 910 - 267K
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

    I am SO glad DAZ came to their senses on this one. This is simply a must-have item, and once it's out, it (plus expansions) will be the core of my Genesis wardrobe, along with a very small number of other items.

    I hope it sells crazy good, and inspires you two to make a tux cutaway as a future expansion! (I'd ask for a nice pleated skirt, but I don't know if that would even be possible without smoothing strength maps.)

  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

    SimonJM said:
    Mercedesk said:
    Marieah said:
    Well, here's a couple more renders that show the versatility.

    Thanks - definitely looking more the part. The latter renders show this suit in a more favorable light - now the versatility is more apparent and certainly attractive!

    Tell you what - when the suit hits the store, drop me a PM and I'll send you a GC to the closest dollar value of the item. If you find yourself really liking it, as I suspect (and hope!) you will you can repay me.

    Thank you for that, but it won't be necessary. Just like all the other Genesis users, I want a suit badly for Genesis... and as I said, the latter renders showed how much more they've done. I've learned my lesson, never be honest, or else you get lynched - jumped. I have every intention of buying the suit, because it's clear that it will be loaded with morphs to personalize it. All I wanted, was to be shown and sold on it's quality - to be convinced that I was getting a good suit. Isn't that what sales & promotion is all about?

    Anyway... well done Marieah and SickleYield... as I said from the beginning, I KNOW what a job it is to create and model clothing. Again, well done... ;-)

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited December 1969

    Hahaha. If that was directed at me I hardly lynched you hon. I simply said I checked out M3's suit and after looking it over just don't think it will stand up to all they have created here for Genesis.... Back in the day before all the tech we have now it was the very best that could be had for a figure of that Generation but now we have the best figures and more tech to create even better stuff for them... THANK GOD for the advances and the talented folks taking advantage of every bit of it....

  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Hahaha. If that was directed at me I hardly lynched you hon. I simply said I checked out M3's suit and after looking it over just don't think it will stand up to all they have created here for Genesis....

    ;-) - No... not directed at you. The thread has been cleaned up to keep things positive - via: moderators. :red: - In the end, the matter has been resolved, discussed and hashed out to what will be.

    Now, we all await it's release, and upon that - I will be purchasing it for my runtime and Genesis men or women, or kids. The M3 3 piece suit was good for it's time, and with all the morphs it did have, it did indeed lack many. However, it was sleek, trim lined and layed very well, that was my only point in using it as a comparison.

    Anyway - praises remain for the work done on this suit - and upon release, we will all - who have chosen to use Genesis, and purchase the suit, have a good time showing off it's morphs and versatility.

    :-)

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited December 1969

    WHEW>.. good to know... Well the Mods need to be aware... If they deleted a post we are back to getting "Thread not found" notices when we come to the thread because I got one of those. I thought the whole thread was removed because I just didn't expect that with NEW forum software! :bug:

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

    We are pleased to say that the suit is now in QA and we are working hard on the first expansion. The Expansion 1 textures will all match the base suit textures, and I'll put the satin brocades and fancier ones in the add on texture pack.

    Here's a render I did to show how nicely the shirt works when its morphed longer and puffier as classic long white shirt for a female.

    Popup11.jpg
    700 x 910 - 220K
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

    Can't wait to see it in the market to give it a good, I have some serious uses for it. Nice also to read that it will have expansion packages, fantastic!

  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 4,369
    edited December 1969

    Mercedesk said:
    Can't wait to see it in the market to give it a good, I have some serious uses for it. Nice also to read that it will have expansion packages, fantastic!

    *offers popcorn as we wait .. * :)
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

    SimonJM said:
    Mercedesk said:
    Can't wait to see it in the market to give it a good, I have some serious uses for it. Nice also to read that it will have expansion packages, fantastic!

    *offers popcorn as we wait .. * :)

    Hope you have it loaded with butter... gotta get that good fat in me! Hehehe...

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited August 2012

    Here's a first look - and my first render of the suit with waistcoat, Fedora and Ascot cravat. I have morphs applied to every item so the shapes you see are one set of options only.

    Waistcoat, Fedora, Ascot, Bow Tie, Shoes and socks, Briefcase, Belt and Shoulder Scarf together with styling, fitting and layering morphs to fit with the rest of the set are in Expansion 1. Textures will all co-ordinate with those in the suit pack, as you can see here with the navy linen suit.

    I hope you like it. Be sure to look at the bigger pic.

    ascot1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 148K
    Post edited by Marieah on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited December 1969

    That looks so nice! Hey, how about the waist coat / vest with a nice blue based paisley? Hehehe

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    That looks so nice! Hey, how about the waist coat / vest with a nice blue based paisley? Hehehe

    I know how crazy fussy you are about your paisleys so here's the deal: you send me a nice blue based paisley and I'll include it.Hehehe

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited December 1969

    LOL... I think I have one in the freebie Fabricator set I made.... Yup, here is a screen grab of some of the ones in that folder...

    RAMPaisley.jpg
    1117 x 829 - 807K
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Richard. I do have those. I overlooked them because the thumbnails are dodgy and I couldn't see the patterns. But the textures look great!

    Pick your two faves and I'll put them in.

    Here's a render showing the neck scarf in classic oatmeal. It has various morphs, including wrapping around. I'll include a few different knit styles for people to add their own diffuse color to.

    scarf1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 457K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited December 1969

    Paisley 05 & 06 are my all time favs. I really love how those turned out and I think since they have more multi colors in them will stand out better and go with more mixing and matching. If you want to include a third then go with the Paisley 03, which is a nice blue.

    Nice render! :-)

  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 6,938
    edited December 1969

    It's always very exciting to see how things look with Marieah's textures! I morph things usually in plain white with Genesis tinted blue so I can check for clipping. They just come alive with these exciting fabrics.

    I love a paisley waistcoat, too. ;)

    I think the next thing I do for Rendo is going to be an invisible hood for morphing Genesis hairs into the skull just at the back and middle to fit under hats. All my head coverings have clip fixers, including this hat. But really, real hair flattens down under a hat, you don't wear giant hats to fit the perimeter of your hair.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited December 1969

    Love to see Steph 5 in your business suit! She's just released! WOO HOO... I'm actually excited about her because she's got some very realistic womanly shapes included!

  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 6,938
    edited December 1969

    RAMWolff said:
    Love to see Steph 5 in your business suit! She's just released! WOO HOO... I'm actually excited about her because she's got some very realistic womanly shapes included!

    I like her even better than V5. I definitely plan to support her in everything I do from now on.

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

    That sounds like a great idea.

    You've done a pretty amazing job with this lot. You're becoming a layered clothing expert.

    I'm happy you like the textures. Paisley waistcoats can go in the texture expansion as I'm trying to match the included textures of the main items closely with those of the basic suit. But there's room for fun with bow ties and cravats.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 7,558
    edited December 1969

    Awesome and Awesome! :-)

  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

    Here's the grey flannel, Ascot and the scarf over the shoulders.

    Now I'll load up Stephanie and she can be my new model. The will be like the new Cuore di Moda...

    scarf3.jpg
    700 x 910 - 284K
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

    WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT!!!!!!!

    Do you two think you'll do an overcoat in an expansion, or would that just be asking for trouble with the layering?

  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 6,938
    edited December 1969

    I don't think I can fit an overcoat over the jacket AND the jacket over everything else. The waistcoat and shirt, maybe. All of them is just going to be too bulky to manage that many layers.

Sign In or Register to comment.