Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Nice Renders, hard to keep up with these forums now-a-days. beautiful work being done.

Dave I really like how the car renders are coming out.. I have a couple of freebies I used with DAZ Studio, I figured I try and
    see how they turn out in Bryce.. the Object/material groups are not the greatest, but you work with what you have

Pontiac51.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 356K
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited October 2014

Click it to make it bigger.

A small difference.

Art67a.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 352K
    Art67.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 340K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited December 1969

I see you keep very busy. I saw some very nice cars. I never succeeded in modelling a car yet.
    There were a bunch of 'random' shapes with great textures.
    Wonderful work all.

I 've been going into some more abstracts. Up to now four renders of more or less the same set-up with different light and textures. I put one on DeviantArt and one on Renderosity to show people that I'm still alive in Bryce.
    My computer was slowly crunching on a Bryce render with too many leaves and transparency and estimated 25 days or more of render, when I saw some grave errors in my work and decided to stop the render en start over... You won't see that one for many a day yet, I guess.
    The abstracts work much faster.

This one I put up here has the most weird set up of light and specifically textures. I stil hope you like it!

abstract7d.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@hansmar

A very nice render. What is the model ?

edited December 1969

With a small change. Click to see bigger.

Art68.jpg
    500 x 1000 - 234K
    edited October 2014

Nice Images Roland.

here we have a Chevy Truck

chevy-truck.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 516K
    Post edited by Rareth on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited October 2014

@Rareth- nice cars :) ...its making me feel like rending a few now, ile post what i come up with :)

Post edited by Tim82 on
    edited October 2014

A new ring.

Ring1Bump.jpg
    500 x 500 - 144K
    Ring1b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 141K
    Ring1a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 117K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Variation of the PT Cruiser now with added matching Gretsch guitar: :cheese:

PTCruiserALT2b.jpg
    1200 x 702 - 203K
    edited December 1969

something i started this morning just for fun :)

@Dave- nice car :)

Tropical_Island.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 303K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@Dave - great car renders, the PT Cruiser came out particularly nice. The snake-skin looks very real (the snake, too).

@Roland4 - always nice shapes, the gold rings look very good.

@Rareth - nice cars.

@hansmar - interesting abstract.

@Tim - great coast scene.

edited December 1969

@Horo

Thanks, in picture Nr. 3 i take a picture for bump.

edited December 1969

crawling crawling.

Art69.jpg
    500 x 500 - 130K
    edited December 1969

i thought i would join the car fad :)

Shelby_GT.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 128K
    edited December 1969

Roland those rings look awesome.

Dave I really like that PT cruiser.

Tim great coast scene, and one great looking mustang.

edited October 2014

My treasures for you. I want upload the scene file in my gallery but the scene file is to big (49 MB). Where can I upload my scene file so that others can use the models. The baseball is attending !

Art70.jpg
    500 x 500 - 159K
    edited December 1969

WWII Jeep, with Bryce colors instead of the image mapped textures.

Jeep.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited October 2014

@Horo

Can i send you this scene file to illuminate properly, and better read the lettering ?

Ring3a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 112K
    Ring3a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 133K
    edited October 2014

Roland4 said:
    @Horo

Can i send you this scene file to illuminate properly, and better read the lettering ?

Sure - though I can't promise anything but I'll gladly give it a try.

EDIT - while I'm answering ...

@Roland4 - the spider thingy looks good but a bit creepy. The table with your goodies looks fine. If you want to share, try Dropbox.

@Tim - nice Mustang.

@Rareth - nice Jeep.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@Horo

Thanks, i have sent the scene file to the mail adress from your website because i can not sent from here.

What is Dropbox ?

edited December 1969

@Roland4 - I got the file and acknowledged it via email. Dropbox is a free service that hosts files. I think you have to register. I'm not using it because I have my own web space. See www.dropbox.com.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited October 2014

@TheSavage64: A car and a matching guitar - wunderbar. (I am sorry, It came over me) ;-)

@Rareth: I like your new textured WWII car

@Tim Bateman: Beautiful beach scene and well presented car, too

@Roland4: Lovely rings and nicely presented objects

@Hansmar: Interesting abstract

I have tried to rebuild my chest of drawers with bryce, because I think this kind of rectangular furniture is just perfect for modeling with Bryce. But I wanted to avoid the standard cube with its sharp edges. Therefore I used the "los res rounded cube 3 %". It is a pity, that Bryce does not have a kind of bevel function or something similar like Wings3D.

ahexagonandabrycedresser.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 97K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

It is good to see so many nice renders filling up this thread. Tim's particularly caught my eye, but then again I am impartial to a nice landscape. While my free time has been absorbed with watching Modo tutorials I've finally managed to get around to making a little something. Here it is rendered in Bryce, just as a way of experimenting with the model. I've made this shape a few times in Wings. The last time in under a minute. You don't want to know how long it took me to figure out how to make it in Modo. But once done, here's the approach, it is quite different from Wings. Indeed the more I experiment with other modelling applications the more I come to appreciate what a jewel Wings 3D is! Modo 801 - ported cube - by David Brinnen

HDRI back drop used in this render is one of Horo's. At_ford_B_1280.hdr

Modo_bryce1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 250K
    edited October 2014

Wow David that's impressive looking,

Here we have the Same StandFord Dragon, with similar scene setups, same HDRI image for reflections and environmental lighting (or IBL)
    once done in Bryce, the other in Houdini, both are 640x480 resolution, to speed up render times, Bryce came out with better caustics.

SF_Dragon_Bryce.jpg
    640 x 480 - 385K
    SF_Dragon_Houdini.jpg
    640 x 480 - 230K
    Post edited by Rareth on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited December 1969

@Roland4: Thanks!
    I used a Torus, two elongated spheres that I subtracted one from the other (Boolean) and a decohedron. The thing made from the spheres is inside the torus and the decohedron is in the centre opening of the torus.
    I zoomed out a little to show the set-up in the picture.I also added the top view. Check out my versions in Renderosity and Deviantart (I am Hansmar everywhere) to see what difference textures and light make!
    I love your table of objects! I would not mind getting a link to your dropbox once you put it up there!
    And wonderful rings. Make me think of Tolkien.

@ Horo, electro-elvis: thanks!

@Rareth, TheSavage, Tim Bateman: nice car renders!

set-up_abstract7.JPG
    1371 x 687 - 248K
    abstract7_set_up_top.JPG
    1070 x 822 - 223K
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis - why not taking the Low Res Rounded Cube 6% from the Additional Primitives Rashad so lovingly made for us?

@Roland4 - I think I have something for you, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

@David - nice ice cube. ;-P

@Rareth - I prefer the Houdini render because it looks smoother. But the comparison may be a bit unfair. The Bryce render has indeed better caustics but it looks busier. The reason may be how transparency is handled by the two render engines.

edited December 1969

[quote author="Horo" date="1412538457
    @Rareth - I prefer the Houdini render because it looks smoother. But the comparison may be a bit unfair. The Bryce render has indeed better caustics but it looks busier. The reason may be how transparency is handled by the two render engines.

Horo, the main difference I think is that I used the Houdini Physically Based Render engine which tried to handle light realistically. the HDRI in it is mapped to an environment light, which to me is an entirely different kettle of fish than the Bryce IBL setup, That and out of the Box Houdini is lacking in materials compared to what I have in Bryce. so I might be raiding their content store to see what I can find.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

My second window study.'Reflections of times passed'...I suppose, would be a good title.

Jay

Window-Study2.jpg
    951 x 861 - 1021K
    edited December 1969

wow! ...so many beautiful renders, awesome work everyone :)

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Such great renders. Lovin' all the cars. @DaveSavage: Did you model the guitar or find it online? I've been thinking about doing some guitar renders, specifically strats, Les Pauls, and Gretschs.

Quick render of a "twisted TopMod-like" shape, I made in Wings. Tutorial is nearly finished, but I'm giving it a break for the day. Still having issues with lining up the terrains (some seams still showing a little), but for this one I threw in a water plane to help hide them.

TopModTwist.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 598K
This discussion has been closed.