Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited October 2014

@GussNemo

I have not a tutorial. I am reminded that there was a tutorial some years ago. I think the tutorial was from David Brinnen.

The ornament is to high. this is a little bit better.

Art53b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 198K
    Art53a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 131K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    @GussNemo

I have not a tutorial. I am reminded that there was a tutorial some years ago. I think the tutorial was from David Brinnen.

The ornament is to high. this is a little bit better.

Wow. Very very nice, Roland!!

edited December 1969

@Rashad Carter

Thank you very much. Do you remember the tutorial from David ?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - thank you. Ornament looks nice. Being a corner, it could be attached to a wall and on the outer part a lamp attached.

@Jamie - thank you. The spider is a bit difficult to see, being black and blurred. It is on a leaf at the left foot of the right alien. Great work on those shapes.

edited October 2014

On bend and break roller coaster

Art55.jpg
    500 x 500 - 114K
    edited October 2014

Create with Gimp & Bryce.

With Gimp i make a picture (512 x 512) with the lettering (Bryce), invert the picture so that the font color is white and the background color is black. Export the picture as tiff and load it in the Bryce terrain editor (1024).

Art56b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 118K
    Art56a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 106K
    Art56.jpg
    500 x 500 - 81K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2014

Just another car render... Free model I got of the internet, start from scratch materials all Bryce presets with some slight tweaks.
    Reflections (and IBL) come from one of Horos hdri. No other light source. Graduated black background achieved by using mist set to black.

Edit: even though there is no other light source, I did have the Bryce sun turned on but with Diffuse set to 0 so the sun is providing a bit (100) of a specular highlight.

PinkPorsche.jpg
    1000 x 550 - 381K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited October 2014

@TheSavage64

Wow, I sit in the car and drive off.

edited October 2014
    Wood1Sketch.jpg
    750 x 500 - 282K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

I played around with Hexagon and a chest of drawers in the style of a well-known swedish furniture shop came out. But at least I could use a dome light.

BTW: Really nice pictures here

chestofdrawers.jpg
    1080 x 600 - 42K
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis

Very beautiful. Can you make some furniture for me, because my room is almost empty ?

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

Thank you Roland4. You have inspired me to experiment with Hexagon. I can send you my hexagon model. ;-)

edited October 2014

I can send you my hexagon model. ;-)

Very well and thanks, then I can present my models better. Sent me an email.

And do not forget that I also do some things with Blender, because Blender has the most features. (Blender is not stable)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Roland: That second ornament is gorgeous. The results you get with the lettering is great. I remember seeing that image, thanks to your reminder. The way it is now gives it a whole new dimension. It looks neat.

@Horo: Thank you, just following David's lead. Thanks for the heads up as to where to look for the spider.

@Dave: What a wonderful job you've done putting that image together. I actually think it's a photo. You're not Stuart's brother are you?

@electro: Really nice chest of drawers. Great how you placed the wood grain. Looks like something a person would make using Sketchup. I've not yet quite got the hang of Hexagon, though I've tried a few things some time ago.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Roland: I remember seeing that image, thanks to your reminder. The way it is now gives it a whole new dimension. It looks neat.

I have make this postwork with Gimp because it is very easy.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - letters look fine. If I need some, I'm using Elefont. I like the sketch.

@Dave - car is nicely done. There is always a lot of labour involved to get them right in Bryce.

@electro-elvis - looks like the real thing.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - letters look fine. If I need some, I'm using Elefont. I like the sketch.

What is Elefont ?

edited December 1969

Make with a Lattice.

Art62.jpg
    500 x 500 - 131K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@Roland.

Elefont is a Free 3D text creator.
    Pick a font, type in the text you want, smooth it, bevel it, change size, extrude it.
    You can also extrude individual letters in the same word.
    Elefont exports the text as 3D .dxf files for import in to Bryce.
    The text is exported as the whole word but when imported they are grouped
    so you can ungroup and use each letter as a seperate object.

Check it out here.
    http://www.armanisoft.ch/elefont/Elefont.html

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: What a wonderful job you've done putting that image together. I actually think it's a photo. You're not Stuart's brother are you?

Thanks Guss... Here's one of the same car that's not so realistic :cheese:
    SnakePorsche.jpg
    1000 x 550 - 624K
    edited December 1969

Another Terrain ornament.

Art63.jpg
    500 x 500 - 174K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Dave - car is nicely done. There is always a lot of labour involved to get them right in Bryce

Thanks Horo.

Some much more work than others. This PT Cruiser I worked on yesterday is a good example of what I'm faced with.
    The first render is exactly how it imports, all blown apart and wth it's wheels tucked right underneath, the doors on the wrong side etc. and the materials awful.

Spent most of the day sorting it out, the next two renders are of the same model after I've fixed it and Bryceified all the materials.

PTCruiser.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 424K
    PTCruiserALT.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 224K
    PTCruiserNotFixed.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 172K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Elvis...furniture looks great.

Love the snake car, Savage...very cool (and the tongue...a car that smells you...heh he).

Jay

edited December 1969

@TheSavage64

You can be proud of your work, for I could not have done this.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2014

GussNemo said:

Thanks Guss... Here's one of the same car that's not so realistic :cheese:

Snake car, very good. I'm still noodling along in Wings and trying to learn Modo at the same time. Here's a little something. The render uses Horo's Garage Closed HDRI from Practical Bryce and the metal is from our second Metals set and the lighting is set up as per one of my recent videos... but that's really beside the point. These shapes are really easy to make and will take only a couple of minutes.

Here's the video link Wings 3D - Borromean Knot - by David Brinnen

Edit. Here's another video this one about a tricky topic Setting up sub-d modes in DS and Poser - by David Brinnen

Sub-d_surfaces1.jpg
    889 x 500 - 127K
    Six_knots1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 433K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Snake car, very good.

Thanks David.
    I've been spending some time in the mat lab and DTE trying to make some snake skins and thought it would be fun to apply one of them to something other than a snake.

Here's a different one on a snake.

RedStripeSnakeALT.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 686K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Wow! Some great looking renders! Thanks for the new tutorial, David!

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2014

Wow! Some great looking renders! Thanks for the new tutorial, David!

You are welcome, actually I've just been following your latest. I've spammed it onto dA and the Gallery here so hopefully you'll get a few more renders on your thread.

Edit. @Dave, nice snake skin texture you've got there. Very plausible. Good render too!

Dodecasweepart1.jpg
    1067 x 600 - 326K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Snake car looks really good, realistic or not. Though I wouldn't put it past a real car artist to try something like that in the RW. Most of the buildings I've imported look like the first image of that PT Cruiser. And they ARE a pain to reassemble. Comparing the second and third image of the PT Cruiser I think the second one has more photo qualities than the third. Snake material on that red snake also looks very good.

@David: Thanks for another video, and more to play around with.

edited October 2014

A newest shape.

Art66.jpg
    500 x 500 - 120K
    Art65.jpg
    500 x 500 - 116K
This discussion has been closed.