obj files from Hexagon growing in size

greyhound66greyhound66 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I've been working on an item saving it as an obj file through the different improvements as slightly different names. Noticed the load times into poser have increased. Took a look at the size and it's grown from 1600 to 750000! Have a feeling it's holding cached info or something. Is there a way to clear the junk out? Should I save as a hex file until ready to import to Poser? Never really had this happen before... or may e not this noticeable lol

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

My guess would be normals.. save it out without the normals and see if that does not shrink it back down.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

A good way to reduce file size is to import the .obj into the free UV mapper Classic then export without doing anything.

I only save as .hxn while working - occasionally as .obj if it gets real big and I don't want to risk it getting corrupted.

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

What Roygee says. Import to uv mapper and then just export again. I get this all the time since I'm running an older version of Hex.
    Yet another bug I thought was fixed in the newer versions. hehe Guess that will never happend.