Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Really like the look of that terrain in the morning. Really shows of the material used.

@Roland: You're getting some mighty fine objects created.

@Jay: Lady and the car is a nice image. Nice looking material for the dress.

@Dave: You've got some nice terrains going in those images. I particularly like the first three.

@David: Another really good video and neat shapes.

@Tim Bateman: That's a wonderful image with a terrific atmosphere.

I finally got took the time to try the propeller ball and the abstract star. The propeller ball gave me a bit of trouble until I got all of the faces selected before rotating.

Star_Abstract_4.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Star_Abstract_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Star_Abstract_5.png
    540 x 540 - 423K
    Propeller_Ball_2.png
    540 x 540 - 441K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

thought i would share today's wip...im really happy with this because it only took me about 30 minute's to set up and another 12 to render :)

That's a great image Tim, I'm impressed with the vegetation effect you have achieved at ground level and that the scene rendered out so quickly. On closer inspection the render seems a bit noisy. So I am prompted to ask what render settings you use, particularly with respect to AA?

Jamie, thank you for the feedback over the Wings shapes and video. Well done!

edited December 1969

@David: You're more than welcome. And thank you.

Here's a third abstract using the star abstract but with a different material.

Star_Abstract_3.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - very nice shapes, the first one is beautiful.

@Jay - really great render.

@Dave - very nice how you show off the same terrains with different materials.

@David - interesting shapes.

@Tim - beautiful render. It appears that you used the same sky as for the gorgeous ship scene. I agree with David, something is amiss with the render quality.

@Jamie - very nice shapes. The third image resembles a bit to a M. C. Escher artwork and the last, though nice, is a bit busy. The newest one looks interesting.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Guss...that last one is super...like shattered glass. That's my wallpaper sorted for the week.

Cheers, Horo.

Tim...that's a great view...want to be there.

Jay

Guss-Wall.jpg
    645 x 363 - 292K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

@David & Horo - yes it is a bit noisy, that was a result of normal AA rendering, no premium effects at all..well yet any way :) ...i have done some small test renders using 64 rays per pixel, that seem's to have fixed the noise issue...now im just setting up the lighting to a point where im happy then i will give it a full render at 256 rays per pixel :) ...it looks quite nice using obscure lighting as well oddly enough!!! ...but...that's something i will experiment with another time....but i will post my results when finished if your interested to see the end result :)

edited December 1969

Another variation of the lady and her car.

'Stilettos and Cobbles'

Jay

StilettosAndCobbles.jpg
    1300 x 651 - 993K
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The next please.

Art37.jpg
    500 x 500 - 78K
    Art36.jpg
    500 x 500 - 136K
    Art35.jpg
    500 x 500 - 93K
    Art34.jpg
    500 x 500 - 134K
    Art33.jpg
    500 x 500 - 118K
    edited December 1969

Only one

Art38.jpg
    500 x 500 - 136K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. I found it interesting how much change occurred when material was changed in the abstracts. While I agree they are busy I found all three interesting, especially the results of the third one. I had to Google MC Escher to find out who he was. After seeing some of his images I realized I'd seen them before, just didn't know the artist's name.

@Jay: Thanks, and you're more than welcomed to use it as you wish. I really like the close up of the shoes and cobblestones.

@Roland: More really nice objects and nice sky in the last image.

edited September 2014

Thanks GussNemo. It is the Glorious Morning sky.

Your avatar is sweet.

Post edited by Roland4 on
    edited December 1969

@Roland: I must have been posting when you posted your last object, which is really sharp. Glad you like my avatar, it's how I feel most days.

edited December 1969

@GussNemo

The image with the Glorious Morning sky is very emotionally charged. I fly with my puppy.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,038
    edited December 1969

I've returned to stacked terrains again after watching Horo's video for the umpteenth time and I think I'm getting there :-)

spring-mountain2-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 360K
    spring-mountain2-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 427K
    edited September 2014

Another idea.

Art42.jpg
    500 x 500 - 109K
    Art41.jpg
    500 x 500 - 79K
    Art40.jpg
    500 x 500 - 81K
    edited December 1969

@Sandy: Yes, you are getting there, those are nice.

@Roland: I understand flying with a lost one. Really like those new shapes, but they seem bare without some gems. Or something sparkley..

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Roland: Really like those new shapes, but they seem bare without some gems.

Have you a special request ?

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

its still far from finished ...but hopefully this one is a little less noisy and cleaner :)

Dead_Forrest_4.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 318K
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman

I would now like to walk.

edited December 1969

Tim Bateman

Very nice. I could spend some time there.

edited December 1969

@Jay - nice feet of the lady but I think something is a bit strange with her right foot.

@Roland4 - very inventive shapes and nicely presented.

@Sandy - yeah my accent may be a bit of a hindrance and my boring presentation equally so. I'm glad you managed to get through without falling asleep. :lol: At least your terrain suggest it. The second one looks really great.

@Tim - beautiful, and yes, the render quality looks good to me.

edited December 1969

@Horo

It is very easy for me to implement ideas and at the moment I have a lot of time.

Bottle1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 203K
    edited December 1969

:down:

"...something is a bit strange with her right foot."

Cheers Horo...I'm defintely missing your observations. Perhaps, the specularity in the right leg (I'm thinking sheen-like tights - ahem, I don't believe I know about such items :) )

Jay

edited December 1969

Some diamonds.

Art43.jpg
    500 x 500 - 114K
    edited December 1969

@Jay - well, I'm not really an expert in such things, not looking too often and too closely at such parts of a lady, provided I see one worth of my attention ... I may be wrong but the part shown looks strange to me.

@Roland4 - speaking of experts, it looks like you are one for those shapes. Do you model in Hexagon?

Foot.jpg
    289 x 204 - 25K
    edited October 2014

@Horo

Sometimes i model in Hexagon and sometimes i model with Blender, but sometime i model in Hexagon and Blender together.

I think that you can automatically an expert, if you modeled long enough and of course, sometimes you need a little imagination.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

@Jay - nice feet of the lady but I think something is a bit strange with her right foot.

@Sandy - yeah my accent may be a bit of a hindrance and my boring presentation equally so. I'm glad you managed to get through without falling asleep. :lol: At least your terrain suggest it. The second one looks really great.

I see what you mean about the foot. It does look 'odd' and the tyre looks as if it needs some air :-)

Nothing to do with your accent or presentation, just me trying out too many things at the one time and getting totally confused about what I am trying to achieve. I was also messing about in DAZ Studio; trying to finish a friends website; looking after grandchildren and trying to hold conversations on here, Facebook and another two forums :-)

With the amount of heat coming from the bottom of this laptop from the memory, hard drive and processor it is a wonder I haven't set something on fire :-)

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Sandy: Yes, you are getting there, those are nice.

I am getting about 1 in 10 that look right and the rest are binned :-)

I have found though that, as Horo says in the video, it all hangs on the lighting and textures and getting them to work together. It is fun though and keeps me out of mischief :-)

edited December 1969

The last for today.

Art44.jpg
    500 x 500 - 105K
    edited December 1969

Horo...well spotted, I’ve no idea what is happening there – vegetation within the cobbles causing confusion, perhaps.

Elsewhere in the work, I just love parts 'A' - a slight blue reflection of sky on the cobbles, and 'B' - the line related to the car door division, which I definitely didn’t plan for. Bryce deserves the credits.

Jay

InterestingEffects.jpg
    1040 x 355 - 452K
This discussion has been closed.