Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited September 2014

Made for another forum, turned out to be a speed modeling adventure for me due to time constraints. Hexagon and Carrara 8.5 pro. (figure is mannequin from 3Dcoat).

"baritone"

Made for a friend who is going into the Marine Corps and wants to play in the Marine Corps band.

baritone_final.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 271K
    Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

This was cribbed from an old Basil Wolverton comic from the 50 s ( even before I was born!)
    I was going to "Fibermesh" the grass ,but ended up using Carrara hair because it was so much easier.( apart from a few bugs that rear their ugly head every now and again...)

Weird_Zombie001.jpg
    900 x 1225 - 328K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

This was cribbed from an old Basil Wolverton comic from the 50 s ( even before I was born!)
    I was going to "Fibermesh" the grass ,but ended up using Carrara hair because it was so much easier.( apart from a few bugs that rear their ugly head every now and again...)

is it Halloween yet :-)

edited December 1969

Made for another forum, turned out to be a speed modeling adventure for me due to time constraints. Hexagon and Carrara 8.5 pro. (figure is mannequin from 3Dcoat).

"baritone"

Made for a friend who is going into the Marine Corps and wants to play in the Marine Corps band.

cool work

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

If you are in the UK... it's Halloween at "Wilkinsons" ... "Tescos" are doing Christmas stuff...

edited December 1969

creek 2

9_1314.jpg
    1500 x 950 - 2M
    edited December 1969

If you are in the UK... it's Halloween at "Wilkinsons" ... "Tescos" are doing Christmas stuff...
    000_E.jpg
    989 x 1051 - 148K
    edited December 1969

Creek 4

9_1414.jpg
    900 x 1170 - 1M
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Creek 4

Hello Bigh

Nice series you're doing on the Creek, like the effect of those leaves in Creek 4.

edited December 1969

First time render from me for this thread using Carrara.
    I needed a break from the September Challenge as well as a need to get my Critter fix !!!!!!!

Giratah_-Carrara-14thSept2014.png
    1950 x 1463 - 4M
    edited December 1969

Bunyip02 said:
    First time render from me for this thread using Carrara.
    I needed a break from the September Challenge as well as a need to get my Critter fix !!!!!!!

love it

thanks for the comment

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I love this! The expression on her face, the whole thing is perfect.

edited December 1969

Hello Stu

Was going to comment earlier but I was trying to locate where I had put a link that might be of interest to you.

Link is to Comic Book + (I checked it out a while back looking for Retro Sci-Fi)
    http://comicbookplus.com/

Don't know if you have seen it before, if not check it out, plenty of inspiration for render scenes.

The style you have is very nice, always an inspiration to see how Carrara/DAZ3D is being used to create art by other people.

Regards, Bunyip

• edited December 1969

Dawn WM takes the ALS icebucket challenge.

Chromakeying for water and splash effect layers accomplished in Adobe After Effects 6.5.

Dawn-Icebucket2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 723K
    edited December 1969

Chromakeying for water and splash effect layers accomplished in Adobe After Effects 6.5.

welcome - to cold for me

• TourqeGlareTourqeGlare Posts: 64
    edited December 1969
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited December 1969

following the ice water challenge...lol

I did this one for the PC monthly challenge earlier in the month

Ice_Water.jpg
    800 x 600 - 299K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited September 2014

All of you over the last few pages...
    Wow! Freaking Wow! Nice stuff!
    Stezza... um... Damn!
    You too, Torque!
    Well... as I try and run back (been absent a lot lately)... Damn! Nice freaking renders!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Looks good.

No need to chroma key in Carrara. You can render an alpha channel!

edited December 1969

Since we're playing with water, I did this back in 2009. A bit before the annoying-as-hell-ice bucket challenge. ;-)

Sorcer-Whores_Apprentice02.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Since we're playing with water, I did this back in 2009. A bit before the annoying-as-hell-ice bucket challenge. ;-)

neat Disney take

edited September 2014

Thanks bigh!

Here's a play with my procedural skin shader. This is now kind of a hybrid procedural. I multiplied a couple image maps in the glow channel to get the SSS look. The skin color and details in the skin like bump, birth marks, etc. are still all created procedurally. There's an issue with the glow on the transition between the lips and face that I need to work out still.

No GI and two shape lights. The fill light is an ellipse set to 30%, and the rim light is a ring set to 300%. Both have a diameter of 10', and soft shadows with the light radius set to match.

Raw render straight from Carrara 7.2 Pro. Click image to get full size and quality.

Hybrid_bust.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 395K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    following the ice water challenge...lol

I did this one for the PC monthly challenge earlier in the month

Stezza, that is freakin' awesome! Love the water splashing.

edited December 1969

Just another Pin-up style picture. Uses the procedural skin shader again. The eyes are not that great. It seems the procedural version of the iris is much more touchy about lighting. They'll either look pretty good or pretty bad.

babydoll.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 547K
    edited December 1969

creek 6

000_brook_B.jpg
    1200 x 1560 - 2M
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited September 2014

bigh said:
    creek 6

Bigh, That bear looks hungry! :gulp:

Thanks Evil for your help on the lighting for this. I learned so much about light domes and how effective and well balanced they can make a scene! Still have masses to learn but am a happier pupil now and soon will have more time to go back to learning to use more basic tools. Just two more jackets to go.

Erm, this is an alternative universe where there are green Neanderthals. And the shadows on the horse and fur clothing look better in the pdf than here.

;) Silene

Jacket-Paperback.png
    1272 x 864 - 2M
    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Working with different lights...

small_mistake_2014.jpg
    1500 x 902 - 544K
    edited December 1969

bigh, nice bear! But the question now is, does a bear crap in the woods or on a footbridge?

Silene, that looks great! Glad I was able to help you out. BTW, that text looks a little blurry. You may want to fix it before you submit it. ;-)

Pimpy, very cool scene. Love the frogs hopping across the road. Whent through North Dakota once in lizard season. Looked a lot like that, but with more scurrying and no hopping. Still made the same kind of mess.

edited December 1969

bigh, nice bear! But the question now is, does a bear crap in the woods or on a footbridge?

Silene, that looks great! Glad I was able to help you out. BTW, that text looks a little blurry. You may want to fix it before you submit it. ;-)

Pimpy, very cool scene. Love the frogs hopping across the road. Whent through North Dakota once in lizard season. Looked a lot like that, but with more scurrying and no hopping. Still made the same kind of mess.

does it matter :-)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

Erm... isn't it against TOS to promote books or art here that is for sale elsewhere? :ohh:

I am going to try your skin shader soon, it's all those layers to apply it that might be intimidating me.

I'd be the one poo-ing on the footbridge!

Nice frogs caught in the headlamps, Pimpy... It reminded me of the crabs that do that someplace in the world... but that would be too messy.

:) Silene

This discussion has been closed.