Selecting figures

Howdy everyone,

I recently built a new machine, and reinstalled everything, and I have noticed a difference with selection now when working in Daz Studio. Previously, if I clicked ANYWHERE on a figure in the scene, it would select the figure itself, ie. the root node, FIRST. Then if I clicked a part on the figure it would select that individual part. On the new machine, clicking a body part now directly selects that body part. I want the old behavior back, but I don't see anything in preferences that sounds related. I don't remember having to change anything in the first place to get it to select like this, so I'm not sure why it's behaving differently. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • In the Tool Settings pane change Node Selection Mode to Root Node First. Or Node if you don't want to select the figure first

• Richard Haseltine said:

In the Tool Settings pane change Node Selection Mode to Root Node First. Or Node if you don't want to select the figure first

That did the trick. I wonder why they decided to make the tools settings panel separate from the preferences panel. I didn't even know this thing existed. 

• Tool Settings changes according to the tool in use, and some things will need to be changed dynamically as one works.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,143

Oh, I thought that was just a change to the behavior a couple versions ago, and I've gotten used to the way it is now.