Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 520

One of my latest renders. For a full list of assets used see it in the gallery.

• markusmatern said:

This  definitely reminds me of a Minbari! Well done!

Thanks! I am in a Babylon 5 mood, but I can't always tell when my kitbash is fully successful. (I know what I intend, but I don't know if it's obvious to others.)

markusmatern said:

One of my latest renders. For a full list of assets used see it in the gallery.

That is a pleasing naturalistic scene ... the water and the plants especially lend some authenticity to a fantasy Daz creature :)

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Finally finished some  renders. I've bee outdoors doing stuff instead. woe is me

a quick warmup

and a bit more of a scene for once

thihis one was fun: moving the cmera around I noticed the poster on the wall framed her head like a medieval painting of a saint - so I made sure to stick her in blue

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited May 2021

Gordig said:

Seriously, I've never read a word of Piers Anthony. I never got too deep into fantasy novels outside of reading basically everything Tolkien wrote and Mary Stewart's Merlin series, which is very light fantasy.

I think Pears Anthony is mainly known for his Xanth novels, which are particularly pun-filled fantasy novels set in a sort of magic-wrapped alternate-universe Florida existing alongside regular Florida but in another dimension.  These novels were a lot more prominant in the 80s and 90s.  He also wrote some space-opera stuff, though.  I.e. Bio of a Space Tyrant.  There was also one novel series that placed space-opera next to regular fantasy, called the Apprentice Adept series, which had a high tech planet in a space-opera universe that was connected to another universe alongside it that had the geography of that planet, but was a traditional fairy-tale universe and had its own unique features and physical laws, but also had duplicates of several of the prominant people on it.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426

Just trying some fake Disney "screenshots" using Daz.

Disney Style Character Sketch 01

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#image=1150079

• DA KrossDA Kross Posts: 70

My rendition of this shot from Vanity Fair from Basic Instinct

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,337

One born from a conversation on the Daz Slackers Discord about whether G8F has enough outfits already.

"Nothing to Wear":

Gallery Link

• Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here. My work isn't really mainstream so most of it would probably be a bit too 'weird' to post. However, my character has been going through a little transformation recently and I really started liking how the form was looking. Yes, I know, her butt is really big. That was part of what started the whole thing. Still, I hope you like it!

Sun_Camera.png
    1600 x 2400 - 5M
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited June 2021

"A Song for the Wind"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

melissastjames said:

"A Song for the Wind"

Wow... you should enter this in the actual pc+ contest... wink 

Lothar Weber said:

melissastjames said:

"A Song for the Wind"

Thanks! I don't really follow any of the Daz contests...what one is that?  

melissastjames said:

Lothar Weber said:

melissastjames said:

"A Song for the Wind"

This month... this one... ;-)   Go on show us More...laugh

Lothar Weber said:

melissastjames said:

Lothar Weber said:

melissastjames said:

"A Song for the Wind"

Done! 

melissastjames said:

Lothar Weber said:

melissastjames said:

Lothar Weber said:

melissastjames said:

"A Song for the Wind"

Done! 

Mission accomplished Melissa... yeswink the more will enter the more we have fun! 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

"A Song for the Wind"

Very nice work 

• mechengineer97mechengineer97 Posts: 116
    edited June 2021

Sorry for the long delay.  My company changed the theme of the project from military to industrial just 4 days before the deadline.  Wasted almost 2 weeks preparing military scenes and props. 

Actually, the majority of the props I use are royalty free from either 3D Warehouse or GrabCAD.  Hope I'm not breaking any rules by sharing this.  (some models listed might not be the exact one I used because there's such a huge collection of models)

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/d5a887e83579222ddf1655bb08cea43b/Boeing-ACH-47A-Chinook-Gunship-1965-1975

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/9c92ed9d-177e-4f1e-be3a-051b7c853c7a/Military-helicopter

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/9e1d0f73564995831d17b6d940ebf675/us-army-humvee

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/54cce5a6b27f1efaa844e77de62dbd71/m939-army-truck

https://grabcad.com/library/hummer-humvee-military-vehicle--1

https://grabcad.com/library/leopard-2a7-a63-rws-1

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/2de8710fb7bbbd426142b9e030189928/M1-Abrams

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ufddc7c04-36ef-4b73-b84d-959870af8f8c/ATS-ISV-Hammer-Mark-I

For folks who don't have Sketchup, you can open models from 3D Warehouse using their online version of Sketchup and then export it as an STL.  You import the STL into Blender and export it as an OBJ.

For GrabCad, you set search settings to STL and OBJ when doing a search.  You'll need Blender to convert STL's to OBJ's.

Be fore warned that none of the free stuff are rigged and it's a trial and error process because some of the models are poor quality.  You may also have to manually split surfaces up to assign texture.

FSMCDesigns said:

mechengineer97 said:

Just some props I'll be using for my next project at work.

Pretty cool. Mind listing the assets you used so I can check out their store page.

convoy still 1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 4M
    Post edited by mechengineer97 on
    edited June 2021

I think I got the transport from CG Trader.  I needed a 2023 GMC HUMMER EV for this project and I got both with a decent discount.  Daz doesn't have the Hummer EV.  At the time, I needed a realistic looking cockpit for the helicopter.  See my other post above.  Most of the stuff I use is royalty free.  My company never reimburses for expenses.  So I usually buy stuff when there's a tight deadline.  If I had a couple of weeks, I could probably could have created just the exterior of the Hummer EV in NX using some of their lastest raster image tools and some advanced surfacing tools.   The dust particles are green screen prop from YouTube.  I have 7 or 8 copies of the same green screen dust footage all overlapped at different angles and different speeds.  The bckground is an HDRI I found with Bing image search using keywords "military base" with 3000x1500 pix's as the minimum. 

charles said:

FSMCDesigns said:

mechengineer97 said:

Just some props I'll be using for my next project at work.

Pretty cool. Mind listing the assets you used so I can check out their store page.

I would bet these all don't come from the asset store I make use of cgtrader and turbosquid myself for assets a lot of times and wouldn't be surprised if these vehicles come from someplace like that. But looking through real quick the helicopter is probably GH Transport Helicopter | Daz 3D
    The dust animation is convincing as well as the terrain, I am going to guess the treeline up is a backdrop and the ground photogammetry?

Robert Freise said:

"A Song for the Wind"

Very nice work 

Thank you! 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 587

Part of a comic...I'm taking forever to finish......

JD

Tribe_Panel_08a(LowRez).jpg
    4200 x 6300 - 7M
  • jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 587

JD

Tribe_InnerSanctum_02_fixxed_Adj(Small).jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 3M
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

jdavison67 said:

JD

Reminds me of an early Stargate episode and the guy with the hat is Daniel! 

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

Matt_Castle said:

One born from a conversation on the Daz Slackers Discord about whether G8F has enough outfits already.

"Nothing to Wear":

Gallery Link

It can really feel like that too. Like you need shoes but not with heels or casual or you need cool casual shoes which is actually easier for me. Then some shirts can't tuck into a high waisted skirt or you don't have the right length skirt for how you dialed the character or you don't have the color shaders you want for the texture and don't like how the shaders while mostly good don't have seams or you need a specific blazer style but none you have feel right so you settle on one or one you have looks good but doesn't dForce and mess up when you add a modifier 

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited June 2021

I got the Kiko bundles and they're pretty good. The first image has Lexi hair, Poison Love with the other textures, high top chucks. Lexi hair has more dForce options and simulates pretty fast. I used dual lobe for the skirt to give more shine 

The second uses Kitsune Mech Armor with Mech Weapons and Curly Sue Hair, and VYK MaterialEYEZ since they go great with android characters 

Kiko herself is dialed for both head and body as Kiko 8.1: 75%, Kokoro: 30%, BJ Faye: 20% 

Kiko Test 1.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Kiko Test 2.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Kiko Test 3.png
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,337

This one's been sitting unfinished on my hard-drive for ages, but now I've got a better graphics card, I took the time to sort out the lighting and render it up:

Gallery Link

BandoriFan said:

Matt_Castle said:

"Nothing to Wear":

Gallery Link

It can really feel like that too. Like you need shoes but not with heels or casual or you need cool casual shoes which is actually easier for me. Then some shirts can't tuck into a high waisted skirt or you don't have the right length skirt for how you dialed the character or you don't have the color shaders you want for the texture and don't like how the shaders while mostly good don't have seams or you need a specific blazer style but none you have feel right so you settle on one or one you have looks good but doesn't dForce and mess up when you add a modifier 

Yeah. It's odd - I often think "I've got loads of T-shirts" or "loads of jeans", or loads of whatever... and then when it actually comes down to finding something for a scene, none of the t-shirts have the right cut, the jeans don't work with the boots you want, etc, etc. Things like Fit Control can help with some problems, but often the easiest answer just is having a seemingly ludicrously large library.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Space Patrol

2021-05-21 16:06:48.172 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 15 minutes 15.95 seconds

CPU Only

Click on image for full size.

• Trying the PBR shader on older figures...

Here's an interpretation of Triss Merigold from CDPR's Witcher games. (The original Triss, from Sapkowski's stories, has a somewhat different appearance.)

edited June 2021

Explosion is royalty free green screen clip found here with the background alreay removed.  It's a big file.

Pigment Ajans - Massive Explosion (mediafire.com)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

The Blurst of Times said:

Trying the PBR shader on older figures...

Here's an interpretation of Triss Merigold from CDPR's Witcher games. (The original Triss, from Sapkowski's stories, has a somewhat different appearance.)

Great render, excellent pose, expression and lighting!  May I ask what outfit you used?

Cheers,

Alex. 

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited June 2021

alexhcowley said:

Great render, excellent pose, expression and lighting!  May I ask what outfit you used?

Cheers,

Alex. 

The outfit is Althea for G3F: https://www.daz3d.com/althea-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

I also used SickleYield's universal breast helpers to get more of a shape to the cloth.
    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-universal-breast-helpers-genesis-genesis-2-and-genesis-3-female-s

EDIT: Oh, and the necklace is from Morrigan for G3F.
    https://www.daz3d.com/morrigan-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on