off topic thread

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,193

Thorne knew how to make Aiko truly adorable in my eyes. Her promo ads have always made me melt, so naturally I own a lot of Thorne products ;)

This one is Sarina for Aiko 3

Sylfie for Aiko 3

Jump ahead to Miranda for Aiko 4

Mesektet for A4

Barliecorn for A4

...and then, it seems like Aiko turned into something entirely different.

I think that a nice, more modern version of Aiko would be to use Keiko 6's head with Aiko 6's body

Keiko 6 Head

Aiko 6 Body

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Sylfieheart

Aiko19

edited May 2021

i cant remember which aiko3 i put in my book.  She plays mistress sinnamon.  is a racy role, now i cant sleep til i look it up

Aiko4 on the back coversmiley

Post edited by Mistara on

Nice cover art Misty!

edited May 2021

Thanks. 

Do you ever feel embarrassed watching Ted Nugent?

I like him, but when i watch him I feel embarrassed sometimes.  mann he power chews that gum.  lol
    he's got thaat rock guitar god pose down like nobody else.

oh NO,  a friend just told me Ted Nugent is positive for covid.

i was just watching damn yankees yesterday.

damm it

there are Terminator movie sequels i havent seen yet.

I heard bad reports about the newest one, so never watched it.

Just watched it recently and really liked it. I guess I'm strange - but I like it that way!

the first one still scares me.

there was a movie with Tom Cruise.  he went in a bathtub full of ice to escape machines after him.
    think it was based on a heinlein novel

edited May 2021

i should go for a walk before settling in to some quality carrara time.

order a pepperoni pizza.  

i cant find 1 single youtube tutorial on carrara weightmapping

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794

got the banner on top saying 'an offer just for you'

got excited ... thought it may of been Carrara 9 pre release.... alas not! no

Stezza said:

got the banner on top saying 'an offer just for you'

got excited ... thought it may of been Carrara 9 pre release.... alas not! no

LOL!!! We should All reply that to that email!!! ;)

Mystiarra said:

Maybe not YouTube, but PhilW does a course on such things in his Advanced Carrara Techniques ;)

Hmmm... maybe I'll watch some PhilW tonight! :)

Mystiarra said:

Also, pjotter does a bunch of written tips and instructions in This Post from the Carrara Community Movie Project

More discussion carries on after that. Wow... feels like a really long time ago already! 

thanks.  Community Movie Project sounds interesting.

found another aiko cuteness candidate  https://www.daz3d.com/sase-merida-for-genesis-8-and-81-females
    she's a poised graceful looking young lady

is the twinklies/landscape buzzing the issue why wendy renders animations in other softwares?  iclone, unreal

is a pretty serious issue for movie making.

Sorry. I didn't realize you were still having troubles with those.

Try testing on shorter animations in an attempt to figur out how to stop them from occurring. I still get some sometimes, but I just live with them.

On parts of the scene that are causing the twinkles, check the Bump channel in the shaders

• If they use a high level of bump try turning it down as far as you can
    • If the shader is tiled, try changing the amount of tiling

Try higher render settings:

• Antialiasing > Best
    • Object Accuracy > 0.5
    • Shadow Accuracy > 0.5

I notice that you really like to move that camera fast!

Try to not do that as much. It makes the audience sick and it doesn't look like a 'real' camera could ever possibly move that fast. Sure, there are times when it's called for, like a speeder bike chase through the woods, but try and make that the exception rather than the norm.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited May 2021

Is this product really new?  It mentions the use of Carrara 5x!  

Fantasy Taverns: A Workshop on Multi-Character and Atmospheric Scenes    surprise  Silene

https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-taverns-a-workshop-on-multi-character-and-atmospheric-scenes

Post edited by SileneUK on

It's certainly much newer than Carrara 8.5, which came out before Digital Art Live was doing these as well as before the products they're working with.

Doug (Sagan?) might be using Carrara 5 because that's what he uses? Not sure. I wonder if that is Doug Sagan -  author of Carrara 1 Bible?

Oh wait... no! "Doug" is our very own chickenman!!! Must have been a typo? Where do you see mention of Carrara 5xx? That clearly looks like Carrara 8.5!

Only nine minutes max in Carrara. Bummer.

Dartanbeck said:

Sorry. I didn't realize you were still having troubles with those.

Try testing on shorter animations in an attempt to figur out how to stop them from occurring. I still get some sometimes, but I just live with them.

On parts of the scene that are causing the twinkles, check the Bump channel in the shaders

• If they use a high level of bump try turning it down as far as you can
    • If the shader is tiled, try changing the amount of tiling

Try higher render settings:

• Antialiasing > Best
    • Object Accuracy > 0.5
    • Shadow Accuracy > 0.5

I notice that you really like to move that camera fast!

Try to not do that as much. It makes the audience sick and it doesn't look like a 'real' camera could ever possibly move that fast. Sure, there are times when it's called for, like a speeder bike chase through the woods, but try and make that the exception rather than the norm.

i can make nla cips for cameras, right,  then i just stretch it on the timeline to slow it down. 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited May 2021

Dartanbeck said:

I meant Carrara was mentioned FIVE TIMES  devil (I get lazy typing because of eyes. Have appt tomorrow at eye hospital for evaluation for first cataract op!)   But it is interesting that DAL used it al all and I saw it as sort of a promotion in a back-door kind of way.  I wish this was an indication of a positive future for Carrara. But you got me curious so I went to their website and under above link below at the end of the bio-skect is Paul Bussey. Do you know of him?

https://digitalartlive.com/about-digital-art-live/

yes  Silene

ETA:  I did a search on the site for Carrara and found  https://digitalartlive.com/?s=Carrara&post_type=product ;  There was a workshop in 2019 for 8.5 Pro with Christine Cornell? 

Their magazine now sounds familiar to me. I think it even had a print version...not sure.  https://digitalartlive.com/digital-art-live-magazine/

Post edited by SileneUK on

aww converting a hair to prop loses the movement morphs.

this thing doesn't need a full rig, with the face bones.  its not doing anything cept sit on a head.  doesnt even bend at the neck.

i been messing with the same hair for like 24 hours.  not gonna discover the ultimate hair shader today.

ready for the next experiment.

if i save the hair, unconformed, to carraara.  the next time i pull it out to dump it on g8's head, will it still do the projecting morphs thing, or does it have to stay duf content to project morphs.

it dont think it's autofitting, itsjust matching up the fit morphs in the hair.

goin for ,my 2nd shot later.  ise expectin to be illin for a day or two.

setting up some batch animations so i;'m still rendering yes

edited May 2021

SileneUK said:

Dartanbeck said:

I meant Carrara was mentioned FIVE TIMES  devil (I get lazy typing because of eyes. Have appt tomorrow at eye hospital for evaluation for first cataract op!)   But it is interesting that DAL used it al all and I saw it as sort of a promotion in a back-door kind of way.  I wish this was an indication of a positive future for Carrara. But you got me curious so I went to their website and under above link below at the end of the bio-skect is Paul Bussey. Do you know of him?

https://digitalartlive.com/about-digital-art-live/

yes  Silene

ETA:  I did a search on the site for Carrara and found  https://digitalartlive.com/?s=Carrara&post_type=product ;  There was a workshop in 2019 for 8.5 Pro with Christine Cornell? 

Their magazine now sounds familiar to me. I think it even had a print version...not sure.  https://digitalartlive.com/digital-art-live-magazine/

Not really - only that he is the host of the Digital Art Live tutorials I've bought so far.

Sometimes I just like to wath this sort of thing when everyone else in the house is watching TV shows that annoy me! LOL

I tend to like PhilW's sort of platform over Digital Art Live for the most part, but PhilW's did cost a lot more too. But as much joy and education I've got from them (and I'm not done yet!), those PhilW courses owe me nothing - worth every penny and much more!

Valzheimer's Octane Render Kit demonstration course (4 parts) is very much along the same lines that I love about PhilW's videos. Total wealth of info in a very eductational format that leaves me smarter every time I watch it.

Hmmm... I'm amazed that Daz 3d doesn't mention her at all in the description of the video!

This is the Free OctaneRender and Octane Render Kit

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited May 2021

i' all vaccinated.  they didnt give lollipops, but we did wendy's drive thru for cheezie baked potatoes............

mr potato head gotta mrs potato head for christmas.  when they have kids they'll have spuds?

oh no,

i saved the abraham hair and mushistash to carrara. 
    made sure it was at origin first.  saved carrara shader sets for it.
    picked 6 colors, originally the textures folder was over 800mb.

anyhoos, loaded and 'fit to' g8m.  it doesnt zap into position on his head.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945

Greetings everyone,

What new PCs are you using for rendering now?

Too bad DAZ3D is not updating Carrara to take advantage of the new MACs.

This discussion has been closed.