off topic thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i been carraring almost 24 hours straight.

making silly mistakes. doh
    didnt comprehend why my replicated plane kept disappearing.  forgot the old sky enabled a ground.   was like, what is going on.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Mystiara said:

omg was goin crazy with the global shader.  theres a button right there, apply to children,
    i feel like such an idiot, been there this whole time, hasnt it

Carrara is like that.  Yeah, it is.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Mystiara said:

i been carraring almost 24 hours straight.

making silly mistakes. doh
    didnt comprehend why my replicated plane kept disappearing.  forgot the old sky enabled a ground.   was like, what is going on.

to err is to be humane :) Love Death and Robots on netflix is good 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited May 2021

Tafi partnering Amazon Lumberyard surprise really???

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited May 2021

eeek  

i messed up my install. dont know how to fix it.crying

gives me the dread dsf not found.  corrupted someghing.  

edit,  turned out cause i had 2 runtimes with the g8 essentials installed.
    guess it didn't know where to look.
    i renamed the data folder in 1 and seems to be fine now.

g8 loads a lot faster without all the morphs and trillion jcms.

was trying to set up 1 runtime as like a staging area for saving single characters to carrara.

thinking a character preset should have like 5 wardrobe choies. 
    casual, formal, an intimates, a swimsuit, space station fitted suit.

Post edited by Mistara on

mann i wish there was a way to convert hair and shoes to props without losing the fit and movement morphs.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Mystiara said:

mann i wish there was a way to convert hair and shoes to props without losing the fit and movement morphs.

hair .... dragg it to the head as a parent in the instances menu?? 

it's what I do alot

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

There is an NFT section of the forums now.  It even includes a thread for Carrara issues.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/non-fungible-token-(nft)-art

jus the notion of it makes my skin crawl  ick

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816

I just booked my Covid 19 vaccinations, is exactly a month until the first one, stop the World I want to get off. angry

edited June 2021

I am glad you are getting your vaccinations.  

-

Victory!  My ban from Youtube has been lifted.  More details at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/498636/i-have-been-reinstated-reversal-of-youtube-ban-woohoo#latest

youtube ban reinstated.jpg
    589 x 724 - 76K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:-

Victory!  My ban from Youtube has been lifted.  More details at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/498636/i-have-been-reinstated-reversal-of-youtube-ban-woohoo#latest

I see in the linked thread that you had "running water" in your upload.  So yeah, I can see that being a problem, could lead to floods, hurricanes ... uhh, ruined carpet ... 

wink

omg, saved a bunch of presets, saved character preset from ds, it dropped hte joints  do now i'm having to manually paste it in.
    wasted a whole day.  

and still dont have that stoopid attack v working.

edited June 2021

oh mann  been up all night trying to add an autofit morrph to eyelashes as a support morph. 
    ds crashing on me.
    morph loader keeps telling me geometry doesnt match.
    just to test, i converted the eyelashes to a prop,
    only time the morph pro worked.  same geometry.  what the h is it's problem
    it wont let me transfer active morphs, some kind of parameter warning.
    my last desparation is to see if installing cms will cure its conniptions..  i ccan turn cms off when i want?

edit:

thank you again Philermo smiley

answer was in the screenshot.  had to change group to node on the exporting object.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4532031/#Comment_4532031

next big marathon is to start importing those hd morphs.  Drago, Bulwarg, maxx

Sorry for your struggles, Misty.  But from afar, it appears that you are making steady progress.  That part seems good.

its very quiet in the forum lately.  gotta wonder how many are being treated like they are treating wendy

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

Steve K said:

Steve K said:

ringo monfort said:

What new PCs are you using for rendering now?

Hello, Ringo, 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900,  3.1 GhZ Base, 12 Core 24 Threads, 32GB RAM, Two 2 TB SD Drives, 2060 GTX video, Win Pro 10

Nice to see Carrara have all those 24 render boxes going, but it doesn't get anywhere near 100% CPU, maybe half ... still get around 5 sec per 1280x720 frame with standard lighting.

VUE OTOH hits 100% and makes rendering of animations much more feasible, altho I did have to upgrade to the subscription version.

I stand corrected.  I'm doing some renders with a Howie Farkes landscape (highly detailed plants) and Carrara is hitting 100% CPU. Still takes 6 min/frame (1280x720), but I'm not planning Carrara animation, just a still frame for Particle Illusion animation overlay.  I dunno why it hits 100% here and not on other scenes ... must have a "Howie" subroutine that kicks in overdrive ... 

You should check again. A render engine that uses the CPU should Always fire up the CPU to 100%, unless it's on a network render that is set to allow it to leave more breathing room.

If it's not going to 100%, you likely have a "Power-Savings" option (default) in Windows 10's power settings. I noticed that as soon as I started rendering on my new Win10 machine, so I change the power scheme to "Ultimate".

Mystiara said:

its very quiet in the forum lately.  gotta wonder how many are being treated like they are treating wendy

Not me. Daz 3d is always nice to me ~ except when I'm naughty! LOL

I've just been getting pulled into doing this and that outdoors and away from home. Still getting my renders in though! ;)

i'm working on saving iris shaders.  would be quicker if it was just the disembodied eye and not the whole figure.
     lol

Lara for g8f in the hopper for her carrara treatment.

afraid of what the eyelashes are gonna do.

ZOMG she soo cute.  squee

640  400

trying to remember where i seen her necklace before

Dartanbeck said:

I stand corrected.  I'm doing some renders with a Howie Farkes landscape (highly detailed plants) and Carrara is hitting 100% CPU. Still takes 6 min/frame (1280x720), but I'm not planning Carrara animation, just a still frame for Particle Illusion animation overlay.  I dunno why it hits 100% here and not on other scenes ... must have a "Howie" subroutine that kicks in overdrive ... 

You should check again. A render engine that uses the CPU should Always fire up the CPU to 100%, unless it's on a network render that is set to allow it to leave more breathing room.

If it's not going to 100%, you likely have a "Power-Savings" option (default) in Windows 10's power settings. I noticed that as soon as I started rendering on my new Win10 machine, so I change the power scheme to "Ultimate".

Okay, thanks, sounds right.  No network rendering, and I definitely saw it running around 50% CPU for some every day renders.  And then on later Howie complex renders hitting 100% and staying there.  With no change in "Power Savings".  But couldn't hurt to check.  I'm still very happy about VUE rendering much faster than older versions/CPU's.  And Carrara using 24 threads ... 

smiley

wip of Lara

lara1.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 75K

Steve K said:

Dartanbeck said:

Okay, thanks, sounds right.  No network rendering, and I definitely saw it running around 50% CPU for some every day renders.  And then on later Howie complex renders hitting 100% and staying there.  With no change in "Power Savings".  But couldn't hurt to check.  I'm still very happy about VUE rendering much faster than older versions/CPU's.  And Carrara using 24 threads ... 

smiley

Oh yeah! Go into Win10 settings (Start > gear icon on lower left, I think) go to Power Settings and you might have to go another step deeper... can't remember, but it's right there and very easy.

Mine began using the AMD Optimized power saver, which kept the cpu throttled down. 

Change that to the highest level and watch those buckets fly!

Oh right, I forgot. Half the time they go so fast I can't even see them! LOL

Mystiara said:

wip of Lara

Lara is absolutely Adorable!!!

Well... and sexy too! 

still trying for a shiny lip shader.

it would be nice to see a carrara render win in the pc club render challenge.

edited June 2021

sometimes applying a duf pose preset borks my scene.  an error has occured occurs.  pose controls stop working.  the figure zeroes poses and morphs.  and the pose is the last thing i do in a scene.  after the mats, the hair, the clothes. the backgrounds.  cant figure out why it happens.  i make sure i has the figure selected, not 'actor', not the name of the group. not the clothes.

its happened so often i try to remember to save before applying a pose, cuz never know.  only way to recover is close and reload the scene.  but then applying a pose does it again.  so it's something in the scene.  theres 2 pieces of conforming clothes.  no brows or eyelashes.  just a bikini top and bottom.

i had some trouble with clothes morphs.  expand all worked like normal, but the front and bra sizes would snap back to 0.  sliding the control did move the morphs, it just wouldnt stay after i let go.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Mystiara said:

still trying for a shiny lip shader.

it would be nice to see a carrara render win in the pc club render challenge.

If you have the lips saved as a separate shader from face... can you not use one of the glass/water shaders and adjust for the effect you want? For the original lip colour, you'd make that coulour on the face shader. I make a lot of custom face shaders in PS and make normals for texture as I need rough skin and an not that good with 3D painting etc. Works for lips too if you want puckers and crevices. Any good?

indecision Silene

Thanks.  i tried glass, it puts transparency on the lips.

i tried pasting the lips texture map in the pbr slot for clearcast.

mebbe some kind of layerslist magic shader?

i use the ice shader from basic shaders on the cornea and eye moisture

darn my memory.  i saw something with kewl dragonfly wings, cant remember now

i'm ready to make the tough decision.  no more buying stuff til i put what i have in carrara.

or a carrara specific set comes out.  or the dragon of my dreams comes out

This discussion has been closed.