Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited May 2021

Two outstanding scenes, Hansmar, I like the use of the Glowing Star in the 1st and how the donot is lit in the 2nd is amazing.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited April 2021

I always wanted to do something with drachenlords Dark Temple of Baphomet but somehow never got an idea. I got inspired by adbc's Ayodhya ram temple and gave it a try. I enlarged the temple and adjusted the size of the stones on the terrain it stands upon, made the radials brighter and boosted the brightness of the flames with a phased hypertexture. The main terrain is from Terrain Stacking and the material from High Resolution Terrains 1, sky and clouds from my Illpass HDRI. And i thought the temple is cool enough to render an anaglyph as well.

Bahmomet Temple

Baphomet Temple Anaglyph

BaphometTemple.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 121K
    BaphometTempleAna.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 143K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

Everyone's been busy.  Excellent artwork.

Adbc, love the water in your image, scale is good and the building looks perfect here.

Horo, perfect mountains for the building, looks like dragon territory.  Your street scene has a beauty to it, great job. 

Electro-Elvis, wonderful scene and textures on the hillside. 

Hansmar, the space scene is different for you.  The lighting makes it interesting.  The horse and rider scene is beautiful.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

Horo : glad to hear I inspired you .... This is awesome and when I read your explanation it's quite elaborated work that did come out very well. I like the anaglyph as well.

NGartplay : thank you.

Wow excellent work, Horo beautifully lit, the anaglyph is awesome.

Thank you NGartplay, adbc and mermaid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

adbc, Horo, mermaid. NGartplay: thank you.

Horo:  wonderful render with this temple.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Scooter Girl….. Blurred Reflections & Soft Shadows. Mada hair with all 7 transparency maps. 

ScooterGirl.jpg
    800 x 1050 - 689K
    edited May 2021

Hansmar - thank you.

S Ray - very nice render with the Scooter Girl, interesting POV and backdrop.

The same city as on the previous page (10) but two blocks differently arranged, the camera at the opposite side and higher up. All blocks in a fading mirror box (narrow but long) and a lot of haze. Rendered with soft sun and IBL shadows and the Volumetric World option. Last time I used this option for some tests almost 10 years ago.

Polluted City

Clock on image for larger size (as usual).

PollutedCity.jpg
    810 x 1200 - 139K
    Post edited by Horo on

S Ray : beautiful scooter girl.

Horo : Awesome atmosphere on the new city render.

SRay - very nice render

Horo - outstanding work, love the effect

Thank you adbc and mermaid.

edited May 2021

A terrain and one behind with a snowy material and an upside down cone with a modified cloud material from te library, HDRI and sun light.

Smoky Volcano

SmokyVolcano.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 218K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842

Hi S Ray

Nice Scooter Girl. I like her look and her dress, too. I am sorry, but I am not so fond of her skin, I'm afraid. If I am not wrong, you did not render your image with True Ambience, did you? Of course it is just my own taste, but I find the skin looks much, much better if TA is used. Maybe you'll give it a try?

S Ray said:

Scooter Girl….. Blurred Reflections & Soft Shadows. Mada hair with all 7 transparency maps.

edited May 2021

Horo - another superb landscape, I like the terrain material and the smoke, cool idea to use a cone.

Horo : very cool render, the terrain material is awesome !

edited May 2021

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

Some objects made in Wings3D a while ago with metal materials (The Treppenhalle Set) in a fading mirror box where reflection was reduced to 60%. Light and backdrop from HDRI 4 Fun and sun light. Rendered with soft shadows and DOF, also IBL Background DOF. The anaglyph is without DOF, it doesn't work with an Anaglyph Lens in front of the camera.

Cube and Spirals

Cube and Spirals Anaglyph

CubeAndSpirals.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 149K
    CubeAndSpiralsAna.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 213K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited May 2021

Horo : the objects are very well modeled, great materials. The anaglyph is awesome !

Two Bryce terrains, the fly is from grabcad (Sergio Gomez), the trees from Thandaluz. "Desolate place "

desolate place.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - thank you. A desolate place, indeed. Very well done with the big fly. It won't find a lot of food here.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

S Ray, good looking scooter girl

Horo, Interesting vague city render. What is the advantage of Volumetric World option? I once tried it, but it appears to lead to extremely long render times (at least in my try). I really like your Icelandic volcano render (at least it makes me think of Iceland). The metalic objects are well presented.

adbc, that landscape does not look like a location where I would want to live. Well rendered, great sky.

Horo, Hansmar : thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Yes, the Volumetric World option may take a lot of time, it depends on the Density and Quality settings. I used a rather low Quality at 5, Density at 98. You get more dense and brighter haze. The last time (perhaps 10 years ago) I used it for an experimental indoor render and I liked the outcome. But with the 2 core CPU at the time it took an eternity. With my new 8 core 16 thread i9 CPU and the low quality I used it was only a bit slower than without the Volumetric Option and the result is better than without - it was worth the additional time.

Horo - beautiful render with the Wings 3D objects.

Adbc - the Desolate place is no doubt desolated, love the setup and render, very nice sky

mermaid - thank you.

Sorry Horo - I forgot to mention awesome Anaglyph

mermaid - haha, I thought that was included. cheeky

mermaid : thank you.

edited May 2021

During my spring cleaning, I came across the Colony Model by Herminio Nieves and remembered Adbc’s beautiful render posted a while ago, so I did another render of this beautiful model. I used an Hdri from the Sky Toolbox for lighting.

colony-skytoolbox.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 443K

mermaid - looks really beautiful. The model is nicely presented.

mermaid : Excellent render, the sky and the water are in harmony to this model, very  well done.

This discussion has been closed.