Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

mermaid - thank you. I like your golden C, a nice idea and well done.

Hansmar - thank you.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

Horo, that looks like a photograph, amazing.

Mermaid, your image is so interesting and beautiful.  I think the POV is perfect.

Hansmar, I like both images but the second one has a lot more contrast of colors that bring life to the image.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,095
    edited April 2021

Horo : Fantastic image, great clouds.

mermaid : cool view on C-island, nice atmosphere.

Hansmar : two beautiful renders, I prefer the more coloured second one.

This was a test with a very old program, onyx tree, no more available. It is exporting trees with square leaves that had to be textured in Bryce with real images. Don't know if it's worth to continue to try this out, the result is far from spectacular, I added them to a landscape. The small plants are 2D.

landscape.jpg
    800 x 498 - 143K
    Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - sorry, I missed your too great photographs as evidenced by the dirt blobs on the lens laugh. Both sci-fi scenes are excellent.

NGartplay - thank you.

adbc - thank you. I like the lighting of your scene. The trees are nice. I'm not a fan of the trees that use images for the leaves. I have so many Xfrog trees (very nice ones) but they also have 2D faces for the foliages. Arbarao and Bryce trees use meshes, more memory intensive, but render faster and can be set to translucency to let backlight pass. Though if the light is used more from the front, the 2D faces leaves can look quite good nevertheless.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987

Hansmar - Thanks. Two awesome renders, I like both, excellent work.

Horo  - Thanks

NGartplay  - Thanks

Adbc - Thanks. Lovely render, great lighting, the trees are nice too.

Horo, mermaid : thank you.

Horo : in the past I tried Arbaro, with not much success and it uses Java which is a real pain. I also have some XFrog trees, all the free ones offered seldom use them because of the huge size. I probably will stick to the Bryce trees and some free downloads from the internet.

adbc, lovely sunset view.  I like the trees in the scene.

NGartplay : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

NGartplay, adbc, Horo, Mermaid: Thank you.

adbc, nice light in your scene. I dabbled a bit with NGplant, which uses meshes, like Arbaro. Though nice trees can be made with this software, it takes a lot of time to create them (at least, for me, as I am not very good at it). So I tend not to worry and use what is already available.

Hansmar : thank you. I also tried NGplant some time ago, too complicated for me to learn !

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited April 2021

This is a test render with MAXDefault 2 a lighting rig for Bryce. Rendered with Premium Effects True Ambience and 16 rpp. Render time around 3 hours.

MaxDefault2_Test.jpg
    1120 x 835 - 880K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Electro-Elvis: Looks very good.

Electro-Elvis - I agree with Hansmar. it looks very good.

Electro-Elvis - very nice results.

Electro, her dress material looks so real.

Electro-Elvis : excellent result, very well done.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited April 2021

@adbc, NGartplay, mermaid010, Horo, Hansmar: Thank you very much.

Yesterday I took some photos in an old gravel quarry. At home I tried to recreate one of the walls with the terrain editor. I created the terrain from scratch with the standard brush and then i mixed it with the photo. The photo is also used as material. It is rather a rough appproximation, but it was fun to make. Hope you like it.

At the River Side

felswand.jpg
    1080 x 805 - 1M
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited April 2021

Wow  Electro-Elvis I really like the results, the water and addition of the rocks makes an excellent scene, not forgetting the boat.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited April 2021

Electro-Elvis - cool idea and well done. It looks quite realistic for us not having the original photo to compare. The scene is nicely completed with the plants, boat and water.

Inspired by Hansmar's city scene in the Strange Objects Download page 4. Nine Dystopia City Blocks, clouds from Object Clouds 2D & 3D and the stars from the Space Construction Kit. Light and visible sun (through the haze) by an HDRI.

Abandoned City

AbandonedCity.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 122K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, Great that I can sometimes inspire you. I like your light at the end of the street, very nice mood in the render.

• @mermaid010: Thank you very much.

@Horo: Thanks a lot. Wonderful city image with as an excellent atmosphere, a bit threatening, despite the sun light.

There are so many great pictures in this forum and each one deserves recognition from my side, but unfortunately I rarely manage to do that.sad

edited April 2021

Electro-Elvis : very realistic scene, good idea and very well done.

Horo : Awesome render, great atmosphere and mood.

A new scene, used Ayodhya ram temple from cults3d, converted to obj and textured in Bryce. The vegetation comes from different sources on the net.

ram temple12.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 139K
    Post edited by adbc on

Horo- excellent render, I also like the light at the end of th street.

Adbc - awesome render, the lighting is perfect.

Hansmar - thank you. Yes, I look at the artwork from others also to get some ideas.

Electro-Elvis. Thank you.

adbc - thank you. Your temple render looks awesome.

mermaid - thank you.

adbc, great render, wonderful reflection in the pool.

Horo, I must admit, that, of course, I do that as well. laugh

mermaid, Horo, Hansmar : thank you.

edited April 2021

I used a terrain (2 stacked) from the Terrains under Fantastic Skies (I think, I did not save them per set). Added a DAZ Horse 2 with a Genesis rider in some clothing, a sky from the Grand mountains sky set (again, I think) and Glowing Star2 filter from the Lenses and filters by Horo.

narrowvalleys.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited April 2021

A very different render: I used a torus and a texture where one part provides the texture as such, but another provides the displacement map. I added a part of the Sky city, a solar sail and some (instances) of a space ship. A Fantastic sky completes it (though I modified it a bit). I call it 'donut-world'. I call it 'donut-world'. There are two lights in the 'world with limited effect on the surrounding.

donut-world.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 625K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar : superb renders. Beautiful sky and lighting on the terrain render. The donut is a great space picture and the sky fits the scene perfectly.

Hansmar - the landscape with the rider is excellent, the Donut is an interesting idea. Both are very well done.

This discussion has been closed.